Mii MMOSG - ONE THOUSAND VOTES - I love you all!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

Woah!

It's been almost two years since I typed this monster, but it has reached the legendary mark of ONE THOUSAND VOTES. So, one thousand people around the word were kind enough to opine (well some didn't like it...), which probably makes this one of the most viewed threads in the Wii board. Thus, I'm happily bumping this! Again, thanks everyone!

---------

Dang, Sony stole my idea! But let's go anyway:

Forget Animal Crossing. This is what the Wii needs.

And obviously the 'goog' in the poll is a typo. It was supposed to be 'good'.

And also, please have patience to read it all. (Updates are listed at the bottom of the post)

Very well, I bet you all have been introduced to the Miis, those cute little avatars we'll be able to create thanks to the built in Mii channel. I bet you have also seen those Wii screens with tens, maybe hundreds of Miis walking around, and then organized by gender or name. This picture, of loads of tiny people walking around (and a few other topics, I should admit), inspired me to create a Mii MMOSG (Massively Multiplayer Social Game) concept that I hope you enjoy. I'm accepting all feedback!

First of all, I'd like to share a little of my personal opinion on Wii and its philosophy, since its quite important to understand the concept. Most Nintendo fans have probably followed the whole Wii revelation, since its first appearance as "Revolution", and the revolution itself that Nintendo promised. I'd just like to stress that, at least in my opinion, the true revolution we'll see is not a gameplay one, but a social one. I could talk endlessly about it, but I'll sumarize it in just a few more sentences, as I believe you all got the idea of a easy to pick-and-play, family friendly, and party console that Nintendo has been marketing. Indeed, we may be near a gaming revolution there hasn't been since the NES, in which gaming social and cultural aspects could change wildly, and for the better. It doesn't matter if the gaming market grows, gamers are a very closed group, and the boundary between gamers and non gamers is visible. It's up to the Wii to prove itself as a more social console.

With all that in mind, mainly that Miis are an incredibly clever way to "socialize" the Wii, I came up with a kind of MMOSG that uses the Mii system for four main purposes:

- Make use of the real Mii potential
- Get Wii owners/users closer
- Organize Wii functions
- Stimulate Wii-DS connection

The concept is pretty simple, yet quite rich. Imagine a town, in which all Miis can walk freely. You can enter and exit the town whenever you like. The whole purpose is just to walk around, meet Miis, and see what the town can offer to you. So let's go step by step.

Keep in mind that I have no idea of Wii online capabilities. I'll just assume it's freaking awesome.

And don't forget: this is not supposed to come in a disc, and only to be played online, as several MMORPGs and MMOSGs around the internet.

I - Meeting Miis

First of all, I realize there are two major problems: while a Mii is supposed to represent a distinct Wii owner/user, every owner is able to create tens of Miis. Secondly, even if just a part of Wii owners create and use a Mii, we're still talking about millions of Miis. So let's see the solutions.

About the multiple Miis per owner issue, it is not that big of a deal. It's up to the owner if he wants to be recognized or not in the virtual town. After all, we all have the right to privacy.

About the enormous quantity of Miis, there are two problems to solve: first, there is just too many Miis, so the city would have to be a true metropolis. While this idea may be charming and appealing (imagine bus stops, trains, and all kind of things it would imply), the Wii may just not handle it. Moreover, it would be quite hard to find specific Miis and town locations. At first, I thought about several servers for different towns. But actually, it could be done with a single town, but several servers: a main server for the town, and other ones for the buildings (I'll talk about them in part II).

Another reason why I thought about different towns/servers is because of the nationality of Wii owners. Having in a same place people speaking many different languages could get out of control. But it is not such an issue: in order to enter the MiiWorld, a profile has to be created, in which you indicate, among some other things, which languages you dominate. HUBs would then indicate with which Miis you'd be able to communicate (more about it in part III).

The town is basically a bunch of streets, buildings, houses... And Miis. You're free to walk, enter buildings, and interact with other Miis.

II - Interacting with Miis

There is you. And there are other Miis. What to do next? Interact with them. You just have to walk to a Mii, and press, let's say, the A button, and then choose an option such as "Chat" (supposing Wii will evetually feature a web messenger), "Defy" (to play a game online), etc. The other Mii will then accept or decline your request.

As for chatting, that could be done by text or mic. Nintendo is very creative, and you could see a lot of solutions, as for the Wiimote use to type, voice to text recognition, etc. HUBs would indicate if Miis are busy chatting, or playing online. I realize that part of my concept is pretty tricky.

Creating and describing that whole interface would require a work I'm not able to do, and a time I don't have - I'm already typing all that stuff! But I hope you get the overall idea.

