How do you feel about letting other people use your DS?

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ta11on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ta11on
Member since 2007 • 784 Posts

I never want my brothers to use my DS. They each have their own, and get them taken away a lot, so then they want to play mine. They get into my room and take it without asking, and even take my games. This gets me PO the most. And whenever I get it back, the screen is usually very dirty and scratched. No, I lied. The thing that really angers me is when I get my games back and I find one of my save files deleted, that just makes me want to kill them!

It's not as bad when one of my friends use my DS, even though I usually keep a good eye on them. My friends are really unreliable, and would jack my DS any day. I never let my friends borrow games any more. I let one friend borrow Urbs Sims in the City and Resident Evil DS, and I never got them back, that punk!

How do you feel about letting someone else use your DS? Are you over protective for your DS, or do you even care?

How about letting people borrow your games?

jasonb619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 jasonb619
Member since 2005 • 300 Posts
I get hesitant because I think they will mess it up or scratch the screen lol
Galadreil782

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Galadreil782
Member since 2007 • 3027 Posts
For my DS, I dont like people just borrowing it. But say me and a friend are hanging out at my house, then sure they can play it while we are there. And for games, I only let certain people borrow my games. Like my cousin or my best friend, people I know I can trust and who wont do something stupid.
Hikaru_Isamu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 Hikaru_Isamu
Member since 2005 • 148 Posts
I hate it. For some reason, all of my friends think that, in order to use the touch screen, you have to thrust at it with full force. Also, it sounds like you need some better friends. I let my friends borrow games all the time. The worst that happens is I get it late.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
Hand sweat + chance of scratching screen = No Bueno
shelbyram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shelbyram
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts

My boyfriend plays mine all the time, but its usually only to play Brain Age or Prof. Layton. That doesn't bother me.

His sister comes over and wants to play it, and we're the same age, but I get really testy whenever she asks me if she can do her Brain Age. Probably because I'm like the most selfish person ever. Plus, she calls the DS by another name, a wrong name, and thinks its hilarious which REALLY irritates me.

I can't think of what she calls it, but it's annoying.

Yeah, I'm kind of a selfish jerk. Heh.

mlisette23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 mlisette23
Member since 2004 • 354 Posts
Well I'm really overprotective of my stuff so everytime one of my friends ask to use my ds I make sure to keep an eye on them, though I have gotten better at not being so paranoid about them possibly scratching the touch screen. With games it kind of depends on the person, I once let someone borrow FFX and guide, I had to finally ask for it back, which they weren't too happy about and they would have probably kept the guide if I hadn't asked for it.
evangelistc01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 evangelistc01
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I bought my (original) DS recently from my step bro for $20 bucks. All that's wrong with it is a broken hinge, and even though I could get it repaired, costs are expensive enough where I'd rather buy a whole new DS when need be. If someone goofs around my DS, I don't care as long as it's their game. Unlike the gamecube fore example, where'd all you have to do is swap a memory card for profiles, DS's and their cards don't have that option. I'm to paranoid someone is going to play my file and mess something up - especially with history and record information at stake.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I don't mind. After nearly 3 years, my DS Phat is a little beat up.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
My brother used to be a right terror, handprints everywhere. Fortunately he's learnt how to save his own files and only save on his own and not use mine. He learnt the hard way after he erased his own progress...now he knows better.
furior_celtica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 furior_celtica
Member since 2008 • 100 Posts
I would never let my have a DS, but I'd let her play. But other than that, I hate people that want to be your friend for 10 minutes and play your DS. People that watch over your shoulder when you are playing a especially annoying. In our group, they are called screen lookers, and they are the reason I don't bring handhelds to school.
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
I don't mind. The only people that even ask to play my DS are reliable. My only peeve is when people play on my save file. I hate that. I get so anxious and always look over their shoulder to make sure that their not doing something dumb and then saving.
bluesora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bluesora
Member since 2005 • 160 Posts

im ok with it ( all my friends that ask are trust worthy)

the only thing i dun like is that ds doesnt have its own mem card like everything else. ukno... just incase a file gets deleted

noirsake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 noirsake
Member since 2005 • 241 Posts
Well I would be willing to let my friends play my Phat, but since I am selling it, I don't wanna take the chance of them putting a fatty scratch on it. Oh, I'm selling it because I got a DS Lite this previous Sunday. I won't let them touch my Lite until it has some wear on it (which will be a while). I will let a few people play certain games on it that are like not ultra stabby and such. I've seen some people's DS's touch screen that is like shattered and I don't want that to happen to mine.
sakuranoame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sakuranoame
Member since 2006 • 322 Posts

I usually have the necessary protective gears on if my friends want to use mine.

