New Zelda games aren't good

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Stanley09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Stanley09
Member since 2009 • 1656 Posts

I love the old ones for the handhelds like ALTTP, etc. But these new ones integrate the touch screen way too much. I got that first zelda game for ds lst year(cant remember name) with the boat, and that game was pretty bad. I got spirit tracks for christmas, and I havent even played it yet, but I watched videos online, and it looks like more of the same. I wish they would just make zelda games like the old ones...they were far better.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

I love the old ones for the handhelds like ALTTP, etc. But these new ones integrate the touch screen way too much. I got that first zelda game for ds lst year(cant remember name) with the boat, and that game was pretty bad. I got spirit tracks for christmas, and I havent even played it yet, but I watched videos online, and it looks like more of the same. I wish they would just make zelda games like the old ones...they were far better.

Stanley09
you complain about a game whose title you cannot remember? and you haven't tried spirit tracks, but yet they are bad games. At first i thought the touch screen would be a bad idea, but after playing both phantom hourglass and Spirit tracks, i really like it. You just need to get used to it.
Stanley09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Stanley09
[QUOTE="Stanley09"]

alexh_99
you complain about a game whose title you cannot remember? and you haven't tried spirit tracks, but yet they are bad games. At first i thought the touch screen would be a bad idea, but after playing both phantom hourglass and Spirit tracks, i really like it. You just need to get used to it.

Once I got used to spirit tracks, the game was still boring. It lacked fun. ALTTP was far superior than any of these touch screen zelda games will ever be
MUSH_IS_PWNs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MUSH_IS_PWNs
Member since 2009 • 1213 Posts

Stanley09
I personally love both ds Zeldas but many consider A Link tio the Past the greatest Zelda of all time but what other handheld Zeldas have you played because A Link to the Past doesn't really count as it is a port of the SNES game.
DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts
The zelda fanbase is confusing... And Im loving Spirit Tracks. ALTTP was actually a SNES game ported to the GBA. Great game, been a while since I played it. It also seems as if you are going into Spirit Tracks already hating it.
merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts

i somewhat agree with them bringing the old style back i enjoyed links awakening, oracle of season and ages , a link to the past and minish cap far more than i enjoyed phantam hourglass and spirit tracks. although spirit tracks is still a lot better than phantom hourglass.

i think they should have integrades minimal touch screen like just to throw the boomerang or something and let you use buttons and dpad like the old games.

lucky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lucky326
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts

Age of Oracles and Age of Seasons those 2 games were fantastic, I howvever have simply left the handheld Zelda since Phantom Hourglass. One Dungeon and I was bored out of my mind. The touchscreen feels like a poor implementation and idea overall for control and it didn't seem to have the spirit of the Zelda games anymore.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Twilight Princess is my favorite console Zelda.

Spirit Tracks is my favorite handheld Zelda.

Phantom Hourglass is my second favorite handheld Zelda.

And what are you going to do about it?

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
Anyway you take it,its your opinion TC cuz i find the games to be great and wouldn't mind at all seeing another one.
ForeverNHim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ForeverNHim
Member since 2003 • 971 Posts
I must say that you are setting the bar very high, A Link to the Past was probably one of the top 3 Zelda's ever. With each Zelda, Nintendo seems to make great use of the peripherals. First was the 3D with Ocarina on N64, then with the Wiimote on Twilight. With the DS, you have to use the touch, because that is what makes the DS great. It works great with puzzle's and items in game, and a little easier I think than the Wiimote and nunchuck on Phantom. However, I would watch setting the bar so high comparing all handheld Zelda's to Link to the Past, because not many will ever match it's story and gameplay.
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#11 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

What a waste of a thread. BLOG IT! Ya i hated PH, but i like Spirit Tracks, not a fan of touch but it does well in Spirit Tracks, My favorite handheld zelda is minish cap

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

I got spirit tracks for christmas, and I havent even played it yet

Stanley09

Then how can you say it's no good?

San_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 San_09
Member since 2009 • 1206 Posts
[QUOTE="DaViD_99"]The zelda fanbase is confusing... And Im loving Spirit Tracks. ALTTP was actually a SNES game ported to the GBA. Great game, been a while since I played it. It also seems as if you are going into Spirit Tracks already hating it.