But, how to choose a specific Mii to interact? There are loads of them! First, by looking for Miis featuring an interesting profile (of course, you can select it to be private if you will) - in the same way, featuring an interesting profile yourself would potentially attract Miis. Secondly, there are specific places to go. For example, a gaming club. The gaming club is settled on another server. Go there if you want to play online, or chat about gaming, and you'll find other Miis also willing to.

In the same fashion, there would be theaters, plazas, graveyards, and anything you can think about, for different interests. You could analogically compare each building to a board, and you create topics by interacting with other Miis. Actually, the whole city is a colossal animated chatroom.

III - Some other buildings functionalities and examples

Those board-buildings could be more than just a place to meet Miis sharing your interests. Some WiiChannels could have a "shortcut" in the town. For example, you could go to the theater to watch the latest game trailers, and to a shop to buy stuff with WiiPoints, after asking some Miis what's worth your points. Also, to prevent any disturbance, buildings should be moderated (by cop-looking Miis?). After all, TOS RULES APPLY.

Now let's imagine some more specific buildings than board-buildings. For example, a tennis court. You can go there and look for Miis to play tennis, in a WiiSports fashion. Or, while waiting whatever you have to wait for, if you have no life, you can just go and watch Miis playing. Same for bowling, or some temporarily free oldschool games (for virtual console advertising).

There could also be buildings - or even better, whole town sections - for specific world regions (North America, Japan, Latin America, Europe) and languages, in which it will be easier to find people from your country to chat. This does not mean the city is somewhat segregated in different parts - there should be a unicity feel, in order to keep things simple, and such language specific areas should be limited.

IV - Expanding the MiiWorld

The town, obviously, could be updated and upgraded by Nintendo. But you can do your part too! Everything listed above isn't enough for you? You want to be more popular among the Miis, get more attention, and become as cool as it gets? Well, if you let Nintendo milk you, you could use WiiPoints to buy your house, and buy stuff to customize it. Miis will be able to visit you (of course you can "lock" your house if you will), know more about you (or your online alter-ego) and realize you exist.

V - DS connection

Just as a Mii MMOSG would stimulate WiiConnect24 and Miis programming, it could also be used to showcase Wii-DS connection. Basically, the connection would allow some actions to be done quicker or easier, and also exclusive DS content to be used.

For example, the DS would make chatting a lot more interesting, thanks to the Stylus. Typing would be quicker, the microphone could be used, and the drawing capabilities would make the conversation way more dynamic and pleasing. As another option, the MiiWorld and a status screen (showing some useful info as friends online, current WiiPoints, etc) could be displayed and managed with the stylus. You could move your Mii quicker by pointing where to go with the DS Stylus.

As for the exclusive DS content, in the same WiiShop you can buy VC games, DS demos would be available. And for free - at least this is what to expect from Nintendo. Also, some minigames featured in the city, as the ones mentioned in part III, would only be able to be played through DSs.

More DS connection in the next part.

VI - Extending online play

Most people dislike friendcodes. Although they may be safe, many complains are heard. Once again, this Mii MMOSG may solve it.

I've already mentioned playing games other than minigames featured in the MiiWorld. The real advantage is that it extends your friendlist to more than random and totally unknown people, as you can defy anyone anywhere, but you can always check the Wii owner profile. I do not need to mention again the buildings dedicated to meeting people willing to play online (which is useful for more than 2 players online games). As the MiiWorld is stored in the Wii memory and played from the server, you can put a Wii disc anytime.

As for your friends list, it could be organized in several groups instead of being just a simple list of names. You could create a group for SSBB players, another one for Mario Kart players, one for people who you just enjoying chatting, etc. You can see how many of them are online, so there is no need to waste time checking buildings.

As for online games that do not feature online multiplayer, but only downloadable content, having the disc inserted would update the WiiShop, and content for this specific game would also be displayed. But this is just an extra.

But the most interesting is that all of the above, except downloadable content for games, also apllies for DS. No need for game friend codes, just look after DS owners, and your DSs will be connected through your Wiis (did it sound right?). This is certainly a major step from the DS friendcodes.

-----------------------------------------

That was it. Thanks for reading, if you did, and thanks for any feedback. I realize it is a long read, but hey, that was a long write too! So, hope you enjoyed.

Yours truly,
Wintry_Flutist

P.S.: Don't quote me.

Update 1: Details about chatting in part II, more interesting examples in part III.
Update 1.5: Update 2 in the works. Check my reply to coonana (and coonana's post as well) page 5 for a preview.
Update 2: New server and communication solutions and in part I and II.
Update 3: Part V added: DS connection.
Update 4: Part VI added: Extending online play.
Update 5: Asking for help.
Update 6: Whole text back.

SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SyluxElite
Member since 2006 • 8950 Posts
 OMFG AWESOME THIS IDEA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wintry_Flutist

Please don't quote me!!!

Sylux, it would be nice if you edited it!

Avatar image for nintendogamer64
nintendogamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 nintendogamer64
Member since 2006 • 4370 Posts
Cool but whats the plot line? Just live ur life?
SyluxElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SyluxElite
Member since 2006 • 8950 Posts

Please don't quote me!!!

Sylux, it would be nice if you edited it!

Wintry_Flutist
sorry its fixed
shrtyscott3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 shrtyscott3
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts
|Sounds alot like Habbo Hotel and to mii (Couldn't help myself) that is a good thing and great idea. I have nothing to contribute but a good job|
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 theweakbear
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts
Cool! I don't know but there could also be advertising from Nintendo about must buy accessories or something. Good Idea Nintendo probably has something planed already though. :(
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Nice concept, as i said to you elsewhere, i think it would be smarter if, nintendo indeed did a Mii MMORPG, that, they impliminted a Mic Voice chat instead of text chat, and also if they dont make a Mii MMORPG, they could, and i hope they would add this, because imo, it would be awesome, putting your Mii into Animal crossing. But otherwise this is one of the best concepts i've seen on the wii board in a while, and one that potentially could work. Great thinking!
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wintry_Flutist

Cool but whats the plot line? Just live ur life?nintendogamer64

Yes.

It's not a real game, but a way to meet and interact with Wii owners around the world, so potentially meeting real people (the social console part), thus making the Wii an appealing console.

tsylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tsylord
Member since 2006 • 1176 Posts
That would be feakin awsome I hope Nintendo will have that idea but i doubt it.
Avatar image for nintendogamer64
nintendogamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nintendogamer64
Member since 2006 • 4370 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendogamer64"]Cool but whats the plot line? Just live ur life?Wintry_Flutist

Yes.

It's not a real game, but a way to meet and interact with Wii owners around the world, so potentially meeting real people (the social console part), thus making the Wii an appealing console.

So you can't like get a job and have to go throught the daily comute......earn money to buy food ect....ect
stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
Great idea!
_AxisofEvil_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 _AxisofEvil_
Member since 2002 • 933 Posts
this has to be 1 of the most original ideas for the wii since the motion sensored idea was proposed.  its like xboxlive but with a real mmorpg sense to it ....think of like playing WoW and each char is ur avatar u can chat or play a game. make the "town" act like the lobby to some games thats freaking awesome i love it dude. great freaking job. send a letter to nintendo its worth the try, really try it.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wintry_Flutist
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

[QUOTE="nintendogamer64"]Cool but whats the plot line? Just live ur life?nintendogamer64

Yes.

So you can't like get a job and have to go throught the daily comute......earn money to buy food ect....ect

No, for a simple reason: I don't want it to be the new World of Warcraft. It has to be simple, and its purpose clear, to attract people.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendogamer64"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

[QUOTE="nintendogamer64"]Cool but whats the plot line? Just live ur life?Wintry_Flutist

Yes.

It's not a real game, but a way to meet and interact with Wii owners around the world, so potentially meeting real people (the social console part), thus making the Wii an appealing console.

No, for a simple reason: I don't want it to be the new World of Warcraft. It has to be simple, and its purpose clear, to attract people.

basically its going to be somewhat like habbo hotel. www.habbohotel.ca
elvato87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 elvato87
Member since 2003 • 540 Posts
it´s a great idea, good job
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Wintry_Flutist

Bumping my masterpiece.

MarkVega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MarkVega
Member since 2004 • 649 Posts
Habbohotel, minus the elitists, minus furniture valuta. Ugh.

It'd be great, just a virtual place to go to and meet people. See if you got the same games, share music, photo's, whatever. I do expect abuse tho, so I hope, if implemented, that Nintendo does something to...

Oh wait. Friend codes! In fact, if all Wii-Gamespotters here share eachother's friend codes, you'd get a nice Mii community.
_AxisofEvil_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 _AxisofEvil_
Member since 2002 • 933 Posts

BUMPBUMP BUMPBUMP

MarkVega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MarkVega
*bumpkick* Make the inane anti-wii posts dissapear!
kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

Forget Animal Crossing. This is what the Wii needs.

And also, please have patience to read it all. (Updates are listed at the bottom of the post)

Very well, I bet you all have been introduced to the Miis, those cute little avatars we'll be able to create thanks to the built in Mii channel. I bet you have also seen those Wii screens with tens, maybe hundreds of Miis walking around, and then organized by gender or name. This picture, of loads of tiny people walking around (and a few other topics, I should admit), inspired me to create a Mii MMORPG concept that I hope you enjoy. I'm accepting all feedback!

