New info on Nintendo's Quality of Life Device

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

Nintendo has filed a series of patents for its new Quality of Life device. A user on Neogaf helped shed light on the new details. Would seem Nintendo is patenting using a portable terminal to detect sensor information for assessing a users emotions. The sensor information could be sound information by microphone, or image information by camera. The portable terminal can assess the information in standby mode. Can read up on the patent here.

A pulse sensor along with 2 other sensors im guessing detect the users sleep state and the information is displayed with a projector and control means. The controls means will also feature a photo that appears with either a frown or smiley. This patent can be viewed here.

The final patent explains how they will send physiology (study of things that keep one alive) information from the user and send it to be stored on a server. The server will also send back useful information to the user to help one improve upon. The full details on the patent can be found here.

The information processing system features a stationary device, portable device, and a server as shown in this patent. In this patent it explains how the system can sensor your heartbeat and ones pulse without making contact. Like a Doppler sensor for example. Im guessing theyre talking about using the camera to achieve this. It can also determine your fatigue using this info it seems. Another patent found here helps to explain how they differ in sensing. Basically the stationary device senses information while your asleep and the portable device detects while your awake. The final patent here helps explain a little more on the portable and server functions.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Well it's interesting. Not sure how projecting things on the ceiling is useful though.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@trugs26: Just to get some info before bed im guessing. I like doing stuff and watching stuff in bed before i pass out. I usually watch the Gamepad and have it play Kirby music or something. Does seem kinda weird, but im hoping we can project cool stuff on the ceiling, like maybe Kirby eating 100 sheep.

These censor apps are pretty popular among mobile users it seems, my sister uses hers on her Iphone, it does all this sensor stuff with feedback and can monitor your sleeping. Im interested learning more about this portable device they will use, it looks like a phone to me. I thought was the portable device that was projecting, but im pretty sure it the stationary device that is. The portable device has a camera, but not sure what else it will be able to do. The PDF files on the patents have a bunch of info, but its all in Japanese and hard to google the symbols.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

this looks interesting.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points