Modern Warfare 2 on Wii

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

riddyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 riddyJ
Member since 2005 • 56 Posts

Does anybody think there's going to be Modern Warfare 2 on the Wii, I hope so then they can add to all the features CoD:WAW didn't have like Wii Speak.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
I hope not. That would be terrible.
riddyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 riddyJ

I hope not. That would be terrible.AlexSays

Why would that be terrible...?

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts

Does anybody think there's going to be Modern Warfare 2 on the Wii, I hope so then they can add to all the features CoD:WAW didn't have like Wii Speak.

riddyJ
Ignore the previous poster. That would be great! I loved WAW, and I think they can make the next one better for Wii.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#5 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
I am going to lean towards no because Modern Warfare was not on the wii, and infinity ward is once again developing the sequel, Modern Warfare 2.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
If its not an 'after-thought' version like most multiplat Wii games, then fine.
JebranRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JebranRush
Member since 2009 • 1401 Posts
As long as it doesn't turn out like World at War, that would be alright. At least put some effort into it.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AlexSays
Why would that be terrible...?riddyJ
It'd be stripped of everything that makes it great on other consoles. We're talking "dumbed-down port" times 100.
Ignore the previous poster. That would be great! I loved WAW, and I think they can make the next one better for Wii.santiagochile
Yeah that's awesome World at War had a Wii-specific team. Infinity Ward doesn't have a Wii specific team. It helps to know about the games we're talking about.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wiifan001
And another thing, Infinity Ward wouldn't develop it for Wii, but rather the PS2, and then port over to Wii. Naturally, the game would be missing features that other versions would get like COD3 and WaW did. It's just wouldn't quite be the same in the end and would be "inferior" which is a real shame because I like the Call of Duty franchise :(
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
I thought i read on some web site that it is coming out for the wii but i can't remember and if it does come out i am sure it will be good for all world at war used the modern warfare engine and it was great
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I wouldn't mind it if it was built for the Wii. Not just a down graded port that happens oh to much....

Was WaW a port? Or was that built ground up?

Avatar image for ChrisSpartan117
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ChrisSpartan117
Member since 2008 • 4519 Posts

Um...it's not coming to the Wii, because Infinity Ward doesn't really care for the Wii. Treyarch does, but I don't see them porting anything to the Wii, because their games uses the other consoles' power rather extensively.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AlexSays
It's just wouldn't quite be the same in the end and would be "inferior"wiifan001
Exactly. I'm not sure why everyone wants inferior games. It's like "Yeah I know I bought a Wii, but I really wanted to play all the games on THAT console, so just give me bad versions of those games on the Wii, mmkay?"
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ChrisSpartan117

OK, you guys do realize Call Of Duty 3 and World At War were both NOT developed by Infinity Ward, right? They were made by Treyarch.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AlexSays
Was WaW a port? Or was that built ground up?danger_ranger95
A port. But at least Treyarch had a separate team making sure the port was somewhat decent.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
I don't have a 360 or PS3 so as long as the game did not suck I hope it comes over to the Wii. If it is not worth my time then I won't but it, but it would be nice if they tried to put out a good version.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AlexSays

OK, you guys do realize Call Of Duty 3 and World At War were both NOT developed by Infinity Ward, right? They were made by Treyarch.ChrisSpartan117

Yeah I don't think a lot of people get that.

IW doesn't care for the Wii and doesn't have any Wii-specific developers, unlike Treyarch, so asking something like a Modern Warfare 2 port on the Wii is a couple notches from crazy.

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts
[QUOTE="riddyJ"]Why would that be terrible...?AlexSays
It'd be stripped of everything that makes it great on other consoles. We're talking "dumbed-down port" times 100.
Ignore the previous poster. That would be great! I loved WAW, and I think they can make the next one better for Wii.santiagochile
Yeah that's awesome World at War had a Wii-specific team. Infinity Ward doesn't have a Wii specific team. It helps to know about the games we're talking about.

Well, that's something that they are going to have to fix if they want to make MW2 for Wii.
brownluigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 brownluigi
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
if treyarch makes enough profit from COD WAW there's a possibility that modern warfare 2 will be for the wii cross your fingers!
aerial6790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 aerial6790
Member since 2008 • 1229 Posts
Now,no In a million years, yes
PainGivingLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PainGivingLink
Member since 2006 • 1316 Posts

[QUOTE="ChrisSpartan117"]OK, you guys do realize Call Of Duty 3 and World At War were both NOT developed by Infinity Ward, right? They were made by Treyarch.AlexSays

Yeah I don't think a lot of people get that.