First of all, I'd like to share a little of my personal opinion on Wii and its philosophy, since its quite important to understand the concept. Most Nintendo fans have probably followed the whole Wii revelation, since its first appearance as "Revolution", and the revolution itself that Nintendo promised. I'd just like to stress that, at least in my opinion, the true revolution we'll see is not a gameplay one, but a social one. I could talk endlessly about it, but I'll sumarize it in just a few more sentences - as I believe you all got the idea of a easy to pick-and-play, family friendly, and party console that Nintendo has been marketing. Indeed, we may be near a gaming revolution there hasn't been since the NES, in which gaming social and cultural aspects could change wildly, and for the better. It doesn't matter if the gaming market grows, gamers are a very closed group, and the boundary between gamers and non gamers is visible. It's up to the Wii to prove itself as a more social console.

With all that in mind, mainly that Miis are an incredibly clever way to "socialize" the Wii, I came up with a kind of MMORPG that uses the Mii system for three main purposes:

- Make use of the real Mii potential
- Get Wii owners/users closer
- Organize Wii functions

The concept is pretty simple, yet quite rich. Imagine a town, in which all Miis can walk freely. You can enter and exit the town whenever you like. The whole purpose is just to walk around, meet Miis, and see what the town can offer to you. So let's go step by step.

Keep in mind that I have no idea of Wii online capabilities. I'll just assume it's freaking awesome.

I - Meeting Miis

First of all, I realize there are two major problems: while a Mii is supposed to represent a distinct Wii owner/user, every owner is able to create tens of Miis. Secondly, even if just a part of Wii owners create and use a Mii, we're stil talking about millions of Miis. So let's see the solutions.

About the multiple Miis per owner issue, it is not that big of a deal. It's up to the owner if he want to be recognized or not in the virtual town. After all, we all have the right to privacy.

About the enormous quantity of Miis, there are two problem to solve: first, there is just too many Miis, so the city would have to be a true metropolis. While this idea may be charming and appealing (imagine bus stops, train, and all kind of things it would imply), the Wii may just not handle it. Moreover, it would be quite hard to find specific Miis and town locations. So, there should be several towns, all identical, able to handle the same number of Miis, and each one corresponding to a server. A friends list would indicate which of your friends are online and in which server.

The town is basically a bunch of streets, buildings, houses... And Miis. You're free to walk, enter buildings, and interact with other Miis.

II - Interacting with Miis

There is you. And there are other Wiis. What to do next? Interact with them. You just have to walk to a Mii, and press, let's say, the A button, and then choose an option such as "Chat" (supposing Wii will evetually feature a web messenger), "Defy" (to play a game online), etc. The other Mii will then accept or decline your request.

As for chatting, that could be done by text or mic. Nintendo is very creative, and you could see a lot of solutions, as for the Wiimote use to type, voice to text recognition, etc. HUBs would indicate if Miis are busy chatting, or playing online. I realize that part of my concept is pretty tricky.

Creating and describing that whole interface would require a work I'm not able to do, and a time I don't have - I'm already typing all that stuff! But I hope you get the overall idea.

But, how to choose a specific Mii to interact? There are loads of them! First, it would be nice to be able to create a profile, which is good to look for interesting Miis, and also to get attention, if you have an interesting one yourself. Secondly, there are specific places to go. For example, a gaming club. Go there if you want to play online, or chat about gaming, go there, and you'll find other Miis also willing to. The club itself could be divided in different sections, for chatting, and playing. In the same fashion, there would be theaters, plazas, graveyards, and anything you can think about, for different interests. You could analogically compared each building to a board, and you create topics by interacting with other Miss.

III - Some other buildings functionalities and examples

Those board-buildings could be more than just a place to meet Miis sharing your interests. Some WiiChannels could have a "shortcut" in the town. For example, you could go to the theater to watch the latest game trailers, and to a shop to buy stuff with WiiPoints, after asking some Miis what's worth your points. Also, to prevent any disturbance, buildings should be moderated (by cop-looking Miis?). After all, TOS RULES APPLY.

Now let's imagine some more specific buildings than board-buildings. For example, a tennis court. You can go there and look for Miis to play tennis, WiiSports style. Or, while waiting, or f you have no life, you can just go and watch Miis playing. Same for bowling, or some temporarily free oldschool games (for virtual console publicity).

