How is Ocarina of Time better than Twilight Princess?

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#101 sonic_rusher
Member since 2007 • 2185 Posts

This is a bit of a loaded question as I will follow up with another.

I was just wondering what aspects should be carried over or brought back to the Zelda game series for the new Zelda release.

I have my problems with both games, but they both had aspects that I enjoyed.

One thing is for sure, I hope the 'companion' or 'guide' character isn't like Navi or Midna.

_Devastator

I think what people mean is that Oot is better for it's time. OoT was so good, its hard for the developers to improve upon such an awesome game. Its arguedthat Oot is stille the best game of all time.

Felmo_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 Felmo_07
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts
I dont know how old everyone is on this forum but i am 21 and first played Oot on my 64 when i was 12.Some people on this forum are most likely not as old as i am but if u played Oot on the 64 instead of the VC then u will understand just how much better Oot was.
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

Taken from an older post.

If you think Ocarina of Time has better music

OOT has WWWAAYY better music then TP. Could any tell the difference between the wolf songs?

If you think Ocarina of Time had better Gameplay

There gameplay is pretty much the same. The only difference is that you can slash guys while on the horse.

If you think Ocarina of Time was longer

There about the same but Ocarina never had soo much back tracking as TP has.

You think the story in Ocarina of Time is better?

I can't even remember the story in TP and I beat it a month ago. Something about a dark world and saving Zelda. Not going to lie but ooT did it way better.

You think Ocarina of Time has better replay value.

There pretty much the same at this level.

JLAudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 JLAudio7
Member since 2007 • 2729 Posts
It's not. Twilight is the superior game. People say they like OoT better because it was more influential and impressive at release and they also have fond memories from 10 years ago. Other than that, TP is definately better.Rocky32189
That would be me;). OoT also had a great soundtrack. Twilight Princess is superior to OoT in just about everything, but as far as who will last the test of time, i think that would go to OoT.
blackstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 blackstar
Member since 2004 • 1252 Posts
OoT was more revolutionary for its time than TP.
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts

How can people be saying that TP had a better storyline than OoT? I know I say this all the time, but in TP Link was a non-character. I never felt like Link was a hero or that he was anything more than a grunt to do the work of Midna. Don't get me wrong, the whole twilight/Midna story was good, but they left so much out of it. The Ganondorf story felt tacked on. And what the hell happened to the triforce? They all acted like it didn't exist.

OoT had a far better story. Even better still was the WW story. Dang that was good.

AlphaMaxima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 AlphaMaxima
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts

How can people be saying that TP had a better storyline than OoT? I know I say this all the time, but in TP Link was a non-character. I never felt like Link was a hero or that he was anything more than a grunt to do the work of Midna. Don't get me wrong, the whole twilight/Midna story was good, but they left so much out of it. The Ganondorf story felt tacked on. And what the hell happened to the triforce? They all acted like it didn't exist.

OoT had a far better story. Even better still was the WW story. Dang that was good.

Arc2012

Maybe it's just me, but isn't TP's storyline a lot like Majora's Mask? I can see many similarities between the two. I think Nintendo should of been more innovative and different for it's next gen game.

glitchesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 glitchesofwar
Member since 2007 • 356 Posts

ocarina of time was a classic. i could still play it to this day. it sucked you into its world and took you on a mesmering ride. you felt more closeness with the characters. the story behind ocarina was excellent, it set the mood for the game. twilight princess was good. i liked it, but it was missing something.newkid69

Could NOT agree with you more. TP definitely was lacking something wheras Ocarina just had it all and then some.

ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#109 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts
ocarina so muchbetterin so many ways
ruudi86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ruudi86
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts

I've just read through a bulk of this thread and seen some pretty heated debate on the topic! I owned an N64 and, at the time, Ocarina of Time basically consumed my every thought...it was the first time I'd ever encountered an RPG, and really got sucked in - so much so that when I played the game, I would almost feel as if I was Link, sharing his highs and lows and occasionally fishing when it all got too much!

..now, I first played a Wii about a year ago and tried my hand at Wii Sports (..naturally) and TP - and I found the controls for it a little hard to get used to (probably, in retrospect, because I'd only been playing Wii for about 15mins at this point) - I have since 'invested' in a Wii and would like to know:

a) What is the control system like in TP?

b) Leaving comparisons to Ocarina of Time at the door for a moment, is TP going to take me to 'that place' if I buy it?

Cheers :)

HyruleSage89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 HyruleSage89
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts

Well in OOC, there were more dungeons and some of them were more challenging than the ones in TP but I still can't decide.

Kudos for OOC's long story line and dungeons

Kudos for TP's awsome graphics and new weapons

chronoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 chronoboy
Member since 2005 • 448 Posts

It is unbelievable this thread is so long, the argument is void! The answer is so obvious Im not going to bother give my opinion- as someone else said if you played OOT on the N64 you will know which is better. Majoras Mask is a million times better as well!

Thankyou

HyruleSage89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 HyruleSage89
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts

Well in OOC, there were more dungeons and some of them were more challenging than the ones in TP but I still can't decide.

Kudos for OOC's long story line and dungeons

Kudos for TP's awsome graphics and new weapons

HyruleSage89

Crap I cant believe I mispelled OOT with OOC x_x

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

I dont know how old everyone is on this forum but i am 21 and first played Oot on my 64 when i was 12.Some people on this forum are most likely not as old as i am but if u played Oot on the 64 instead of the VC then u will understand just how much better Oot was.Felmo_07

That shouldn't effect whether the game is better or not. You, like many here, are looking at nostalgia factor instead of the actualgames side by side. This question isn't about whether OoT was better for its time or if it has more lasting power. This is a blunt question of which is better. If both were released today, which would you think is the better game?

bobbymcbobob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 bobbymcbobob
Member since 2007 • 253 Posts

It is unbelievable this thread is so long, the argument is void! The answer is so obvious Im not going to bother give my opinion- as someone else said if you played OOT on the N64 you will know which is better. Majoras Mask is a million times better as well!

Thankyou

chronoboy
you'll start an argument by saying MM is better than TP... personally i don't agree, coz i think they're like two completely different games. OOTand Tp are comparable but MM is like an outsider... That said, MM is better than TP, but if you're also implying it was better than OOT... well i'll assume you're not and spare you my wrath...
chronoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 chronoboy
Member since 2005 • 448 Posts
lol no MM is NOT better than OOT
meinink2y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 meinink2y
Member since 2007 • 657 Posts
The story and characters are the main things that set OoT above TP, though really it's almost too close to call. Top 2 games of all time.
Turethir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Turethir
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts

Add me to the group who thinks OoT is better than TP. I enjoyed both games, but OoT has to take the cake for me. A lot of the time when I was playing TP, I felt like it was more of a chore. Every time I finished a dungeon, it seemed like 10 minutes before I entered the next one. The world didn't seem alive, didn't seem to breathe. I cared much more about the characters in OoT than I ever did in TP.

Don't get me wrong, I did like Midna's character, but I felt that the world of TP seemed rather bland and barren compared to OoT's. There were large areas of land with no sidequests, which you just rode through on Epona and never stopped to look at. With OoT it felt like there was a secret hidden around every corner.

As for feeling heroic, I felt that way in both games. The shock of going out into OoT's Market for the first time as adult Link was amazing, and I actually felt angry at what had happened...showing that I really did care about the characters. But the game in which I felt the most affected by the characters' situations was another one entirely...Majora's Mask. I think MM and OoT compliment each other perfectly, and I would say both are better than TP, even though TP was still a good game.