How many Wii fans are there at GS becuase we can help NMH!!!!

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

Yes I know some people dont like it and I am not forcing you to do anything. I think a dedicated effort to support this game can help its sales.

You may ask why i am so dedicated to getting this game to do well. I have a couple reasons. With such a strong force of non gamers on Wii third party entities are convinced that Wii does not have a hardcore fanbase. I dont know why they think this when games like RE4 sells one million along with many other games. Yes MoH: H2 and Zack and Wiki sold bad but that was the publisher's fault for not advertising along with some other weird decisions. No More Heroes is one of the few third party efforts that does not suck and is looking pretty damn cool. Everytime we Wii fans ignore games like this WE BURN BRIDGES. Yes publishers will not fund games that are doomed to failure. Stop buring bridges and help me with hti ssupport campaign. Antoher reason is that its a cool game and not many people know about it because Ubisoft (failures of this generation in terms of Wii) are not advertising, we have to manke our efforts. Another reason is Suda makes interesting and very sophisticated games and though this makesit hard to sell its about time he got some more recognition. He wanted to put this game on 360 but didnt and now he is gonna pay for it unless we do something.

If your gonna buy this game or good reviews eventually show you this game is good then sign here that you are buying it.

Please at least listen. I know you may be waiting to pay it at a firneds house. Keep an open mind and lets change the fate of a game that is doomed unless we intervene. IGN is doing its part at least on the editorial side. If this game gathers some sort of success with it it will open the doors to more games and possibly a sequal to NMH.

enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 enduin
Member since 2003 • 1364 Posts
Agreed, people need to buy this game and make people know they have. The more buzz and talk about NMH will catch both gamers who may go buy it due to the buzz and Ubisoft and other 3rd parties who will see people actually care about having great, mature games like this on the Wii.
slyux432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 slyux432
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
Your point makes since, Zack and Wiki did fail even though we cant admit it. and i dont see MOH: H2 in the store shelves, it does kinda make since that the third party games are dying slowly even though they are very awesome. SO IM WITH YOU ON THIS PROJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts
I do not care about supporting game, nor wii... Thus this game looks awesome and i have it on track since day 1... you can count that i`ll get it....
Wiitendo64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wiitendo64
Member since 2006 • 2553 Posts

Now I bought Medal of Honor Heroes 2, and you can count on me to buy NMH the koolest the game to hit the Wii this month!

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 sonic_rusher
Member since 2007 • 2185 Posts

Seriously......

I am in. We can all make a difference. Word of mouth is affective and if publishers are going to be jerks then we will have to go the extra mile. This is not the first time a game has done well due to dedicated fans. If you guys have freinds that complain about lack of games on Wii shove NMH in their face. Alot of my friends are those violentce beats all type of gamers and it will work perfectly for them. There must be like what?????? 30,000 Wii readers for Gamespot. Now I know this sounds unrealistic but imagine 30,000 people buying this game and getting at least a couple friends to buy it as well. Thats 100, 000 right there. Now I know this is so impossible to gather this support but if we back up Cyber maybe we can do it. Expect my support.

Maybe we can get some Youtube videos up or a myspcae page. Ill see what I can do but I hope I am not the only one helping the TS out.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cyber-

Yes we need a myspace page for it with cool fanmade videos.

Japan rejected this game cold. Lets not do the same. I know people would accpet this game if they just KNEW about it.