But I'm not too worried when they use mine, since most of them are careful with my stuff.

beefdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 beefdog
Member since 2004 • 9185 Posts
The only person id let use my ds is my best friend dan and my brother.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
No way, forget about it, uh uh. I gave my old phat ds to my mums but nobody touches my lite but moi. If my fiance ever gets the desire to play I'll buy her her own ds lite.
vickersfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 vickersfan
Member since 2005 • 895 Posts
i bare my teeth and growl with vicious intent. does that explain how i feel about it?
Envig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Envig
Member since 2004 • 819 Posts

I never want my brothers to use my DS. They each have their own, and get them taken away a lot, so then they want to play mine. They get into my room and take it without asking, and even take my games. This gets me PO the most. And whenever I get it back, the screen is usually very dirty and scratched. No, I lied. The thing that really angers me is when I get my games back and I find one of my save files deleted, that just makes me want to kill them!

It's not as bad when one of my friends use my DS, even though I usually keep a good eye on them. My friends are really unreliable, and would jack my DS any day. I never let my friends borrow games any more. I let one friend borrow Urbs Sims in the City and Resident Evil DS, and I never got them back, that punk!

How do you feel about letting someone else use your DS? Are you over protective for your DS, or do you even care?

ta11on

Dude they stole from you? Harsh!

Well anyways, I take good care of my handheld so usually if I let someone else play on it, I know they take care of it too. Like I wouldn't just someone in school try it out. But maybe if they were in my class but still. Ahh it's a little confusing but anyways...

I guess I would be fine if I lend some of my games for friends to play.. As long as I get them back in the shape they were in before..

vickersfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 vickersfan
Member since 2005 • 895 Posts
[QUOTE="ta11on"]

Envig

Dude they stole from you? Harsh!

Well anyways, I take good care of my handheld so usually if I let someone else play on it, I know they take care of it too. Like I wouldn't just someone in school try it out. But maybe if they were in my class but still. Ahh it's a little confusing but anyways...

I guess I would be fine if I lend some of my games for friends to play.. As long as I get them back in the shape they were in before..

YOU LEND GAMZ??? i NEVA do that anymore cuz i NEVA get em back! why must the torment me so...
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts

Most of my mates don't know how to use a DS without stabbing the screen so I never let them lend my DS lite but I lend them my old DS to play with for a couple of months

As for my brother I never lend him anything, I once let him play my Advance Wars game and told him NOT TO SAVE IT. Got it back and my save was deleted :evil:

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
eww gross, with all that dirst and grime on your hands? No...no one touches my DS jk :P I do let people play my DS, but I tell em to be careful (like anyone would say). The best games to let people play in my case are New Super Mario Bros, Super Mario 64 DS, and Mario Kart DS because they don't require much touch and are easier to understand than say Metroid Prime: Hunters.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#23 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
I don't let people play my handhelds, only me.
Tailscoolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tailscoolio
Member since 2006 • 443 Posts

My cousins always want to play on mine, but i'm way to overprotective and get really annoyed if they touch it with their fingers, which is kind of a dumbass thing as they have their own and should know better.

Although, after mistreating their DS's for over 2 years there's so much smudge and scratches on their DS i don't know how they can see anything. So obviously i try to keep the borrowing to a minimum and prefer playing multiplayer rather than let them play single-player...

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Nobody but me touches my DS. Unless they want to buy me a game.... Its kinda like the " you cant drive my car unless you buy me gas" principal. :lol:
edwardorito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 edwardorito
Member since 2007 • 574 Posts
i'm fine W/it bcuz i hve a case
joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
i dont mind, just as long as their hands are clean.
Sorreltail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sorreltail
Member since 2008 • 293 Posts
I never let anyone touch my DS .. apart from close friends.
Rooster44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Rooster44
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts
I feel this way with my PSP and DS, I think when i get a job Ill sell both of em to my brother and then get new ones with screen protecters and the whole bit, also my sister bent the metal inside my PSP, it still works and all its just annoying.
getfreaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 getfreaky
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts
I really2 hate it...Not a single chance.
snicker92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 snicker92
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts
I have a younger sibling who goes in my room and takes mine and all my games without asking, and once broke mine. Good thing I was able to get it replaced but now I never let anyone use my DS.
hobobski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hobobski
Member since 2007 • 168 Posts

i only lend games to friends (and then only ones I'm well done with)

And no one EVER plays my DS; except once, when my cousin wouldn't let me play his console unless he couldsplay my DS, Jerk...)

