Improvents YOU believe the new DS should have (fun topic!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blue_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blue_Panda
Member since 2006 • 1293 Posts

so, since the new Nintendo DS has pretty much been announced "done with development" the design has probably been finished. however, whos to say it is? we already know that the GBA slot in the new DS has been removed-- but what do you think would make you still want to buy this new DS...
FOR ME
1. SD card slot (to watch movies, import Wii's Mii's etc... could happen since no more GBA slot)
2.Packed With a GBA micro (i know its not gonna happen, but it could)
3. Built-In Opera Internet Browser (could work)
4. New program to allow you to send messages to friends, using friend codes (like the wii)
5. More than 1 color at launch
6. USB- port (prefferably mini-b, like the psp!)

thats pretty much all for me, what about you guys?

-SiiLeNCE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 -SiiLeNCE-
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts

the sd card and usb ideas wont happen they already said the ds isnt about multimedia

but i think they need to add more to pictochat and add more wii connectivity features

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
A bulit in Opera Internet Browser that is faster then the one out right now
DazzleKitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 DazzleKitty
Member since 2005 • 70 Posts

I wish friend codes weren't a neccessity. I like how you could challenge random people on Mario Kart. They should have that option for all games.

More than one color at launch would be nice.

The Pictochat should use wifi so you can chat with random people....you can look for people in your area or people farther away.

Blue_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Blue_Panda
Member since 2006 • 1293 Posts
^^ good idea, but with the pictochat even today, people (or parents) of younger children find that using picto chat, their kids could talk to a child molester etc. in a car next to them.. however i dont see how thats possible, and even if it is, i mean... what is the probability??? xD. i would love to chat with random people, espicially if the chat had some text minigames like ping pals.... lol, im serious....
Tuky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Tuky06
Member since 2007 • 5026 Posts
Better graphics, I know nintendo can do more!
tim_aka_link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 tim_aka_link
Member since 2006 • 507 Posts
Theres a new DS????!!!! Wow I'm behind....
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

the sd card and usb ideas wont happen they already said the ds isnt about multimedia

but i think they need to add more to pictochat and add more wii connectivity features

-SiiLeNCE-

SD media still has a place. The Wii promises the idea of downloadable demos but the thing is it still acts as a download station entitling us to only 4MB's ish of data at any one time whereas with an SD card we could potentially have much larger demos.

HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts
honestly, with no GBA slot, I don't see the point in buying it. I have a much larger GBA library than DS, and while I still have my GBA, I got it the day it came out, so it's one of the one's without the luminous screen, which has many downsides.
bigmacksax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bigmacksax
Member since 2003 • 65 Posts
I'd like to see a better system than friend codes, and maybe a way to communicate with people during online play. I guess just better online.
MegaSonicZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 MegaSonicZX
Member since 2007 • 811 Posts
Better online, 'nuff said.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Articuno76

honestly, with no GBA slot, I don't see the point in buying it. I have a much larger GBA library than DS, and while I still have my GBA, I got it the day it came out, so it's one of the one's without the luminous screen, which has many downsides.HybridPhoenix

The whole point is to slim it down, and tbh they really can't get it any thinner without taking the GBA slot out. I don't expect GBA functionality to be gone though, most likely they'll be a perphiral of some sort.

Ratchet-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ratchet-Man
Member since 2007 • 597 Posts
i doubt things like sd card , usb , better online , etc. Its a redesign , not the DS 2 or TS (triple screen)
KazOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KazOblivion
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts

Please don't tell me your are referring to the weird looking gray DS with thick black borders around the screens and 2 arcs that overlap the face buttons and d-pad. If you are referring to a picture or video with a DS designed as I described you'll be sorely disappointed. This DS is the original DS design which was called project Nitro.

Anyways if you're actually referring to a new DS design that I haven't heard of as yet, these are features I would like to see.

