New Pokemon RPG Coming Soon

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gacs_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gacs_25
Member since 2006 • 505 Posts

Resent News: Next week's Pokémon Sunday is set to reveal something. We see Gamefreak director Junichi Masuda holding a poster covered up by a question mark. The full-lenght video will be released on February 16th.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On January 29th, Gamefreak director Junichi Masuda confirmed that Nintendo and Gamefreak are working on a brand new Pokémon RPG game, which is due for release by the end of 2010 according to the report. This title will boast brand new game play features, Pokémon and in Masuda's words, will mark the "rebirth" of the Pokémon franchise.

"The "Pocket Monsters" series for the Nintendo DS made use of the dual screen, touch screen, and Wi-Fi connection for play. The latest project under development is a completely new work, coming four years after "Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl" which boasts worldwide sales of over 17,150,000 copies (over 5,800,000 in Japan). It should make an innovative, fresh start by adding even more new game play and new Pokemon."

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g100129_02.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On January 22nd, it was revealed that there will be a brand new Pokémon plush line. The two question mark signs identity two Pokémon: Pokémon A (quite possibly a new Pokémon; either a forme or an entirely Pokémon) and Pokémon B (a D/P Pokémon). This has been done in the past (Pokémon A being Arceus/Shaymin Sky Forme) and Pokémon B (Notched-Ear Pichu).

On January 14, CoroCoro released a statement concerning their next issue which will cover the upcoming "Phantom Ruler Z" movie: "There will be a top-secret revealing of a Pokémon that will appear in the movie!!" and "A Pokémon that anyone would be surprised at is making an appearance in the movie!".

There is also a new set of key chains on the way to commemorate the release of the new movie, with two characters hidden behind white question marks.

For those who are not aware of this information, Pokémon Sunday (an official Japanese Pokémon television show) has lit the fire of speculation in regards to a possible 5th Generation or a new Pokémon forme which could possibly be revealed on January 16:

As it turns out, what was revealed on January 17 was a new Pokémon Ranger character called "Ukulele Pichu". This Pokémon will most certainly not be the CoroCoro one because the previous issue specifically stated that the Pokémon will be a "top-secret revealing" and the character is said to appear in the movie itself.

Bear in mind that this could all end up being another letdown similar to the "mysterious Pokémon key chain" announcement. However, the possibilities of a brand new Generation V Pokémon being released soon are quite high and should not be easily dismissed.

Pokebeach New RPG article: http://pokebeach.com/2010/01/5th-generation-pokemon-games-apparently-on-the-way

Pokebeach speculation article: http://pokebeach.com/2010/01/5th-generation-evidence-and-speculation

Pokebeach CoroCoro article: http://pokebeach.com/2010/01/corocoro-to-reveal-surprising-movie-13-pokemon-in-next-issue

Images from Pokebeach, PkStation and FrenteBatalla

merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
and that we must wait till next coro coro for movie news lol on feb 14th :P i hope its a fifth gen. but i am still holding out for it to be ho oh
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

New forms to Lugia and Ho-Oh, or an evolution to Celebi. That would be cool.

A Gen 5 Pokemon would be even cooler, though.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Nintendo can go on and ruin pokemon even more if they want

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

Cruse34
Explain to me how they ruined Pokemon in the first place.
Giga-Goomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Giga-Goomba
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts

Cruse34

WTF are you n about? Pokemon hasnt been ruined! I admit the rhoenn and sinnoh games aren't as good as the other two but they've opened up so any gates (E. Beries, Contests andBattle frontier) soI doubt ou can truly say pokemon has or will be ruined.

Joeker96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Joeker96
Member since 2009 • 828 Posts

I reckon it will just be a lesser known pokemon in the movie, but hey, we can always hope.

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

sman3579

The f'ing anime ruined Pokemon, am I right?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Cruse34

Please explain how that's even close to being true

gacs_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gacs_25

It is currently Sunday in Japan, so any news regarding the mysterious question mark sign should be released in a matter of hours. I will make sure to update the first post as soon as any information rolls in.

da_zman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 da_zman
Member since 2009 • 380 Posts

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

Giga-Goomba

WTF are you n about? Pokemon hasnt been ruined! I admit the rhoenn and sinnoh games aren't as good as the other two but they've opened up so any gates (E. Beries, Contests andBattle frontier) soI doubt ou can truly say pokemon has or will be ruined.

i don't know where this comes from. there are simply to many improvements made to the 3rd and 4th gens for me to think that the old ones are better. I mean, its not like we play pokemon for the story, right?