Dude, the Zelda fanbase are one of the worst, ever... Literally complain about everything... You should have went to the ST board the first time it was announced, just to see the amount of train jokes and ''OOh trains! This game takes place in industrial rev, so we may hav gunzzz next!!'' Idiots, this is a fantasy game.... Umm, right anyway, TC the game is on the DS. The DS has a touch screen. Expect games to use the touch screen,
Stanley09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Stanley09
Ya, I know it was a port from SNES, and those ones like Oracle of seasons and whatnot were also very good. And ya, wtf is up with random trains in a zelda game, this is supposed to be mideval times, isnt it? And ive seen gameplay videos of it online so I know what it is like, it looks very similar to phantom hour glass which is a bad thing... Oh well, I'll probably just keep it enclosed, not open it, and sell it at some point.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
How about you actually give the games some serious time before judging them? These games are on par with most other Zeldas so maybe your attitutude toward this kind of game has changed or you remember the old Zeldas as being better in memory.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
[QUOTE="San_09"][QUOTE="DaViD_99"]The zelda fanbase is confusing... And Im loving Spirit Tracks. ALTTP was actually a SNES game ported to the GBA. Great game, been a while since I played it. It also seems as if you are going into Spirit Tracks already hating it.

Dude, the Zelda fanbase are one of the worst, ever... Literally complain about everything... You should have went to the ST board the first time it was announced, just to see the amount of train jokes and ''OOh trains! This game takes place in industrial rev, so we may hav gunzzz next!!'' Idiots, this is a fantasy game.... Umm, right anyway, TC the game is on the DS. The DS has a touch screen. Expect games to use the touch screen,

Nah, it's like that for most, if not all fanbases.
uyiop0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 uyiop0t
Member since 2009 • 615 Posts
Yeah, I agree. Zelda is becoming too G-rated. I loved Ocarina, and I even loved Wind Waker, but that Wind Waker art style is wearing out its welcome, and I didn't care for Twilight Princess at all.
bob1932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bob1932
Member since 2003 • 473 Posts

[QUOTE="DaViD_99"]The zelda fanbase is confusing... And Im loving Spirit Tracks. ALTTP was actually a SNES game ported to the GBA. Great game, been a while since I played it. It also seems as if you are going into Spirit Tracks already hating it.San_09

The sonic fanbase is WAAAAAAYYY worse.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#19 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I just aren't a fan of Zelda games on the DS they use the capabilities way to much you don't use the D Pad or other buttons at all.

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Blog next time. kthx.

And Zelda fans are so weird. Most of 'em, anyways. They put ALTTP and OoT on a pedestal, and condemn every other Zelda game made. Phantom Hourglass was awesome. Sure, the hub Temple was a little repetitive, but really moreso than Majora's Mask? Which was an excellent game, by the way. Phantom Hourglass was a lot of fun, I loved the use of the stylus. It enabled so much innovation to be included, and it was taken to the next level in Spirit Tracks. If you don't like it, fine. But don't disguise your close mindedness by blaming the controls, or zomg-a-train.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

Ya, I know it was a port from SNES, and those ones like Oracle of seasons and whatnot were also very good. And ya, wtf is up with random trains in a zelda game, this is supposed to be mideval times, isnt it?Stanley09
Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass had cannons, Twilight Princess had magnets and gears, Majora's Mask had a Clock Tower, balloons, and a freaking rock band, and from the very first game, the series had bombs used at regular intervals.

Westsmasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Westsmasher
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
ST is my favorite handheld, but I agree that they should've put some button capabilities
MUSH_IS_PWNs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MUSH_IS_PWNs

Yeah, I agree. Zelda is becoming too G-rated. I loved Ocarina, and I even loved Wind Waker, but that Wind Waker art style is wearing out its welcome, and I didn't care for Twilight Princess at all.uyiop0t

Aren't you the guy who said Cod was advocating torture??? MAybe it was someone else but if it was you do you have an alter ego or something?

