How many Wii fans are there at GS becuase we can help NMH!!!!

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pikma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 pikma
Member since 2004 • 483 Posts
i'm buying it

it's gonna be awesome!

(need to wait 2 weeks though, i need to get money)
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts
Ive got my copy preordered and as soon as Feb 28th (release date here in Australia) rolls around im gonna pick it up. Shame i got to go to school that day as well, i was hoping to spend the whole day playing it.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

While I believe the intentions and the meaning of this thread are noble, I also see a few things that, to be honest, I don't agree with. Regardless of how well No More Heroes sell or doesn't sell, I don't think it's going to make as big of an impact as people seem to be claiming it's going to make. It's either going to be another surprising success or another expected flop, and both of those thing HAVE happened in this industry before with no major effect. The thing is, while we gamers can, do, and will make recommendations to each other about games, we don't see campaigns for every fresh idea, and nor should we. It's just as important for publishers and developers to advertise their own games in order to give them the best possible chance at success, and when it comes to games like this, a lot of publishers tend to do a poor job at it.

Case in point, I haven't seen an advertisment for this game in any form anywhere. What does Ubisoft expect to get out of this game is beyond me with such a concept. The average non-hardcore consumer isn't going to pay $50 for a game they have no idea about, and that's the game's biggest problem at the moment. Unless you're going to go out on an all-country tour and try to endorse the game yourself, I'm not sure how helpful something like this can actually be. Most people here probably already know what they're going to do in regards of this game anyway, and if not, chances are by the time they see a review or two, the deal will be sealed. Also, I'm kind of tired of this whole "Wii owners are hurting themselves for not buying third party games thing" because I don't think that entirely the case. With the cost of most things video game related being quite expensive, most people can't afford to get everything they see. Therefore, they get what they trust. From the Wii side of things, there haven't been that many games outside of first party efforts that have given people any reason to take risks. If NMH is as great as some want it to be, it will help, but once again, it's up to the publishers and developers to create that sense of trust with the consumers themselves.

The last thing I want to mention is that I truly believe that there is no secret to creating a successful third-party Wii game, as there have been games that have already done so (like RE4, for instance, which could have been a dust collector as well, considering it's a last-gen game). If there is a "secret," it would fall along the lines of taking advantage of the hardware, making the best game possible, advertising it properly, and hoping for the best. It boggles the mind when I see developers so nervous to make a game for the system when most of the games haven't even made good use of the system's potential to begin with. When that lazy mentality starts to change, I'm sure sales will improve to justify it. There is always going to be a great game that doesn't sell on EVERY system, regardless of how well it's doing, but that shouldn't stop developers from taking a gamble here and there.

Madmangamer364

Maybe we cant make that much of a difference but that doesnt we shouldnt try. I know its been done before and has been successful. This game will make an impact if it does in fact sell well. Many scources have reiterated this inclduing IGN that publishers like Ubisoft are not the only ones that are monitering this game.

If people do not have the money to pay for those games then why are they complaining about a lack of games???????

I will say it again, I am doing this because Ubisoft wont. If you wanna help thank you, if you dont wanna help I really dont know why your here.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]Yeah this game is destined to flop... Sorry thats the way it is. I'll be getting it, but Im not going to deny that its going to end up like Z&W.swn13
isnt a flop a game that sucks and was well avertised so everyone anticipates it to be a good game?

No, thats not what a flop is, but this game cant flop, since it isnt expected to sell very well to begin with. The game looks like it will be a blast to play, and its always a shame to see good games just sit on the shelves. This is a rare Wii game, one where the developer worked hard on it, effectively used the consoles abilities, had thier best team working it, and it wasnt merely an afterthought. It deserves to sell very well, but I wouldnt bank on that.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Maybe we cant make that much of a difference but that doesnt we shouldnt try. I know its been done before and has been successful. This game will make an impact if it does in fact sell well. Many scources have reiterated this inclduing IGN that publishers like Ubisoft are not the only ones that are monitering this game.

If people do not have the money to pay for those games then why are they complaining about a lack of games???????

I will say it again, I am doing this because Ubisoft wont. If you wanna help thank you, if you dont wanna help I really dont know why your here.

