[E3 2008] -- Nintendo Conference Review Thread

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
What did you guys think? Was it good? Was it bad? What did you like? What did you hate?

For me, Animal Crossing Wii is a plus, (though I guess I should start calling it Animal Crossing Town Folk), and WiiSpeak is great, I just hope Nintendo lets developers like High Voltage, EA, to use it. Wii Music was alright, nothing special though. What do you think?
Hungry_Hippo_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Hungry_Hippo_5
Member since 2004 • 1476 Posts
It was alright, the announcement of a new Animal Crossing was quite cool, and the Wii Motion Plus and WiiSpeak peripherals seem cool, but it didn't do it for me I'm sad to say. At the end, it felt like Reggie was building up to a new announcement, but then it turned out to be a giant anti-climax. I just feel like they've forgotten the core gamers...
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
It wasn't good. In fact I think it was pretty terrible.
stkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 stkr
Member since 2006 • 6118 Posts

It was alright, the announcement of a new Animal Crossing was quite cool, and the Wii Motion Plus and WiiSpeak peripherals seem cool, but it didn't do it for me I'm sad to say. At the end, it felt like Reggie was building up to a new announcement, but then it turned out to be a giant anti-climax. I just feel like they've forgotten the core gamers...Hungry_Hippo_5

Pretty much.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

WiiSpeak look's good
Wii MotionPlus can hold a lot of opportunities
Wii Music actually look's really fun
Animal Crossing Town Folk look's fun

Though, I am a bit underwhelmed. They should have shown at least one more core gamer title.

Stupes_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Stupes_
Member since 2008 • 152 Posts
The only good announcement was AC:Wii with Wii Speak everything else was crap they didn't announce anything for the hardcore...which is what i thought they would do, but I guess not...oh well.
tradint2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tradint2000
Member since 2004 • 813 Posts

Huge Let Down, They kept talking about the Core Gamers prior to e3 and this is what we get?

Does Reggie not realize that its mainly the Core that even watch the Conference? I was really looking forward to some games that cater to what I like, some really engaging games. Only thing that really captured me was the WiiSpeak and Animal Crossing, but other than that, the majority were Casual Games.

dexter111344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dexter111344
Member since 2005 • 1578 Posts

I liked what they announced(Wii Music coming out, GTA for the DS, ACCF, WiiSpeak, etc.), but I really wanted to see a new F-Zero or Pikmin 3 or StarFox and maybe something more about Wii MotionPlus (what games are Ninty developing that will use it).

I think we all got our hopes up too high, and that's why there's an air of disappointment

remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 remmbermytitans

WiiSpeak look's good
Wii MotionPlus can hold a lot of opportunities
Wii Music actually look's really fun
Animal Crossing Town Folk look's fun

Though, I am a bit underwhelmed. They should have shown at least one more core gamer title.

Haziqonfire

That's an understatement.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

I still want F-Zero and StarFox. Yet, instead of those, we get Wii Music and Wii Sports Resort. Upsetting :(.

Animal Crossing was great though.

presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 presto7640
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts
There was some good stuff in it, and I really like that we saw some Animal Crossing. But they didn't display anything showstopping. E3 is for the big stuff, not for little 'Wii whatever' games that could easily be anounced through a simple news feed on a website. Microsoft's was bad, but at least they had FFXIII at the end.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

I still want F-Zero and StarFox. Yet, instead of those, we get Wii Music and Wii Sports Resort. Upsetting :(.

Animal Crossing was great though.

Dark_Link142

I thought they hinted at F-Zero when they played the song. I was like "Nice, they'll hint at it then at the end will announce lots of first party games including F-Zero!" Boy was I wrong.

