deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

So I wanted to get some more discussion going leading up to the Nintendo 2019 E3 show.

I've included recent Switch news in addition to E3 news. Since it's going on at the same time, I see no harm in discussing recent releases and other Switch game news as well as E3 content.

https://e3.nintendo.com/

Upcoming Events:

- 6/8/19 Nintendo Competitions, start at 11 AM. Super Mario Maker 2 Invitational - 11 AM. Splatoon 2 Championship - 11:30 AM. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 2 PM. (PT)

- 6/11/19 (Tuesday) Nintendo's E3 Direct presentation. 9 AM PT.

Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Pokémon Sword and Shield are confirmed as games that will be playable on the show floor.

- June 11th-13th is the Nintendo of America Treehouse event.

- Additionally, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 will have early demos at some Best Buy stores, on Wednesday, June 12, 3 PM – 8 PM, and Saturday, June 15, 12 PM – 5 PM.

Latest News:

*Note: I am filtering for news related to Switch releases, specifically. Most of these games aren't exclusives, but information suggests they will have a Switch release.

If you find some Switch game news let me know, I'll try to update this as I can through the next couple of days.

START DIRECT SPECIFIC NEWS

- Zelda BotW's sequel had a trailer shown. The next game will be a continuation, and shows Link and Zelda traveling together through a creepy cavern with an awakening ancient being. It's unclear if the dark power reanimating it has anything to do with Ganon.

- A second SSBU character is revealed: Banjo-Kazooie! Seeong them in action, I kind of am glad they're in the game now. They launch in the Fall.

- The Pokeball Plus can be used with Pokemon Sword and Shield, but not as a controller. Instead, you can take your favorite monsters on walks with you out of the game, ala Heartgold and Soulsilver, and this can cause good things to happen.

- Astral Chain looks awesome. Story video reveals that the monsters ravaging the city can be captured to become the players' partner Legions to help fight back against them. The hold the police force has over the Legions doesn't last, however, and comes at a cost. Comes out August 30, 2019.

- It's official: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition comes to Switch later this year.

- Animal Crossing: New Horizons comes out March 20, 2020. The game focuses a lot on the outdoors and camping, as you move to a tropical island getaway. You can use a pole to jump over streams.

- Alien: Isolation is coming to Switch.

- Cadence of Hyrule launches June 13, 2019. (Thursday)

- Spyro Reignited Trilogy collects the three original PSX Spyro games, remastered. Launches September 3, 2019.

- Mario and Sonic go to the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Coming November 2019.

- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 will have tons of iconic villains, such as Hela, Doc. Octopus, Magneto and MODOK. Elektra and Ghost Rider are shown as playable characters, and the game will launch with a season pass containing many additional characters from the Marvel Knights, the X-Men and the Fantastic Four.

- Contra Rogue-Ops, a brand new Contra game, features 3D graphics and a mixture of third-person, top-down and side-scrolling stages. Looks pretty awesome, and one of your characters is a panda.

- Contra Anniversary Collection is also coming to the Switch. Has 10 games and is available now!

- A remake of Panzer Dragoon is coming to Switch.

- Daemon X Machina releases September 13th.

- Travis Touchdown is back in No More Heroes 3, coming in 2020. The trailer shows him using a high-tech battle suit and his signature beam stick weapon.

- Resident Evil 5 and 6 are coming to Switch.

- More story was revealed from Fire Emblem 3 Houses' cutscenes. Apparently you started off as friends with all three royals, but are locked in a pretty bitter war with the other two now. It's suggested the kingdoms will have to work together to deal with a greater threat, though.

- Zelda: Link's Awakening remake comes out September 20, 2019. The Direct showed a new mode where you can create your own dungeons by combining together rooms from dungeons in the main game, and earn rewards for completing them. Link is shown obtaining a Fairy Bottle, which didn't exist in the original game.

- An HD remake of Trials of Mana comes out early 2020.

- Luigi's Mansion 3 has a mechanic where you can smash vacuumed items onto the floor or other enemies, and fire a plunger to yank away walls and enemy armor with. You can also create Gooigi, a slime doppelganger of Luigi controllable with the second joycon, who is immune to spikes and can walk through gates, but weak to water. It comes out sometime this year.

- A turn-based strategy rpg based off of The Dark Crystal Netflix series is being made. Will be called The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics.

- Dragon Quest XI S has a release date: September 27, 2019.

- The new SSBU character is the Hero character dfrom Dragon Quest! And in addition to the DQ11 protagonist, you can swap him for any series lead!

END DIRECT SPECIFIC NEWS

- Suda 51 is teasing news for the Switch...Could it be No More Heroes 3?