Cyber-

Let's see... first of all, I don't mind the fact that you're trying to do a positive thing here. In fact, I applaud what you're doing, by trying to shed a little light on a game that's likely to get overlooked. The only thing I see here that can be perhaps a bit alarming is just how far you're willing to go with this. I'm all for giving a game hype and all of that, but it's just the whole "campaign" thing that bothers me. Perhaps it is just a term that is used and nothing more, but I'm just hoping that things don't go overboard. Sometimes, you can encourage something too much to the point where it seems like it's forcing things a bit. That's my only major concern. At the end of the day, people like you and I would have to pay $50 for the game, like the rest of the consumers out there. We can really only do so much, and we really only SHOULD do so much. You're right about word-of-mouth advertising being a good thing in some cases, but it can also backfire.

As for that whole monitoring thing, that doesn't really say too much to me. If you're planning on making games for a particular system, it's important to see what games are being successful on the system and what the system is lacking in genre-wise in the first place. If you're not doing that, something is wrong. Oddly enough, it doesn't looking like publishers are doing too well of a job at that at the moment anyways, because there are plenty of untapped areas in the Wii's overall genre-field that has yet to be capitalized on. Also, if this game somehow does become successful, it's just potentially one more game/franchise for the other publishers to compete, so I don't know how that's going help them out much either. As with any game, NMH has the potential to sell 1,000,000 games or 10,000 games, but much like some games have managed to change a few opinions, most games tend to do very little at all. To be honest, I don't see this one game alone doing much of the former over the latter.

As far as the no money/lack of games thing is concerned, that's not what I was trying to say. Regardless of how much money you have, unless you have the freedom to throw money away, you want the best bang for the buck. The fact that Ubisoft and other publishers aren't going all out to help the success of their games on Nintendo's consoles aren't helping out consumers, regardless of their budgets. Also, I'm sure everyone here that has bought their fair share of games have picked up at least one or two games that they just didn't care for. It doesn't matter how great the game was or how well received it may have been, you're likely to get a game that you play for a small amount of time and never play again. If anything, this is where money comes into play, because as bad as it is to throw $10 away, paying $50 for a game you didn't enjoy leaves a feeling 5 times as sour. Once again, someone has to inform those that don't read magazines or go to gaming sites about these games if they ever expect them to do anything on retail.

Last, but not least, if the publisher and developer, those responsible for the creation of this title, aren't going all out to help this game, no one else should be expected to. While I'm aware of what Suda-51 has done with the game in Japan, chances of seeing something similar in the States and elsewhere are slim-to-none. Once again, I respect and admire your efforts, and if the game is deserving success, then I want to see it do well. At the same time, I just don't think it's fair to see things going in this direction for any of us. Last time I checked, no one pays gamers to campaign for certain games.

l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

Madmangamer364

Let's see... first of all, I don't mind the fact that you're trying to do a positive thing here. In fact, I applaud what you're doing, by trying to shed a little light on a game that's likely to get overlooked. The only thing I see here that can be perhaps a bit alarming is just how far you're willing to go with this. I'm all for giving a game hype and all of that, but it's just the whole "campaign" thing that bothers me. Perhaps it is just a term that is used and nothing more, but I'm just hoping that things don't go overboard. Sometimes, you can encourage something too much to the point where it seems like it's forcing things a bit. That's my only major concern. At the end of the day, people like you and I would have to pay $50 for the game, like the rest of the consumers out there. We can really only do so much, and we really only SHOULD do so much. You're right about word-of-mouth advertising being a good thing in some cases, but it can also backfire.

As for that whole monitoring thing, that doesn't really say too much to me. If you're planning on making games for a particular system, it's important to see what games are being successful on the system and what the system is lacking in genre-wise in the first place. If you're not doing that, something is wrong. Oddly enough, it doesn't looking like publishers are doing too well of a job at that at the moment anyways, because there are plenty of untapped areas in the Wii's overall genre-field that has yet to be capitalized on. Also, if this game somehow does become successful, it's just potentially one more game/franchise for the other publishers to compete, so I don't know how that's going help them out much either. As with any game, NMH has the potential to sell 1,000,000 games or 10,000 games, but much like some games have managed to change a few opinions, most games tend to do very little at all. To be honest, I don't see this one game alone doing much of the former over the latter.