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
It was pretty disappointing overall. No new Zelda, No Kid Icarus, Just some pretty, well, okay, but not really impressive stuff. The only thing that I liked about it was the GTA DS. Motion plus didn't impress me, or most of the conference for that matter.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a4c1fedbd347
deactivated-5a4c1fedbd347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5a4c1fedbd347
Member since 2006 • 1523 Posts
There could be more opportunities with the new MotionPlus controls though. Think of that being used in Starfox or F-Zero
baseballSGFkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 baseballSGFkid
Member since 2007 • 1563 Posts
WTF was that sieriously. The only thing that looked good was animal crossing. Nintendo doesnt care about their real fans just about getting more sales.
Hungry_Hippo_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hungry_Hippo_5

I liked what they announced(Wii Music coming out, GTA for the DS, ACCF, WiiSpeak, etc.), but I really wanted to see a new F-Zero or Pikmin 3 or StarFox and maybe something more about Wii MotionPlus (what games are Ninty developing that will use it).

I think we all got our hopes up too high, and that's why there's an air of disappointment

dexter111344

If I remember correctly, Reggie said in prior interviews that there would be big stuff. Sure, there was some good stuff there, but it was kind of expected - we knew about Animal Crossing being in existence, there had been speculation, and as usual, the guess was correct. Really, I think the reason we got our hopes up is because they raised them for us. I'm relly hoping they're not gonna leave us stranded like that for the rest of E3. I'm holding out for something big, but again I'm probably raising my hopes past what they should be - low.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

overall im pretty happy.

positives

that new sensor looks pretty kewl....it looks to add even more accuracy to it (having a second sensor always helps). i have to try that sword fighting in wii sports resort. note to ubisoft....get red steel 2 right (u are still doing a red steel 2 right?). really no excuses now.

i also like the idea of wii music. i wanna play the prelude to war tune from battle star galictica on the komodo drum...that would be so kewl. accuracy remains an issue though...hopefully itll be better for the final release.

a mic..of sorts...and a very nice soution overall imho. the new animal crossing is also looking sweet...thats my christmas sorted :). it uses a usb port though....so now i need to find somehwere else to charge my 360 and PS3 controllers :P.

GTA on the DS.....could be very kewl. a very nice surprise. hopefully R* deliver.

on the bad side.

no pikmin or fzero..i was kinda expecting those at e3. also nothing on disaster which is worrying.

no storage solution. wii music allows u to store vids. thats going put further strain on the existing memory. hopefully they will aloow u to store em on SD cards like brawl does.

nothing on wiiware which was a little dissapointing.

overall though good showing. had a few laughs and a few smiles. looking foreward to the new wii sports (didnt think id see myself type that :P) and animal crossing. GTA on the DS also. i just wish there was a bit more umph to some of the games.

gojays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gojays
Member since 2005 • 1219 Posts

Worst...conference....ever.

i dont care about Wii music, Animal Crossing, Shaun Whites Snowboarding, or Wii Speak

Wii Sports Resort....maybe, it looks alright.
But seriosly nintendo, they promised us a game for the hardcore audience. And i have not seen it yet.

KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts

It wasn't good. In fact I think it was pretty terrible.Duckman5

same here:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

wakasaki808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wakasaki808
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
man that conference was a big dissapointment...i was hoping for more games like a Zelda, Pikmin, Mario, anything...instead we got stuck with Wii Music, and Wii Sports 2...out of the conference i only liked the motion detection upgrade, animal crossing, and the form of voice chat...i have always loved nintendo...nintendo just lost it...atleast i still have my xbox 360...
Astral_Vapor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Astral_Vapor
Member since 2007 • 276 Posts
Absolutely pathetic. Nintendo has become too comfortable with their previous years of success. There wasnt a SINGLE game that complimented the original Nintendo audience. No new Marion, no new Zelda, no new Metroid, NOTHING for the hardcore market. It's like they forgot about the gamers that helped them get to where they are now. It appears that casual is truly the new face of Nintendo, and if your a long time Nintendo fan like me, thats not a good thing.
SonicBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#23 SonicBalla
Member since 2006 • 2610 Posts
All I wanted was a New Super Mario Bros 2 and a Star Fox Wii and I would've been satisfied.
Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts
OMG that was terrible! i knew they wouldnt deliver! and for god sakes at least make the graphics for animal crossing better! it looks like the same thing as wild world as in it hasnt changed much at all. There was nothing in there for the core gamers. For once i have to say that i have to rely on 3rd party games....I WANT STARFOX DAMNIT!!!!
lfw2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lfw2007
Member since 2007 • 576 Posts
I didn't anything big from nintendo but wii speak and GTA.(could have been for the wii though:evil:) other than tht, nintendo's conference suck rocks. MS's conference was way better. now i wished tht i had a 360. idk if sony can stay in competition with MS. we will have to see in a lil bit.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
I thought it was terrible because they didn't even announce a storage system but Animal Crossing Wii is epic!!
Hungry_Hippo_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hungry_Hippo_5