- Real MYST is coming to the Switch and will have a physical version also, releases later this year.

- Night in the Woods is ALSO getting a physical Switch release this year.

- Sonic the Hedgehog-esque Freedom Planet will also get a physical release.

- Turok 1 and 2 get a physical version later this year.

- Transistor gets a physical version on July 5, 2019.

- Space Invaders: Invincible Collection will include 6 versions of the game.

- Castlestorm 2 is coming to Switch at some point.

- Bethesda may be teasing game news for the Nintendo Direct.

- Tag-team fighter Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid has a physical version starting now.

- A beautifully-animated RPG, Cris Tales, comes out in 2020.

- Minecraft Dungeons launches in Spring 2020.

- Blaster Master Zero is getting a physical edition.

- 2D action-platformer Valfaris is coming to the Switch later this year.

- Roguelite RPG Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy comes out in 2020.

- Visual novel game One Night Stand will come to the Switch this Summer.

- FMV game Double Switch is coming to the Switch. The physical version has a reversible cover.

- THQ Nordic-published Battle Worlds: Kronos came out today. It's a hexagonal turn-based strategy game.

- A rather expensive version of Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition came out on July 11, 2019.

- Adventure Time characters are coming to Brawlhalla.

- Just Dance 2020 will be on the Switch.

- Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga will be on the Switch. It covers all 9 main Star Wars films.

- My Friend Pedro launches June 20, 2019.

- The Messenger: Picnic Panic is free DLC coming out for The Messenger, featuring daytime island levels and surfing! Comes out July 11, 2019.

- Spiritfarer will come to the Switch. You build a ferry to the afterlife in this management sim.

- Indie game Lost Words: Beyond the Page will get a Switch release, either this December or later on.

- DOOM Eternal launches November 22, 2019. It will have a collector's edition with a DOOM Slayer helmet. The game features a multiplayer mode where one person controls the slayer and two other people control a demon, in a fight to the death.

- Mobile game The Elder Scrolls: Blades will get a Switch version later this year.

- Wolfenstein Youngblood is playable in co-op, featuring the Nazi-killing twin daughters of series protagonist BJ Blaskowicz. Releases July 26, 2019.

- Gods and Monsters launches on February 25, 2020. A Ubisoft game, you play as Phoenix, who is called on by the Gods to slay monsters in a mythical adventure.

- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles will be remastered and comes out this Winter.

- Final Fantasy VIII will be getting remastered and added to the Switch, rounding out the PSX/PS2 era main series entries.

- Dragon Quest Builders 2 got a new trailer, and will have four-player co-op and feature NPC builders to rescue and the Children of Hargon to battle.

- Circuit Superstars, a top-down arcade racer influenced by modern racing games, comes to Switch next year.

- Though not that newsworthy, the latest trailer for Dragon Quest XI S reconfirms its release window for sometime this Fall.

- Square-Enix's Xbox 360 RPG The Last Remnant is available now on the Switch. It's a remaster. (I wasn't really that into this one when it originally came out, but some of you might like it.)

- Two older Romancing Saga games - Romancing Saga 3 and SaGa Scarlet Grace: Ambitions, are coming to the Switch "soon".

- Oninaki gets a release date - August 22, 2019.

- The next DLC fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be unveiled during Nintendo's Direct presentation on Tuesday.

- Rumors suggest there will either be a Contra collection or a brand new Contra title coming to the Switch.

- 198X, an 80's arcade games-inspired indie game, will hit the Switch later in the year. It features 5 different arcade games, from a classic racer, to a side-scrolling space-shooter, to a beat 'em up.

- Blasphemous, a brutal and bloody action-platformer, will get a Switch release later in the year.

- Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is getting a remastered Switch port.

- Dream Daddy: The Dad Dating Simulator is coming to the Switch.

- Yooka-Laylee is getting a sidescrolling platformer spin-off, with some top-down areas to explore as well. It's called Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair.

- Darksiders is getting a prequel on consoles, including the Switch. Darksiders Genesis.

- The Witcher 3 may be getting a Switch port. At the very least, people have been questioning whether Switch owners want a port, and whether it would be possible to port to the Switch.

- SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom is getting a remake on consoles, including the Switch. Full title is SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated.

- Several DnD PC RPGs are getting console port treatment. Baldur's Gate 1 & 2; Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale; and Neverwinter Nights are all coming to console in digital and physical packages, all enhanced editions with even a bit of extra content.

- As KBFloyd mentioned in another topic, Dead By Daylight will be getting a Switch port in September. So, that should be a fun asymmetrical game for horror movie fans. Will be adding the Ghost Face Killer from the Scream movies.