IV - Expanding the MiiWorld

The town, obviously, could be updated and upgraded by Nintendo. But you can do your part too! Everything listed above isn't enough for you? You want to be more popular among the Miis, get more attention, and become as cool as it get? Well, if you let Nintendo milk you, you could use WiiPoints to buy your house, and buy stuff to customize it. Miis will be able to visit you (of course you can "lock" your house if you will), know about you (or your online alter-ego) and realize you exist.

-----------------------------------------

That was it. Thanks for reading, if you did, and thanks for any feedback. I realize it is a long read, but hey, that was a long write too! So, hoped you enjoyed.

Yours truly,
Wintry_Flutist

P.S.: Don't quote me.

Update 1: Details about chatting in part II, more interesting examples in part III.

Wintry_Flutist
thats nice
darth_paki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 darth_paki
Member since 2005 • 1445 Posts
That's actually a really good idea Wintry, good job. Your whole concept is brilliant, but then again, I am very fond of the whole Mii MMORPG no matter what it consists of. Good read though, by the way you are extremely formal to the point where it scares me - in a good way. :wink:
ShaneBeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 ShaneBeck
Member since 2005 • 10511 Posts

Another brilliant idea from everyone's favourite flutist:)... This and your 'DS download novel' idea have to become a reality, for if they don't, I will combust at the sheer ignorance of Nintendo.

M_Scar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 M_Scar
Member since 2006 • 422 Posts
It's a great idea,but i don't think Wii's web is gonna' be that good.
hohothemanly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hohothemanly
Member since 2006 • 87 Posts
well as much as I like MMORPG's this probbly won't happen.
I like it but.. theres a few problems.
1) Wii sports won't be online. and the problem is that its a disc so it can't be updated.

oh course there are ways they could do this.
1) I suppose that they could make a VC game download for this game.( I read somewhere I think that they said would make some games only availible on the VC.)

typing is always a problem of course but they could, or a third-party anyway, make a key board and that would be wireless and would connect I guess alike the wii-mote

but good job on thinking of it

MarkVega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MarkVega
Wii's Web. World Wide Wii Web... WWWW....

OMG

So anyway, who knows how Nintendo works. People who know their stuff already figured that Nintendo already have experience with networking and such. (ever since the Famicom). It might be something so new, we won't even understand or might even hate it...

All the while it'll be the new standard. This Mii Massive Online Social Playing Game on the Word Wide Wii Web (MMOSPG on the WWWW) could be a great step towards that goal.
Avatar image for mrbigbiscuitman
mrbigbiscuitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mrbigbiscuitman
Member since 2003 • 2529 Posts
FANTASTIC idea!  i dont think chatting with text would work out though, id much rather use a mic.  i think it would be cool if the map was more like a happy village type place than a city.  it would be sweet if you could like marry other Miis and have little Mii babies hahaha.  you could tell you sims to do crazy stuff.  strive to be the most popular Mii around.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Wintry_Flutist

well as much as I like MMORPG's this probbly won't happen.
I like it but.. theres a few problems.
1) Wii sports won't be online. and the problem is that its a disc so it can't be updated.

oh course there are ways they could do this.
1) I suppose that they could make a VC game download for this game.( I read somewhere I think that they said would make some games only availible on the VC.)

typing is always a problem of course but they could, or a third-party anyway, make a key board and that would be wireless and would connect I guess alike the wii-mote

but good job on thinking of it

hohothemanly

When I mentioned WiiSports, I didn't mean the game in itself. It was a reference of what kind of minigames would be offered in town.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wintry_Flutist
Bump. :(
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
Interesting.
amtentori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 amtentori
Member since 2003 • 1911 Posts
mmorpg like habbo hotel and coke music and runescape are vry popular with casual gamers and especially girls...
if  nintendo doesnt do something like that with the miis it would be very stupid indeed.... wii has a lot of potential...but nintendo has a way of always slightly dissapointing and doing just enough just to get by.
coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 coonana
Member since 2003 • 5909 Posts

OMG my mind is bursting with ideas. OK

So the idea with things like Wii Sports, WiiParade, all those Mii oriented games. You can play them in this world. How may you ask. If you have these games this Mii MMORPH will recognize it and this game will give you VIP passes to certain areas if you have these games. Please tell me if you like this idea because I am loving it.

So this game will be sold on retail but part of the game will have to be bought off of Connect24. This solves the problem of a really long game.

Next you say they would have different servers for the same city. I say BS on that. This game requires graphics that are as basic as the N64. If PS2 can handle GTA than the Wii can handle this. Cities can have a capacity limit that I doubt will ever be reached. Once it hits that limit it starts to lag. The mods will start asking people to leave the city. They could make the capacity so big it would never be breached.

