Is there a reason why Goldeneye for the Wii looks like a pre gamecube game?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 0

#51 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

The first screen is Golden eye 007 for Wii. The last two are Golden eye rogue agent for the GCN.

I couldn't find any splitscreen shots of Goldeneye Wii, but you should know how disgustingly ugly it looks if you played it.

RECON64bit
I just rented some weeks ago and don't remember the game looking bad at all. Is not the Conduit nor MP3 for FP views but it looks even better that CoD MWR to me. I still have to see Black Opes but I don't really expect such a big leap In any case, saying it looks like a N64 game is absurd. Even like a GC game. I still had some of my GC games, including MoH, Cod and 007:Nightfire, and none looked near GoldenEye
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

Is there a reason why you have no idea what you're talking about yet you're in here trying to pretend like you do? it's just embarassing for those of us with eyes and the intelligence necessary to recognize that that the game is very pretty and aesthetically pleasing. Play the campaign, get a clue, and quit wasting our time with negative and uninformed BS.

punchacku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 punchacku
Member since 2003 • 278 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="punchacku"]

If graphics decided whether or not games were good...........i would not play video games at all. Case and point mario galaxy 2.....rated a 10 by most critics and has no realism, sex or violence.....hardcore gamers are in it for the challenge and the fun/entertainment value....not the other way around grow up. No ps3 or 360 game has achieved any such thing so your complaint holds no water. Gaming is about gameplay.....not graphics.

Good graphics improve a game. This is a fact. Mario Galaxy 2 is probably the best looking game on Wii, so don't know where you are going with that example.

Simple its not nearly as detailed as cod, uncharted, or any other game with that score. Yet it still sold great and many people love it. Its way more important that the game is smooth and fun rather than nice to look at.
gashoe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#54 gashoe13
Member since 2007 • 511 Posts

@RECON64bit Uhh... dude

The graphics look fine. Great, even. Seriously. Have you even played the game? The game looks perfectly fine! In fact, they have some of the best graphics on the Wii! The lighting, the glass effects, the bullets, the enemy skins and the rain and the motion blur and such all look great.

For instance....

Goldeneye graphics

That looks great. Fantastic, even, for the Wii.

These are some of the best graphics for Gamecube, from Metroid Prime:

Metroid Prime

Notice the improvement. And for your frankly inobservant observations about the graphics looking like the N64, here are some N64 graphics of the original Goldeneye:

goldeneye n64

Notice the graphical difference, and the change in fidelity.

I dare you to tell me the new graphics look that crappy.

Oh, and yes, the split-screen looks bad because the Wii isn't powerful enough to run it on max graphics and physics and have 4 guys playing at once.... I must admit the graphics do look quite bad there, but still not as bad as the Gamecube.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#56 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
^ I still think Metroid Prime looks better.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#57 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Gamecube game from 2002

Wii game from 2009

RECON64bit

:lol:

I think we can be confident enough that you're trolling at this point that there's no purpose in leaving this thread open any longer.