IW doesn't care for the Wii and doesn't have any Wii-specific developers, unlike Treyarch, so asking something like a Modern Warfare 2 port on the Wii is a couple notches from crazy.

Maybe IW noticed that simply "porting" a version to the Wii could help move 1.5 million more copies. (That's how much Treyarch was able to sell) That's alot of money and profit, first considering that "porting" a game shouldn't cost alot of money, and second even if they did make it ground up for the Wii it still shouldn't cost that much, and moving 1.5 million copies would be a sure-fire profit for IW. Maybe they never realized that Wii owners would buy Call of Duty? Maybe its too late for this Call of Duty, but maybe for IW's next iteration they might consider the Wii.

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts

No, its being made by Infinity Ward.

BK3fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BK3fan
Member since 2008 • 58 Posts

Most games that are ported to Wii aren't ussually as good as the original. There are some exceptions. But WaW on Wii wasn't an exception, so if they do put MW2 on the Wii, they better up the anti.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]Was WaW a port? Or was that built ground up?AlexSays
A port. But at least Treyarch had a separate team making sure the port was somewhat decent.

i believe Call of Duty World at War Final Fronts on the PS2 was differnent, being as it displayed in 480i not 480p, and didn't feature any sort of multiplayer, and the wii version does, doesn't have the final frtons subtitles, has 480p, and receives content and mode updates

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

I'm too lazy to read the rest of the posts so I am just going to say what I thought when I read the first couple of posts...I think that CODWAW was missing even the simplest of features but the ones that make a difference to me like being able to track your score online or whatever I mean they even had that in the DS version...And I would want the equivalent to whatever zombie mode will be in CODM2...I was really dissapointed about that because Zombie mode is awesome...Anyway if they go all out on this one than I will buy it...Actually lol I will prolly buy it either way because I love CODWAW :P

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

and WAW on wii uses a modified form of the COD4 engine

so its not like IW is much more than a call or email away from having an engine without having to make one themselves

i dont think the PS2 WAW uses the COD4 engine, but i could be wrong

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AlexSays
Maybe IW noticed that simply "porting" a version to the Wii could help move 1.5 million more copies. (That's how much Treyarch was able to sell) That's alot of money and profit, first considering that "porting" a game shouldn't cost alot of money, and second even if they did make it ground up for the Wii it still shouldn't cost that much, and moving 1.5 million copies would be a sure-fire profit for IW. Maybe they never realized that Wii owners would buy Call of Duty? Maybe its too late for this Call of Duty, but maybe for IW's next iteration they might consider the Wii.PainGivingLink
IW knew Call of Duty 4 on the Wii would have sold. That has nothing to do with anything. It's the fact they have one team, and aren't going to sacrifice their time to butcher a great game so they can put it on another console. People need to realize you can't buy every piece of software with one console. The fact people expect every game on other consoles to also be on the Wii is laughable.
so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#28 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
There's probably a 51% chance that there will one released. Why 51%? Because it's more than likely.
snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

I am going to lean towards no because Modern Warfare was not on the wii, and infinity ward is once again developing the sequel, Modern Warfare 2. wiifan001

So, when the GOOD development (Infinity Ward) team develops a COD game, it is not on Wii.

But when the REPLACEMENT development team (Treyarck) develops a COD game, it is on Wii.

There is a problem here, I WANT INFINITY WARD TO DEVELOP A GAME FOR WII, NOT TREYARCK!

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AlexSays
There is a problem here, I WANT INFINITY WARD TO DEVELOP A GAME FOR WII, NOT TREYARCK!snover2009
That's the thing though, it's better financially to develop on the consoles they're developing on. Those two consoles combined have a larger user base than JUST the Wii, so more people have a chance to play and buy their game. There's that and the fact they don't like the Wii, and that doesn't help. lol
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
Yeah I highly doubt that. CoD:WaW is about to break a million though, perhaps greed will draw in IW lol...
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed like a week ago that it was indeed coming to wii.

