Brawls online still fails whoopie

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts

I've refrained from using it other than to get smash service but today I spent a nice chunk of time on it and guess what, it still sucks

I did some random matches and yes the lag from hell returned. In one game it was exceptionally bad and went LITERALLY frame by frame with like 3 second delays between each -.-

all this lag makes it so I can't do anything fancy as I can't time anything right. It NEVER lets me choose the level. Ever. Even when I stay in the same group for a long time. I keep picking delfino isle or norfair and its always final destination

I hate the 2 minute thing. People can win off of dumb luck due to things like the retarted "Who gets the kill" system and people kill steal a lot. I get kirby to 120 damage and I go in for the kill but nope Captain Falcon knocks me out of the way and steals it -.-

Plus I hate items. I always play with them off because they annoy me but nope, I can't.

Oh and I TRIED to do a friend match because I saw one of the people on my friend list was "waiting for brawl 2/4"

I tried to join and it kept telling me things like "this player has changed their status so you have to go back to the main menu and load online again lol"

Then I saw another one of my friends "in brawl" so I waited and waited and waited and either this was the most epicly long battle in history or I kept missing it.

And the part that angers me most is SPECTATOR MODE! Why is it that there is NO lag whatsoever in ANY spectator match but as soon as I try to play I get 1/3 frames per second.

Oh and I want to play a 1 vs 1 match instead of a brawl but nope I can't. One time there were only 2 players but nope, they added comps.

Why does the online fail so hard ._.

makes me concerned about MK

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Brawl's online is not working very good. But I think Mario Kart Wii will have a much better online.
jfkunrendered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 jfkunrendered
Member since 2005 • 8298 Posts

I gave up on random online matches a while ago. Playing with a few guys at your house kills online anyway. Also, they should include the option of Stock. I cant play unless its stock...only way to play for me.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 snowman6251

I gave up on random online matches a while ago. Playing with a few guys at your house kills online anyway. Also, they should include the option of Stock. I cant play unless its stock...only way to play for me.

jfkunrendered

same. the time limit thing makes it too easy for someone to get some stupid lucky kill and magically win the whole match

if it was stock that lucky kill wouldn't count for anything and could easily be undone

Innocent_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Innocent_J
Member since 2006 • 1821 Posts

for me its about a 50/50% chance.

half the time the online works perfectly, and half the time its umplayable

really sucks sometimes.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 snowman6251

really sucks sometimes.

Innocent_J

I really can't play it most of the time. I sit there and I'm like "this is embarassing because the lag keeps screwing me up"

I know they can't tell who I am but I can't do a simple short hop turtle. He either jumps all the way or starts using the bug gas

starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
The only good part of online is stage sharing
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 snowman6251

The only good part of online is stage sharingstarmetroid

well whats the point if you can't play on that stage together?

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts
The spectator mode is not "live". That's why there's no lag.
starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts

[QUOTE="starmetroid"]The only good part of online is stage sharingsnowman6251

well whats the point if you can't play on that stage together?

that's true but atleast you can see them in real life
Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
The only good part of online is stage sharingstarmetroid
The picture and replay sharing is also a good use of the Wi-fi.
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#12 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
Online isn't too bad for me, I get disconnected at times but if I get a match going it's more then likely to have little lag. And you can change the settings to no items, although it is guaranteed to be no items since the other players might have different setups. But I do agree with you on the friend match crap, I don't know what its about. For some reason now I have a horrible time connecting to friend matches.
Ugotownedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ugotownedo
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
I bought a Wii mainly for this game, but it disappoints. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but the online licks. It could've been much better. And don't give me that "but the online is free!" argument again.
AguFightingOxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AguFightingOxy
Member since 2005 • 75 Posts

I've refrained from using it other than to get smash service but today I spent a nice chunk of time on it and guess what, it still sucks

I did some random matches and yes the lag from hell returned. In one game it was exceptionally bad and went LITERALLY frame by frame with like 3 second delays between each -.-

all this lag makes it so I can't do anything fancy as I can't time anything right. It NEVER lets me choose the level. Ever. Even when I stay in the same group for a long time. I keep picking delfino isle or norfair and its always final destination

I hate the 2 minute thing. People can win off of dumb luck due to things like the retarted "Who gets the kill" system and people kill steal a lot. I get kirby to 120 damage and I go in for the kill but nope Captain Falcon knocks me out of the way and steals it -.-

Plus I hate items. I always play with them off because they annoy me but nope, I can't.

Oh and I TRIED to do a friend match because I saw one of the people on my friend list was "waiting for brawl 2/4"

I tried to join and it kept telling me things like "this player has changed their status so you have to go back to the main menu and load online again lol"

Then I saw another one of my friends "in brawl" so I waited and waited and waited and either this was the most epicly long battle in history or I kept missing it.

