Kingdom Hearts 3 Wii Exclusive? (RUMOR)

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#101 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
What a HUGE dissapointment for me i hated KH although i olny played the first one i was hping for a sequel to Super Mario RPG or A sequel to EarthBound
evrdayblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#102 evrdayblues
Member since 2005 • 512 Posts

Did the March edition of Nintendo Power even come out?

it's still February...

bondfish11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 bondfish11
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts

fake

kingdom hearts 1 and 2 have been on playstation

why would it be changed to wii it wiill either be wii and ps3 or just ps3 exclusive

Decacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 Decacon
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts

it's still February...

Well for those that don't get tons of magazines, you might not know, that magazines are usually released a month before the actual month that it says on the cover. I'm not sure why, but its true. I had Game Informers january 2008 before christmas. So there is a possibility that the march nintendo power is out, but still no scans? and its a little early in the month..

evrdayblues
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

fake

why would it be changed to wii it wiill either be wii and ps3 or just ps3 exclusive

bondfish11

Of course that dude's post is fake, but Kingdom Hearts going to the Wii is perfectly possible and logic. The Wii's characteristics fit a franchise like Kingdom Hearts the same way the Playstation worked for Final Fantasy VII better than the Nintendo 64.

Decacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Decacon
what the hell? that happened backwards? everytime I try to quote someone something wierd happens... >.>
evrdayblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#107 evrdayblues
Member since 2005 • 512 Posts

Ya that Scared me!

ahhh!

lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts

it's still February...

evrdayblues
Issues are labeled march to sell in Feb though...
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#109 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

fake

bondfish11

Just because KH1 and 2 were on PS2 doesnt matter, like someone before me said, FF started on nintendo platforms and moved onto sony platformers, the same can happen here.
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts
I dont really understand why it would be on the Wii....KH1 and 2 were on the Playstation....Vexx88

fake

bondfish11

Fatal Frame and Monster Hunter series are being moved exclusive to Wii, when before they were on other platforms

I don't see any reason why Kingdom Hearts can't do the same, especially seeing as the Wii userbase is still rapidly increasing.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#111 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

it's still February...

evrdayblues
The March issue should be in arrive in the mail by the 15th, and the issues usually arrive one month ahead of the month that is on the cover, before this year Nintendo Power used to to come two months before but this year the Holiday issue changed that because it added a 13th month instead of just 12 months.
Avatar image for POkemonfreak101
POkemonfreak101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#112 POkemonfreak101
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts

hmm... isn`t to early for this guy/gal to have his nintendopower of march??? fake..

if is true.. (which i really doubt)...

I`m guess i`ll get myself to TRU next week and grab a issue myself....

FFIV.. in a magazine.. and noone has post anything about it.. and GS still do not have an official page for Fatal Frame 4.. yea.. this is soooooooo fake (wish i were wrong)

chang_1910
you might be
vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

´Kingdom Hearts III´ will be exclusive to Wii, according to N4G forum user Astro, who is citing the March issue of Nintendo Power. In his post, he sums up the alleged article:

- Kingdom hearts 3 Wii exclusive, developed and published by square-enix.
- Tetsuya Nomura is the game director.
- Yoko Shimomura composer.
- Direct sequel to KH3, but also will reveal interesting things about chains of memories.
- Sora main character, a new misterious girls is also one of the main characters
- combat system vastly improved, every attack looks "sick", uses Wii-Remote in a very intuitive way
- Best looking Wii game, uses normal mapping far more than Konami's dewey's adventure, the animations are incredible and the art directon is a little less "kiddie"
- Winter 2008 release.

There are no scans of the article and there are no other reports concerning the particular magazine issue. For the moment, the story is as credible as the original poster. Although he joined in November, he has started only two threads on N4G, the first one being about ´God of War´ for PlayStation3.

His recent comments betray him as both a spammer and blatant anti-Sony fanboy, though. This greatly damages his credibility, for sure.

Since October, Nintendo Power is published by Future US, who I am currently trying to contact. Rest assured that I will update the story within the next few hours.