Wiitendo64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Wiitendo64
Yeah it makes me sad that Japan isn't supporting it. Darn you WiiFit and your attraction to casual gamers! No worries No More Heroes, we won't let ya down!!
swn13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 swn13
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts
i know im gunna buy it i think this game looks awsome and i have been telling all my friends that own a wii about this game i camt wait to cut some people in half i know that i am gunna support it and i hope it does sell well and if it does we will see more good 3rd party games. I will also be buying endless ocean the same day, cause i know when i get done cuting people in half i want to go for a swim.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

There must be like what?????? 30,000 Wii readers for Gamespot.

sonic_rusher

No

Not even close

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Yeah this game is destined to flop... Sorry thats the way it is. I'll be getting it, but Im not going to deny that its going to end up like Z&W.
swn13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 swn13
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts
Yeah this game is destined to flop... Sorry thats the way it is. I'll be getting it, but Im not going to deny that its going to end up like Z&W.Minishdriveby
isnt a flop a game that sucks and was well avertised so everyone anticipates it to be a good game?
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sonic_rusher
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

Jaysonguy

No

Not even close

What is it then?

l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
I appreciate your effort, but I will buy this game when (and if) I ever feel so inclined too. Also, I don't speak giant wall of text.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]Yeah this game is destined to flop... Sorry thats the way it is. I'll be getting it, but Im not going to deny that its going to end up like Z&W.swn13
isnt a flop a game that sucks and was well avertised so everyone anticipates it?

A flop is a slang term for failure; in the entertainment world, usually referring to movie, TV show, Broadway musical or play that does not do well, or is expected to do well and falls short.

it can mean either or. I can either be hyped and not do good, or not do financially good

so lets call it a financial flop. that better :).

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cyber-

I appreciate your effort, but I will buy this game when (and if) I ever feel so inclined too. Also, I don't speak giant wall of text.l8bitz

Its called reading and I never said you have to. I am just asking for support for something that has an impact on future games that will come to Wii, which means it affects everyone.

I know there are people who dont like buying campaigns, this thread is not about what you think about buying campaigns its about NMH and future third party games.

Wiitendo64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Wiitendo64

[QUOTE="l8bitz"]I appreciate your effort, but I will buy this game when (and if) I ever feel so inclined too. Also, I don't speak giant wall of text.Cyber-

Its called reading and I never said you have to. I am just asking for support for something that has an impact on future games that will come to Wii, which means it affects everyone.

I know there are people who dont like buying campaigns, this thread is not about what you think about buying campaigns its about NMH and future third party games.

Yeah, we can't let these great games flop! It's stupid how Spiderman 3 can sell like crazy while actual good games like this get passed by. It's time we support these developers and their games which they've put hard work into making! ...and then we'll Brawl on 3/9!

Skylarkell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Skylarkell
Member since 2007 • 2797 Posts

Im in as well. I love Grasshopper for making one of the most underrated games ever Godhand. This game looks great as well. I just hate it when people compare this to GTA and LOZ.

If i just knew how to put one of those campaign things on...

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

[QUOTE="l8bitz"]I appreciate your effort, but I will buy this game when (and if) I ever feel so inclined too. Also, I don't speak giant wall of text.Wiitendo64

Yeah, we can't let these great games flop! It's stupid how Spiderman 3 can sell like crazy while actual good games like this get passed by. It's time we support these developers and their games which they've put hard work into making! ...and then we'll Brawl on 3/9!

I am gonna start looking into ways to get this to toher people, obviously I am not gonna get much support here......

l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 l8bitz

[QUOTE="l8bitz"]I appreciate your effort, but I will buy this game when (and if) I ever feel so inclined too. Also, I don't speak giant wall of text.Cyber-

lol I really want to argue with you because I don't believe in the message you are putting out. I think I'll just let it go though.

Wiitendo64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wiitendo64
[QUOTE="Wiitendo64"][QUOTE="Cyber-"]

I am gonna start looking into ways to get this to toher people, obviously I am not gonna get much support here......

The IGN boards often support underated games such as NMH. Just remember that their's many of us here who are ready to buy this game. You and NMH has our support. :D

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

[QUOTE="l8bitz"]I appreciate your effort, but I will buy this game when (and if) I ever feel so inclined too. Also, I don't speak giant wall of text.l8bitz

lol I really want to argue with you because I don't believe in the message you are putting out. I think I'll just let it go though.

Say what you wanna say.....

WHat I amtrying to do is more than a what happens to one game..

