Brawls online still fails whoopie

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts
[QUOTE="snowman6251"][QUOTE="Innocent_J"]

for me its about a 50/50% chance.

half the time the online works perfectly, and half the time its umplayable

really sucks sometimes.

LordDrew64

I really can't play it most of the time. I sit there and I'm like "this is embarassing because the lag keeps screwing me up"

I know they can't tell who I am but I can't do a simple short hop turtle. He either jumps all the way or starts using the bug gas

mabye your wireless sucks... i never have problems unless its a with anyone match

I doubt its the wifi because all my other online games work fine

Avatar image for comstrikeiscool
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 comstrikeiscool
Member since 2004 • 3616 Posts

How do you guys keep having trouble? Sure, anonymous mode is epic Phail, just you wait 15 minutes just to connect to someone, but I have no problems playing against friends.Nobarai

Have you played online games with dedicated servers?

vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

Tonight I played online without lag the entire nightTheLordMagnus

Yeah, I played radom matches for an hour this morning with pratically no lag. Also, when you play with firends, ONLY play with those that have a green light, keep away frome the yellow and red light.

bigcalkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#54 bigcalkenobi
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts
With friends, my stuff has worked lag free nearly 100% of the time. Wtih anyone matches, its about a 50-50. Some games are lagless while others are horrible. Lately luch has been treating me great. I've been in several matches with skilled players with practically no lag.
snowskatefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 snowskatefreak
Member since 2007 • 208 Posts
Wow you guys are ridiculous. I recieve little lag EVER when playing smash online random or with friends. Ive got a really nice wireless connection so if you got a crap connection fix it and the online might play better. The problem with online matches is that people go on with crappy connections and even though yours may be good, they lag you down. These players will eventually just quite playing with the online, for it is extremely laggy. Then random matches will have alot less lag. I have been lucky and havent entered many matches with laggy players. When i do i simply leave and search for more players. For some reason i live in an area where players are found really fast (Canada is awsome!) so i dont have to wait very long for players. The online in ssbb doesnt disappoint me, and i find it rather fun.
DopeyDavoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DopeyDavoid
Member since 2004 • 5375 Posts

[QUOTE="Thiago26792"]Brawl's online is not working very good. But I think Mario Kart Wii will have a much better online. meimnobody

Why do people not realize that the Brawl online matches are not server based? It's p2p meaning your wii internet connection is making a direct connection to another wii. So if your connection sucks or you connect to someone else with a sucky connection then everyone with a decent to excellent connection will suffer lag until the loser with two tins and a string drops out. Then the game is lag free. Do not try a damn multiplayer online game if you have dialup you make everyone sufffer!!!

It's not Nintendo's fault if you have a sucky expierence in brawl wifi it's your fault for having a crappy internet connection or connecting to people with crappy internet connections.

No, it's because the game has a poor netcode that only suits extremely low latencies between players. It's not because of "sucky connections" but it IS nintendo's fault. It's not like you need a good connection to play this game online anyway. Want proof? When my internet was capped to 64kbits/s down and 64kbits/s up, i played against my friend from the same city. Guess what? it was fine! Sure he may of had to host, but you get the picture.

Dion4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Dion4ever
Member since 2008 • 680 Posts
No game is perfect.
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 comstrikeiscool

Wow you guys are ridiculous. I recieve little lag EVER when playing smash online random or with friends. Ive got a really nice wireless connection so if you got a crap connection fix it and the online might play better. The problem with online matches is that people go on with crappy connections and even though yours may be good, they lag you down. These players will eventually just quite playing with the online, for it is extremely laggy. Then random matches will have alot less lag. I have been lucky and havent entered many matches with laggy players. When i do i simply leave and search for more players. For some reason i live in an area where players are found really fast (Canada is awsome!) so i dont have to wait very long for players. The online in ssbb doesnt disappoint me, and i find it rather fun. snowskatefreak

Ridiculous? I think not. I'm running cable and playing against my buddy who lives 20 minutes from me who also has cable. Does it lag?...yes. Is it my connection?...no.

snowskatefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 snowskatefreak
Member since 2007 • 208 Posts
does he have a crappy connection, cause if he does it will bring yours down.
MexRoy10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 MexRoy10
Member since 2008 • 191 Posts

mr game and watches special sucks

comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 comstrikeiscool

does he have a crappy connection, cause if he does it will bring yours down.snowskatefreak

Nope, he has cable just like me.