As far as the no money/lack of games thing is concerned, that's not what I was trying to say. Regardless of how much money you have, unless you have the freedom to throw money away, you want the best bang for the buck. The fact that Ubisoft and other publishers aren't going all out to help the success of their games on Nintendo's consoles aren't helping out consumers, regardless of their budgets. Also, I'm sure everyone here that has bought their fair share of games have picked up at least one or two games that they just didn't care for. It doesn't matter how great the game was or how well received it may have been, you're likely to get a game that you play for a small amount of time and never play again. If anything, this is where money comes into play, because as bad as it is to throw $10 away, paying $50 for a game you didn't enjoy leaves a feeling 5 times as sour. Once again, someone has to inform those that don't read magazines or go to gaming sites about these games if they ever expect them to do anything on retail.

Last, but not least, if the publisher and developer, those responsible for the creation of this title, aren't going all out to help this game, no one else should be expected to. While I'm aware of what Suda-51 has done with the game in Japan, chances of seeing something similar in the States and elsewhere are slim-to-none. Once again, I respect and admire your efforts, and if the game is deserving success, then I want to see it do well. At the same time, I just don't think it's fair to see things going in this direction for any of us. Last time I checked, no one pays gamers to campaign for certain games.

I think you put it a bit more elegantly than I did, but I think we share a simlar opinion on the matter. And Cyber-, I didn't really mean to abandon the arguement, its just that I can't stay all day on GS :wink:

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

Madmangamer364

I know this may not have a profound effect but to sit there and do nothing just bugs the hell out of me.

It should say alot to you that many publishers see this game as a test. It is a very extreme game and if itcould do well so could many others that have even better presentations and ones that are easier to sell to the public. You even said that Grasshoper put their A team on this game, if it does not sell well do you really think they will continue to make these games? No so it is important the future of Wii.

I am sorry but people keep complaining about lack of games but they ony have Wii Sports. Then I name off a huge list of games and they say they dont have the oney. This is called going in circles of the illogical. the fact is that its basically a fad to say wii has no games but then I can go and pull out a list of good games and that little misconceptiion dissapears. I do admit there needs to be so much more from third parties because they bring in a variety of games that Nintendo wont bring.

Publishers need step it up on all fronts BOTTOM LINE.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Madmangamer364"][QUOTE="Cyber-"]

l8bitz

I think you put it a bit more elegantly than I did, but I think we share a simlar opinion on the matter. And Cyber-, I didn't really mean to abandon the arguement, its just that I can't stay all day on GS :wink:

You said I was making no sense when its appearant everything there was clear????? And what that other guy is saying is different.

lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
reporting for duty :D
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Madmangamer364

I know this may not have a profound effect but to sit there and do nothing just bugs the hell out of me.

It should say alot to you that many publishers see this game as a test. It is a very extreme game and if itcould do well so could many others that have even better presentations and ones that are easier to sell to the public. You even said that Grasshoper put their A team on this game, if it does not sell well do you really think they will continue to make these games? No so it is important the future of Wii.

I am sorry but people keep complaining about lack of games but they ony have Wii Sports. Then I name off a huge list of games and they say they dont have the oney. This is called going in circles of the illogical. the fact is that its basically a fad to say wii has no games but then I can go and pull out a list of good games and that little misconceptiion dissapears. I do admit there needs to be so much more from third parties because they bring in a variety of games that Nintendo wont bring.

Cyber-

Listen, I understand what you're saying all too well. It pains me very much when there are great games out there that only a handful of people take the time to try out. At the same time, that's bound to happen with an industry such as the video game industry. We can try to do our part by encouraging others to try a certain product, but that's really all. After that, we just have to hope for the best. Once again, I'm happy to see such dedication toward one product, but at the end of the day, things will be what they will be.

