Famitsu Monster Hunter 3 Review Score 40/40

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]Famitsu gives perfect scores to most of the games that are phenomenons in Japan, regardless of quality. Lets wait for a real review.Rocky32189

Every game Famitsu has given a perfect score that is released in the U.S. has scored at least AAA, a few have scored AAAA here as well.

What say you?

AAA and a perfect score are two completely different areas. If we give out a perfect score to every game the quality of Nintendogs or Monster Hunter 3, there's going to be lots of perfect scores given out. And don't you find it odd that both the latest Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter, two of the most popular series in Japan, game scored a 40/40? I think brand loyalty are certainly getting the best of them. They might as well just publish their review for Final Fantasy XIII right now. We all know what score they are going to give it.

No, it's not. "Regardless of quality" insinuates that they give perfect scores to crappy games. EVERY perfect score they have given out has been a AAA or higher title in the U.S. Regardless of your opinion on Nintendogs, it's a AAA titile, sorry to break it to you.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]Famitsu gives perfect scores to most of the games that are phenomenons in Japan, regardless of quality. Lets wait for a real review.Rocky32189

Every game Famitsu has given a perfect score that is released in the U.S. has scored at least AAA, a few have scored AAAA here as well.

What say you?

AAA and a perfect score are two completely different areas. If we give out a perfect score to every game the quality of Nintendogs or Monster Hunter 3, there's going to be lots of perfect scores given out. And don't you find it odd that both the latest Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter, two of the most popular series in Japan, game scored a 40/40? I think brand loyalty are certainly getting the best of them. They might as well just publish their review for Final Fantasy XIII right now. We all know what score they are going to give it.

sorry but your argument dies when we notice other dragon quests didnt get perfect scores, and other final fantasys didnt get perfect scores in famitsu either.how could that be?perhaps because the games were actually better this time?a bit of comon sense here.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
No, it's not. "Regardless of quality" insinuates that they give perfect scores to crappy games. EVERY perfect score they have given out has been a AAA or higher title in the U.S. Regardless of your opinion on Nintendogs, it's a AAA titile, sorry to break it to you.TaMuK711
First of all, Nintendogs is not a AAA title, although it may have scored that on Gamespot. It has an 85% review average. I don't think you realize that AAA and a perfect score are two completely different things. AAA is a very good game, while a perfect score is only given to the best games of all time. When reviewers give high-AA / low-AAA quality games perfect scores, it confuses consumers and ruins their credibility. How do I know if Monster Hunter 3 is as ground-breaking as Ocarina of Time or just good like Nintendogs? I don't know because Famitsu gave all of these games perfect scores. That is why I can't take this score, or any Famitsu review seriously.
sorry but your argument dies when we notice other dragon quests didnt get perfect scores, and other final fantasys didnt get perfect scores in famitsu either.how could that be?perhaps because the games were actually better this time?a bit of comon sense here.intro94
Or perhaps the review staff has changed over the years, just like every other gaming site/magazine. I don't think it's a coincidence that almost all of their 40/40 scores have come very recently.
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

AAA is a very good game, while a perfect score is only given to the best games of all timeRocky32189

Incorrect. GTAIV is the glaring example, as it's not even the best in the series.

Regardless, it's all down to personal opinion, however, discrediting famitsu scores just because they gave a popular japan title is ridiculous, because every perfect there scores very well over here.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]AAA is a very good game, while a perfect score is only given to the best games of all timeTaMuK711

Regardless, it's all down to personal opinion, however, discrediting famitsu scores just because they gave a popular japan title is ridiculous, because every perfect there scores very well over here.

My point still stands. How do I know if Monster Hunter 3 is as ground breaking as Ocarina of Time or it's simply a good (yet flawed) game like Nintendogs? You can't honestly believe that both these games are in the same league, do you? Yet, according Famitsu they are equal.

I don't discredit them just because all their perfect scores are given to titles that sell well and are popular among Japanese gamers. But it certainly seems like it's more than just a coincidence.

EEKman71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 EEKman71
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts

[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]AAA is a very good game, while a perfect score is only given to the best games of all timeRocky32189

My point still stands. How do I know if Monster Hunter 3 is as ground breaking as Ocarina of Time or it's simply a good (yet flawed) game like Nintendogs? You can't honestly believe that both these games are in the same league, do you? Yet, according Famitsu they are equal.

I don't discredit them just because all their perfect scores are given to titles that sell well and are popular among Japanese gamers. But it certainly seems like it's more than just a coincidence.

So the review LOSES credibility because the game its calling "perfect" also happens to be insanely popular? Could it be that perfect games also tend to be popular because you know, they are perfect and all?

I wouldnt call 11 games getting a perfect rating over the life of the publication excessive. Id go so far to say that there have been more than 11 popular games since famitsu began. Im just gonna say its a good time to be a gamer.

MHFU is in my top 3 games of all time next to games like Starcraft and Planescape:Torment. Its mind bogglingly awesome and its a friggin psp game. Now famitsu gives MH3 a 40/40? No-brainer. Done. How much convincing do you need to drop 40 bucks anyway?

striking_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 striking_
Member since 2009 • 583 Posts

Hey thats awesomre I got some friends interested in this so to hear its good is great encouragement to me.