DS Lite Stolen :(

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bengalsrz4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bengalsrz4
Member since 2006 • 187 Posts

I put my DS Lite in my gym locker. When I came back, I changed and forgot to take it out. I locked my locker and left. I came back the next day to get it and its gone. Whoever took it opened my locker with the combo and locked it back up. I reported it to the security office and checked every lost and found, anyone have any ideas on what I should do.

mlisette23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mlisette23
Member since 2004 • 354 Posts
Is there anyone who knows your combination?  If there is then you should ask them about it, though if they'll tell you the truth is another matter.  You could also go to there house and just look around or something while they're in another room.
merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts

I put my DS Lite in my gym locker. When I came back, I changed and forgot to take it out. I locked my locker and left. I came back the next day to get it and its gone. Whoever took it opened my locker with the combo and locked it back up. I reported it to the security office and checked every lost and found, anyone have any ideas on what I should do.

bengalsrz4
nothing its gone happand to my psp i had to eighter buy a new one or not have one at all i went and bought a ds lite,but back to ur situation not only u know the combo to the lock 3-4 other people use the same lock with the same combo as u or at least thats how it works at my school.
bengalsrz4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bengalsrz4
We don't share lockers, and no one knows my combo, so I can't imagine how anyone could've gotten in. The teachers have all the combos written down... Someone could have taken a peek I guess.
merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
it must have been a janitor or a coach since those are the only peoples that have keys to the locks yes there are key holes at the bottom of the locks as a coach.
Eastdabest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Eastdabest
Member since 2006 • 652 Posts
I feel bad for you. I would die if someone stole mine. Anyways, if u are certain no one knows ur combo then maybe u should look twice for it.....might of misplaced it.
Mr_MiniMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mr_MiniMe
Member since 2007 • 66 Posts
maybe noone knows ur combo but ur ds fell out of ur locker and someone picked it up, or someone took it out of ur locker while you were distracted and your locker was open..
bengalsrz4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bengalsrz4

Yeah, I'm thinking someone may have taken it straight out while I was there and not looking, I doubt it was a staff member at the school. I checked my locker 3 or 4 times, I'm certain its not in there, and come to think of it, there is one person I know who has my combo, but I doubt it's him. He helped me look for it, though that could just be a cover up. Worst part is that spring break has started so I can't check back up on it for a week.

bengalsrz4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bengalsrz4

Just thought of this, surprisingly didn't come to me earlier.

-Today is our last day of gym, we are going to health, so its gym locker cleanout day.

-I went to the locker room right away to get my DS, noone else is there yet cus its early

-I looked and it wasn't there

-I search everywhere, every class I had on that day, and couldn't find it.

-I went to security, filed a theft report, etc.

-I'm looking for the rest of my gym class, and find them in the CPU lab.

-I'm really late, so my teacher asks me where I've been and stuff...

-When I sit down, my friend, the only one whom I've told my combination to says, "Where were you during locker cleanout, they opened your locker and took out your stuff."

-I told him about the missing DS, and he says that he was just kidding anyways.

^^For some reason I just accepted that he was kidding, but now that I think of it, it might've been him.

I'm gonna call him now, if I can find his phone number some how. I hope to God he has it, but even if he does, getting him to tell me would be tough.

Mr_MiniMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mr_MiniMe
Member since 2007 • 66 Posts

Just thought of this, surprisingly didn't come to me earlier.

-Today is our last day of gym, we are going to health, so its gym locker cleanout day.

-I went to the locker room right away to get my DS, noone else is there yet cus its early

-I looked and it wasn't there

-I search everywhere, every class I had on that day, and couldn't find it.

-I went to security, filed a theft report, etc.

-I'm looking for the rest of my gym class, and find them in the CPU lab.

-I'm really late, so my teacher asks me where I've been and stuff...

-When I sit down, my friend, the only one whom I've told my combination to says, "Where were you during locker cleanout, they opened your locker and took out your stuff."

-I told him about the missing DS, and he says that he was just kidding anyways.

^^For some reason I just accepted that he was kidding, but now that I think of it, it might've been him.

I'm gonna call him now, if I can find his phone number some how. I hope to God he has it, but even if he does, getting him to tell me would be tough.

bengalsrz4

good luck i'm looking forward to episode 2  :P DSCSI :D

HoosTrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 HoosTrax
Member since 2006 • 1325 Posts
Not sure what to tell you, other than to be on the lookout for someone trying to buy a DS charger (or did you store that in your locker too?).
Fofauss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fofauss
Member since 2005 • 787 Posts
Not sure what to tell you, other than to be on the lookout for someone trying to buy a DS charger (or did you store that in your locker too?).HoosTrax
Thats a good point. If all you had was your DS, someone should be looking for a charger. And if you had a game in it check people's DS's for the same game you had in it and see if its where you were in the game.
TeZhI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TeZhI
Member since 2006 • 211 Posts
If it was your "friend" then I don't understand how you became friends with him in the firstplace. If you can't trust him that he won't take your stuff then I don't think he is a good friend. I really hope that it's not him and that you have put it behind your books or something.
bengalsrz4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bengalsrz4

Yeah, if it turns out it was him, that would kinda suck, but I'd be happier to find it.

