ds, ds lite, dsi, dsi xl, 3DS ARGGGGHHHHHH!!!

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

legefy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 legefy
Member since 2010 • 330 Posts
we all know about the ds and we all love it but why the hell does nintendo have to make so many of them($$$$) i am one of the public who has owned every ds that has come out and to be frank i want to pull my hair out any thoughts?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
don't buy all of them? i mean, the DSi was the first one to include something new, the XL is just a bigger screen, and the 3DS is something completely different.
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
...Just don't buy some of them? Jeez, I've only had two DSs. The Phat and the lite, and I only use the phat now cause the hinge broke on the lite.
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
Yeah, I bought the original when it first came out. I'm still holding on to it now. I don't bother with upgrades, they're only there to entice new customers.
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
Yeah, I bought the original when it first came out. I'm still holding on to it now. I don't bother with upgrades, they're only there to entice new customers.Raiko101
New customers, completists and collectors - like TC apparently. I do agree, while a new model sounds good and can have upgrades, if you have a working older model then there's little reason to purchase new.
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

[QUOTE="Raiko101"]Yeah, I bought the original when it first came out. I'm still holding on to it now. I don't bother with upgrades, they're only there to entice new customers.Stinger78
New customers, completists and collectors - like TC apparently. I do agree, while a new model sounds good and can have upgrades, if you have a working older model then there's little reason to purchase new.

yupers having more then two of the four would be pointless

ybother10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ybother10
Member since 2010 • 100 Posts
i still have my ds lite but im gonna get the 3ds thats a worthy upgrade
GamingBoy2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#8 GamingBoy2009
Member since 2005 • 1651 Posts

The amount of DSs is crazy. Just last Christmas, I bought my sister a DS lite and now Im hearing about the 3DS. But the 3DS definatly looks interesting and it is completly different from the past DSsand thats coming from someone who prefers the PSP. I will definatly look into gettinga 3DS for myself.

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

TC the 3DS is a next generation handheld device. It can play games that the DS cannot. It's not simply just a DS with added 3D gimmick.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Don't buy them all the DSi was my first DS. I plan on getting the 3DS at launch though because that is in the 8th Generation while the DS was in the 7th generation.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

I've still got the first DS, not a problem for me. I plan on getting the 3DS, it is the first worthy upgrade.

xXDante666Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xXDante666Xx
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts

I think it is about time for people to learn that the 3DS is not a remake of the DS but the next generation. Much like the Advance to the DS. :/

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Why do you have to buy so many of them? Just because there's a new model out doesn't mean you HAVE to buy it.

I'm still using my DS Lite and i've never really found the need to upgrade.

Oh and just so you're clear, the 3DS is a totally new console so that would be a worthwhile purchase. That being said, it's inevitable that they're going to make different models of the 3DS; that doesn't mean you have to once again buy everyone single one of them.

cprmauldin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cprmauldin
Member since 2009 • 1567 Posts

Had a DS, now have a DSlite, may upgrade to the DSi XL for the bigger screen, or possibly just wait for the 3DS

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Dont buy them then if you dont like the idea of there being that many.

millerjs1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 millerjs1986
Member since 2009 • 993 Posts
Yeah, I still have my blue DS Lite ..it was my first and most recent DS purchase. I will, however, most certainly be buying the 3DS, but um..like everyone has already said..you can't quite complain when you're the one that bought every model. Especially considering there was no difference between the DS and the lite..(respectively the same comparing the DSI and the XL)...so..quite an idiot-move on your part, honestly.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Annoying, no? Every system minus the Wii has had so many reincarnations though. Not just the DS. I'm going to trade my original "fat" DS for a 3DS.
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
Kind-of off-topic, but Nintendo did the same exact thing with the Game Boy (original, pocket, "color" with a new shell color, color model with color screen) - then the Game Boy Advance (original, SP front-lit, SP back-lit, Micro). At least the Advance was an actual upgrade over the original system, just like the DS was an upgrade to the GBA, and the 3DS will be to the DS.
millerjs1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 millerjs1986
Member since 2009 • 993 Posts
[QUOTE="Stinger78"]Kind-of off-topic, but Nintendo did the same exact thing with the Game Boy (original, pocket, "color" with a new shell color, color model with color screen) - then the Game Boy Advance (original, SP front-lit, SP back-lit, Micro). At least the Advance was an actual upgrade over the original system, just like the DS was an upgrade to the GBA, and the 3DS will be to the DS.

