Mario Tennis Open Online Multiplayer Questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

My wonderful children gave me Mario Tennis Open for Father's Day yesterday and while it is a fun game I am not sure I understand how the online multiplayer works. I am not the most technologically prone person around but when I play Mariokart 7 online I automatically get set up with opponents. When I tried to go online with Mario Tennis Open I had to create a room and then sat around waiting for a few minutes but was never matched up with anyone. Is there not a huge online audience for the game or can you only play against people on your friend's list or how does it work?

LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LJChronx
Member since 2003 • 954 Posts

I cant answer your question, cuz I dont have the game. However, go over to gamefaqs.com (gamespot's sister site) and there will be an individual forum dedicated to the game, instead of a general 3DS forum. Someone will be able to answer your question over there.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
You set up a match with friends thats why. Meaning only your friends would be able to join your match. There are to options when you sign on to the network: Exhibition Match and Open Match. Exhibition Match is with friends only and you create a lobby. If you want random matchmaking you need to select Open Match.
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Awesome. Thanks for the help.

Siteofthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Siteofthor
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I just got Mario Tennis as well for the 3DS. Is there a way to play cooperatively with a friend against CPU's or other players in the Online/Internet multiplayer portion of the game? I am not seeing the option. Site