Best Metroid Prime Game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Best Metroid Prime Game (46 votes)

Metroid Prime 57%
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes 17%
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption 26%

Keep in mind when considering Metroid Prime 1 and 2 that these could include the New Play Control! Versions as well as the trilogy version.

So the question is, on their own terms, which is the best(or your favorite) Metroid Prime game?

Metroid Prime: Most original game, my favorite design for Space Pirate enemies, very isolated feeling, very heavy Metroid feel.

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: Unique light dark idea, least experience with this game

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: Very interactive, a lot more control with Samus' ship, less isolated feeling with other NPC characters, I love that you can see Samus when using the scanner.

My choice is a split between 1 and 3 but I'm going to have to pick corruption since I am currently in love with it,

Tell me your choice fellow fans!

• 
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Prime >>>>>> Echos >>>>>> Corruption

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

no federation force???

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

Is there any answer that isn't the first one?

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I actually like 2 the most better graphics atmosphere music. The original was awesome but lacked the refinement 2 had.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

1 > 2 > 3

The 2nd and 3rd one tried to replicate the original and add their own spin on it. In the end, MP 1 was perfect and changing it in any way just made it slightly worse.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

1 then 2 then 3.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 judaspete  Online
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

I held off playing Echoes for years because people have mixed feelings about it, but it turned out to be my favorite of the three. Sure, the two world mechanic led to a lot of back tracking, but that just made it feel extra Metroidy.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#8 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Prime 1 > Prime 3 > Prime 2

The first Metroid Prime is a masterpiece.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

What is your opinion on the 3rd game? Most people have your view, 1st 3rd 2nd in that order, which I tend to agree with due to my lack of experience with the second game

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#10 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@mariokart97 said:

What is your opinion on the 3rd game? Most people have your view, 1st 3rd 2nd in that order, which I tend to agree with due to my lack of experience with the second game

I really like the approach they took to the 3rd game, especially coming off the 2nd. Corruption gives players multiple, interesting worlds to explore with their own lore, excellent boss battles, and Samus starts off better equipped. Backtracking was made much easier, thanks to landing pads in different areas of each world.

In Echos, I didn't like how she lost a bunch of her abilities right off the bat. I mean, you fought to get that stuff back in the first game and now it has to be done again? As much as I liked Aether, its dark counterpart wasn't as interesting. I didn't care too much for the Ing, either. Don't get me wrong, I like the 2nd game. I find it to be the weakest in the trilogy, though.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:
@mariokart97 said:

I really like the approach they took to the 3rd game, especially coming off the 2nd. Corruption gives players multiple, interesting worlds to explore with their own lore, excellent boss battles, and Samus starts off better equipped. Backtracking was made much easier, thanks to landing pads in different areas of each world.

In Echos, I didn't like how she lost a bunch of her abilities right off the bat. I mean, you fought to get that stuff back in the first game and now it has to be done again? As much as I liked Aether, its dark counterpart wasn't as interesting. I didn't care too much for the Ing, either. Don't get me wrong, I like the 2nd game. I find it to be the weakest in the trilogy, though.

Thanks for the well thought out response! I also like not starting with NONE of your previous abilities, which is acceptable in the first game because you have to earn them for the first time in the Prime series, as I like to think atleast. But in the 3rd I felt less isolated, which takes away some from the atmosphere of the first game, but the interactivity with Samus' ship, and all the times she uses her hands to open doors or other things, I truly felt like I was playing as Samus Aran. I also loved the detail of being able to see Samus' eyes when using the scanner. Little things like that go a long way

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts
@YearoftheSnake5 said:

^This...same view as mine. :P

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

Metroid prime.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@superbuuman said:
@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Why u no like Echoes D:

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

Metroid Prime Hunters!

*runs away*

I've... actually only played Hunters, none of the main three. :P But they're on my backlog!

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@Chozofication said:
@superbuuman said:
@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Why u no like Echoes D:

I do like Echoes..just not as much as I like Prime & Corruption... :P

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

It's tough. I thoroughly enjoyed all of them.

Metroid Prime 3 had a "large-scale" feel to it. The other bounty hunters were involved, the Federation was heavily featured. It was really well done.

Metroid Prime was the first game with excellent environments.

Metroid Prime 2 had the dark world, and was more technical as you had to conserve light and dark ammo.