And the part that angers me most is SPECTATOR MODE! Why is it that there is NO lag whatsoever in ANY spectator match but as soon as I try to play I get 1/3 frames per second.

Oh and I want to play a 1 vs 1 match instead of a brawl but nope I can't. One time there were only 2 players but nope, they added comps.

snowman6251

If you don't like the zaniness and differentness of Smash Brothers, as well as items, play a different game. As for the online, it could be alot better, but it satisfies me. I just wish everybody would be talking on the phone with the person they are fighting with to see how superior a game is with voice chat.

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts
It still sucks? Wow. I'm about ready to sell it.
Avatar image for comstrikeiscool
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 comstrikeiscool
Member since 2004 • 3616 Posts
Here's my problem with this game. I bought this game for playing with my friends and online. The fact they even put online in this game when timing is everything and the lag is ridiculous is beyond me. Why can't they make it so you can find people to play in a lobby?...and why is it only set to time? It just doesn't make sense to me as the publishers seem to not realize the backing this game has from hardcore fans. Another huge problem, though, is the friend codes. Who wants to put in a 15 (?) digit code for every person they play? What's even worse is the other person has to "Accept." Sorry, but they really blew online in this. I love playing with my buddies here, but until Nintendo gets out ofthe 1990's I'll stick to offline.
MiiOnWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 MiiOnWii
Member since 2008 • 281 Posts
nothing wrong with smash if you play with friends.....with random people, it is HORRIBLE, it still lags and it still takes forever to find a match, i agree with you i'll just play offline until mario kart comes out, i hope the online will be much better
pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

I know someone earlier said don't use the "but it's free!" argument but here goes: IT'S FREE!! Geez, you get what you pay for, know what I mean? Online on the Wii is just a nice bonus. All the games are built with single player or local multiplayer inmind so online play is just an addition. And the wifi in brawl isn't even that bad to me. Maybe you all just have slow internet connections and just don't realize it. I occasionally have match that's just too laggy to play. But thats in all online games. When you can get in a group with good connnections and just keep playing the same group of people for 10+ matches or so, the online is really fun.

And in the topic post for this thread, snowman says he hates the online because the items make it too unpredicatable and people always steal your kill. Both of those arguments are completely unrelated to the online. That's just a part of the game and if you don't like it, then this may not be the game for you.

chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6281 Posts
The thing I don't like about online (besides getting disconnected most of the time when attempting to find players) is that the matches are only 2 minutes long. Come on that is way to short. lucky kills= win most of the time. 5 minutes i think is perfect.
Quiksilver0519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Quiksilver0519
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts
I can't even connect to a match, it's really annoying because it's one of the main reasons I got the game. I can play with friends, but that's it.
TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
Tonight I played online without lag the entire night
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#22 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
Play "With Friends" I have about 54 people on my friend list. Barely any lag.
Swixer-Swaxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Swixer-Swaxer
Member since 2008 • 582 Posts

Brawl's online is not working very good. But I think Mario Kart Wii will have a much better online. Thiago26792

it does!

meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts

Brawl's online is not working very good. But I think Mario Kart Wii will have a much better online. Thiago26792

Why do people not realize that the Brawl online matches are not server based? It's p2p meaning your wii internet connection is making a direct connection to another wii. So if your connection sucks or you connect to someone else with a sucky connection then everyone with a decent to excellent connection will suffer lag until the loser with two tins and a string drops out. Then the game is lag free. Do not try a damn multiplayer online game if you have dialup you make everyone sufffer!!!

It's not Nintendo's fault if you have a sucky expierence in brawl wifi it's your fault for having a crappy internet connection or connecting to people with crappy internet connections.

pro_gamer12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 pro_gamer12345
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
Yea. I expected much more from the online play of Brawl. And I also hate the time Limit thing. People always tend to steal my KO's and they always tend to win afterwards.
CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

Here's my problem with this game. I bought this game for playing with my friends and online. The fact they even put online in this game when timing is everything and the lag is ridiculous is beyond me. Why can't they make it so you can find people to play in a lobby?...and why is it only set to time? It just doesn't make sense to me as the publishers seem to not realize the backing this game has from hardcore fans. Another huge problem, though, is the friend codes. Who wants to put in a 15 (?) digit code for every person they play? What's even worse is the other person has to "Accept." Sorry, but they really blew online in this. I love playing with my buddies here, but until Nintendo gets out ofthe 1990's I'll stick to offline.comstrikeiscool

You sir, are so correct, that if a nintendo staff read this, would quit his job. Nintendo has simply failed their fan's for SSB online. I am currently no longer a fan but I'll throw down anyone of my friends at the aprtment looking for a challenge. I have CONSTANT LAG ISSUES when i play online.

I feel your pain...

