Bought my Wii yesterday, taking it back tomorrow!

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Brandon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Brandon_
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts

This is not a flame. I am simply amazed at the lack of games on the WII. I have the upmost respect for long time nintendo gamers. However, I never liked mario, smash brothers, mario cart, pokemon, etc. The top rated games on the WII all belong in those categories. I only found 1 cool game "no more heroes" and thats it. I'm a 22 year old gamer looking for games, not childs play. Nintendo also wants you to shell out 35$ for component cables!!!How is this thing outselling the rest of the systems?

(ps if there are any good games not related to mario, donkey kong, pokemon, etc. please let me know)

sullivan352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sullivan352
Member since 2008 • 501 Posts
why would you buy a wii if you know you didnt like nintendo characters. thats like buying a 360 and saying u dont like Shooters then there isnt much left. youre right, there are not many other great games other than mario, but thats the reason most people get a wii.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Congrats
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

This is not a flame. I am simply amazed at the lack of games on the WII. I have the upmost respect for long time nintendo gamers. However, I never liked mario, smash brothers, mario cart, pokemon, etc. The top rated games on the WII all belong in those categories. I only found 1 cool game "no more heroes" and thats it. I'm a 22 year old gamer looking for games, not childs play. Nintendo also wants you to shell out 35$ for component cables!!!How is this thing outselling the rest of the systems?

(ps if there are any good games not related to mario, donkey kong, pokemon, etc. please let me know)

Brandon_

Things like that make me sad.
Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
metroid prime 3, medal of honour heroes 2, resident evil 4, resident evil UC, battalion wars 2, fire emblem, okami, pro evo 2008. its not that hard to do abit of research yourself you know
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

What games do you actually have?

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

Brandon_

I kinda agree with you, but I love the Mario games, but I'm not a fan of smash brothers or pokemon so right now the games dont really seem all that great but you should try MP3 its pretty good and looks nice

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

I'm a 22 year old gamer looking for games, not childs play. Brandon_

That is such an immature statement.

Hey, next time you should research a product before you shell out $250.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

why would you buy a wii if you know you didnt like nintendo characters. thats like buying a 360 and saying u dont like Shooters then there isnt much left. youre right, there are not many other great games other than mario, but thats the reason most people get a wii. sullivan352

That's true. That's why I won't get a 360. Shooters took the market and they oversaturated it. However, I want more Wii games than 360 and PS3 games and by the way I'm 24.

Here's what I'm looking right now for the immediate future.

Tales of Symphonia 2
Fragile
Little King's Story
Fatal Frame IV
Deadly Creatures
Sonic Unleashed
Spyborgs
Mushroom Men

rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts

as soon as you said "$35 for components" I know that you are pathetic at research.

I want a PS3 for MGS4 but that does not mean I will buy the console at launch. Whats worse is that

1) you are 22, kids show the same behavior as you

2) you are a hardcore gamer ie mostly hardocre gamers come to forums.

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

You're taking it back?

DUDE! Sell it on ebay!

shearMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shearMario
Member since 2003 • 2134 Posts
You bought a console before checking out the software what an idiot! Why do I get the feeling you are talking BS?
srbbnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 srbbnd
Member since 2005 • 386 Posts
I have a feeling you are just a bitter PS3 owner wishing you had a Wii. However, you are broke due to all the money you shelled out for your PS3.
obsolete2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 obsolete2k1
Member since 2007 • 990 Posts

I call fakeboy, unless you really are that dumb not to look into what games a system has before you buy it. eitherway, dumb.

on another note, is it still hard to find a wii where you guys are? you can usually find one here pretty easily, I went into a Shoppers Drug Mart the other day and they had a little section of games and four wiis for sale.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#15 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Shoudlnt' you have done this research BEFORE your bought the wii?

I don't really have any sympathy for you. It's your job to look at the library and decide if it's the right sonsole for you

JMC987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JMC987
Member since 2005 • 193 Posts

I actually sort of agree with the TC. Although I am really enjoying my Wii so far (bought it last week), I can't seem to help the fact that there is just something missing. I have Smash Bros., Mario Kart, and Mario Galaxy, and those games are fun and all, but they do not seem to justify my $250 purchase.

I think the Wii has great potential, but right now it just seems a little boring to me. Don't get me wrong - this is definately the most inovative and coolest console I have ever owned, but for right now, I'll probably just go back to my 360.

ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

This is not a flame.....I'm a 22 year old gamer looking for games, not childs play......

Brandon_

Coulda fooled me.....