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 snover2009

[QUOTE="snover2009"]There is a problem here, I WANT INFINITY WARD TO DEVELOP A GAME FOR WII, NOT TREYARCK!AlexSays
That's the thing though, it's better financially to develop on the consoles they're developing on. Those two consoles combined have a larger user base than JUST the Wii, so more people have a chance to play and buy their game. There's that and the fact they don't like the Wii, and that doesn't help. lol

Just a port to Wii like WAW would suffice.

If all else fails, I'll get it on PC.

draxten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 draxten
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
why dont you like WAW \
riddyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 riddyJ

I myself was pleased with the way WAW was ported the only problems I had was the lag they atleast got in Hardcore I would have like to see headquarters because that was one of my favorite modes (not for easy points). I was also happy to see the perks system made it in as well something I expected wouldn't be included in the wii version the major thing I hope for is a competitive online game that uses wii speak besides the Conduit.

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
The Conduit will beat out all FPS games
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#37 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

I thought it was coming on the Wii :?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 wiifan001

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]I am going to lean towards no because Modern Warfare was not on the wii, and infinity ward is once again developing the sequel, Modern Warfare 2. snover2009

So, when the GOOD development (Infinity Ward) team develops a COD game, it is not on Wii.

But when the REPLACEMENT development team (Treyarck) develops a COD game, it is on Wii.

There is a problem here, I WANT INFINITY WARD TO DEVELOP A GAME FOR WII, NOT TREYARCK!

Treyarck creates PS2 versions of Call of Duty and ports to Wii, resulting as not only ports, but incomplete games as well. Infinity Ward just doesn't bother with the Wii. So what do you want? A cheap, lousy definitive version of a game or a game you know you have to look somewhere else (360/PS3 example) and get the full benefits of what that company was attempting to polish and input their fullest attempt? I love my Wii, but I would definitely look to a PC if I want my games to get the full benefits in these types of cases, and Call of Duty franchise is no exception.
zeorshadow19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 zeorshadow19
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts

Yeah right. It'd be so underwhelming. Didn't they cut the level out of WAW where you're in the plane in the wii version?

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 snover2009

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]I am going to lean towards no because Modern Warfare was not on the wii, and infinity ward is once again developing the sequel, Modern Warfare 2. wiifan001

Treyarck creates PS2 versions of Call of Duty and ports to Wii, resulting as not only ports, but incomplete games as well. Infinity Ward just doesn't bother with the Wii. So what do you want? A cheap, lousy definitive version of a game or a game you know you have to look somewhere else (360/PS3 example) and get the full benefits of what that company was attempting to polish and input their fullest attempt? I love my Wii, but I would definitely look to a PC if I want my games to get the full benefits in these types of cases, and Call of Duty franchise is no exception.

Have you played the PS2 version of WAW, it is completely different from the other versions, having another subtitle in its name "Final Fronts".

With this respect, WAW Wii is a 360 port because it has all the scripted events from those games.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
no
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Doesn't matter to me as long as they put enough time on the 360/PS3 version to make them as great, if not better, than CoD4.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

I'd like to point out that we might see a wii version not because this is IW, but because this is activision. They pay the bills and they make most the money. And a wii version is cheap and profitable.

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#44 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

no thanks

r_gam3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 r_gam3
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts
well all activision games have sold excellent on wii titles. Modern warfare will come to wii defo.
BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts

not gonna happen. game would look awful. you're gonna have to get a ps3/360

ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ChrisSpartan117

if treyarch makes enough profit from COD WAW there's a possibility that modern warfare 2 will be for the wii cross your fingers!brownluigi
Treyarch is not making MW2.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

It would be dumb for them not to.

That would be 1 million less games sold. I don't see the idea of not making the game for the wii a good one in financial terms. They would make quite a bit more money.

milky3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 milky3
Member since 2009 • 48 Posts
waw was a great game but mw may not hit because the origanal did not
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
[QUOTE="alexh_99"]

It would be dumb for them not to.

That would be 1 million less games sold. I don't see the idea of not making the game for the wii a good one in financial terms. They would make quite a bit more money.

Not only that, but the difference in sales between COD3 and COD5 proves that the more effort they put in to the Wii version the more it sells like the same game on the PS3 or 360. IW and Activision would be foolish not to put MW2 on the Wii. I would much rather see Battlefield come to the Wii than MW2 though.