Madden 07 help :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

andyrulesliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 andyrulesliver
Member since 2005 • 436 Posts

really love this game. but im really stuck on player positions and play moves. can anybody help me on this. I live in the UK and have never watched or played the sport. Any help would be great and also any other useful help would be good.

nintendogamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nintendogamer6
Member since 2006 • 1772 Posts

It might be a little hard to explain over the inter net but ill try

ok umm so when you on offence threes 11 players on the feild

O (reciver)                         00000 ..........ok this is hopeless

andyrulesliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 andyrulesliver
thanks anyway ^^
Smogtoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Smogtoe
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts
go...better start with the basics.  The QB naturally passes the ball, and of course can run with it too.  The Running back, self explanatory.  The receivers pretty much self explanatory too.  Tight end, can be a receiver, and does block some for the QB.  Offensive linemen protect the QB, usually consist of 4 guys lined up along the scrimmage line.  The Defense linemen, line up opposite the scrimmage line and are the guys that are trying to penetrate the O-line guys to get to the QB by pushing the O line guys out of the way, etc.  The Linebackers stand usually spread out a bit behind the linemen on defense, and they can either be coverage during a pass or can blitz the QB.  The object of blitzing the QB I see you have jumped on two topics with this one.......As far as positions involves one or more guys getting passed the blockers, O-line guys and/or RB, and TE to get to the QB before he either throws the ball or hands it off to the RB; or the QB runs it himself.  Now to make things even more complicated, the offense on the field only has in excess of 4 downs to get the ball either to the next 1st down marker or in the end zone for a touchdown.  If the offense does not cross the 1st down marker within the 4 downs, the ball is turned over to the opposing teams offense.  Usually, depending on where the offense is on the field (the closer to the end-zone of the other team the better), You only have three downs.  Meaning if you don't complete the 3rd down to get the first down, you have to punt the ball to save field position.  You can however, do what is called going for it on 4th down.  It is risky doing so however, especially if you are not close to the other teams end-zone; you could easily turn the ball over to the other team by not getting the first down.  So in a nut shell, you gain as many yards you can per down, and continually convert 3rd downs to avoid being faced with 4th down in your territory.  The game is basically a battle for field position until someone is able to score.  Now in reference also to the 3rd down, and 4th down situation, you can if you are in range say (50 or less yards to the uprights), kick a field goal for 3 points on any given drive that stalls on 4th down ( that is if you are close enough to do so)  If you don't make the kick from that point the ball is turned over to the other teams offense.  After a team scores, either by touchdown, or by a field goal; the ball is then long kicked from one side of the field to the other, and the receiving team then trys to run the ball down the field.  The defenses job is to tackle the player with the ball, swat down passes, intercept the ball by catching it causing a turnover, and of course causing a fumble; which enables either team the opportunity to pick it up and take possession.  So basically, try to get first downs, and score; if you don't then either punt or kick field goals.  On defense try to tackle the QB or RB or WR(wide receivers), cause fumbles, intercept, and/or swat the ball down.  Cause turnovers.  Defense is what really makes the win.  Anyone should be able to score, but the toughest part of the game is keeping the opposing team from doing the same thing by using strong defensive schemes.  Hope this helps a little more, any more questions just PM me.   Laters 8)
Smogtoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Smogtoe
a couple of the sentences got ran into each other sorry.....
andyrulesliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 andyrulesliver
  Laters 8)Smogtoe
THANKS YOU SO MUCH, THAT HELPPED ME OUT ALOT! :D
Smogtoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Smogtoe
a couple of the sentences got ran into each other sorry.....Smogtoe

The sentnence that talks about blitzing the QB, and then says I see you did two topics on this or something like that  were not suppose to be together so sorry.....It was suppose to say Blitzing the QB involves defensive players getting past the O-line guys to get to the QB.........:oops:
Smogtoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Smogtoe
[QUOTE="Smogtoe"] Laters 8)andyrulesliver
THANKS YOU SO MUCH, THAT HELPPED ME OUT ALOT! :D

What can I say I love Football, and I'm glad to help someone understand it better....Have fun and God bless..
nintendogamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nintendogamer6
Member since 2006 • 1772 Posts

Oh and since you've just started and you don't really know what plays you should call I what time