Innocent_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Innocent_J
I just REALLY hope Mario Kart will have much better wifi. If its anything like SSBB online i'll cry.
Innocent_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Innocent_J

[QUOTE="comstrikeiscool"]Here's my problem with this game. I bought this game for playing with my friends and online. The fact they even put online in this game when timing is everything and the lag is ridiculous is beyond me. Why can't they make it so you can find people to play in a lobby?...and why is it only set to time? It just doesn't make sense to me as the publishers seem to not realize the backing this game has from hardcore fans. Another huge problem, though, is the friend codes. Who wants to put in a 15 (?) digit code for every person they play? What's even worse is the other person has to "Accept." Sorry, but they really blew online in this. I love playing with my buddies here, but until Nintendo gets out ofthe 1990's I'll stick to offline.CoreoVII

You sir, are so correct, that if a nintendo staff read this, would quit his job. Nintendo has simply failed their fan's for SSB online. I am currently no longer a fan but I'll throw down anyone of my friends at the aprtment looking for a challenge. I have CONSTANT LAG ISSUES when i play online.

I feel your pain...

So very true, nintendo did fail with ssbb online. And friend codes is really starting to piss me off. They need to get rid of it. I'm no longer willing to go through all the trouble just to add someone to my friends list who i probably won't even play with that much. Hell no.

Jazunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jazunn
Member since 2007 • 666 Posts
What i don't understand is that the multiplayer for Strikers was very good. Why couldn't they copy the exact formula?
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
I can't even call Brawl's online mode, a real online mode.. I had more options and depth over a decade ago on online pc games.
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 snowman6251
[QUOTE="snowman6251"]

AguFightingOxy

If you don't like the zaniness and differentness of Smash Brothers, as well as items, play a different game. As for the online, it could be alot better, but it satisfies me. I just wish everybody would be talking on the phone with the person they are fighting with to see how superior a game is with voice chat.

you know theres a reason they allow you to turn all that "zaniness" off. Because not everyone likes it. I find the game is MUCH more fun without stupid crap like "OMG I GOT THE GOLDEN HAMMER! This comepletely makes up for me sucking terribly so now I can stand a chance against good people"

I dislike items and I choose to turn them off and it enhances the experience for me. You like items and leave them on and it enhances the experience for you. Its all opinon so don't come on here and tell me if I don't like items I can't play the game

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 snowman6251

I know someone earlier said don't use the "but it's free!" argument but here goes: IT'S FREE!! Geez, you get what you pay for, know what I mean? Online on the Wii is just a nice bonus. All the games are built with single player or local multiplayer inmind so online play is just an addition. And the wifi in brawl isn't even that bad to me. Maybe you all just have slow internet connections and just don't realize it. I occasionally have match that's just too laggy to play. But thats in all online games. When you can get in a group with good connnections and just keep playing the same group of people for 10+ matches or so, the online is really fun.

And in the topic post for this thread, snowman says he hates the online because the items make it too unpredicatable and people always steal your kill. Both of those arguments are completely unrelated to the online. That's just a part of the game and if you don't like it, then this may not be the game for you.

pjacobson21

Well in the mode I play neither one of these make a difference. Stock: Kill stealing doesn't matter. The other guy loses a life so I don't care. No Items: I hate items. They annoy me. I turn them off. Problem solved

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 snowman6251

What i don't understand is that the multiplayer for Strikers was very good. Why couldn't they copy the exact formula?Jazunn

and there's another thing!

people say "its your internet connection. it sucks. get a new one."

strikers works fine for me

MOH, although not from nintendo, works fine for me

BWii works fine for me

Guitar Hero, also not nintendo, works fine for me

Triforce108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Triforce108
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts

snowman6251

First of all map choosing is by chance.The more people choosing Final Destination the more likely it will happen.

Secondly the guy who was brawling was in a random match,and it probably took so long because he was either waiting a long time for players to be found or the game doesn't distinguish whether he was in the random match menu or not.

Third,matches that are replayed don't show any lag at all.Try it for yourself if you don't belive me.

Fourth, computers are only added every other time there is a person or two missing in Basic Brawl.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 snowman6251
[QUOTE="snowman6251"]

Triforce108

First of all map choosing is by chance.The more people choosing Final Destination the more likely it will happen.

Secondly the guy who was brawling was in a random match,and it probably took so long because he was either waiting a long time for players to be found or the game doesn't distinguish whether he was in the random match menu or not.

Third,match that are replayed don't show any lag at all.Try it for yourself if you don't belive me.