Fofauss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Fofauss
Member since 2005 • 787 Posts
Have you called him yet and found out if he had it?
Ultamite-Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ultamite-Ninja
Member since 2007 • 1109 Posts
I hope your freind has it.
Lance_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Lance_C
Member since 2004 • 34544 Posts
No clues of scratches on your locker? If there isn't, it must be someone who has that key....
DS_Chicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DS_Chicky
Member since 2007 • 152 Posts
Wow! I feel really bad for you! Hopefully your friend has it! This might sound stupid to you, but if it doesn't turn out that your friend has it, try calling pawn shops and see if anyone has brought in any DS Lites and describe yours to them and the game that was in it......my brothers gameboy was stolen years ago by some kid looking for some quick money, my Dad called all the pawn shops in town and it turned up there, they IDed the guy who brought it in and my brother got his stuff back....maybe the person that took it from your locker wasn't looking for a DS of their own, maybe they just wanted something good to pawn off....just an idea Good Luck:)
DS_Chicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DS_Chicky

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention....does your school have security cameras? You should see if you can take a look at the video from that day....if you haven't already

Cable777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cable777
Member since 2007 • 184 Posts

ur ds is long gone:?

jacob33301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jacob33301
Member since 2007 • 766 Posts

take the sneaky approach on aking him. Say

"Hey, have you seen the screenshots for (Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword for EX.) ?" If he says yes, say

"are u goin to get it?"

He says yes, say"you have a DS?" then you got him well thats only if he says yes. If he says no go on to another type of game he likes. If that doesn't work, i got nothin. Well i was just thinkin that up. If he has a DS then i guess this wont work

jacob33301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jacob33301
[QUOTE="HoosTrax"]Not sure what to tell you, other than to be on the lookout for someone trying to buy a DS charger (or did you store that in your locker too?).Fofauss
Thats a good point. If all you had was your DS, someone should be looking for a charger. And if you had a game in it check people's DS's for the same game you had in it and see if its where you were in the game.

good point
KiLLer_ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 KiLLer_ba
Member since 2002 • 5759 Posts
See what happens when you take your DS to school, that's why i never took any of my portables to school
thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts
[QUOTE="bengalsrz4"]

merch
nothing its gone happand to my psp i had to eighter buy a new one or not have one at all i went and bought a ds lite,but back to ur situation not only u know the combo to the lock 3-4 other people use the same lock with the same combo as u or at least thats how it works at my school.

lol who would want a psp? j/k. sucks bout the ds man. i'd tear up the kid if i ever found out who he was.
bengalsrz4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bengalsrz4

Ok, here is my current situation:

- Knowing that he is probably looking for some quick money, I have one shot on a phone call before he sells it.

- Problem is, I dont have his number.

- I ask one of my friends if he has the suspect, or his best friends number, it turns out he doesn't have either.

- My friend says he does have his myspace though.

- I go on my friends myspace, looking everywhere, but the bastard doesn't have his real name, and his pic is really dark.

- I call my friend again and ask if he has been commented by him recently, luckily the answer is yes.

- I closely analyze the pictures and finally find him.

- If I sent him a message, he wouldn't reply if he really was the thief.

- So my friend says, "Hey, whats your number, I'm adding everyone to my phone book."

- It's a bit early to call my friend asking if he's gotten the reply, so now I just have to wait.

- Now here's the problem, what approach do I use when called.

If I call:

a. Agressive, something like "Give it back, "blank" already told me you have it.

b. Nice, something like "I know you have it, please give it back, etc."

c. Don't accuse him, just ask questions; something like "Do you know who might have taken it, etc."

d. Other (write your suggestion)

If I get a friend to call: (It will be a friend who he doesn't know I'm friends with)

a. Ask to buy the DS: (Hey man, I heard you stole bengalsrz4's DS, lol, I'll buy it from you since I lost mine like a month ago. Besides, you can't do anything with your's cus then bengalsrz4 would know it was you, but he already knows I used to have one, I'll just tell him I found mine." 

b. Same as B, but insulting me in the message to make him think we aren't friends. Like "that kid is so gay or somethin like that.

c. Ask to sell him a charger, "Hey, I heard you got bengalsrz's DS, I'll sell you a charger since I lost mine.

d. Other (write your suggestion)

^Thanks for the help everyone

*I would do the Ninja Gaiden thing, but I don't think he is a big gamer. He probably wouldn't know what it was.

dsownge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dsownge
Member since 2005 • 2393 Posts

So you already know who stole it

Something like this happened to my friend's laptop

You see what he did is used another person to buy the the laptop for him

This person asked the thief, what is the specs of your laptop? and the brand?

Make sure you get every detail you could get! something like does the DS have scratches? screen protectors? a tape? Is it complete? how about the box? do you have manuals?

