Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

User Lists: 0

#1 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 705 Posts

I like the Gamecube. It was really cool. I have extremely fond memories of the thing. I'd play Spongebob Squarepants Battle of Bikini Bottom on it at my friend's house in a Brisk fall morning in 2003. I'd play Pacman, Sonic, Luigi's mansion, Smash, Zelda and more . You could even play GBA games on it.

I think the GC was awesome because it didn't try to pander to babies and old people like the Wii did. Isn't full of half hearted ports or shovelware like the Switch was. It's a far more simple UX. Nintendo had soul back then in my opinion. I love it a lot. But I'm asking you if you'd like the GC because I feel alone on this still.

Yama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Yama
Member since 2002 • 34151 Posts

I'm an oddball, it was by far my favorite Nintendo console. I got it the night before REmake came out and had so many great memories with that game and then the entire GCN library really. It's always Biohazard making me buy Nintendo consoles, then I get hooked. It felt like Nintendo's last attempt to have a similar yet competing machine, before moving off into their own unique hacks at consoles.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Gamecube games are really fun, I own a bunch they are great. Great console decent graphics at the time. Love retro gaming when im not having fun with modern titles.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7271 Posts

It's my most played retro console.

On the one hand, this was a time Nintendo got too reliant on sequels. On the other, this was the gen that they perfected many of their franchises. For example, Ocarina if Time might have been a bigger step forward for gaming, but Twilight Princess is overall a better game. So you have a bunch of Nintendo's best games, rounded out by pretty good 3rd party support. It's great.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

It's my favorite console. Great games, graphics, controller. Extremely underrated.

Still remember the day I brought home the GameCube/Metroid Prime bundle with Wind Waker on the side. Blew my freaking mind.

Cheddarchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 105

#6 Cheddarchet
Member since 2006 • 375 Posts

So many hours spent on that purple lunchbox as a kid. It was fun seeing how much a lot of my N64 favorites changed when they made the jump to the new system. Paper Mario, Smash, Mario Kart, and I got to consciously experience my first two JRPGs on there (3 if you count Paper Mario) with Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos laying the groundwork for a lot of games I came to love later.

And I know they have problems, but I loved Star Fox Adventures and Sunshine as well. I really want to jump into those again...

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

It has the best Mario game, TTYD.

And the only official 60fps version of Tales of Symphonia.

Wind Waker is a fantastic Zelda title. Plus the super value Zelda compilation disc.

Pretty cool.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I had one but didn't play it nearly enough I enjoyed wave race, Luigi's mansion, mario kart but didn't really use it much as ps2 was my main.

Cheddarchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 105

#9 Cheddarchet
Member since 2006 • 375 Posts

@pyro1245: All of the subsequent ToS remasters being 30 fps always frustrates me. I usually don't mind 30 vs. 60 fps as much, but it already exists! I know there were reasons for the initial downgrade when it got ported to PS2, but once it was back on more powerful hardware...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#10 nintendoboy16  Online
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

I do. Love mine... Metroid Prime, SoulCalibur II, Wind Waker, Sims games, Naruto CON, DBZ Budokai... my favorite Nintendo console behind Switch.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

It's one of my favourite consoles of all time, love it. Still own and play it occasionally. Has some brilliant games on it and still love the controller.

Aandyjbkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Aandyjbkr
Member since 2022 • 5 Posts

I never had a Gamecube but the fact my original Wii can play Gamecube games opened up a lot of unplayed games for me.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@Alexander2cents: the switch is way better than the GameCube period it has more better games and goldeneye

monika01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By monika01
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

thanks for sharing this learned a lot from the comments section thank you

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#15 The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

In terms of exclusives and unique experiences, I thought the GameCube was better than the PS2 or the original Xbox, though I loved all three.

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#16 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 705 Posts

@mariokart64fan: too bad the Nintendo exclusives outside Mario Odyssey and Zelda are just ports from the WiiU.