Next the DS has written all over it. While Nintendo does not have mics out yet it has the DS. The DS can function as a mic and a keyboard chat. Mind you, the voice chat only works among friends and the specific person you are talking to. The voice chat has a side forum that it appears on the DS and the TV screen. You can also send a specific message to people. The DS has other uses like DS stations in the game. ANother VIP pass would to have your DS connected to the Wii while playing. 

There will be more and more to do as time goes on. Hopefully they will make Rural Urban and Suburban areas. It should get really advanced.

Also there are two types of currecy. There is the Wii points to buy real things. But there is also in game money that is not as valuable as Wii points but works nonetheless. You can buy everything with the Wii Points, but not everything with in-game money. Hopefully there will be good methods of getting in game money like sports tournaments and things like that.

There has to be mods in the game. They can appear as Mayors, police men, and things like that. First off the Nintendo employess will moniter it but eventually they will get high ranking Mii people to do it.

Oh ya I got a great idea. The best way to solve the lagging in cities is by making the city a web for all other things. In other words if you want to go into your VIP Tennis Club you go into a seperate server. This is for everything the theatre, the bars, the billiaboard areas. Everything links up into a seperate server to the City itself there is not much going on.

There should be some cities that are messed up. Sin City in other words. These cities if your parents put a setting so you can only go into the Nintendo Monitered Areas. These other cities will have mods. Now you basically can do whatever you want in this city but you can get arrested and when you do there are consequences.

There are more ideas I have but these are just some I love this I dea and Topic Starter I will be PMing you. I want to start a campaign to let Nintendo know we want this game. I hope you will help.

15th_archangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 15th_archangel
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts
I love it...too much...

I would totally become addicted like I was to FFXI for a while...I stopped doing homework, skipped work a few times, and otherwise lived my life inside a game for several months...

I totally love the idea and would be first in line to try something like this out...but I am afraid of what will happen to me...lol
came-run

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 came-run
Member since 2006 • 1652 Posts
this is great@!!!!
Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts

Very interesting idea. I hope Nintendo does something like this.

I think there's only tiny mistake in your post though...

There is you. And there are other Wiis. What to do next? Interact with them. You just have to walk to a Mii, and press, let's say, the A button, and then choose an option such as "Chat" (supposing Wii will evetually feature a web messenger), "Defy" (to play a game online), etc. The other Mii will then accept or decline your request.

I think it should be "And there are other Miis."... but, if that's not a mistake, then... never mind. >.>

Tim_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 Tim_Q
Member since 2005 • 1963 Posts

Hmm, sounds a lot like Furcadia, another MMOSG (mmo social game)

Could work.  A few months back, someone proposed the idea for a hide and seek game.  This would be a great way to blend that into this.  I'm totally loving this idea.

However, the catch would have to be, it comes free wiht the wii and is already built inside it.  That's the only way nearly everyone Wii owner will play it.

fitzokoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 fitzokoli
Member since 2005 • 3236 Posts
Very interesting idea Wintry, pretty nice....If it were ever made i'm pretty sure something like this would be very addicting :) I was addicted to Ac:ww for months not to talk about a game like this :D
Altair29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Altair29
Member since 2006 • 45 Posts
I agree with this idea being AWESOME!!! I have been thinking about this for ever!!!
fitzokoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 fitzokoli
Member since 2005 • 3236 Posts

So the idea with things like Wii Sports, WiiParade, all those Mii oriented games. You can play them in this world. How may you ask. If you have these games this Mii MMORPH will recognize it and this game will give you VIP passes to certain areas if you have these games. Please tell me if you like this idea because I am loving it.

So this game will be sold on retail but part of the game will have to be bought off of Connect24. This solves the problem of a really long game.

Next you say they would have different servers for the same city. I say BS on that. This game requires graphics that are as basic as the N64. If PS2 can handle GTA than the Wii can handle this. Cities can have a capacity limit that I doubt will ever be reached. Once it hits that limit it starts to lag. The mods will start asking people to leave the city. They could make the capacity so big it would never be breached.

Next the DS has written all over it. While Nintendo does not have mics out yet it has the DS. The DS can function as a mic and a keyboard chat. Mind you, the voice chat only works among friends and the specific person you are talking to. The voice chat has a side forum that it appears on the DS and the TV screen. You can also send a specific message to people. The DS has other uses like DS stations in the game. ANother VIP pass would to have your DS connected to the Wii while playing. 

There will be more and more to do as time goes on. Hopefully they will make Rural Urban and Suburban areas. It should get really advanced.