I'm a 22 year old gamer as well, and the Wii is easily my favorite console out right now, I'm even saying that as an XBox 360 owner. You were acting childish by not researching the console and it's software before spending all that money on it. Better luck next time.....

On a side note, you can get component cables for around $5-10 depending on where you look. Good job.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts

You don't like Nintendo games and bought a Wii? Epic phail.

Oh, and you wonder why the Wii sells so much? Because most of the people do like at least some Nintendo games.

captainfork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 captainfork
Member since 2005 • 189 Posts

There are some good games in the FPS sector coming up that you should check out, mainly The Conduit and Call of Duty 5. Don't forget Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and MadWorld, too (although I wouldn't personally play MadWorld, because it's violence is too much for my taste...). Again, Metroid Prime 3, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Battalion Wars, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, and Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles are all great games as well. I would also advise at least renting some of the other greats, such as Mario Galaxy, if you haven't tried them yet.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
your research skills are incredible. You should throw in your Virtual Boy and Jaguar system along with it.
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
ok... so let me get this straight... you bought a wii just out of the blue, without having any sort of game plan, decide that you dont like it, and am now going to return it? well... your loss, i hope they let you return it just because you dont like it due to lack of games that interest you
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts
Why would you buy a game console that you knew the games on it didn't interest you?
effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 effthat
Member since 2007 • 2314 Posts

I second the call of shenanigans. If you knew anything about the Wii, you would have known the available games, would have known that the component cables can be bought cheaper, would have known that you could net a couple hundred on ebay, and wouldn't be talking about how you're too old for this console.

If you somehow managed to walk into a store that had one and still know absolutely nothing about this product, then you're only begging the question of how you could be considered a "hardcore" gamer and know nothing about the fastest selling console in HISTORY!!

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 randomguy15
Member since 2008 • 1981 Posts

Brandon_

what about the ledgend of zelda TP?

rockwii13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 rockwii13
Member since 2007 • 611 Posts

If you've already taken it back, then you've made a big mistake. Here are some games that you ought to try:

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

2. Super Mario Galaxy

3. Wii Fit

4. Mario Kart Wii

5. No More Heroes

6. Resident Evil 4 Wii

7. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

8. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

9. Guitar Hero 3 or Aerosmith

10. House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return

11. Alone in the Dark

12. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

13. The Godfather: Blackhand Edition

14. Bully Scholarship Edition

15. Wii Zapper + Link's Crossbow Training

16. Medal of Honor Heroes 2

17. Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

18. Okami Wii

19. Rock Band

There. Now you have a list of things Nintendo and nonNintendo. If you don't like any of these then you either need to broaden your horizon or give up on being a gamer.

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 randomguy15
Member since 2008 • 1981 Posts

If you've already taken it back, then you've made a big mistake. Here are some games that you ought to try:

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

2. Super Mario Galaxy

3. Wii Fit

4. Mario Kart Wii

5. No More Heroes

6. Resident Evil 4 Wii

7. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

8. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

9. Guitar Hero 3 or Aerosmith

10. House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return

11. Alone in the Dark

12. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

13. The Godfather: Blackhand Edition

14. Bully Scholarship Edition

15. Wii Zapper + Link's Crossbow Training

16. Medal of Honor Heroes 2

17. Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

18. Okami Wii

19. Rock Band

There. Now you have a list of things Nintendo and nonNintendo. If you don't like any of these then you either need to broaden your horizon or give up on being a gamer.

rockwii13

he said he didn't like mario, smash bros., donkey kong ect. but the other recommendations are good choices.

Nightingale27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nightingale27
Member since 2006 • 661 Posts
For the hardcore gamer, if the wii is compared to the gamecube, it has quite a bit of fail... they need more 3rd party support; simply not enough games are being made (if they had more, the wii would be awesome).
Avatar image for GhostOfSparta21
GhostOfSparta21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 GhostOfSparta21
Member since 2008 • 296 Posts

You don't like Nintendo games and bought a Wii? Epic phail.

Oh, and you wonder why the Wii sells so much? Because most of the people do like at least some Nintendo games.