Icare0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Icare0
Member since 2009 • 409 Posts

Cruse34

How they ruined it? [N+1]

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

[QUOTE="sman3579"][QUOTE="Cruse34"]

tekken220

The f'ing anime ruined Pokemon, am I right?

the anime has like nothing to do with the games though. I personally havent watched the anime at all since the very first pokemon games were released, relaly the anime is only just a quick cash in for Cartoon network with little kids since pokemons such a popular franchise.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#14 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Will Ash see this new Pokemon again? Or will he find something entirely new? Find out on the Next Episode of

POKEMON RULER Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

Probably going to be another batch of Pokemon that will look worse than the batches before it.

xDRare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xDRare
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
5th Generation would be pretty sweet but I doubt its going to happen.
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Hey whats up everybody a lot of people want to know why I think Pokemon is ruined so heres a list!

1. The new Pokemon are unimagintive and annoying. There mostly just colourful animals now
  2. They've just recycled the same thing over and over
  3. They've failed to add anything meaningful since red/blue

Sure you guys are going to say what about online? :shock: Well getting all the pokemon you need for the game by trading kindof wrecks the point. battles are fun though

Thats why

Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#18 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

And people say Nintendo milks the Mario franchise too much... :|

wiidskirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wiidskirby
Member since 2008 • 1317 Posts

Hey whats up everybody a lot of people want to know why I think Pokemon is ruined so heres a list!

1. The new Pokemon are unimagintive and annoying. There mostly just colourful animals now

Sure you guys are going to say what about online? :shock: Well getting all the pokemon you need for the game by trading kindof wrecks the point. battles are fun though

Thats why

Cruse34

I mostly agree, but I think that Silver and Gold were a large improvement over Red and Blue.

But I agree about your last point; trading and battling were much more fun over the cable link. Trash talking was much easier this way;)

GameExtreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GameExtreme
Member since 2009 • 35 Posts

Thats why

Cruse34

I completely agree with you on your first point. Much off the latest set of pokemon are just lame. Take hippopotas and hippowdon for example... Just colorful animals

gacs_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gacs_25

This is not a thread to discuss your dislike/approval of this current generation or the franchise as a whole. The purpose of this thread is to serve as a medium between news sites and this forum to get the latest news regarding the so-called "New Pokémon" or the confirmation of a new generation.

oldmanriver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 oldmanriver1
Member since 2009 • 726 Posts

Luigi12901

And whats wrong with milking as long as people still find the game fun?

merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 merch

[QUOTE="Luigi12901"]

oldmanriver1

nothing its just another bullet point haters add to make there hating seem valid :P,
the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_wet_mop
Member since 2006 • 7518 Posts

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

Thats why

GameExtreme

I completely agree with you on your first point. Much off the latest set of pokemon are just lame. Take hippopotas and hippowdon for example... Just colorful animals

yeah, because ratata, fearow, ekans, ect aren't just colorful animals :roll:

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

The new Pokemon are unimagintive and annoying. There mostly just colourful animals now

Aren't they all colorful? Plus, not all of them are based on animals.

They've just recycled the same thing over and over

That didn't stop Mario

They've failed to add anything meaningful since red/blue

While IVs and EVs are debatable, there's a list of stuff that has been improved since Red and Blue.

Sure you guys are going to say what about online? :shock: Well getting all the pokemon you need for the game by trading kindof wrecks the point.

Trading has been a major point in the series since Red and Blue

Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#26 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

[QUOTE="Luigi12901"]

oldmanriver1

Oh, I have nothing against them milking a popular franchise. I love almost all of the 'same old' Mario games they make, just I don't like hearing people say that Nintendo focuses too much on Mario when Pokemon has like 6 new entries every year. Cause that's a double standard.

gacs_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gacs_25

This is not a thread to discuss your dislike/approval of this current generation or the franchise as a whole. The purpose of this thread is to serve as a medium between news sites and this forum to get the latest news regarding the so-called "New Pokémon" or the confirmation of a new generation.

gacs_25

merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 merch
i hope the starters are cool :)
Giga-Goomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Giga-Goomba

they should make a new evolution or prevolutionfor jynx,pinsir,heracross,farfetch'd,skarmory and banette. That would be sweet

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

Jaysonguy

Please explain how that's even close to being true

I think it's pretty much about the pokemon themselves rather than the game series... I assume. And to that extent I completely agree. The design choices of the new pokemon (starting with the 3rd generation) have been quite awful.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

They should honestly just combine all the games into one (Same regions, and do it like how Silver/Gold had Kanto in it) make it for the DS, and then stop making Pokemon games. I really don't want Pokemon to get milked to death.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I think the new pokemon are fine. The only real difference I notice is unecessary stripes or markings.