Fourth, comps are only added every other time there is a person or two missing in Basic Brawl.

first: that's lame because I can only handle so much final destination

second: it wasn't a random match. It says "in basic brawl" if you're in a random match. His said "brawling" or something

third: I've noticed that. I just didn't know spectator mode was replays

fourth: why do they have to add comps. A one on one match would be awesome but they have to go and add 2 level 3 comps which are basically just kill farms and take out a lot of fun

BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts
Just be happy you can even find people to play with. I have completely given up on online multiplayer with Brawl. I can never connect with anyone, I just hit the punching bag until it kicks me out. My internet connection is great, so thats not the problem. But whatever...
Triforce108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Triforce108
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts

first: that's lame because I can only handle so much final destination

second: it wasn't a random match. It says "in basic brawl" if you're in a random match. His said "brawling" or something

third: I've noticed that. I just didn't know spectator mode was replays

fourth: why do they have to add comps. A one on one match would be awesome but they have to go and add 2 level 3 comps which are basically just kill farms and take out a lot of fun

snowman6251

There were so many quotes my message wouldn't fit...

Maybe you could get lucky withou map or other people will avoid Final Destination at all costs.

You didn't read all of my second point...I said that he might be just in the Random Match menu... -_-

Atleast its only every other time.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 snowman6251

There were so many quotes my message wouldn't fit...

Triforce108

you could get rid of the quotes ._.

TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#39 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts
I think the reason that your online sucks is because either your or their connection sucks. I guess I'm one of the few that have played about 5 or 6 random matches and only about 2 of those had any lag at all, and both were bearable.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I did some random matches and yes the lag from hell returned.snowman6251

I played basic brawl for about an hour this morning. The first match disconnected after about thirty seconds, but it wasn't lagging before that. I had zero lag problems after that. This has been typical for the last two weeks or so. Only the occasional match will have lag.

It NEVER lets me choose the level. Ever. Even when I stay in the same group for a long time. I keep picking delfino isle or norfair and its always final destinationsnowman6251

I haven't found that to be true at all. Final destination does show up too much, but my stage is chosen often enough for me.

I get kirby to 120 damage and I go in for the kill but nope Captain Falcon knocks me out of the way and steals it -.-snowman6251

That's just part of the game. Your job is to prevent people from stealing your kills.

Plus I hate items. I always play with them off because they annoy me but nope, I can't.snowman6251

The first three matches I played today were item-less. If you turn off items, it increases your chances to play without items.

Basic Brawl wasn't meant to be a mode full of options. It was meant to be something that you can play immediately. If it were full of options, you'd have to wait for the system to find people who wanted to play with the same options as you do. That would suck.

All I can suggest is that you add more people to your friends list. Then you can have much more control over how you want to play online.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#41 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I too dont enjoy online. When i face friends who live about 5 minutes away from me and still get unbearable lag, i get pissed. Its not our internet connections either, because we've played other games like mario strikers: charged or guitar hero 3, and dont get as much lag as we do in ssbb.
andrewham7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 andrewham7
Member since 2004 • 440 Posts
playing online with friends works very well though
trumpettruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 trumpettruck
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

the random online matches work if you're willing to wait with people

but the way to go is just to take the time to add some people from the friend list - i spent 3-4 hours this morning playing tons of matches - if you're on facebook add the smash brothers net application - it's awesome and finds people in your area! you can add people and there's also a live chat room for easy setting up matches.

LordDrew64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LordDrew64
Member since 2008 • 301 Posts
[QUOTE="Innocent_J"]

really sucks sometimes.

snowman6251

I really can't play it most of the time. I sit there and I'm like "this is embarassing because the lag keeps screwing me up"

I know they can't tell who I am but I can't do a simple short hop turtle. He either jumps all the way or starts using the bug gas

mabye your wireless sucks... i never have problems unless its a with anyone match
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#45 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
Yeah, even when I play with my friends online there is still some lag. Nintendo is pathetic. And the two minute limit on random matches is rediculous.
beto22323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 beto22323
Member since 2007 • 1157 Posts
i havent that problem with friends, but with any1, its too laggy!!!!!!!!!!!!, in smash records, i have with friend 10 hours, and with any1, just 1 hour, but its really good playing with friends, i havent lag, so, if you want, add me 3952 7049 4322...
Avatar image for Eternal_Phoenix
Eternal_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Eternal_Phoenix
Member since 2003 • 9227 Posts
yeah, the online still sucks, but I have found that opening all my routers port for the Wii greatly increased the online service performance, although I still have to wait about 5 minutes to get a basic match with lag... :( )
Avatar image for orangeturtle472
OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 OrangeTurtle472
Member since 2007 • 2636 Posts

snowman6251

to answer this question, specator mode is actually recorded games. They aren't matches happening when you watch them, they've been recorded from before and the lag isn't shown. I'm pretty sure that's why.

Nobarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 Nobarai
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts
How do you guys keep having trouble? Sure, anonymous mode is epic Phail, just you wait 15 minutes just to connect to someone, but I have no problems playing against friends.
twilight_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 twilight_69
Member since 2005 • 178 Posts
I dont get the point of spectator mode...wats the point of watching someone else play, if you want to learn new techniques and strategies just play more