dan543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63 dan543
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts
Wi Fi Random battles are a serious thing. I am dead serious about it. I mean, could they have make it worse? Every single aspect is so irritating. First if all, why such a long waiting time???!? That's the most annoying aspect of Basic and Team Brawls. Once you get to the Practice Stage you have to wait 70 stupid seconds. But thats not the worse part of it, if there is 1 seond left for the match to begin and someone else joins, you have to wait other stupid 70 seconds again until all the 4 player places have been filled. That's ridicolous and something I have 0 tolerance for. I just can't take it, i just can't accept to be a few seconds away from beggining a match and then I have to wait other 70 stupid seconds. And you know what's worse? The stupid lag when you play with 4 players!!! Yes, I actually pray for the stupid 70 seconds to end so I can begin a match with no lag. You play with 4 players and you get 1/3 frame per second. That's disgusting and I just can't take it anymore. Why is the Online for Brawl so bad!?!? Why does it suck so bad!!? This feature should have been epic and the game would be so much more enjoyable, instead, we got this crappy thing, because there's no way this can be called online gaming. Seriously, Nintendo do something! It sucks so bad that it stinks. The only matches that work are with friends codes, but guess what, friend codes suck big time! And why couldn't they make like a messenger system?!?! I have seen friends online many times but I'm unable to tell them to play a game, and calling them over the phone is no annoying that I won't do it. Makes me wanna puke...
elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts
makes me concerned about MKsnowman6251

Mario Kart Wii runs flawlessly. Don't worry about it.
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 comstrikeiscool

Wi Fi Random battles are a serious thing. I am dead serious about it. I mean, could they have make it worse? Every single aspect is so irritating. First if all, why such a long waiting time???!? That's the most annoying aspect of Basic and Team Brawls. Once you get to the Practice Stage you have to wait 70 stupid seconds. But thats not the worse part of it, if there is 1 seond left for the match to begin and someone else joins, you have to wait other stupid 70 seconds again until all the 4 player places have been filled. That's ridicolous and something I have 0 tolerance for. I just can't take it, i just can't accept to be a few seconds away from beggining a match and then I have to wait other 70 stupid seconds. And you know what's worse? The stupid lag when you play with 4 players!!! Yes, I actually pray for the stupid 70 seconds to end so I can begin a match with no lag. You play with 4 players and you get 1/3 frame per second. That's disgusting and I just can't take it anymore. Why is the Online for Brawl so bad!?!? Why does it suck so bad!!? This feature should have been epic and the game would be so much more enjoyable, instead, we got this crappy thing, because there's no way this can be called online gaming. Seriously, Nintendo do something! It sucks so bad that it stinks. The only matches that work are with friends codes, but guess what, friend codes suck big time! And why couldn't they make like a messenger system?!?! I have seen friends online many times but I'm unable to tell them to play a game, and calling them over the phone is no annoying that I won't do it. Makes me wanna puke...dan543

Sad, but true. :(

GoDsSoN770

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 GoDsSoN770
Member since 2004 • 964 Posts

Some of you seriously are ridiculous like someone stated earlier. I can't blame many of ya though, as some of you are most likely clueless kids, or someone who doesn't know jack about wireless networking. Unless I'm Brawling late night (11pm-2am), or around noon on a week day, it hardly ever takes longer than 30secs to find players to play. If itz taking you long, chances are your firewalled, or you need to open the proper ports, which is no ones fault but your own.

There were major lag problems when the game first came out, but thats been fixed. As someone else stated earlier, if your getting horrible lag, or freezing, its either your connection or someone that your playing against. I usually get little to no lag, and if It does lag and is unacceptable, i simply quit as fast as I can and find a new game.

If you have more than one device in your house using your wireless internet (wifi) , you should try and play when none of those other devices (laptops,pcs, other consoles) are being used. If you try playing while other people in the house are online, chances are your going to get lag during gameplay and mess it up for everyone else in the game.

You can't compare this games online to other wifi connection games, because the structure is obviously different as someone already stated. You are connecting directly to other Wii systems, no to a server. The server only does the matchmaking. You also have to remember during peak hours (when most people are playing) your chances of entering a lag infested game increase. Not only this, there are people in Europe and other countries with American copies of the game playing online which causes lag. Distance effects the lag...

BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts

Some of you seriously are ridiculous like someone stated earlier. I can't blame many of ya though, as some of you are most likely clueless kids, or someone who doesn't know jack about wireless networking. Unless I'm Brawling late night (11pm-2am), or around noon on a week day, it hardly ever takes longer than 30secs to find players to play. If itz taking you long, chances are your firewalled, or you need to open the proper ports, which is no ones fault but your own.

There were major lag problems when the game first came out, but thats been fixed. As someone else stated earlier, if your getting horrible lag, or freezing, its either your connection or someone that your playing against. I usually get little to no lag, and if It does lag and is unacceptable, i simply quit as fast as I can and find a new game.

If you have more than one device in your house using your wireless internet (wifi) , you should try and play when none of those other devices (laptops,pcs, other consoles) are being used. If you try playing while other people in the house are online, chances are your going to get lag during gameplay and mess it up for everyone else in the game.

You can't compare this games online to other wifi connection games, because the structure is obviously different as someone already stated. You are connecting directly to other Wii systems, no to a server. The server only does the matchmaking. You also have to remember during peak hours (when most people are playing) your chances of entering a lag infested game increase. Not only this, there are people in Europe and other countries with American copies of the game playing online which causes lag. Distance effects the lag...

GoDsSoN770

I don't need to open up any ports if my router's firewall is disabled, right?