Guitar hero - Hard

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cmv130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 cmv130
Member since 2007 • 50 Posts
How many of you have beaten the game on Hard? I think its tuff... I gotta get used to that frikkin orange button!! I just beat the game on Easy, but I cant beat lou on Medium... lol
kingdomhartfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kingdomhartfan
Member since 2007 • 763 Posts
I haven't beaten Guitar Hero on hard because I just got it for Christmas, but my brother tried doing it and its pretty tough.:)
Genexi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Genexi2
Member since 2005 • 3110 Posts
I beat Hard no problem. Currently stuck on Raining Blood's Mosh1 on expert. -.-
jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts
i havent beaten it yet cuz im on expert. i cant finish cuz my hdtv. gh3 is laggy on my hdtv
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
I've been stuck on the Japan tier onhard for a while.
vitomanez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 vitomanez
Member since 2005 • 1581 Posts
Just got it for christmas, and i beat it on hard, almost beat it on expert now...so its close....yes i play too much
Warplane11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Warplane11
Member since 2007 • 226 Posts
beat it on hard can't beat any of the songs on the final playlist on expert, stupid mosh 1
vitomanez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vitomanez
Member since 2005 • 1581 Posts
i havent beaten it yet cuz im on expert. i cant finish cuz my hdtv. gh3 is laggy on my hdtvjdiamnz69
Calibrate the lag. It works awesome :D
jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts
i did but it always changes and never stays the same....but somehow i still beat the slash battle and im past it
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I haven't beaten Guitar Hero on hard because I just got it for Christmas, but my brother tried doing it and its pretty tough.:)kingdomhartfan

At first I read that as "but my brother died trying it" and I laughed because I wouldn't doubt it. ;)

I beat it on Hard a couple weeks ago. It just takes a lot of practice. Like I've said before, eight-hour marathons are your friend. If the center of your vision isn't constantly scrolling down even after you've quit playing, then you haven't played long enough.

But get ready to get extremely pissed off. I'm an easy-going guy, and I got intensely frustrated several times on some songs and especially on the last boss. I felt like breaking something. Anything. Many things. Everything. But I only went so far as to punch my bed a couple times. There are more important things to get violent about.

It's not the type of game you can get good at overnight. It takes hours of training which usually add up to weeks or months for most people. Just don't quit. Force yourself to keep playing the songs you suck at, and eventually you'll get it. Then you can show off your skills online, just to realize that many people are still much, much better than you are. :(

metroid6606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 metroid6606
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts
A couple of days ago I beat Lou on medium and I am having trouble with hard as well. But with Some practice I was able to beat Slow Ride and Hit Me With Your Best Shot.
Maxned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Maxned
Member since 2007 • 623 Posts

I beat Hard no problem. Currently stuck on Raining Blood's Mosh1 on expert. -.-Genexi2

I know i hate that song! so damn hard... i like Cliffs of dover and One tho.

Avatar image for VideoGameCritic
VideoGameCritic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 VideoGameCritic
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i cant pass One after it speeds up. And i cant pass the mosh in Raining blood. I passed Iron maiden with 78% and cliffs of dover is easy
bigcalkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 bigcalkenobi
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts
I can't beat before I forget. I got all the way to taht and have ben stuck on it for weeks. Everything else is pretty much beatable, I can even beat some of the final tier songs(through quickplay), but I cant beat before I forget its really tough.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JordanElek

And i cant pass the mosh in Raining blood. VideoGameCritic

Try focusing on one repeating part of the ridiculousness. If you consistently hit a set of pull-offs each time they pop up, you'll pass the section easily. You don't need to hit all the notes if you're just looking to pass the song. At least that worked on Hard... I haven't gotten there on Expert yet.

Genexi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Genexi2

At least that worked on Hard... I haven't gotten there on Expert yet.

JordanElek

It's twice as fast on expert.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JordanElek
[QUOTE="JordanElek"]At least that worked on Hard... I haven't gotten there on Expert yet.Genexi2

It's twice as fast on expert.

Are they the same notes, though? Or roughly the same pattern, I guess. Bah, I'd have to actually play it on Expert to really know what I'm talking about. :evil:

Raining Blood is my least favorite song of the whole tracklist. Some of it is just so random, especially at the end. It's not a good song, and it's not fun to play.