I think Camerupt's blue rings only make the design worse. Crawdaunt suffers from blue stripes as well, and has a gaudy star where red horns (Such as those on Corphish)would have sufficed. Pokemon from the first two generations didn't have any problems like this.

gacs_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gacs_25

New information has been released.

More details can be found at: http://pokebeach.com/2010/01/more-specifics-of-pokemon-a-and-pokemon-b

MrBowser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MrBowser
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Sounds good to me.
merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 merch
yes but how they just said it clearly states both pokemon are from diamon and pearl generation lol.
gacs_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gacs_25

yes but how they just said it clearly states both pokemon are from diamon and pearl generation lol. merch

Diamond*

And no. If you actually paid attention to the article, Pokémon "B" is labeled as "Pokémon Plush DP" while Pokémon "A" is labeled as "New Pokémon". Whether this is a new forme, a brand new Pokémon, or something else is as of yet unknown, however they are not identified as both being already-known Pokémon.

merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 merch
nvm lol i read that wrong ok so there new product line is called new pokemon plush, well we still got to wait till feb 11-15th to get leaks of corocoro :P
Itake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Itake
Member since 2009 • 195 Posts

Cruse34

Itake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Itake
Member since 2009 • 195 Posts

Anyway, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! for new series!!!

stEElyDaN909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 stEElyDaN909
Member since 2010 • 509 Posts

The new Pokemon are unimagintive and annoying. There mostly just colourful animals nowThey've just recycled the same thing over and overThey've failed to add anything meaningful since red/blue

Thats why

Cruse34
The new Pokemon are unimaginative and annoying, yet they've recycled the same thing over and over? That can only mean that the older Pokemon were also unimaginative and annoying as well. Play R/B/Y and try to navigate the item menu, the box system, and the pokedex. Now, try doing the exact same thing in G/S/C. It becomes much easier to use. When I was 8 and Pokemon was socially acceptable, I traded and battled with all my friends, because they also all had Pokemon. Now it's over 10 years later, and I'm the only one of my friends who actually still plays it. Pokemon is a game your supposed to play with other people, yet I have no one to play it with. Now, you answer me this quick question: is there a way I can play with other people over long distances without having to know them in real life?
Giga-Goomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Giga-Goomba

Agreed!

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pixel-Perfect

Pokemon is a game your supposed to play with other people, yet I have no one to play it with. Now, you answer me this quick question: is there a way I can play with other people over long distances without having to know them in real life?stEElyDaN909

There are plenty of sites available to trade friend codes on. Why, even gamefaqs has two dedicated pokemon boards, one for trading, and one for battling.

stEElyDaN909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 stEElyDaN909
Member since 2010 • 509 Posts

[QUOTE="stEElyDaN909"]Pokemon is a game your supposed to play with other people, yet I have no one to play it with. Now, you answer me this quick question: is there a way I can play with other people over long distances without having to know them in real life?Pixel-Perfect

There are plenty of sites available to trade friend codes on. Why, even gamefaqs has two dedicated pokemon boards, one for trading, and one for battling.

I should've known better than to try and be sarcastic on the internet. :'( Tbh I'm more active on gamefaqs than I am here D:
cloudmip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 cloudmip
Member since 2009 • 240 Posts

sounds sweet if its fifth gen then that means a new GAME!!!

xXDante666Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xXDante666Xx
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts

So has this information surfaced yet? I thought he said it was a couple of days ago. Or am i missing the point here.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pixel-Perfect

We should know by mid february.

MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#47 MasterBolt360
Member since 2009 • 5293 Posts

Oh great, as if 500 names wasn't enough to memorize already.

gacs_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gacs_25

Breaking news related to a new Pokémon RPG.

pikaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 pikaby
Member since 2006 • 12720 Posts

It's definitely going to be 5th Gen.

Man, am I excited :)

Ramen1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ramen1020
Member since 2009 • 1031 Posts

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

sman3579

Everything past GSC is garbage IMO.