- And of course Pokémon Sword and Shield had its big Nintendo Direct the other day, and launches on November 15th. It'll feature an overworld between cities with a controllable camera and Pokémon that you walk into to initiate battles, as well as a giant battle mechanic and raid battles.

- There may be some sales on the eShop in the coming week also. Be on lookout!

How's everyone feeling about the Nintendo presentation this year? I think I already have a ton to look forward to, so any further surprises would just be extra at this point.

What are your expectations? Any crazy predictions or hopes for the showing?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22378 Posts

Really looking forward to it... not expecting heaps of surprises this direct, mainly showing updates for what we already know for 2019 releases (which is fine by me). Mainly looking forward to hearing more on Astral Chain, Luigi's Mansion 3 & Link's Awakening (although don't want to see too much more of it, just a release date).

As for crazy predictions, not sure. I'd love to see an expansion to Switch online by adding SNES support (or even more). Also Metroid Trilogy finally getting announced.

My absolute dream announcements would be a Super Mario Sunshine remake, and/or Wind Waker/Twilight Princess pack remaster for Switch.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

if all we get is links awakening/animal crossing/astral chain/fire emblem/pokemon sword&shield recap then it will be a fail i think.

we have info on all those games already. well i suppose animal crossing needs to be chnaged big time to make it meaningful imo. what more can they show for links awakening?

they need:

metroid prime 4 teaser

or another byonetta 3 teaser

long rumoured release of metroid prime trilogy hd.

luigis mansion 3 needs to look super cool and new.

---they need to drop 1 new game megaton imo, could be mario kart 9 or odyssey 2 or breath of wild 2 or fzero or starfox. something of that magnitud.---

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Witcher 3 coming to switch would be pretty stunning.

TheMadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 TheMadGamer
Member since 2003 • 8670 Posts

This is going to be an incredible E3 for Nintendo if this is true

https://mobile.twitter.com/shadowtoon4/status/1136384935986704385

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#6 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Eagerly waiting for that Animal Crossing my friend. Also, will be curious to see more info on the FF7 remake.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Speeny

@KBFloYd: What I would do for an Odyssey sequel. D:

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Speeny

@TheMadGamer: Fingers crossed. Though if most of that is true I've ruined the surprise. D:

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22378 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

if all we get is links awakening/animal crossing/astral chain/fire emblem/pokemon sword&shield recap then it will be a fail i think.

we have info on all those games already. well i suppose animal crossing needs to be chnaged big time to make it meaningful imo. what more can they show for links awakening?

they need:

metroid prime 4 teaser

or another byonetta 3 teaser

long rumoured release of metroid prime trilogy hd.

luigis mansion 3 needs to look super cool and new.

---they need to drop 1 new game megaton imo, could be mario kart 9 or odyssey 2 or breath of wild 3 or fzero or starfox. something of that magnitud.---

The problem with these two predictions is that:

1) from what we know, MP4 has pretty much been completely restarted at Retro. So I doubt they'll have anything to show... and tbh, I'm not interested in seeing some CGI trailer that probably will be completely different from the final game

2) Bayo 3 is more likely, but then again you'd assume Platinum will want to focus on Astral Chain and not draw any attention away from it. I suppose a quick teaser might be good.

Something like a Mario Odyssey 2 tease would be awesome though. But I think that'd be more likely next year.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

I think an announcement that SNES games will be added to the Switch Online with 3 titles will be a huge positive, depending on what titles will dictate how big it is.

I think a CGI trailer for Metroid Prime 4 being shown with a anouncement of the Prime Trilogy also being made.

I think one huge new IP to be announced would be lovely.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

The addition of SNES games to Switch Online wouldn't be wholly unexpected, but tbh I feel kind of ho-hum about it. I think it's because they've added and re-added these games so many times now, from SNES and NES. I'd probably be more surprised if they added Gameboy, GB Color, GB Advance, DS, 3DS, or Virtual Boy stuff. (Virtual Boy could possibly be playable now on Labo VR?)

Come to think of it, I don't hear people predicting more Labo stuff. I almost expect it.

I think it would be kinda neat if Nintendo brought back Satellaview games for Online members. Or started up a modern version of the service. Have just really weird Tetris DS/NES Remix-style-levels of crazy sprite and character model mixing going on in weird little games.

Some Earthbound would be nice. I wonder why Nintendo ignores all of the money they could make. It would kind of be cool to see a fully 3D Earthbound game. Hey, maybe that could use the Labo? It would look hella trippy I'm sure, lol. And like people wouldn't even complain and ask for a controllable camera or better graphics with a game like that, just bringing the humor and goofiness of those games to one with character models would be an unexpected win.