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
Its really hard on GH3. Much more harder than it was in GH2
Genexi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Genexi2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sKkqPrMWhIQ

1:16 is when Mosh1 starts on that recorded vid for Expert.

waza000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 waza000
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts
having problems on medium ... still missing One and the last battle
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JordanElek
Thanks, Genexi2. I'd probably focus on the string of pull-offs on the first four frets and try to nail each one. That should keep your gauge high enough to get through that part.
tobenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tobenator
Member since 2005 • 3777 Posts
Beat it a few days ago. Got it for Chrismas, and beat it pretty quick. Pretty happy with the difficulty though. Moving on to expert now.. final boss should be a tough boss battle for sure... Freakin took me 10 trys on hard anyways.
Genexi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Genexi2

Thanks, Genexi2. I'd probably focus on the string of pull-offs on the first four frets and try to nail each one. That should keep your gauge high enough to get through that part.JordanElek

Heh, I've tried all the stratedgies for it, can't get above 60% notes hit in practice, it's just so damn fast....

grim653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 grim653
Member since 2005 • 440 Posts
man if you think hard is hard wait until you get to expert i am stuck on raining blood so good luck my man
Avatar image for darthvadardroid
darthvadardroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 darthvadardroid
Member since 2005 • 69 Posts
I'm stuck on nights of cydonia on hard, just can't get past the chorus:(
monkey2go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 monkey2go
Member since 2004 • 3760 Posts
I beat it on hard the only thing that gave me a hard time was raining bloods mosh part its stupid
trumpettruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 trumpettruck
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

i'm not a big fan of raining blood

the solos and such have no real flow or line... just a bunch of random thrashings on a guitar

oh yeh... i'm stuck on it for expert :( lol

i also haven't been able to beat Lou on Hard yet... although i haven't tried in a long time... perhaps beating all the other expert songs will make that easy

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JordanElek

i also haven't been able to beat Lou on Hard yet... although i haven't tried in a long time... perhaps beating all the other expert songs will make that easytrumpettruck

It was actually the opposite for me. Beating Lou helped me get much better at songs on Expert. The practice you get with hammer-ons trying to beat Lou is great.

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts

I just need to beat One, Number of the Beast, and Raining Blood, but they're all so impossible. D: (well, maybe not Number of the Beast)

And I doubt I'll be able to beat Lou afterwards either..

But in other news, I'm on Tier 7 in Expert!

Skie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Skie7
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts

I'm working my way through on hard. I'm on the level with Black Sunshine and Metal. I have 3 stars on every song I've beat. Some songs I think I could go back and 4 star now that I'm a little more used to the orange button, but it's the songs that make you hop back and forth constantly that I have the most difficulty with.

The thing I don't really like about the game is the boss battles. It doesn't really matter how well you do, it only matters how good the power ups you get are. I also wish there was a non-battle version of The Devil Went Down to Georgia.

youxknowitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 youxknowitt
Member since 2006 • 217 Posts

i havent beaten it yet cuz im on expert. i cant finish cuz my hdtv. gh3 is laggy on my hdtvjdiamnz69

its called options, calibrate lag...

youxknowitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 youxknowitt

[QUOTE="kingdomhartfan"]I haven't beaten Guitar Hero on hard because I just got it for Christmas, but my brother tried doing it and its pretty tough.:)JordanElek

At first I read that as "but my brother died trying it" and I laughed because I wouldn't doubt it. ;)

I beat it on Hard a couple weeks ago. It just takes a lot of practice. Like I've said before, eight-hour marathons are your friend. If the center of your vision isn't constantly scrolling down even after you've quit playing, then you haven't played long enough.

But get ready to get extremely pissed off. I'm an easy-going guy, and I got intensely frustrated several times on some songs and especially on the last boss. I felt like breaking something. Anything. Many things. Everything. But I only went so far as to punch my bed a couple times. There are more important things to get violent about.

It's not the type of game you can get good at overnight. It takes hours of training which usually add up to weeks or months for most people. Just don't quit. Force yourself to keep playing the songs you suck at, and eventually you'll get it. Then you can show off your skills online, just to realize that many people are still much, much better than you are. :(

hahah im a bed puncher too!

im on the 2nd or 3rd tier on expert now... i need money!!! i wanna buy some awesome clothes and characters...

youxknowitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 youxknowitt

[QUOTE="VideoGameCritic"] And i cant pass the mosh in Raining blood. JordanElek

Try focusing on one repeating part of the ridiculousness. If you consistently hit a set of pull-offs each time they pop up, you'll pass the section easily. You don't need to hit all the notes if you're just looking to pass the song. At least that worked on Hard... I haven't gotten there on Expert yet.

build up your starpwer, and bust it at the mosh section. the bonus should keep you up. and its basically maddd pull offs...for hard at least.

Scappydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Scappydude
Member since 2007 • 64 Posts
i beat the game on expert in just 2 days lmao its not that hard
Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
i beat the game on expert in just 2 days lmao its not that hardScappydude
Thats so much crap.... I find it even hard to believe you beat the game on expert in 2 days, but to say its easy, is completely falsifying the definition of expert. Unless, it was Sarcasm.
GibsonGuy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 GibsonGuy1
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts
I've only done (and beat) expert :)
Scappydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Scappydude
Member since 2007 • 64 Posts

LOL i kno mad sarcasm!

i beat in 5-6 days

with maad difficulty beating lou! lmao

darthmario123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#38 darthmario123
Member since 2007 • 313 Posts
I am stuck on Lou on my hard career and I am stuck on Holiday in cambodia on my expert career.
xxxBravo_3xxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xxxBravo_3xxx
Member since 2006 • 469 Posts
I beat everything on expert except through the Fire and the Flames i only got 81%
xxxBravo_3xxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xxxBravo_3xxx
Member since 2006 • 469 Posts

[QUOTE="Scappydude"]i beat the game on expert in just 2 days lmao its not that hardEndlessPunisher
Thats so much crap.... I find it even hard to believe you beat the game on expert in 2 days, but to say its easy, is completely falsifying the definition of expert. Unless, it was Sarcasm.

...I beat it in 1 and a half on expert, it's really not that hard except for TtFatF

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JordanElek

[QUOTE="Scappydude"]i beat the game on expert in just 2 days lmao its not that hardEndlessPunisher

Well, GH3 isn't everybody's first GH game. It probably wouldn't be that hard if you've been a fan of the game since the original.

gdae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gdae
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts

I've been stuck on the Japan tier onhard for a while.Rocky32189

me too! I already beat it in easy(way too easy), on medium(way to easy) in hard i am stuck in japan...im preety advanced in expert

Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts

[QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"][QUOTE="Scappydude"]i beat the game on expert in just 2 days lmao its not that hardJordanElek

Well, GH3 isn't everybody's first GH game. It probably wouldn't be that hard if you've been a fan of the game since the original.

Meh Ive been playing it since GH2, I guess its possible for some people to have like played the other ones non stop, and be able to play this game like its a breeze through expert. GH3 difficulty is so much more insane from the first 2. Thats the only reason I don't seem to find it that plausible.
Decacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Decacon
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts
I've been stuck on the Japan tier onhard for a while.Rocky32189
shorty_bobert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 shorty_bobert
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts
im playing right now and i just got 325 note streak.
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

I got guitar hero for christmas, and i beat it on medium and have moved up to hard. But i am stuck on the 7th category, i think it is the japan one.

I can't beat, 3's and 7's (queens of a stone age), before i forget (slipknot) and the last one in that group (i forgret what it is called.)

What is your highest note streak? Mine is 594. On my name is Jonas-medium-perfect.

soccerslim79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 soccerslim79
Member since 2005 • 252 Posts

i beat every song on hard first try and got 4 stars

the only song that took me a while to beat was slayer

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
I beat it on Medium really easily. Hard is hard, but not that hard.... Almost beat it but stuck on some of the later songs.
pr3dator951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 pr3dator951
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts
i beat easy 100% all the songs 5 stars....beat medium 100% 3/4 of the songs 5 stars........did one song on hard like impossible!!! how do you hit the orange button? curse you orange button!!
icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
I beat it on expert 3 days after i got it. i beat hard mode the day i got it (i played it from 8pm til 2am!) and expert took me 2 days afterwards (but thats because i've been laying guitar hero since it first debuted in 2005 and i'm an avid die hard guitar hero fan). Raining blood is VERY tricky to get by HOWEVER! As long as you can go OBYR (orange blue yellow red) and then BYRG fast enough, mosh is no probelm. But remember, get all the star power that shows up and try to been in the green before you get up to Mosh. Once you get to mosh DO NOT use your star power until you reach red (not blinking) or lower yellow on your rock meter. the song is cake afterwards (compared to mosh). The only song i'm stuck on isthrough the fires and flames on expert.BTW, i'm open to any and all challenges. just PM me.