• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]I don't trust Nintendo on this as far as I can throw them.dzimm

Well, sure, you can be a pessimist, but as Iwata has pointed out, the 3DS is fully-loaded right from the start, so there's really no where else to take it. My gut tells me that the 3DS will be the most stable Nintendo handheld platform to date. In fact, I'll go ahead and predict that we won't see any notable updates for at least 3-years.

I'm not being a pessimist, (I didn't even say a new 3DS model would be a bad thing) I'm merely using the past to predict the future. ;)

gomakyle25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 gomakyle25
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts
it was abut time I got one. A while back a bought the red lite and after a while I grew out of it. Now that Pokemon is out, I play my moms pink lite so I can play. But I like everything about the 3DS. I know people think that for what it is, it isn't worth 250, it actually is. So many features and what not, especially 3D with no glasses (glasses for tv alone cost about 100$) and it has solid graphics for a handheld and much more. Its well worth 250 at its launch. So March 27, I will have the new 3DS and later this year Ocarina of Time 3D and all those good games. Can't wait!
dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#53 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

I know people think that for what it is, it isn't worth 250...gomakyle25

Which begs the question, what else would the 3DS need to have for these people to consider it worth the price?

Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

None of the launch titles really interest me. Maybe Lego Star Wars, but that's about it.

BUT... the hardware itself greatly interests me. So I traded my Lite in on a preorder today. Can't help it... I'm excited regardless.

gomakyle25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 gomakyle25
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts

[QUOTE="gomakyle25"]I know people think that for what it is, it isn't worth 250...dzimm

Which begs the question, what else would the 3DS need to have for these people to consider it worth the price?

One person said they wanted apps on it (didn't specify what these "apps" they wanted were). But I am not sure. When you think about it, next gen systems are increasing in price. The more that one thing has, they will increase the price. I can understand people saying, "this device costs as much as a 360 or PS3" or something, but thtas cause those had price drops. When they were first out, they were expensive. Something new, beyond its predecessor, is most likely going to be more money.
CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

Either waiting for games I actually want to come out (Zelda, Mario, etc.) or waiting for some kind of a price drop.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts

[QUOTE="riariases"]I'm hoping they won't make a 3DS Lite but if it does happen then they better include 3G.dzimm

Nintendo has said they won't consider adding 3G until they can offer it for free as they don't want to force people to pay extra to use their consoles.

I know but they could have even included a sim card slot for people who are willing to use their current data plans and then maybe if they work something out with a company then they can offer that 3G for free. And no company is gonna give out free 3G connectivity(the Kindle got it because it uses like 2mb a month) so they may as well add the 3G for those willing to pay.
MRBUCKMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 MRBUCKMASTER
Member since 2010 • 758 Posts
Im getting one in june for my Birthday.
thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts
I pre-ordered mine last month and yesterday pre-ordered another one.
hanzpumpsYOUup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 hanzpumpsYOUup
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts
Im going to get one... and the reason is almost solely pilotwings. Pilotwings 64 is probably my all time favorite game. IMO pilotwings 3ds has some big shoes to fill, (not to mention it better have a rocking soundtrack like the 64 version!!) couple of thoughts/questions... can anyone remember back to the release of the ds.. did any retailers do some type of promotional bundle at release? or does anyone know any decent preorder deals? Also, what are the chances mario galaxy would ever be released on the 3ds... could its processor/graphics card even handle it?
KingSmits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 KingSmits
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

i highly doubt i'll be getting it, because i've only just got a DS lite and i simply can't afford it

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
Im going to get one... and the reason is almost solely pilotwings. Pilotwings 64 is probably my all time favorite game. IMO pilotwings 3ds has some big shoes to fill, (not to mention it better have a rocking soundtrack like the 64 version!!) couple of thoughts/questions... can anyone remember back to the release of the ds.. did any retailers do some type of promotional bundle at release? or does anyone know any decent preorder deals? Also, what are the chances mario galaxy would ever be released on the 3ds... could its processor/graphics card even handle it?hanzpumpsYOUup
Capcom managed to run the PS3 demo of Resident Evil 5 on the 3DS. The resolution wasn't 1080p and the fps was probably under 30 but it still ran pretty good. They wouldn't even have to downgrade the resolution of Super Mario Galaxy that much and it would run full speed on the 3DS.
vgamefreak225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 vgamefreak225
Member since 2010 • 270 Posts

Man alot of people are planning to get it. I saw a video on it and it looks awesome.