Thiago26792

Off subject, but does your sig mean ticking prince... ticking?? i am pretty sure that is what it means.

muffinduck01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 muffinduck01
Member since 2007 • 317 Posts

wow... that is just idotic

i was 15 when i bought my wii and did plenty of resherch to make sure i had games i knew i would like

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

Brandon_

Wow, what a shallow view of gaming you have. What do you mean lack of games on the Wii? How could you not like Mario, or Smash Bros for that matter? I can understand if you don't like Pokemon, there's a lot of people that don't. But come on now, it almost sounds like you're afraid to give great games a chance. I'm 22 as well, and I've always enjoyed just about everything that Nintendo has to offer. If you're looking for games as you say, then Nintendo is the best choice and selling your Wii is well, absurd. There's a ton of great games that aren't related to Mario, Donkey Kong, Pokemon, games like Zelda: Twighlight Princess, Wii Fit, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, Endless Ocean, Guitar Hero 3, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Sonic and the Secret Rings. Not to mention there's a ton of Virtual Console and Wii Ware games to download. You should really keep your Wii and give it chance, you'll regret it later on.

vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts
By not posting this either mean he is playing with us or he is too ashame to post back.
black_ice23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 black_ice23
Member since 2003 • 1288 Posts

*cough* implusive buyer *cough*

yea you must not be very bright to buy a nintendo console and not like there stuff

either that your not a real gamer and didnt do your reserach or you are rich and have money to piss away

either way its not good,

and espcially that comment bout wii being childish and you are 22 looks like you are the child who know what they want

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
Sorry, voice of reason here: Did you research the game list before buying a wii? There is a large one, and many games are very good... but I would give you one thing, a lot of them have similiar art and graphics style which if you don't like that style, the game library shrinks considerably. This art style has nothing to do with maturity or age groups... prepare to be attacked for such a poor generalization.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

lol the guy bought it and realizes after that there's no games he likes.

You're making yourself look really smart there.

WolfWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WolfWatch
Member since 2007 • 882 Posts

Somebody I know said not everyone has common sense. I didn't believe him.. then.

But I research products so much before I buy them I end up not buying them. With that said research is never a bad thing, in fact the Wii has tons of fun things to do. It wont hurt anybody but you if you take it back.

ineedmoney555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ineedmoney555
Member since 2008 • 534 Posts
thats just stupid, what type of games are you into?
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts
Why in the HELL did you buy a Wii if you don't like Mario, Zelda, or Smash?! If you're not interested in those games, then go back to playing your 360 and making stupid threads.
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
Blog it, and research your purchase next time.
jewls555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jewls555
Member since 2007 • 6906 Posts
People, People the TC left. He hasn't posted since. He just made this thread to flame and get people mad. Obviously these were his intentions even though he said he's not flaming. Why would he post it here in the "NINTENDO WII" section where all of us hardcore Nintendo fans are. huh? you tell me, he justs wants to get people mad. He's just trying to be annoying.
IronManRhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 IronManRhino
Member since 2005 • 2135 Posts
Wow, you buying a wii and not liking nintendo games is like a gay dude getting married to jenna jameson and realizing he doesn't like sex with women, should've done some research.
wiretoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 wiretoss
Member since 2006 • 3030 Posts
[QUOTE="Brandon_"]

Haziqonfire

Things like that make me sad.

I agree.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

Brandon_

?? Were you living under a rock? Why buy a system in the first place if you don't even know what games it has.

Zelda TP, RE:4, Metroid Prime 3.......all those are good games (at least I think so).

If you think No More Heroes is the only good game on Wii I feel sorry for you, thats the only Wii game so far I regret buying and I only paid $30 for it. Talk about the most over rated piece of beta trash.

fleig_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 fleig_man
Member since 2006 • 858 Posts
huh, so this is what I've been missing on the forums? *goes back to play Blast Works*
fowler75291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 fowler75291
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts
Same reason i sold my wii, fun at first, but theres wasnt that many games to keep me entertained
Mario-Sonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Mario-Sonic
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Why would you buy a Wii if there are no games you like on it. Thats what nintendo makes most of their games about: Childs play. You should know since you supossedly love nintendo so much.:question:
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
I don't know why anyone would by a system without checking out it's games first.
aikimagicjedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 aikimagicjedi
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts
I am a 30 yo gamer. I got my wii the very first week it came out. I knew there wouldn't be many good games at the beginning bcs ps2 reigned for so long that game producers were not paying much attention to nintendo. You'll see that will turn around now that nintendo has the most of the market.
I recommend for now MP3, Zelda, PES 2008, Resident Evil 4. -- It pisses me off that there are some tittles that wont come out for the wii though, but it'd be same if ive gotten the ps3.
jar3190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jar3190
Member since 2006 • 59 Posts
I dont necessarily agree with his reasoning but the fact is I havent touched my Wii in over 2 months
RoxasIrving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 RoxasIrving
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts
There nothing to say expect that u r the slowest person to buy a system without looking @ the games
legolasxbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 legolasxbow
Member since 2008 • 667 Posts
I "lol" at the TC, who buys a Nintendo console without liking Nintendo games?