I'm sure TC owns all of the aforementioned units as well.
martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

I got an original DS in 2004, then i got scammed into getting a DSI 2009 just to hear the 3DS is coming.

Avatar image for XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX
XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX
Member since 2010 • 377 Posts
I still have the original and I haven't bothered buying any upgrades although I would like too. My fat one has suffered some severe damage over the past 6 years, The top screen is about a tug away from falling off, I've got about 12 - 15 dead pixels on the touch screen, the touch screen has multiple scratches and only works sometimes, and pretty much the whole console has got scratches everywhere! I can safely say I have never seen a more beat up DS in my life, yet I still continue to use it, sometimes using my brothers DSi when I get frustrated with the touch screen. So now I have officially decided I am going to have my first upgrade when the 3DS comes out, bit of a leap eh? Phat to 3D! :D
lucky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 lucky326
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts

Well there was the GBA-GBASP-Micro.

Then DS-DSlite-DSi-DSiXL.

and we will have 3DS-???-???

They always remake the handheld consoles at least once, and the 3DS is a whole new product line anyway. The DSiXL shouldn't really have been made in the first place considering the time it was annonuced and released.

Hammstray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hammstray
Member since 2010 • 890 Posts

I only have a DSi, you are commited. You should try selling at least one of them... that is what I would do... get me some 3DS... :|

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
All I can do is laugh about people complaining about them making the conscious decision to buy the same system over and over like its someone else's fault.
Garfiun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Garfiun
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I owned a green DSL it was a crap import but I loved it I played it to death im looking forward to the 3DS though Ill buy that.
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
the only ds i ever bought was the ds lite bought for me for a birthday liek 2 or 3 years ago and i dont even plan on getting the 3DS, ill wait and see for the first major price drop or first redesign then purchase
darthvader1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 darthvader1993
Member since 2005 • 914 Posts

I was going to get the DS Phat, then the Lite was announced. About two years later I upgraded to the DSi and got plenty of use out of the Internet functions.

I'm really wanting to buy an orange 3DS sometime around launch. but I'm uncertain if I'll be able to keep my downloaded games.

AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#28 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

DS phat = original DS

DS lite = DS phat with upgraded lighting and sound

DSi = Really awesome update for the DS lite with a new menu, tons of new stuff (camera, music).

DSi XL = Bigger DSi.

3DS = Whole new DS in 3D.

XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Member since 2007 • 2399 Posts
I only have the DS Lite and I don't plan to buy another. Mine's still practically new anyway, and I don't use handhelds as much as consoles.
CHOVI3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

#30 CHOVI3
Member since 2010 • 72 Posts

I don't think it's worth it to update, I think the lite,dsi, and dsi xl are for people who don't already own a ds, but yeah nintendo it's milking money, and 3ds's coming next year so no use in buying dsixl

ANyway, I just have the original ds

MRBUCKMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MRBUCKMASTER
Member since 2010 • 758 Posts
isnt the 3ds a whole new system? and i had a ds lite but i got rid of that a long time ago and now im just waiting for the 3ds.
Avatar image for ConkerAndBerri2
ConkerAndBerri2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 ConkerAndBerri2
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

i have the DSi and honestly, i wish i had bought the ds lite because there are plenty of advance games that i would like to play.

LCS2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 LCS2008
Member since 2010 • 101 Posts

Dude chill I have only had the DS, DSI and I am thinking of getting the 3DS those are the only DS types ( besides 3DS next gen) that are actually different.

Hammstray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Hammstray
Member since 2010 • 890 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if they mae a 3DS lite, 3DSi and/or 3DSi xl! Nintendo either had 1) good ideas, 2) wants more money, or 3) are trying to scam kids out of good money... :|

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

I still have the original and I haven't bothered buying any upgrades although I would like too. XxF1N4L-ST4NDxX

This

HungryLuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HungryLuma
Member since 2009 • 1131 Posts

I just have a: DS, and DSi. I thought the DS Lite, and XL were a waste of money.