MUSH_IS_PWNs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MUSH_IS_PWNs

[QUOTE="Stanley09"]Ya, I know it was a port from SNES, and those ones like Oracle of seasons and whatnot were also very good. And ya, wtf is up with random trains in a zelda game, this is supposed to be mideval times, isnt it?PannicAtack

Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass had cannons, Twilight Princess had magnets and gears, Majora's Mask had a Clock Tower, balloons, and a freaking rock band, and from the very first game, the series had bombs used at regular intervals.

owned.
Kuske_Vorpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kuske_Vorpal
Member since 2007 • 229 Posts

This feels as if Nintendo experimented with the controls, but it still succeeded. I have only played PH yet the controls were good. I saw nothing wrong with them. PH was the first Zelda game I'd played, ever, seriously. Without any previous experience I had a good time playing it. Playing the other Zelda games later, I found some of them to be better, but only ALTTP to do better by far.

uyiop0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 uyiop0t
Member since 2009 • 615 Posts

[QUOTE="uyiop0t"]Yeah, I agree. Zelda is becoming too G-rated. I loved Ocarina, and I even loved Wind Waker, but that Wind Waker art style is wearing out its welcome, and I didn't care for Twilight Princess at all.MUSH_IS_PWNs

Aren't you the guy who said Cod was advocating torture??? MAybe it was someone else but if it was you do you have an alter ego or something?

Um in System Wars? I made a thread yesterday saying how I thought it was cruel and careless the Call of Duty characters act, and you called me stupid saying I'm the type who changes the name of Christmas Tree to Holiday Tree.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TriniPlayer

[QUOTE="MUSH_IS_PWNs"]

[QUOTE="uyiop0t"]Yeah, I agree. Zelda is becoming too G-rated. I loved Ocarina, and I even loved Wind Waker, but that Wind Waker art style is wearing out its welcome, and I didn't care for Twilight Princess at all.uyiop0t

Um in System Wars? I made a thread yesterday saying how I thought it was cruel and careless the Call of Duty characters act, and you called me stupid saying I'm the type who changes the name of Christmas Tree to Holiday Tree.

whats all this talk about chrsitmas and holiday tree about?

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PannicAtack

[QUOTE="uyiop0t"]

[QUOTE="MUSH_IS_PWNs"]

TriniPlayer

Oh, please. I hate the "holiday" argument.
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

[QUOTE="uyiop0t"]

[QUOTE="MUSH_IS_PWNs"]

TriniPlayer

Festivus for the rest of us?:P

San_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 San_09
Member since 2009 • 1206 Posts

[QUOTE="DaViD_99"]The zelda fanbase is confusing... And Im loving Spirit Tracks. ALTTP was actually a SNES game ported to the GBA. Great game, been a while since I played it. It also seems as if you are going into Spirit Tracks already hating it.San_09

Ya, I know it was a port from SNES, and those ones like Oracle of seasons and whatnot were also very good. And ya, wtf is up with random trains in a zelda game, this is supposed to be mideval times, isnt it? And ive seen gameplay videos of it online so I know what it is like, it looks very similar to phantom hour glass which is a bad thing... Oh well, I'll probably just keep it enclosed, not open it, and sell it at some point.Stanley09

See what I mean guys?

*sigh*

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

I got spirit tracks for christmas, and I havent even played it yetStanley09

And then an hour later:

Once I got used to spirit tracks, the game was still boringStanley09

Its kinda hard to take your criticism seriously when you're resorting to lying to justify your opinion.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

[QUOTE="Stanley09"]

I got spirit tracks for christmas, and I havent even played it yetseankane

And then an hour later:

Its kinda hard to take your criticism seriously when you're resorting to lying to justify your opinion.

lol, i was about to post that, but i had to make sure no one else did before me. You beat me to it! :P Anyway TC you're contradicting yourself a lot.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PannicAtack

[QUOTE="San_09"][QUOTE="DaViD_99"] Dude, the Zelda fanbase are one of the worst, ever... Literally complain about everything... You should have went to the ST board the first time it was announced, just to see the amount of train jokes and ''OOh trains! This game takes place in industrial rev, so we may hav gunzzz next!!'' Idiots, this is a fantasy game.... Umm, right anyway, TC the game is on the DS. The DS has a touch screen. Expect games to use the touch screen, San_09

Ya, I know it was a port from SNES, and those ones like Oracle of seasons and whatnot were also very good. And ya, wtf is up with random trains in a zelda game, this is supposed to be mideval times, isnt it? And ive seen gameplay videos of it online so I know what it is like, it looks very similar to phantom hour glass which is a bad thing... Oh well, I'll probably just keep it enclosed, not open it, and sell it at some point.Stanley09

See what I mean guys?