As for how publishers are looking at this game, once again I still say that even if this game manages to do VERY well, that doesn't mean we'll see more games like it. In fact, the extreme nature of this game may very well be difficult for anyone else to duplicate and maintain from a quality standpoint. It would be much better if such focus was put on games in genres that the Wii could use at the moment if they really want to succeed on the system. Also, the success or failure of a game doesn't necessiarly mean that we can't see anymore games like it. In fact, I look at a game like Viewtiful Joe having sequels, spin-offs, and even an animated series, despite the original game not selling that well at all. Even when Capcom made the once-exclusive GCN game for the PS2 (a system with about 5x the userbase), it still didn't reach out like most would have thought. Still, that didn't stop Capcom from sticking with it (well, at least until Clover shut down). And the exact opposite can be said about games that do sell well, but may not have been deserving of the sales. In that case, it's best to quit while you're ahead. :P I guess what I'm trying to say is that we can predict and monitor all we want, but none of it matters until we see what the game does. Even then, that doesn't ensure very much in this industry.

To be perfect honest with you, I don't even have a Wii, and I'm tired of everyone complaining about the "lack of good games" for it, especially when there are a number of games out there I would love to have and play right now on the thing. If you wanted to know how deeply I feel about this, that fact and my previous comments should be enough to tell you I'm also quite passionate about this subject. At the same time, I can't give my fellow gamers ALL of the blame when I see that what a lot of developers are simply complaining when they're not showing full confidence in the games themselves. I wish the Wii the best, as well as the developers that make great games for the system. Heck, that's part of what being a gamer is about, and I support such great efforts when I'm able to. However, until I see a better push from everyone that's involved, I don't see how this is going to change with such tactics from gamers alone.

Last, but not least, I must thank you for allowing me to make these comments here without much of a problem. This is something that has been annoying me a lot over the past few weeks, and it's nice to finally get everything out. I feel so much better now. :)

ninjavelmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 ninjavelmor
Member since 2004 • 1053 Posts
i'm def getting this game. i work at gamestop, and i have been telling customers left and right about this game, i conviced my assisntant manger to pick it up, and i got alot of people inerested in it. so hopfully this pays off in some way. i really want this game to do well.
Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts
I don't come to the Wii for hardcore stuff. That's what I own a 360 for. The Wii does what it does and I love that about it since I can't get that anywhere else. However, this game does look interesting and I might eventually get it once the price drops
Trindris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 Trindris
Member since 2005 • 320 Posts

I'm in.

Sorry, I'm not gonna write a wall of text like everyone else is.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dcbd90c2616
deactivated-57dcbd90c2616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-57dcbd90c2616
Member since 2007 • 497 Posts
I agreee, gamers need to buy this game, Zack & Wiki, and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Gamers should have bought Psychonauts and Okami as well.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

Madmangamer364

Listen, I understand what you're saying all too well. It pains me very much when there are great games out there that only a handful of people take the time to try out. At the same time, that's bound to happen with an industry such as the video game industry. We can try to do our part by encouraging others to try a certain product, but that's really all. After that, we just have to hope for the best. Once again, I'm happy to see such dedication toward one product, but at the end of the day, things will be what they will be.

As for how publishers are looking at this game, once again I still say that even if this game manages to do VERY well, that doesn't mean we'll see more games like it. In fact, the extreme nature of this game may very well be difficult for anyone else to duplicate and maintain from a quality standpoint. It would be much better if such focus was put on games in genres that the Wii could use at the moment if they really want to succeed on the system. Also, the success or failure of a game doesn't necessiarly mean that we can't see anymore games like it. In fact, I look at a game like Viewtiful Joe having sequels, spin-offs, and even an animated series, despite the original game not selling that well at all. Even when Capcom made the once-exclusive GCN game for the PS2 (a system with about 5x the userbase), it still didn't reach out like most would have thought. Still, that didn't stop Capcom from sticking with it (well, at least until Clover shut down). And the exact opposite can be said about games that do sell well, but may not have been deserving of the sales. In that case, it's best to quit while you're ahead. :P I guess what I'm trying to say is that we can predict and monitor all we want, but none of it matters until we see what the game does. Even then, that doesn't ensure very much in this industry.

To be perfect honest with you, I don't even have a Wii, and I'm tired of everyone complaining about the "lack of good games" for it, especially when there are a number of games out there I would love to have and play right now on the thing. If you wanted to know how deeply I feel about this, that fact and my previous comments should be enough to tell you I'm also quite passionate about this subject. At the same time, I can't give my fellow gamers ALL of the blame when I see that what a lot of developers are simply complaining when they're not showing full confidence in the games themselves. I wish the Wii the best, as well as the developers that make great games for the system. Heck, that's part of what being a gamer is about, and I support such great efforts when I'm able to. However, until I see a better push from everyone that's involved, I don't see how this is going to change with such tactics from gamers alone.