EDIT I was just able to reach the publisher´s New York office, where the advertising people are based. They did refer me back to the editorial staff in San Francisco - who are not yet in the office - but the colleague could not find any such story flicking through the March issue.

It seems very likely that this story is bogus. I will update again once I have final confirmation from the editorial staff.

EDIT The publisher´s editorial director just sent me a couple of mails clearly stating that the March issue makes no mention of ´Kingdom Hearts III´ whatsoever. The story is completely bogus, I am afraid.
nintendo-revolution

You have your answer people

here's the link

http://nintendo-revolution.blogspot.com/2008/02/kingdom-hearts-iii-exclusive-to-wii.html

Decacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Decacon
Hmmm.... well then.. That user Astro sure did cause a big upset. I guess we can all go about out lives now, devoid of anticipation for KH3 on the wii.. /cry
cayne_phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#115 cayne_phoenix
Member since 2002 • 2440 Posts

Hmmm.... well then.. That user Astro sure did cause a big upset. I guess we can all go about out lives now, devoid of anticipation for KH3 on the wii.. /cryDecacon

may this thread R.I.P.
now we can close it knowing the truth...

Ezero_De_Milo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Ezero_De_Milo
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts

Hope its fake. I'm really holding out for Skies of Arcadia II._BlueDuck_

No. I don't want a sequal for 3 reasons:

1) Chances are 9/10 that it won't be the same voice actors, despite the fact that last game, they rarely talked. Still though, new voices almost always kill it.

2) What would they go on exactly? The story has ended, and the ending left very little room for exploration, unless you were to go off of Vyse's immediate departure. But where would we explore? We've explored every inch of Arcadia in the last game (or most of it, for those who didn't go for 100% and the secret battle). The only "new" places that would open up would be the reconstructed Valua and Nasaar. Other than those two places, there's really no other places for exploration. What would be the main driving points of the story? Who would be the villain? (Would Ramirez or Galcian make some unexpected but incredibly clichè re-appearence?)

3) Because of #2, I'd be afraid of them trying to pull a Final Fantasy and making some completely random new story with a new cast. I'm sorry, but I loved Skies of Arcadia too much, and as dorky as it sounds, I found myself getting close to all of the characters in the story. To make a new one that breaks away from the main ideas, places, and characters is silly. It only works for Final Fantasy because they go off completely new worlds in each one. For Skies of Arcadia, well I'm sorry, but it's not Arcadia if it's a completely new world. And to make a completely "new" Arcadia would also be silly, because honestly, why waste the time and effort to make this remarkable, beautiful place, if you're going to throw it aside and make another one?

The only thing I really can see them going off of is Ramirez's arrival there, and it really would be interesting to go through his story more in depth, and really watch his progression. Although, again, Skies of Arcadia already covered that one a bit already in Skies of Arcadia: Legends, if you went through and finished the Moonfish quest.

I dunno, I just really don't want a sequal. I really don't mind fanfics, because they do less to ruin the illusion most of the time, but games can ruin it in an instance.

-----

Now that I've gone off that, about the topic at hand. Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii may or may not happen. We may/may not have confirmation from Nintendo Power (which it's obvious we DON'T). But in all honesty though, I would like to see a Kingdom Hearts game for the Wii, simply because of how unique they could make the functions of the WiiMote for it.

I read something earlier in the topic about how it's bad because not every fan owns a Wii. Well, honestly, not every fan owns a PS3, XBox360, DS, PSP, GBA, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Dreamcast, etc... So if you're looking at it in that aspect, it's a bad move to release it on any system, even a PC (Since not every fan owns a PC either!).

However, I doubt game companies really look at that, even Square. Otherwise, we'd be seeing it released on the PS2, as well as the other KH games being released on the PSP and DS. Not to mention, we'd be seeing Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, and Kingdom Hearts Final Mix II+ being released in the US as well, since many Kingdom Hearts fans (if not all) have been drooling over getting the chance to play the Chain of Memories remake.

Besides, since when has anyone in the gaming industries really catered to what the fans really want, instead of what kind of profit they could make?