Metroid Prime Trilogy seems like another announcement that would please a lot of people. I keep thinking though, they have to remake Hunters and add it into the collection if they're doing that, it makes a lot of sense lol. It would probably be fun to play remade stages in multiplayer also. Heck, maybe they could even add in a brand new hunter and a few little extras if they do it.

A remaster of Captain Rainbow would be great. I'd enjoy an odd game like that. Or a sequel. Whatever.

But I'm not gonna be too wishful. And even if they don't have any surprises in store, it's kind of hard to argue that they don't already have a lot of decent games to show already.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Speeny
@Ovirew said:

The addition of SNES games to Switch Online wouldn't be wholly unexpected, but tbh I feel kind of ho-hum about it. I think it's because they've added and re-added these games so many times now, from SNES and NES. I'd probably be more surprised if they added Gameboy, GB Color, GB Advance, DS, 3DS, or Virtual Boy stuff. (Virtual Boy could possibly be playable now on Labo VR?)

I hardly ever played the NES games they had to offer. But as you said, it would be a nice change to see some Gameboy titles on there. GBA & DS especially. I'm still getting over the fact they've canned the Virtual Console though. Oh well...

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4232 Posts

Apparently there’s one hidden 3DS game to be announced.

https://mynintendonews.com/2019/06/06/amazon-uk-dummy-placeholders-for-14-switch-games-2-switch-accessories-1-3ds-game-a-switch-console-have-appeared/

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#14 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

Animal Crossing

Bayonetta 3

And Pokémon Bank/ or some transfer feature from Sun and Moon to Sword and Shield would be awesome!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

I worked hard to update things this morning with all known Switch news. If I missed anything, let me know you guys!

Today is the big E3 event for us with the Nintendo Direct. I'll be making at least one more big edit to this thread, but I always seem to find out about more games that go under the radar towards the end of E3. So, be on the lookout for Switch game news!

EDIT: I keep looking, and I keep finding Switch news!

I updated again, a lot. Limitedrun, Devolver, Bethesda and Ubisoft might be da real MVP of Nintendo's third-party efforts. Square is also making an effort.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5254 Posts

Thirty minutes before the E3 Nintendo Direct.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i liked the dungeon maker in links awakening. however, they need to allow online sharing! to play other peoples dungeons? yes please.

it will be like zelda maker in disguise.

i am a little sad no metroid info.

breath of the wild 2 didnt show enough "new stuff" imo. they basically just showed a teaser of "the story". will it have dungeons now?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@KBFloYd: My assumption is that the BotW sequel might have co-op, since Link and Zelda are both adventuring together now.

I'm not sure how much gameplay value would come from the dungeon maker in LA, since technically you're just placing rooms that already exist in the game into your own layout and not actually designing everything. I feel like you'd be able to play other ppl's dungeons but idk.

The lack of Metroid info was disappointing, but not unexpected. I t could still happen next year though, since MP4 could be a ways off.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

@Ovirew: I think Zelda is going to get taken again.

Its funny I said yesterday I would love to see the next Zelda today, with absolute no thought that it might happen. That blew me away to see it, because its probably closer than we think. I was also hyped to see NMH3, cant wait to get back into that series with a true sequel.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#20 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

Outside of Bayonetta 3, think got everything I wanted.

Animal Crossing delay, but like what I saw, not much to add. Because honestly we know so little outside of it adding farming simulator features.

Pokémon Home dive-down really told us how 3DS to Switch transfers work more accurately. Shame We'll have to wait and see what Pokémon in our competitive teams cannot be used in Sword and Shield. My guess is my Mawile, Oranguru, and Typhlosion are stuck in the Home app till The Pokémon Company patch S&S for less popular Pokémon.

Dynamax Pokémon are still the dumbest and most lazy Mega Evolution they've added into the new games. And nothing stated really swayed me differently. Will do the raids purely for jolly coop. Hopefully we can unlock Megas and Z-Moves at the end game content. Because Dynamax seem really ugly and useless (barrier turn one-turn three) pointless ability; and just a cop-out to not design more Megas/ Z-Moves.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

I'm still missing a few announcements I think, but I'll consider it pretty much done. There was this noire cop-looking game I remembered from the presentation, but it was only shown for a split-second.

It's a lot to absorb.

minishcapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 minishcapper
Member since 2019 • 37 Posts

Well, Trials of Mana looks pretty great. Hopefully it's not too nerfed compared to the PS4 version.