Last, but not least, I must thank you for allowing me to make these comments here without much of a problem. This is something that has been annoying me a lot over the past few weeks, and it's nice to finally get everything out. I feel so much better now. :)

But you dont understand I am not doing this because of one game. Yes that plays into the picture but this is more than just making a cult classic. As I have explicitely said before, this game is being tracked because of its unusual high quality for a third party game that is also completely original. This is about the possiblity of prompting publishers to generate more games than mini game compilations.

There is an off chance possiblity to every faccet of life. I could say that for anything, but if this game does well its going to turn some attention an many scources with much better points of views have said this including IGN editors. Yes there are games that do end up having sequals like MoH: H2 is probabaly gonna be on Wii because it got some pretty good reviews. But your using a very unlikely scenario. I am trying to help in the little way I can (well not in this thread its become purely discussion but Ill make a new one) because Ubisoft has to make errible decisions every step of the wii process. WHy quit I have nothing to lose and I know I am reaching some people. I got a scource that will help me make some videos and I am gonna do this, if not merely out of principle.

I know what your talking about and I never said the Wii didnt have any games. In fact the Wii has just as many games to play as its competition, its just a noobish miscinception that it doesnt. I have noticed that everyone who complains about not having games only has 3 games, this is backwards logic that keeps me up at night. BUT I see a gap in its library and that pertains specifically to third party devs which can bring diversity. The gaming industry is too big now for Nintendo to go the route of almost entirely first party. Well see Square-Enix seems like its ramping up its support, Ubisoft (though I doubt it) is claiming Nintendo like quality at the end of the year, THQ has DE BLOB, and many developers are bringing us some surprises. BUT they aint gonna last when we ignore them soooo much, we have to pay attention to those unique games or they are just going to dissappear.

peterom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 peterom11
Member since 2007 • 397 Posts
I'm ordering it right now.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Madmangamer364

But you dont understand I am not doing this because of one game. Yes that plays into the picture but this is more than just making a cult classic. As I have explicitely said before, this game is being tracked because of its unusual high quality for a third party game that is also completely original. This is about the possiblity of prompting publishers to generate more games than mini game compilations.

There is an off chance possiblity to every faccet of life. I could say that for anything, but if this game does well its going to turn some attention an many scources with much better points of views have said this including IGN editors. Yes there are games that do end up having sequals like MoH: H2 is probabaly gonna be on Wii because it got some pretty good reviews. But your using a very unlikely scenario. I am trying to help in the little way I can (well not in this thread its become purely discussion but Ill make a new one) because Ubisoft has to make errible decisions every step of the wii process. WHy quit I have nothing to lose and I know I am reaching some people. I got a scource that will help me make some videos and I am gonna do this, if not merely out of principle.

I know what your talking about and I never said the Wii didnt have any games. In fact the Wii has just as many games to play as its competition, its just a noobish miscinception that it doesnt. I have noticed that everyone who complains about not having games only has 3 games, this is backwards logic that keeps me up at night. BUT I see a gap in its library and that pertains specifically to third party devs which can bring diversity. The gaming industry is too big now for Nintendo to go the route of almost entirely first party. Well see Square-Enix seems like its ramping up its support, Ubisoft (though I doubt it) is claiming Nintendo like quality at the end of the year, THQ has DE BLOB, and many developers are bringing us some surprises. BUT they aint gonna last when we ignore them soooo much, we have to pay attention to those unique games or they are just going to dissappear.

Cyber-

Back to this, huh? Sure, I'm game. :P

Actually, I'm aware of your intentions probably a good deal better than you think I am. I was always aware that part of the reason you're doing this is so the future of third-party support on Wii remains solid for the future. It's just the way you're putting this at the moment FEELS like it's geared toward one game and whether or not it leave a great impression on a lot of people. Once again, even IF this game sells well, and even IF a large number of publishers are keeping an eye on this game, it's not going to mean much if publishers and developers aren't willing to put forth the effort. That's a lot of IFs for something that's not a sure thing even if it does work out, especially when dealing with video games. I would love to think that the success of this game can change some developers' minds about the Wii, but to be honest, I just don't at the moment.