They're all great but I'd have to say 1>>3>>2.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#18 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Prime 1 because the immersive game world followed by 3 which had good pacing. I did like 2 but the alternate world was annoying.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#19 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

I loved 3 because of its controls and more of a grand scope across the game.

romahnae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 romahnae
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

even though im late to the game- i just recently picked up from where i left off in the trilogy version because, the gameplay videos on youtube featuring the doom game reminded me of metroid prime for some reason.

unlike the majority of ppl, my favorite is metroid prime 3. my only dislike about it is stacked beams. i like the beams but i'd much rather choosing between them. they could of simply move hypermode to the #2 and do away with it's original purpose of hints, freeing up the + button to choose between them prime 3 beams! the beams are another story, truthfully, i like all of them from prime 1-3.

to me, prime 3 had a good story along with new interesting characters, you really felt like you're actually apart of a team before long.. i guess that could contribute to why some critics bashed the game so much because it didn't felt 'completely isolated'. and another complaint was that is too linar. it wasn't. overall the trilogy was definitely fun! i've beaten each game 7 times.

gopre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 gopre
Member since 2003 • 210 Posts

Metroid Prime 1 - Was a breakthrough in the next generation of gaming. Even though I hated it when compared to Halo, have almost nothing in common, MP1 is easily a must play for almost all gamers. First person shooting/maneuverability was outstanding, exploration/discovery of this, that and the other gave it an extended amount of play time, and simply finishing the game was an accomplishment. Spent countless hour playing MP1. When an updated version was released on the Wii it was a must buy.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Corruption>Prime 1>Echoes.

Trust me when I say it was very difficult to place each title best to worse. I originally was gonna say Metroid Prime 1 was a no-brainer, the best. But going back and thinking on it, the other 2 were actually more refined and their worlds felt more....alive. And I also liked that they had an actual decent story going for them too. I felt that Corruption took the best aspects of both games and was able to meld them together for an enjoyable adventure (Still had its own problems though so it was far from perfect).

Out of the 3, I liked Prime 1's suit designs so much more despite them simply being retexture versions of the same suit. And though I liked the idea behind Echoes Dark/Light World, it did get a bit annoying at times which is the primary reason why I have Prime 1 over Echoes. What Echoes does have over Prime 1, IMO, is better boss battles, better suit upgrades (Outside of Beam upgrades), and all that was mentioned earlier.

I would go much further in-depth for the reasons behind my rankings but I just don't feel like writing paragraphs right now so I tried to just summarize the best I can...

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

I've only played the first one.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 judaspete  Online
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

Prime 1 is my favorite, but they are almost equally great. A persons favorite could very well be whichever one they play first.

Sahugani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 158

User Lists: 4

#25 Sahugani
Member since 2016 • 131 Posts

3 > 2 > 1 imo
They're all amazing games, but 3 really went all out on some of the levels and boss fights. Plus the controls were great.
Though I still think that 2 has the best visuals, and 1 has the best music

I also don't like how critics always single out the first game in a series with close releases (Prime, Spyro, DKC). They always give bonus points to the one that came first, even if the sequels are better games

Emily136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Emily136
Member since 2016 • 17 Posts

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. It still feels and looks familiar with the previous installments, but the visuals and cinematics are SO much better!!!

Z00M4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Z00M4
Member since 2016 • 114 Posts

Prime 1 > Prime 2 > Prime 3

I didn't finish Prime 3, but got far enough into it to see I was wasting my time with a subpar game when compared to the previous entries.

Prime 1 is gold. Prime 2 felt more like a "game world" and not a real world with atmosphere and depth like it felt in Prime 1.

gopre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 gopre
Member since 2003 • 210 Posts

Thanks for posting this thread. Now my free time will be taken up w/ Metroid Prime 1. lol And what a great game to eat up my free time!

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#29  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Having played all three back to back I feel that the three games change and progress very naturally. The NPC's in 3 are one of biggest complaints but in that trilogy I feel like it was the perfect progress in Samus' situation. It felt refreshing to me. If they make a new Prime game I would love to feel more isolation (at least at points) but if I had to rank these 3 I think the quality only improved as the series went on. I think 2 was better than 1, and 3 was better than 2. The ship stuff felt cool even though there was very little of it. If they ever solve the problem of walking around in VR, I would be 200% into a VR Prime game if only because of the way 3 starts. The atmosphere in these games is incredible. One of my favorite series, definitely my favorite FPS series if you would call it an FPS.