Dont take my advice as it is im just giving you an idea

Also You should talk to someone with authority to back you up. YOU NEED THIS or you will be in a lot o trouble!

tell the authorities descriptions about your DS so you will have proof that the DS the thief stole is yours.

in the end the thief was caught after they meet up and he didnt pay for it.

xboxds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xboxds
Member since 2004 • 118 Posts
i think u should stop posting here....imagine he reads this...
tecom3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tecom3n
Member since 2003 • 617 Posts
the kid will just deny it if you confront him in any way, so dont expect to get it back like that. confronting a suspect like that is only recommended if you are good at reading body language and want to confirm your suspicions. my best advice is to befriend the thief, never mention the stolen ds, and eventually get invited to his house (where you just might have a slight chance of finding it).
dsownge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dsownge
Member since 2005 • 2393 Posts
pretending to buy it is the best way IMO
syrup123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 syrup123
Member since 2006 • 183 Posts

its time to act like phoenix wright

hangid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 hangid
Member since 2005 • 442 Posts
I once lost my ds at school at the last of school but luckily my friend found it and returned it.
lucifer3999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lucifer3999
Member since 2005 • 2319 Posts

its time to act like phoenix wright

syrup123
but u need a DS to be phoenix wright :(
hangid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hangid
thats funny no pheonix rite without a ds. You know what you could do stael your own ds lite
malicem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 malicem
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts
dude heres wat u do. make ur other friend call that dude. idk pay him or something if the plan goes good so u can trust him. well tell him to tell the theif, "dude, i saw u take "watever's" DS. u have some big ass balls to do that. u **** rock. i promise i wont tell anyone. just between u and me." then he can be like "i have some games for the DS, how bout u come over so u can buy em or play em sometime." make him get deep freindly with the thief until they start talking about how he stole it. how hes guna buy the charger. but dude, do this quik before he sells it to another kid that u dont kno or is outside the school. good luck.
HoosTrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HoosTrax
Member since 2006 • 1325 Posts
Just a more little comment on this situation from me -- Did you keep the cardboard product box that your DS came in? On the back of the box will be a barcode and serial number, the same number that is on the back of the the DS case itself, right above Slot 2. Just something to be aware of if you see someone with a DS that you suspect was the one stolen from you.
plowoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 plowoe
Member since 2005 • 247 Posts
Or u can just take the godfather approach and beat his @#@ until he spills the beans. And if u know any of his family members u can ask if they know anthing about the DS. But anyways PSP is way better than a DS
bengalsrz4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bengalsrz4

I like the barcode idea, yet I doubt he'd bring it to school

I got his phone #. Now I'm just thinking of the next step...

IamSliM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 IamSliM
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts
I say you cut him.  Put a razor blade under your tongue, then sneak up on him, pull it out and cut him!  :)
bengalsrz4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bengalsrz4
I'm gonna have my friend call him this afternoon and ask to buy it.
lite_ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lite_ds
Member since 2006 • 520 Posts

Not to make anything any worst.....wat if you forgot to lock your locker? Happened to me, but I never lost anything.

lite_ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lite_ds
Member since 2006 • 520 Posts
Not to make anything any worst........what if you forgot to lock your locker?
bengalsrz4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bengalsrz4
I can actually remember myself locking it, but I did think of that.
_Shizuka_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 _Shizuka_
Member since 2006 • 139 Posts

This is incredibly epic. I was fairly upset/infuriated when I dropped my phone at a seat, and two minutes later it was stolen but I'd be packing heat if I lost my DS. I like all the sneaky suggestions of calling him and getting your friends to call him. If that doesn't work, you could steal something valuable of his and make it half-obvious that it was you. That way, he might subtly suggest a trade-back. Maybe.

Or, even more unrealistically, you could make him bite the curb and threaten him. Just kidding of course.

Oh imagine if one of his friends was actually a user of these forums and was reporting back to him. At any rate, I hope you get your DS back one way or another.

hangid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hangid
and im the theif's friend i told him evrything JKING
Carbon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Carbon_
Member since 2006 • 1491 Posts

this happened to my friend only it was his i-pod.... i had heard the "thief" (yeah lets call him that..) say stuff to my friend like hey wheres your i-pod (mockinlly of course) and then i reported back to my friend... so my friend called the "thief" and it was the "thief" he was talking to! BUT OF COURSE he denied having his i-pod...my friend later called back and this time it was the "thief's "mother. Later that evening he got his I-pod back and I'm guessing the "thief" got a good whoopin!8)
DS_Chicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DS_Chicky
Hey, you haven't posted for a while....have you found anything else out about where your DS is, or who could have it? I really hope you get it back! Keep us posted!
nathansarro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 nathansarro
Member since 2004 • 678 Posts
bummer. i'm just wondering why you'd leave it overnight? well at least this event teaches you a lesson.:P i pitty you.
nathansarro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 nathansarro
Member since 2004 • 678 Posts

to tell you the truth, i lol'd when i read that.

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
Highschool lockers are easily broken into, so whoever did it, you will most likely never find out who that is
jacob33301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jacob33301
also, thats why you always keep it in your pocket. or where u can see it.