Also there are two types of currency. There is the Wii points to buy real things. But there is also in game money that is not as valuable as Wii points but works nonetheless. You can buy everything with the Wii Points, but not everything with in-game money. Hopefully there will be good methods of getting in game money like sports tournaments and things like that.

There has to be mods in the game. They can appear as Mayors, police men, and things like that. First off the Nintendo employess will moniter it but eventually they will get high ranking Mii people to do it.

Oh ya I got a great idea. The best way to solve the lagging in cities is by making the city a web for all other things. In other words if you want to go into your VIP Tennis Club you go into a seperate server. This is for everything the theatre, the bars, the billiaboard areas. Everything links up into a seperate server to the City itself there is not much going on.

There should be some cities that are messed up. Sin City in other words. These cities if your parents put a setting so you can only go into the Nintendo Monitered Areas. These other cities will have mods. Now you basically can do whatever you want in this city but you can get arrested and when you do there are consequences.

There are more ideas I have but these are just some I love this I dea and Topic Starter I will be PMing you. I want to start a campaign to let Nintendo know we want this game. I hope you will help.

coonana

Hmm, you might be onto something, i like the ideas you brought up especially the ones i underlined :) ...Yeah games like this dont require the best graphics in the world, simple graphics will do...Overall, great add-on to wintry's concept....I should be coming up with a couple ideas to add on soon :D

Rockinplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Rockinplayer
Member since 2006 • 264 Posts
Man its a very good idea work on it. :D
Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Happy_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 4895 Posts
Awesome idea!

You should work for Nintendo.

xeidog69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 xeidog69
Member since 2005 • 1463 Posts
Yes , Yes, YES!!! excellent idea , this is definately something they should do, make it sorta like a huge animal crossing town only with miss, maybe even be able to sit next to a river and fish with your friends and chat etc.. excellent idea, would definately be the best online chatroom /game ever, I would definately like that on the wii.. we can only hope..
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Wintry_Flutist

Also there are two types of currecy. There is the Wii points to buy real things. But there is also in game money that is not as valuable as Wii points but works nonetheless. You can buy everything with the Wii Points, but not everything with in-game money. Hopefully there will be good methods of getting in game money like sports tournaments and things like that.

coonana

Some really great thoughts there, I'll update my first post later today! Now let's reply:

Fist, yes, a single city would be way more appealing. Your idea, to have a server for the city, and other severs for the buildings, is pretty clever. What I was really worried about is the size of the city, I didn't want it to be too large. But now it comes to my mind that every basic function of the MiiWorld (watching trailers, buy stuff in shops, chatting, etc) can be done directly from the Wii startup menu, so, if someones enter the city, he has some time to waste walking from one location to other. After all, the Wii is able to stay connected online 24/7, so we could be talking about hundreds of thousands Miis in the city (Miis could be automatically deconnected after some time of inactivity, though)

My second worry about the city is that there would be people speaking too many different languages. Several cities would be needed, for different languages. But I have a simple solution. In your profile, you set the languages you speak. HUBs would indicate with which Miis around you you would be able to communicate, according to your profile. Buildings for specific languagesare also a welcome possibility.

And you made me realize one thing - the disc. I never thought about it, but I originally wanted the city to be accessed with no disc, but just by connecting the Wii to WiiConnect24. That way, if you defy some other Mii to play a WiFi game, you can always insert the game disc, if it isn't already inserted.

When you talk about the game money, let me remind you: the whole purpose is to connect Wii owners. I don't want it to have anykind of sidequest. The focus of such software is clear, and I want to keep it simple. Meet Miis and have fun with them, chatting or playing.

We can discuss DS connection and other features deeper anytime. PM me, and send me your MSN if you have and will. I don't have much free time this end of year, but I'll be there.

addonai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 addonai
Member since 2005 • 249 Posts

It's a great idea but i dont think Nntendo will go for it.

It goes completely against their ideas of friends codes etc. They're supposed to protect young children but in this game anyone can talk to anywaone and they wont like that.

jmac777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jmac777
Member since 2004 • 1523 Posts
Dont forget a Lvling System...and have it so that you can buy addition gear for your Mii that NIntendo didnt include in the Console itself.. Have like Different Quests and different weapons and armor
NintenAlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NintenAlive
Member since 2005 • 1174 Posts

Dont forget a Lvling System...and have it so that you can buy addition gear for your Mii that NIntendo didnt include in the Console itself.. Have like Different Quests and different weapons and armorjmac777

weapons and armor? i thought this game was about living in a city and socializing with other nintend fans...