I'm glad that you agree that there is a chance for ANYTHING to happen. While we share that mentality, we seem to be still split on how that will affect things in the future, and that's ok. I'm not trying to argue with you here by any means. My point is that the success or failure of this game shouldn't be the say-all story (for the lack of a better term) in regards to what developers should do for the future, especially since it it's such an extreme game with a specific audience to begin with. If it does well, then perhaps that will give other developers some faith, but on the flip-side to this, maybe it will just confuse some people more. Yeah, I may be using some rare case here, but I'm doing this for the sake of bringing up as many angles as possible in order to make this most out of this discussion. I'm not saying that I'm right or that what I'm saying means more than anything from anyone else. It doesn't, in fact. At the same time, I do intend to try to get the most of out this as long as I'm interested in it. That much you can be sure about. ;)

Once again, I don't mind what you're doing here. The only problem I could see out of this is the direction it's going. With that said, you have the freedom to do what you want, regardless of what I say. :P I think it's great that you're trying to help the cause and fight the good fight. It's just that I don't wish to see things get out of hand or witness any major letdowns. Chances are that major publishers aren't looking at such efforts, so I hope no one is expecting any major rewards here. It doesn't seem like you're thinking that way, though, so it shouldn't be a problem. If you want to make videos to help generate more hype or something of the sort, I say go for it! Once again, that's just the kind of gamer I am, as not even I'm liking the direction developers are going with the Wii. I still see a few potential problems, but you seem capable and determined enough to take care of them IF they happen.

I, too, don't wish to see Nintendo have to make everything great on the Wii for themselves, and I see the same gap of diversity as you do in regards to genres. However, I can't claim a game to be "ignored" when no efforts are being made to make the game visable to everyone, which is a problem for MOST third-party games on the Wii at the moment, regardless of who is making it. I'm also aware about the potential out there from these developers, but I'm not one of those people that are going to encouarge someone to buy a product for the sake of it getting noticed, especially when most of those products have been lackluster to begin with (if developers want to continue to see their games fall short, flooding store shelves with bad games is a good idea). I'm not saying that's what you're doing here, because it doesn't appear that way. I guess what I've been trying to say that if publishers were making as much effort into making and marketing their games as you are with things like this, we might not even be talking about this right now. And if we were, then I think it would be safe to give Wii owners more of the blame. Until then, I just don't think it's entirely far to put all of the pressure on those with a Wii to buy *insert game here* just to help out those that aren't that willing to help themselves out much.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Well, to say the truth, I have a Wii and I'm a Nintendo fan, but I don't have any idea of how this game is like. I will try it when it is released. Not too many people know about this game, none of my friends (in real life) knows about it. Everybody is waiting for Brawl and I will not criticize that because I'm also excited for it. Brawl is getting the attention this year.
samiup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#69 samiup
Member since 2006 • 767 Posts

Ill see the screens and the reviews than ill pay for it, thats how it works. we dont do charity over here, yes RE4 sold Millions because its a good game, the other games didnt because they suck, period. i dont remember seeing any advertisment for RE4. yet ive bought it and i would have payed more for it. i bought MoH for full price but scince i used to play BF2, MoH looked to me like going way back in time, i ran right away back to the store and i exchanged it with RE-UC hoping it will be better.

i own a wii and i love the way it works, but the games are bad big time, its like nintendo is throwing whatever to the wii because they think that the buyers (wii owners) dont know the difference between RPG and FPS, and somtimes i think they are right, from looking at the crap on the wii section of the stores.

im not gonna encourage crap, ill buy a game if its worth my time and money.

GameOverKayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 GameOverKayo
Member since 2007 • 471 Posts
Dont expect anything from us Europeans because we dont buy censored garbage.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

Madmangamer364

Back to this, huh? Sure, I'm game. :P

Actually, I'm aware of your intentions probably a good deal better than you think I am. I was always aware that part of the reason you're doing this is so the future of third-party support on Wii remains solid for the future. It's just the way you're putting this at the moment FEELS like it's geared toward one game and whether or not it leave a great impression on a lot of people. Once again, even IF this game sells well, and even IF a large number of publishers are keeping an eye on this game, it's not going to mean much if publishers and developers aren't willing to put forth the effort. That's a lot of IFs for something that's not a sure thing even if it does work out, especially when dealing with video games. I would love to think that the success of this game can change some developers' minds about the Wii, but to be honest, I just don't at the moment.

I'm glad that you agree that there is a chance for ANYTHING to happen. While we share that mentality, we seem to be still split on how that will affect things in the future, and that's ok. I'm not trying to argue with you here by any means. My point is that the success or failure of this game shouldn't be the say-all story (for the lack of a better term) in regards to what developers should do for the future, especially since it it's such an extreme game with a specific audience to begin with. If it does well, then perhaps that will give other developers some faith, but on the flip-side to this, maybe it will just confuse some people more. Yeah, I may be using some rare case here, but I'm doing this for the sake of bringing up as many angles as possible in order to make this most out of this discussion. I'm not saying that I'm right or that what I'm saying means more than anything from anyone else. It doesn't, in fact. At the same time, I do intend to try to get the most of out this as long as I'm interested in it. That much you can be sure about. ;)

Once again, I don't mind what you're doing here. The only problem I could see out of this is the direction it's going. With that said, you have the freedom to do what you want, regardless of what I say. :P I think it's great that you're trying to help the cause and fight the good fight. It's just that I don't wish to see things get out of hand or witness any major letdowns. Chances are that major publishers aren't looking at such efforts, so I hope no one is expecting any major rewards here. It doesn't seem like you're thinking that way, though, so it shouldn't be a problem. If you want to make videos to help generate more hype or something of the sort, I say go for it! Once again, that's just the kind of gamer I am, as not even I'm liking the direction developers are going with the Wii. I still see a few potential problems, but you seem capable and determined enough to take care of them IF they happen.

I, too, don't wish to see Nintendo have to make everything great on the Wii for themselves, and I see the same gap of diversity as you do in regards to genres. However, I can't claim a game to be "ignored" when no efforts are being made to make the game visable to everyone, which is a problem for MOST third-party games on the Wii at the moment, regardless of who is making it. I'm also aware about the potential out there from these developers, but I'm not one of those people that are going to encouarge someone to buy a product for the sake of it getting noticed, especially when most of those products have been lackluster to begin with (if developers want to continue to see their games fall short, flooding store shelves with bad games is a good idea). I'm not saying that's what you're doing here, because it doesn't appear that way. I guess what I've been trying to say that if publishers were making as much effort into making and marketing their games as you are with things like this, we might not even be talking about this right now. And if we were, then I think it would be safe to give Wii owners more of the blame. Until then, I just don't think it's entirely far to put all of the pressure on those with a Wii to buy *insert game here* just to help out those that aren't that willing to help themselves out much.

We have to make an effort. Appearantly were gonna get more help then we anticiapted because GS surprised us all again and gave it a 9.0. all I know is there is alot of talk about what to put on wii and how to do it. Ubi made the crap we know as Red Steel and was successful despite everything and so they respond along with some other devs with a couple of the worst FPS ports in gaming history. This is a response to success. Because publishers are so dimwitted and mainly rely on overly proven ideas they obviously fail when they have to have an openmind.

As I said, and it is a matter of opinion, this game is being watched because its very extreme and experts have said before me. Lets hope to god it does well caause as reviews show us it deserves it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#72 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts

I bought it. And I will tell my friends who own a Wii to get this game, but here is what their response will be, "The graphics look so bad!" I will then try to explain the art style, but they'll just repeat the same thing over and over again.

Also, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 didn't sell well because the single player campain is garbage, and only six hours long. The online gets old fast, too.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Cyber-
this may get more support then I have previously expected because of so many good reviews.
Cowmanik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Cowmanik
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts
isnt a flop a game that sucks and was well avertised so everyone anticipates it to be a good game? swn13
A flop is a product that fails to sell well, nothing more nothing less.
smosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 smosh
Member since 2003 • 27 Posts
I bought it today due to the editors choice award here on Gamespot. It's fun.