*sigh*

Here's a better example: "Alright, guys. I know you were all upset when we came out with the Wind Waker instead of something like that Spaceworld 2000 demo - well, surprise! Here's a Zelda that has a more realistic aesthetic, going back to the roots of Ocarina of Time, and- ...now you like The Wind Waker?"
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PannicAtack
[QUOTE="seankane"]

[QUOTE="Stanley09"]

I got spirit tracks for christmas, and I havent even played it yetalexh_99

And then an hour later:

lol, i was about to post that, but i had to make sure no one else did before me. You beat me to it! :P Anyway TC you're contradicting yourself a lot.

Then he goes back to "I just won't open the box and then sell it later."
terafumos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 terafumos
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts
The full-stylus controls had me quite skeptical prior to Phantom Hourglass, but I think they turned out exceptionally well. Both that game and Spirit Tracks are very good games, and thankfully are not merely graphically updated rehashes of previous Zelda titles, albeit the similarities that remain.
merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#36 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
he did say he didnt play spirit tracks yet then in a nother reply he said he didnt like it lolol. how can u not like something if you havent played it and if its sitting in front of you open it up and play it instead of moaning about it with out actually playing it :P
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TriniPlayer
he did say he didnt play spirit tracks yet then in a nother reply he said he didnt like it lolol. how can u not like something if you havent played it and if its sitting in front of you open it up and play it instead of moaning about it with out actually playing it :Pmerch
He's just looking for attention,i wouldn't even bother.
Goods_Merchant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 Goods_Merchant
Member since 2009 • 953 Posts

First off, you are wrong. I have found both Zelda DS games to be fantastic.And since I am really a newbie to the ongoing franchise,I haven't really played any of the previous titles except for Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time, and I didn't consider those games to be amazing. I may be wrong, and there might be older Zelda games that are way better than the DS ones, but right now, I firmly believe that the new games are awesome.

GC4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 GC4ever
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts

zelda is the ONE series i know will be awesome with each game
i've been a fan since OoT and i have never been let down since
sounds like you're not a real fan....

Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

I liked PH but was dissapointed at how little islands there were. ST was better but the traveling was a little annoying. They are wearing it a bit thin though not just the touch scrren thats still ok with me for a bit longer but the art style is getting old. I vote in favor of OofT/MM style or even a remake.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

Arent good? If anything they are better!

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

I love the new Zelda games for the DS, I think the puzzles are very cool. I like Phantom Hourglass more than Spirit Tracks though, but I haven't completed Spirit Tracks yet so I don't know if it will stay so.

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 windsquid9000
Member since 2009 • 3206 Posts

The touch screen controls are a good thing. They give you analog, omnidirectional control over Link.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Minish cap and LTTP were awesome. The DS Zelda games are disappointing compared to that, but on it's own it's a good game, just not what I expect and wait for in a Zelda game.
Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#46 Wrecked69
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts
They are different but they are very fun. I wouldnt say no to a new ALTTP style Zelda coming out for the handheld, but I dont mind these at all.
LordDrew64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LordDrew64
Member since 2008 • 301 Posts

I honestly like to two ds zelda games a lot. People need to stop complaining about the touch screen controls, it's something new and if you don't like it then don't play the game. The point is that the controls actually work, and work well. The only thing that i don't really like about the two games is that they're a lot easier... and traveling takes to long.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

The touch screen controls are a good thing. They give you analog, omnidirectional control over Link.

windsquid9000

Honestly,controlling Link via the touch screen was imprecise to me,and I would have preferred the D-Pad for movement.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TriniPlayer

[QUOTE="windsquid9000"]

VGobbsesser

Honestly,controlling Link via the touch screen was imprecise to me,and I would have preferred the D-Pad for movement.

Its a Zelda game for the DS afterall so it would be wise for the game to use touch screen controls.If it wasn't on the DS,we would end up using the D-pad..

Pengwin133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pengwin133
Member since 2007 • 168 Posts

I liked phantom hourglass and like wat i'm seeing of spirit tracks but i WOULD have liked there to be more integrated d pad controls and such instead of all touch. Yes the old games were great, but the new games are able to achieve certain welcomed innovations such as the touch cannon, touch oriented puzzles,wider uses of weapons + gadgets, and an overall smoother and in depth feel to the game. yea basically i like the ds zeldas but want an added ds zelda like the older ones.