-Better graphics overall

-Ability to play classic Gameboy games

-A DS Virtual Consolethat functions like the Wii's

-Larger game cards, at least 1 GB,for the same price

-Built in Internet browser that used Wi-Fi for free and had an optional use anywhere pay service. I should also be a least on par with a dial up connection's speed and be compatible with dynamic media (music,videos,games).

-Actual use of add on RAM expansion pack to give games better depth perception, an increase in overall graphics, and a more interactive gameworld, with more enemies and such.

-Larger internal RAM space to render the above point unnecessary.

I know that all these points won't be added so I'd just take better graphics, larger games, and the virtual console.

Ellimist314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 Ellimist314
Member since 2007 • 1375 Posts

i would love to chat with random people, espicially if the chat had some text minigames like ping pals.... lol, im serious.... Blue_Panda

That's not a bad idea. They could make it so the DS comes with games like Scrabble or Checkers right out of the box.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Articuno76

Please don't tell me your are referring to the weird looking gray DS with thick black borders around the screens and 2 arcs that overlap the face buttons and d-pad. If you are referring to a picture or video with a DS designed as I described you'll be sorely disappointed. This DS is the original DS design which was called project Nitro.

Anyways if you're actually referring to a new DS design that I haven't heard of as yet, these are features I would like to see.

-Better graphics overall

-Ability to play classic Gameboy games

-A DS Virtual Consolethat functions like the Wii's

-Larger game cards, at least 1 GB,for the same price

-Built in Internet browser that used Wi-Fi for free and had an optional use anywhere pay service. I should also be a least on par with a dial up connection's speed and be compatible with dynamic media (music,videos,games).

-Actual use of add on RAM expansion pack to give games better depth perception, an increase in overall graphics, and a more interactive gameworld, with more enemies and such.

-Larger internal RAM space to render the above point unnecessary.

I know that all these points won't be added so I'd just take better graphics, larger games, and the virtual console.

KazOblivion

1. It's a redesign, that isn't going to happen and we have no reason to expect it to, marginally perhaps due to more efficient hardware but nothing major.

2. An actual possibility, but I doubt Nintendo would change back to a slot that can play everything

3. That's possible, it is expected to have inbuilt storage of some kind.

4. That has nothing to do with the redesign and is possible now, as for price...that's driven by the market not the design of the system.

5. Not impossible I guess.

6. Possible given the extra internal storage, but will developers use it?

7. Well..uh...

Pumpkinhead3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pumpkinhead3
Member since 2007 • 342 Posts
i think a memory card, usb, bigger screens, and more durable buttons like on the origanal would be great. also, like u said, a online pictochat that u can send messages anytime. o, and built in internet would be a good idea
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Articuno76

How would a bigger screen work without diluting touch screen accuracy? The screen resolution and location is intergral to touch gameplay, if they made it bigger or smaller wouldn't that become a problem? I am guessng that games are designed not with a "area of screen" influence but a pixel on screen area that has to be depressed for a touch to be registered.

DeliriumGlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DeliriumGlo
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts

Considering that they are taking out the GBA slot you could assume that perhaps they are adding a GBA virtual console download. If this is the case you would probably need a slot for Flash memory or some sort of Hard-drive. However considering that Nintendo always stress keeping cost down my guess would be for flash memory that way it is optional for those who wished to utilize it.

I do have to say that screen resolution is a question I have about the new DS. Granted I know nothing about game transference over handhelds.

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

Are you reffering to the second hand info posted here at gamespot? a la:

"Pacific Crest Securities analyst Evan Wilson believes Nintendo has already finished work on its successor."

ummm, that's just an analyst talking...far from Nintendo announcing anything at all.

here's the article I think your referencing to make this topic:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6182879.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;13

Rumour and speculation is all it is.

zype2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 zype2
Member since 2004 • 200 Posts
I think both screens should use the stylis for the next DS. That would be kinda cool.
Lonnie2Hottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lonnie2Hottie
Member since 2005 • 933 Posts
I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't see any need to change it.