Plus, I go berserk when my DS gets dirt on it, and god help whoever scratches it......

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#33 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts
My bro, My dad... Thats IT!
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
I only let my brother use my DS,and I'm usually fine with it,although there are still times where I fear he may break it.I sometimes joke around by telling him,"You break it,you owe me a new one."
Turbo_Burdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Turbo_Burdo
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts

And no one EVER plays my DS; except once, when my cousin wouldn't let me play his console unless he couldsplay my DS, Jerk...)

Plus, I go berserk when my DS gets dirt on it, and god help whoever scratches it......

hobobski

FYI, if you call your cousin a jerk then you're a hyprocrite. If you wanted to play my console then I would expect you to let me play yours.

ninjavelmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ninjavelmor
Member since 2004 • 1053 Posts
I don't have any yonger siblins, so thats something i really don't have to worry about. I let my g/f play my DS all the time, i have both the original and the lite, so we switch from time to time, and i let my close friends play it.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#37 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Under no circumstances do i lend any one my video games. They can play my games or systems if i'm present, but i won't let them take anything with them.

So if it trust them, i'll let most people play my ds

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#38 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

(A)And no one EVER plays my DS; except once, when my cousin wouldn't let me play his console unless he couldsplay my DS, Jerk...)

(B)Plus, I go berserk when my DS gets dirt on it, and god help whoever scratches it......

hobobski

A) Double standards FTL

B) I'm with you 100%

metalkitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 metalkitten
Member since 2004 • 9249 Posts

since i got a fat one and a lite i let anyone borrow my fat as long as they want or use it to play multiplayer with me

i do let people play my lite too but only when im around, im not worried it will be harmed since i had it for years and use it everyday and it has never been harmed, but since i do use it everyday i dont lend it out for long

as for games it depends, if the game only have one save file i dont lend it out, and if its one of several games im playing at the moment i dont lend it out either

i guess im kinda possessive but at same time i love the ds and to make people i know fall in love with it too, so i lend and let them try

omishboy4831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 omishboy4831
Member since 2008 • 180 Posts
I like to get a million dollar ds scratch insurance so that any scratches allow me to collect on it. I asked my insurance company about it but they have not returned on it yet so I have not lent it out yet:P
omishboy4831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 omishboy4831
Member since 2008 • 180 Posts
I'd like to get a million dollar ds scratch insurance so that any scratches allow me to collect on it. I asked my insurance company about it but they have not returned on it yet so I have not lent it out yet:P
meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts
I just ask my friends to be careful, and they are, cause if they dont,we... they know that gonna i pwn their faces to the ground.:P
duckdude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 duckdude64
Member since 2006 • 2052 Posts

i dont care if my frineds play my ds because they all have one and know now to scatch the screen

but playing my games on my save file i hate i dont like it when someone will play my game and beat a boss i dont care if they run around and fight but i like to beat the main stuff myself

Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
I never let anyone use my DS, maybe my friends but they have theirs.
hobobski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hobobski
Member since 2007 • 168 Posts
[QUOTE="hobobski"]

Turbo_Burdo

FYI, if you call your cousin a jerk then you're a hyprocrite. If you wanted to play my console then I would expect you to let me play yours.

yes, but he was already playing on a different DS and had acsess to other stuff, plus hes not the most respectful guy when it comes to property.

on an entirely different note I never ever ever let my brother use mine because his is covered in so many pockmarks it looks like the friggin' moon, hes dropped it on the cement 4/5 times already, wood 7-10, carpet 10000...

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

Most people seem to be OCD about their DS, me included.

My Brother destroyed my DS' phats touch screen. No response to stylus at all. Now I have the crimson black ds lite, and no one is allowed to touch that. Especially since it gets fingerprints easily

shaymew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 shaymew
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts
i hate when others(except my cousin hunter) use my Ds.
Avatar image for UltimateXShadow
UltimateXShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 UltimateXShadow
Member since 2005 • 2312 Posts
I am very selfish and do not let anyone play my DS. I don't want them to damage it or get it dirty. In fact, I literally always wash my hands before playing it.
JGram33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JGram33
Member since 2003 • 206 Posts
i never let anyone play it or borrow my games. i usually make up a bunch of lies why they cant borrow it or the battery is dead or something along those lines.
JGram33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JGram33
Member since 2003 • 206 Posts
POST #100. this is a very special event. i've been coming to this site for over 10 years now, but only started posting a few months ago. i am happy to finally reach post 100, and i wanted to leave it on a ds forum since the ds is now my most current system (ut my ps2 is still my fav).