*cough* Troll *cough*

Swiftly moving on, does anyone think that Nintendo has any more "surprises" to reveal this week, or is that all we can expect from them?

punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 punkrocker163
Member since 2006 • 2087 Posts
that was the biggest crap ever
inflammable01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 inflammable01
Member since 2007 • 1374 Posts
I'm happy about WiiSpeak and Animal Crossing, but other than that i was disappointed.
nentindow29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nentindow29
Member since 2006 • 594 Posts

i thought for sure they would announce pikmin 3!

worst.
conference.
ever.

lfw2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lfw2007
right. i can't believe tht nintendo is actually lacking on there "core" titles. i would have been content if GTA would have been on wii instead of the DS. but no...............we get mini games and animal crossing tht looks the same as the rest. thanx alot nintendo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:evil:
OMG that was terrible! i knew they wouldnt deliver! and for god sakes at least make the graphics for animal crossing better! it looks like the same thing as wild world as in it hasnt changed much at all. There was nothing in there for the core gamers. For once i have to say that i have to rely on 3rd party games....I WANT STARFOX DAMNIT!!!! Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5a4c1fedbd347

*cough* Troll *cough*

Swiftly moving on, does anyone think that Nintendo has any more "surprises" to reveal this week, or is that all we can expect from them?

Hungry_Hippo_5

I think there may be something, but not anything major. Major things should be announced at the conference, which is sadly over :(
CHAtotheRLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CHAtotheRLES
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts

Wii Speak is cool if they get better games than animal crossing for it...

Motion Plus might be cool too if theres good games for it...

The conference was lame tho....

ZombiezLovePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ZombiezLovePie
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts
guys cheer up they have a new pokemon game coming! W00t....not really,huge dissapointment,watched g4 interview reggie.they asked about veteran gamers,he considered animal crossing and GTADS to be a hardcore games....maybe GTADS but AC? 0.0 gg nintendo h8 $ony ,prolly gonna have a better show than ninty tho -.- no kid icurus,Zelda,star fox,F-Zero,instead get F***ing POKEMON! and some Wii (insert names here) games.
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 remmbermytitans
Well, don't forget people, that at E3 2006, on day two, they announced Super Smash Brothers Brawl. So I'm still hoping that tomorrow we get something awesome.
fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#37 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
Nintendo takes the award for most dissapointing conference so far. I mean seriously, every time I got my hopes up, Nintendo executives were right there to shoot them down. 1:1 motion for the next Wii Sports? Awesome, I love Wii Sports! But then they start playing a video of some rediculously stupid frisbee fetching, a jetskiing game that doesn't even require 1:1 to function, and a mildly interesting fencing game. And as for Wii Music? The way they played it up before revealing it, with the lights and the smoke and everything, I was sure it would be a big franchise like Metroid or Mario or even Pikmin. But no. It's a music game in which all you do is flail your arms around like an idiot, and the game will compensate for your lack of talent and make you sound good anyway. As for Animal Crossing, it looks pretty much the same as the others. WiiSpeak is nothing for me to get excited over, because consoles have had that feature since the PS2 days.