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts
I have a DS Lite. Thinking about buying a DSi XL before 3DS launches to hold me over in the mean time. Would like to try the DSIware games out and replay some old games on a larger screen. Oh yeah, there's no need to buy all of them. Just see if the new features are worth you upgrading for; if not, then don't buy, that easy. The new feature in the 3DS will be able to play 3DS games. Unfortunately our current DS's can't do that, so we have reason to upgrade.
kaitanuvax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kaitanuvax
Member since 2007 • 3814 Posts

The wisest purchase was a black DS lite. That thing is still a champ...well my L button's pretty f'ed up but still.

3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#39 3dfd
Member since 2008 • 767 Posts

The DS Lite, i, xl were all just updates of the Nintendo 3DS. They all played DS games and just DS games. The 3DS is a new system. Although it will play DS games, the main reason to buy it is to get the 3D games. You get it? T

PS the reason Nintendo released the DS lite, i, and xl is to get money.

kaitanuvax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kaitanuvax

3dfd

The DS lite was a justified update. DSi was just gimmicky to the point of a PSP, and XL was stupid.

The DS lite was what the DS should have been in the first place.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="3dfd"]

kaitanuvax

The DS lite was a justified update. DSi was just gimmicky to the point of a PSP, and XL was stupid.

The DS lite was what the DS should have been in the first place.

The DSi isn't a gimmick they added 2X better CPU and 4X more RAM to the DSi, they also added DSiware, Music, new menu system, photos, better online.

DSi XL I agree it was stupid but I'm not in its target audience. The target audience is people that like having people look over their shoulder and old people that have trouble seeing.

kaitanuvax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kaitanuvax

Yeah the music, photos were unnecessary. Music belongs in ipods / mp3 players. Use a camera or your phone, not a gaming system.

The DS lite has more battery life than the DSi - I was surprised to learn that and was convinced DS lite was and still is the best DS version of them all. It's a gaming system after all, and should only be that.

HungryLuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HungryLuma

Yeah the music, photos were unnecessary. Music belongs in ipods / mp3 players. Use a camera or your phone, not a gaming system.

The DS lite has more battery life than the DSi - I was surprised to learn that and was convinced DS lite was and still is the best DS version of them all. It's a gaming system after all, and should only be that.

kaitanuvax
I know you're entitled to your own opinion, but, you just like the DS Lite because it has more battery power?
kaitanuvax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kaitanuvax

[QUOTE="kaitanuvax"]

HungryLuma

I know you're entitled to your own opinion, but, you just like the DS Lite because it has more battery power?

I like my DS lite because it lasts longer for games. I mean, isn't that what a DS is for? Games?

I dont want my gaming experience to be compromised by something unrelated to what I bought the system for.

SMGplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SMGplayer
Member since 2009 • 58 Posts

[QUOTE="HungryLuma"][QUOTE="kaitanuvax"]

kaitanuvax

I like my DS lite because it lasts longer for games. I mean, isn't that what a DS is for? Games?

I dont want my gaming experience to be compromised by something unrelated to what I bought the system for.

A DS doesn't change your gaming experience nor have anything to compromise, though. So, there's nothing "unrelated" about it.
kaitanuvax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kaitanuvax

A DS doesn't have anything to compromise, though. So, there's nothing "unrelated" about it.SMGplayer

A faster CPU and more RAM = compromise on battery life.

SMGplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SMGplayer

[QUOTE="SMGplayer"] A DS doesn't have anything to compromise, though. So, there's nothing "unrelated" about it.kaitanuvax

But, does that change your gaming experience? Not really.
HungryLuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 HungryLuma

[QUOTE="SMGplayer"] A DS doesn't have anything to compromise, though. So, there's nothing "unrelated" about it.kaitanuvax

So, you're trying to say that playing games on a DS Lite makes gameplay better?
kaitanuvax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kaitanuvax

But, does that change your gaming experience? Not really.SMGplayer

Maybe you'd think twice when your DSi dies on you.

So, you're trying to say that playing games on a DS Lite makes gameplay better?HungryLuma

If by gameplay you mean I can play longer, then yes it does?

SMGplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SMGplayer

[QUOTE="SMGplayer"] But, does that change your gaming experience? Not really.kaitanuvax

Maybe you'd think twice when your DSi dies on you.

I don't have to. My DSi is on the charger most of the time. :P