Cubb7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cubb7
Member since 2002 • 522 Posts
your idea is awesome. You should work for nintendo!!
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Wintry_Flutist
Updated.
coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 coonana
[QUOTE="coonana"]

Wintry_Flutist

Some really great thoughts there, I'll update my first post later today! Now let's reply:

Fist, yes, a single city would be way more appealing. Your idea, to have a server for the city, and other severs for the buildings, is pretty clever. What I was really worried about is the size of the city, I didn't want it to be too large. But now it comes to my mind that every basic function of the MiiWorld (watching trailers, buy stuff in shops, chatting, etc) can be done directly from the Wii startup menu, so, if someones enter the city, he has some time to waste walking from one location to other. After all, the Wii is able to stay connected online 24/7, so we could be talking about hundreds of thousands Miis in the city (Miis could be automatically deconnected after some time of inactivity, though)

My second worry about the city is that there would be people speaking too many different languages. Several cities would be needed, for different languages. But I have a simple solution. In your profile, you set the languages you speak. HUBs would indicate with which Miis around you you would be able to communicate, according to your profile. Buildings for specific languagesare also a welcome possibility.

And you made me realize one thing - the disc. I never thought about it, but I originally wanted the city to be accessed with no disc, but just by connecting the Wii to WiiConnect24. That way, if you defy some other Mii to play a WiFi game, you can always insert the game disc, if it isn't already inserted.

When you talk about the game money, let me remind you: the whole purpose is to connect Wii owners. I don't want it to have anykind of sidequest. The focus of such software is clear, and I want to keep it simple. Meet Miis and have fun with them, chatting or playing.

We can discuss DS connection and other features deeper anytime. PM me, and send me your MSN if you have and will. I don't have much free time this end of year, but I'll be there.

I have more solutions.

If you seperate the inside building functions into a different servers then you will seriously downgrade the capacity of the city. But lets say everyone for some random reason wanted to be out in the city which has no point if you dont use the builings. They can start asking people to leave and they can find the people who are not following TOS rules and boot them from the city.

The region difference and therefore the language difference has two solutions. 1) being that real cities esp in the US have huge cultural diversity it would be cool to have these different cultures binding. But there would be overcrowding from the entire world using this (because this game would have unparralled success). SO this goes to my next 2) where there are main cities for each region so the game in essence is region seperated but people of other languages can go to other region marked cities, they just have to be warned that this is a different region. But there are other cities that dont have region marking so everyone can go here. Usually things like this are rarely used.

Next you mentioned Connect24 which makes it so you are always on. Well mods (police) will send you back to your apartment or house. If you constantly are caught loitering the streets or sleeping on benches you will get in trouble. Or they can make it so your Mii automatically starts moning to your house if you did not control it to go there. Once you turn off your Wii and thr MIi is still on the street it will know to go back to its house.

I said there should be in-game money so you have some stuff to do. The game has to have activities or it will not be used much by Wii owners. It would be cool at first but if there is no way to get into VIP Tennis, Bowling, Boxing, Baseball, Billiard, and much more than people will stop. ALso for in game money you could gain enough to buy a suburb or move out to a rural area.

I think that Wii sports and all those other games would compliment this game if they were able to be shared with others. It makes these games online enabled and it is so easy to do.  

ALso there can be two options. 1) because some kids cannot use credit cards or the Wiipoints they need to buy it with cash. SO they buy the disc and this enables you to get the game off Connect24. ALso it will help the game get famous. 2) you can also buy the entire game off Connect24 but you need acces to Wiipoints.

The DS opens a whole ew dimension to the game.

Also for the Wii orchestra there can be concerts where people have them and you can go to them. There should be some reward for going or playing in them. Another SWEET idea would be IF and only if Guitar hero came to Wii OMG. Then there could be awsome concerts.

Another idea would be to have teams, clubs, and roomates. Teams would involve people who play sports in the game can play against others. Clubs could involve theatre, musical concerts (which goes into a whole other group, bands), art, and much more in those types of activities. Roomates would be sharing rooms with others in presiding buildings.

I want to get this out to the Nintendo.com forums along with IGN and other major community forums. I need help though. We need to get this to NIntendo. I will go crazy if this idea dies without them noticing.

coonana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 coonana

I have more ideas!

For your friends you can have an adress book at your house. You can write in their house adress, profile info, telephone number (yes there should be a telephone number but not in the way your thinking. You can contact people through their universal Wii FC one fc that is, by putting in ther Mii name and it will get a number of listings).

Also you talk about how many Miis you can have for a profile. I say to keep it simple and easy in the long run, one Mii per profile. Lets be realsitic here this game would be hard enough as it is to make.

Also for theatres you could have old Mario TV shows. Like Super Mario bros. They could show it twice a week and you would go into a dark theatre and watch it. You werent sure about in-game money. SO you could either use in-game money or it is free.