I suggest just pressing Z and Madden (the announcer) will give you a good suggestion

jestik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jestik
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I'm another football lover and my friends tell me that I'm impossible to score against in Madden 07. So I'm gonna give you some tips to playing defense. The best way to get the ball back from other team is to matchup with the offence. Instead of picking a defensive play before the offence picks their play, you can wait about five seconds and you'll see what kind of personel the offence sends out on the field. If they send out 4-5 WR, then odds are they're going to pass. In this case you'll want to play a Nickle defence(5 defensive backs), or a Dime defence(6 defensive backs) so you can have faster players on the field to matchup with their WRs. Just be careful... the offence might be setting you up for a run.
If the offense is sending out 2 RBs, 2 TEs and 1WR... or 2RBs, 1TE and 2 WRs. You'll want to play your base defense (4-3 for most teams, 3-4 for some) or a bigger package. The principal behind this is to match up with their personel.
You can also blitz your Linebackers. The principal behind blitzing Linebackers is to have more pass rushers than the offense has linemen. This makes it easier for the defence to get to the QB. There are different ways to being successful in blitzing the QB. One is the obvious, tackling the QB. Second, making the QB throw the ball away... wasting a Down. Lastly, and my favorite, you can disrupt the QBs tempo. In other words, you force him to throw the ball before he wants to. This is how you cause interceptions. Blitzing is a gamble and is more successful when you have good Cornerbacks to defend the WRs.
You can also do some pre-snap adjustments. These will help you out the most. To do this you have to highlight the opposing QB before he snaps the ball (I highlight him as he's walking to the line). When the menu appears, hit "Z". Another menu opens up and from here you can choose to Matchup, Fall back, Play tight, or (my favorite) Show Blitz.
There are a LOT more strategies we can discuss. The basic idea on defense to defend the Run when you think the offence is going to run... and the same goes for the defending the pass. Pay attention to the Down and the Yards left for a 1st Down. You don't want to play a Base 4-3 if the situation is 3rd and 25 even if the offense has 2RBs. The situation plays a big part in Defensive Schemes. I love football strategies!
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
HERE

That'll explain everything
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts

really love this game. but im really stuck on player positions and play moves. can anybody help me on this. I live in the UK and have never watched or played the sport. Any help would be great and also any other useful help would be good.

andyrulesliver

Heres somthing that would be ideal for a catch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2ikUyrOhkg What was going on #4 the player who cagght it is a Wide Reciver WR in Madden #21 is a Defender who tries to Intercept or catch  the ball and bring it bring back the way it the way it came.

Heres a bad hold- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zvk4ekM9bY As you can see the ball #8 Drops the ball. Which is a fumble and any body who has the ball can fumble if they drop it. Now he did try to score a touch down but failed.

Heres a Field goal-  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iBrQoT7nTM So #3 tries to kick it through the goal posts to get 3 points. Which you want to do on 4th down most of the time Field goals FG are worth 3 points. And XP are done after touchdowns and are worth 1 point. XP are taken from the 2 yard line.

Heres a good interception- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x8FU5HqHwo As you can #19 on the defense catchs the ball and Goes into his endzone. Like soccer when the Offense turns it over the Defense becomes the Offense and Vice versa

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StarFoxCOM

andyrulesliver

Heres somthing that would be ideal for a catch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2ikUyrOhkg What was going on #4 the player who cagght it is a Wide Reciver WR in Madden #21 is a Defender who tries to Intercept or catch  the ball and bring it bring back the way it the way it came.

Heres a bad hold- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zvk4ekM9bY As you can see the ball #8 Drops the ball. Which is a fumble and any body who has the ball can fumble if they drop it. Now he did try to score a touch down but failed.

Heres a Field goal-  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iBrQoT7nTM So #3 tries to kick it through the goal posts to get 3 points. Which you want to do on 4th down most of the time Field goals FG are worth 3 points. And XP are done after touchdowns and are worth 1 point. XP are taken from the 2 yard line.

Heres a good interception- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x8FU5HqHwo As you can #19 on the defense catchs the ball and Goes into his endzone. Like soccer when the Offense turns it over the Defense becomes the Offense and Vice versa

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StarFoxCOM
Bump