I hate the new Pokemon graphics since X and Y.

Terrorantula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Terrorantula
Member since 2007 • 1795 Posts

It really makes the game feel so restrictive, it exposes how the game really is just a bunch of corridors and in the pursuit of trying to make it feel more immersive, it just makes it less so. I hate the locked "cinematic" camera angles, some how they make it feel more in rails than ever before.

The weird thing is, they have this new engine but it still feels like it's made out of blocks like the old Gameboy games. Everything feels so square and if you compare the new Ruby and Sapphire remakes, you can one to one them with the originals. They don't feel like 3D worlds, the graphics add nothing to the experience, they're essentially just paintwork and tbh I'd prefer to just have nice 2D art instead if that's the case, not ugly jaggy 3D graphics with the most bland art style and that runs poorly on the 3DS.

You have to use the analogue stick to move around now, but the movement feels like it has latency to it now and you have this circular movement on a square designed world.... it feels wrong and unresponsive and you constantly crash into walls and stuff now.

I just wish'd Gamefreak would just totally overhaul it and make either a proper 3D world or go back to the over the top camera. Pokemon Heartgold and SoulSilver just look 100 times better IMO.... shame you cannot bloody buy them without spending several hundred quid.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

I completely agree with you. Although I didn't find anything wrong with the ruby/sapphire remakes, I still vastly prefer the style of heart gold/soul silver.