I'm still mildly excited about Wii Sports Resort, but the only reason I don't sell my Wii is Tales of Symphonia 2.
pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts
I'm looking forward to GTA for DS. You have to admit no one saw that one coming. And Animal Crossing should be fun. The wiispeak and wii motion plus look cool but I can't help but feel those are things that should have been on the console from the start. Especially the wii motion plus since the wii is known for its motion controls.
CHAtotheRLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CHAtotheRLES
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts
I hope 3rd parties will give us better games then what Nintendo showed...
gojays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gojays
Member since 2005 • 1219 Posts

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s233/Mr-McShahoozlefitz/NintenE308.jpg

And i officially hate that smiley Cammy woman. talking about her kid and her crappy snowboarding. Plus she annoying as hell.

lfw2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lfw2007
not even any new wii colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:evil:thts the least they could have done.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5a4c1fedbd347

:(

gojays

lol.
pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts
I think they spent too much time trying to impress us with sales figures and not enought time telling us about the games.
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 remmbermytitans

:(

gojays

You know what they say, a picture is worth 1,000 words.
privateryan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 privateryan360
Member since 2005 • 162 Posts

I TiVo'ed both Microsoft and Nintendo's conferences from G4.

Let's just say that I watch all of Microsoft's conference (which was great, all little of everything) and I fast fowarded through about 90% of Nintendo's. If the BIGGEST thing I care about is a new GTA Game for the DS, that is EMBRASSING. Nintendo doesn't even care if the games are good or even for the hardcore, because they still know that idiots will fork up $250 for console that lets you c swing a white remote around. Plus that woman onstage was annoying as hell. OMG.

Overall so far, Nintendo= 3/10 (No huge news, NO GOOD HARDCORE GAMES, and just overall boring)

Microsoft= 8/10 (Great game demos to start out with, FFXIII, new dashboard looks great, just wanted Mass Effect 2 or Bioshock 2, but other than that great)

Sony= 7.5/10 (This is just my prediction)

privateryan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 privateryan360
Member since 2005 • 162 Posts

I TiVo'ed both Microsoft and Nintendo's conferences from G4.

Let's just say that I watch all of Microsoft's conference (which was great, all little of everything) and I fast fowarded through about 90% of Nintendo's. If the BIGGEST thing I care about is a new GTA Game for the DS, that is EMBRASSING. Nintendo doesn't even care if the games are good or even for the hardcore, because they still know that idiots will fork up $250 for console that lets you c swing a white remote around. Plus that woman onstage was annoying as hell. OMG.

Overall so far, Nintendo= 3/10 (No huge news, NO GOOD HARDCORE GAMES, and just overall boring)

Microsoft= 8/10 (Great game demos to start out with, FFXIII, new dashboard looks great, just wanted Mass Effect 2 or Bioshock 2, but other than that great)

Sony= 7.5/10 (This is just my prediction)

ZombiezLovePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ZombiezLovePie
o Yeah did i mention ee have a new Pokemon game! W00T!!!!!!!!111!!shift+1+11=7 Yeah Pokem0n! omg *needz to check underwear* W00T again! pokemon ftl -.-
yaljarani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 yaljarani
Member since 2003 • 352 Posts
I own a Wii and 360. They could have at least pulled a ff xiii at the end like microsoft. Animal Crossing was the old decent game they showed. All they did was show off sales numbers and Wii--- games that looked like crap. How dare they bring Miyamoto on stage playing a sax. I mean, really, at least my 360 has games to look forward to. NO zelda or f-zero or kid icarus or any great first party franchise. "We will revive old franchises on the Wii"...BS. Not to mention the lady was annoying as hell. The casuals have more games on the Wii than we gamers, who helped bring Nintendo to life, do. Disappointed as hell, what good is announcing the Wii Motion Plus with no REAL game to use it in. Star Wars and Call of Duty...is that the best you got. At least Microsoft had software to back up all the cool live features. All Sony has to do to beat Nintendo is walk up on stage with a Mix trailer of their upcoming games and walk off.
ZombiezLovePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ZombiezLovePie
it annoyed me,the smiley *i broke my wrist snowboarding*chick said “plus we have a new pokemon game!” and it was like she expected every1 to clap.....bs no more pokemon games!
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#50 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts

Worst...conference....ever.

i dont care about Wii music, Animal Crossing, Shaun Whites Snowboarding, or Wii Speak

Wii Sports Resort....maybe, it looks alright.
But seriosly nintendo, they promised us a game for the hardcore audience. And i have not seen it yet.

gojays

Yeah, but Reggie also said there would be a "surprise" last September and look how that turned out.