Go ahead say what you think.

l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 l8bitz

Yeah, we can't let these great games flop! It's stupid how Spiderman 3 can sell like crazy while actual good games like this get passed by. It's time we support these developers and their games which they've put hard work into making!Wiitendo64

Actually we can. I have seen many great games being produced that just haven't been my cup of tea. I refuse to buy a game just because its good to support a developer because then they will never make something unique. They'll just stick with what sells; a game I don't particularly like even though it has excellent graphic/sound/gameplay qualities.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#24 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

I like your idea, dude. I really want third party devs to make high quality games like NMH.

I was hesitant about buying this game at first, but now that I compare this to all the other garbage on the Wii, I'm definitely going to buy it, but not right away. I still have to finish Geometry Wars and I'm going to pick up Brawl as well, but I'll definitely buy it. This game will inevitably be a sleeper hit this year. It's a shame.

kazekage1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kazekage1234
Member since 2007 • 1351 Posts
1:54:P
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cyber-

[QUOTE="Wiitendo64"]Yeah, we can't let these great games flop! It's stupid how Spiderman 3 can sell like crazy while actual good games like this get passed by. It's time we support these developers and their games which they've put hard work into making!l8bitz

Actually we can. I have seen many great games being produced that just haven't been my cup of tea. I refuse to buy a game just because its good to support a developer because then they will never make something unique. They'll just stick with what sells; a game I don't particularly like even though it has excellent graphic/sound/gameplay qualities.

I guess I have to repeat my self. Who is forcing you to buy this game? Also who said you should solely buy this game just because of the developer. That was just one reason.

Because of so many reasons some that are much more important than merely No MOre Heroes this is a game we should support because the people who are supposed to advertise and let people know about it are not doing that. A collective effort by people who like this game can help its sales.

enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 enduin
Member since 2003 • 1364 Posts

[QUOTE="Wiitendo64"]Yeah, we can't let these great games flop! It's stupid how Spiderman 3 can sell like crazy while actual good games like this get passed by. It's time we support these developers and their games which they've put hard work into making!l8bitz

Then dont buy it. No one is asking for people to just buy the game for the sake of saving it. The problem NMH faces is that Ubisoft has done next to nothing to promote it. People dont know a lot about the game, heck most dont even know it exists. What we want is to spread the work and get people to see it, look into it and to take a chance and buy it if they think they may like it.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sonic_rusher
I dont get why people get border line offended when someone wants to start a campaign. Peopl act like their being forced. If dont like you dont like it. Ubisoft seems too thick in the skull to do their part so for those of us who care have to do it.
bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bowserjr123

I dont get why people get border line offended when someone wants to start a campaign. Peopl act like their being forced. If dont like you dont like it. Ubisoft seems too thick in the skull to do their part so for those of us who care have to do it.sonic_rusher

I agree with you. I think it's a good idea to start a campaign because Ubisoft is pretty dimwitted for not advertising and then they complain no one will buy it. More people buying it=more good games like it in the future.

fitzokoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fitzokoli
Member since 2005 • 3236 Posts

Big fan of Suda 51, preordered this game a while ago paid full price, $54.48..Even have pics of my receipt, i apologize though my camera isnt the best.. :)

DSCN0655.jpg picture by Fitzokoli

DSCN0650.jpg picture by Fitzokoli

l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 l8bitz

I dont get why people get border line offended when someone wants to start a campaign.sonic_rusher

I get the feeling that people feel like I'm offended all the time because of how my Avatar looks :P

I know that I am not being forced to buy anything and I also understand that these campaigns are set up to spread around information and not to intimedate people to buy certain games. What concerns me though is that you may be doing this because you feel like somehow this will effect the overall standing and future of the Wii console, which to me is a fanboyish thing to do. Don't get me wrong, I like the Wii, I just don't like people choicing an afiliation with a console as opposed to just enjoying anything that is fun.

lol I'm sorry if I have offended anyone. Also I find it interesting that my "Thanx but no thanx" reply caused so much strife.

PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 PeterPerson
Member since 2007 • 3627 Posts

what would help its sales is if it wasnt rated M.

then more parents would let the little children play.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sonic_rusher

[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]I dont get why people get border line offended when someone wants to start a campaign.l8bitz

I get the feeling that people feel like I'm offended all the time because of how my Avatar looks :P

I know that I am not being forced to buy anything and I also understand that these campaigns are set up to spread around information and not to intimedate people to buy certain games. What concerns me though is that you may be doing this because you feel like somehow this will effect the overall standing and future of the Wii console, which to me is a fanboyish thing to do. Don't get me wrong, I like the Wii, I just don't like people choicing an afiliation with a console as opposed to just enjoying anything that is fun.

lol I'm sorry if I have offended anyone. Also I find it interesting that my "Thanx but no thanx" reply caused so much strife.

It will have an effect. There are not many opportunites for third party games to prove themselves. NMH is one of them and if it fails then we lose yet another chance. As it stands right now god third party support is few and far between. Maybe you can, but I find it hard to enjoy when so many third party games are either good and they fail or they do good but they suck. RS had tons of advertising but it sucked as a game. MoH: H2 almost had zero advertising but it was a really good game. Somewhere along the line companies have to get that process in the right order.

I think your overlooking what this game can do for future games.

l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 l8bitz

sonic_rusher

Sure it would be good for the future of games on the Wii, but I'm not soley interested in games for the Wii now am I?

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Cyber-
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

l8bitz

Sure it would be good for the future of games on the Wii, but I'm not soley interested in games for the Wii now am I?

Why are you asking him what you are interested in.

If you are asking then let me tell you should be because it means much better games in case that slipped your mind.

l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 l8bitz
[QUOTE="l8bitz"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

Cyber-

If you are asking then let me tell you should be because it means much better games in case that slipped your mind.

Eh? That was a rhetorical question.

dan543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 dan543
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts
yeah I agree too. But the failure on the sells is not our fault, but Ubisoft's. Many gamer's do not know this game because they've never heard of it and that's a shame, because this game looks just fantastic (just like Zack and Wiki, what a pity). You guys have my support. I will buy the game and look forward that other gamers do too.
Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
i just got my wii and i'll be getting this game, it looks amazing, and i agree the great games on the wii need to sell better, i have a HUGE list of games that i want to get since i got my wii, i'm talking 30 games that are out now or are confirmed for this year. that's an insane number of great titles, but they deserve to be bought b/c of one reason, THEY ARE FUN!! that's the whole point of gaming, to have fun. and when a game comes out this fun, you have to buy it. can't wait til tomorrow for it.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="l8bitz"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

l8bitz

"I'm not soley interested in games for the Wii now am I? "

Eventhough buying this wouldnt JUST be about the future of Wii think about it. If this game does good then new possiblities open. Look at other games. RE4 and RE UC both did really good and already we are getting semi confirmation from different places that a new RE game is in the works and more support from Capcom.

Your point is kinda failing from every way you look at it....

l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 l8bitz
[QUOTE="l8bitz"][QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="l8bitz"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

Cyber-

Eventhough buying this wouldnt JUST be about the future of Wii think about it. If this game does good then new possiblities open. Look at other games. RE4 and RE UC both did really good and already we are getting semi confirmation from different places that a new RE game is in the works and more support from Capcom.

You make no sense, and I will leave it at that. Good Day.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="l8bitz"][QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="l8bitz"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

l8bitz

LOL whatever floats your boat. What is there that does not make sense. Show me where I am not clear otherwise your just giving up on what was a pretty good discussion of where the Wii stands. If you cant defend what your saying dont blame me.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I am picking it up first thing, the only problem is wether it will ship tomarrow or be in stores?
fitzokoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 fitzokoli
Member since 2005 • 3236 Posts
[QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="l8bitz"][QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="l8bitz"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

l8bitz

Actually he's making alot of sense, Suda already spoke of having alot of interest in making a sequel to NMH...If this game does well grasshopper and marvelous might give him the greenlight to do so..More good games.

riggs61a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 riggs61a
Member since 2007 • 100 Posts

I got my wii a few weeks ago and i have to say i am very disapointed. Not in the wii itself of course because its clear this system is capable of so much more than its being used for. Granted SMG is fun yadda yadda and i love Zelda as much as the next guy, but i also rely on sports games and more mature titles to fill in the bulk of my gaming. Resident Evil is fine but i have been playing it since i was like 13, MOH is good too but its been done many many many times before, and same with metroid.

I am talking games like Assassins Creed, Bioshock, and Mass Effect on my 360. Wii is definatly lacking in terms of games for anyone over the age of 14, and from all i have seen NMHeroes seems like a very good answer to my prayers, which is why i will definatly be picking this up and hoping plenty of you do as well so that good, creative, and more original games are brought to the wii when developers see that there is a market for games without an Italian Plumber, Blue Hedgehog on speed, or some other sort of cuddly feel good character on the cover.

cloudyvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cloudyvisions
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts

From the videos I've seen this game looks pretty awesome, so I'm going to be picking it up tomorrow! Or is it Wednesday? Either way, this and Endless Ocean will keep me busy until SSBB!

dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

sonic_rusher

No

Not even close

What is it then?

probably like a 1000. and only a few of themwould actually by the game

jznj03yjzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jznj03yjzn
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts
what the hell is NMH?! dont abbreviate unless you tell the full name first
bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bowserjr123

what the hell is NMH?! dont abbreviate unless you tell the full name firstjznj03yjzn

No More Heroes

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

While I believe the intentions and the meaning of this thread are noble, I also see a few things that, to be honest, I don't agree with. Regardless of how well No More Heroes sell or doesn't sell, I don't think it's going to make as big of an impact as people seem to be claiming it's going to make. It's either going to be another surprising success or another expected flop, and both of those thing HAVE happened in this industry before with no major effect. The thing is, while we gamers can, do, and will make recommendations to each other about games, we don't see campaigns for every fresh idea, and nor should we. It's just as important for publishers and developers to advertise their own games in order to give them the best possible chance at success, and when it comes to games like this, a lot of publishers tend to do a poor job at it.

Case in point, I haven't seen an advertisment for this game in any form anywhere. What does Ubisoft expect to get out of this game is beyond me with such a concept. The average non-hardcore consumer isn't going to pay $50 for a game they have no idea about, and that's the game's biggest problem at the moment. Unless you're going to go out on an all-country tour and try to endorse the game yourself, I'm not sure how helpful something like this can actually be. Most people here probably already know what they're going to do in regards of this game anyway, and if not, chances are by the time they see a review or two, the deal will be sealed. Also, I'm kind of tired of this whole "Wii owners are hurting themselves for not buying third party games thing" because I don't think that entirely the case. With the cost of most things video game related being quite expensive, most people can't afford to get everything they see. Therefore, they get what they trust. From the Wii side of things, there haven't been that many games outside of first party efforts that have given people any reason to take risks. If NMH is as great as some want it to be, it will help, but once again, it's up to the publishers and developers to create that sense of trust with the consumers themselves.

The last thing I want to mention is that I truly believe that there is no secret to creating a successful third-party Wii game, as there have been games that have already done so (like RE4, for instance, which could have been a dust collector as well, considering it's a last-gen game). If there is a "secret," it would fall along the lines of taking advantage of the hardware, making the best game possible, advertising it properly, and hoping for the best. It boggles the mind when I see developers so nervous to make a game for the system when most of the games haven't even made good use of the system's potential to begin with. When that lazy mentality starts to change, I'm sure sales will improve to justify it. There is always going to be a great game that doesn't sell on EVERY system, regardless of how well it's doing, but that shouldn't stop developers from taking a gamble here and there.

ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#50 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts
i'll get but busy with games at this moment