• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vgamefreak225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vgamefreak225
Member since 2010 • 270 Posts

I know probably already about a million other people have posted this, but are you getting the 3DS or not? I might if the prices go down after it comes out. How about you?

-vgamefreak225

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

The price probably wont go down in years. The the original DS never went down in price.

I'm for the 3DS. But I'll be getting it when Zelda, Mario Kart, and Animal Crossing are all out.

Nubukon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nubukon
Member since 2010 • 404 Posts

I think the price is actually reasonable for a brand new, next-gen handheld. You can't compare the price of a brand new system to those that have been out for over half a decade.

Anyway, yes, I'm getting one.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Waiting for the 3DSLite later in the year that fixes all the glaring flaws of the 3DS

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

Day 1 for me. I've been waiting on the DS successor for years, so I don't plan on waiting.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

Waiting for the 3DSLite later in the year that fixes all the glaring flaws of the 3DSJaysonguy

:roll:

Anyway, Nintendo has already said there are no plans for a 3DS "Lite", which makes sense when you consider that the 3DS is the culmination of over 5-years of research and development of the DS platform.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

I'm waiting, not for a price drop, but for when more appealing games come out like Ocarina of Time and Mario Kart. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Waiting for the 3DSLite later in the year that fixes all the glaring flaws of the 3DS

Jaysonguy

We can all admire Jasonguys sheer force of will in the face of undeniable facts that tell him he is wrong. :roll:

I would counter your post, but we've been over this and you'll disappear from the topic when me and dzimm once again show you how wrong you are to expect a 3DS lite anytime soon :P

AwesomeKenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AwesomeKenny
Member since 2010 • 375 Posts
I pre-ordered the 3DS so I'm getting it when it comes out. :)
Smallville417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Smallville417
Member since 2009 • 437 Posts

Yes I will be getting it as soon as it is released, cannot wait!

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm getting it at a discounted price, so yeah, I'm getting it at launch. Amazon credit is the best type of credit ever.

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

I'm getting it at a discounted price, so yeah, I'm getting it at launch. Amazon credit is the best type of credit ever.

yokofox33
Yoko what games are you getting on launch?
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17845 Posts
probably. its nice in a way that japan gets it first. we will be hearing more concrete info on the battery life under different conditions as well as info on any glaring flaws in build quality (usually ninty get it right but there not perfect) and the tolerence of the 3D sweet spot. if theres nothing seriously wrong in these areas then i will be picking it up. if there is then i will wait for the lite.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#15 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

Jaysonguy
"The first thing (Nobuo) Nagai-san (Nintendo General Manager, Manufacturing Division), who's in charge at the Uji plant, said to me when he looked over the designs for Nintendo 3DS before mass production began was "This time it's fully packed right from the start. That's why we don't have any short-term plans for creating a more compact version of Nintendo 3DS like we did with Nintendo DS Lite." -Satoru Iwata Source
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Ultrabeatdown55

I have no idea. I don't want to buy SSFIV for essentially the 3rd time. I might get Samurai Warriors Chronicles for the sheer hack and slash gameplay. Might turn out to be repetitive, but it's really the only game that interests me at the moment.

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"][QUOTE="yokofox33"]

yokofox33

I have no idea. I don't want to buy SSFIV for essentially the 3rd time. I might get Samurai Warriors Chronicles for the sheer hack and slash gameplay. Might turn out to be repetitive, but it's really the only game that interests me at the moment.

Yeah I don't even know if I will get a launch game because even though I will be getting Pokemon Black/White on launch, I won't be able to play them until the 3DS launches, so might just get the 3DS and play Pokemon for awhile :lol:
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I know probably already about a million other people have posted this, but are you getting the 3DS or not? I might if the prices go down after it comes out. How about you?

-vgamefreak225

vgamefreak225

Undecided.

That said, if you know that about 1 million others have asked this why not just answer in one of their threads?

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Mmm... yeah, I think I will eventually get one. But in, like, July.
LCS2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LCS2008
Member since 2010 • 101 Posts

I am thinking about it, but i probably wont buy it till the price goes down by about 50 dollars maybe.

CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 CyberKlown28
Member since 2008 • 1198 Posts
its already paid off so of course =p
SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SLUSHiNaToR
Member since 2009 • 1366 Posts
I will eventually.. but right now, there aren't enough games for me to justify paying 250 bucks for it... once the nintendo ds starts to fade and a new pokemon/dragon quest, or once they start selling gameboy games on it I will consider it a must buy :D but right now.. id just be playing ds games on it anyway :P
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I will eventually. I was planning on buying it at launch, but I changed my mind when the launch games were revealed. I'm kind of interested in SSF4, but not as much as OoT. I'll probably buy it sometime in July with OoT(if it comes out by then) and Skyward Sword(IF it comes out by then). :lol:

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dzimm

...there aren't enough games for me to justify paying 250 bucks for it...SLUSHiNaToR

I'm interested in the hardware itself, so I'd still get one even if none of the launch titles appealed to me. Besides, the hinge on my DS Lite cracked a couple of months ago, so I need a new system anyway.

Solid_Sterb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Solid_Sterb
Member since 2010 • 1703 Posts

I've got mine pre-ordered on Amazon. Can't wait!

IPwnNooBs666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 IPwnNooBs666
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts

I have my copy paid off so I can't wait for March 27!:D

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
Cosmo Black Amazon dot com. Super pumped!
illharmonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 illharmonics
Member since 2005 • 5470 Posts
I am definitely grabbing one at launch. I'm not overly worried about the 3D aspect, right now, because I know there will be numerous kinks to work out. I used to have a DS a long time ago, but with the 3DS, I'm finally getting back to owning a console so I'll have a bit of a back catalogue to catch up on. Plus, I'll have Pokemon Black to be worrying about.
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
Yeah, probably not right away though. The big games I'm waiting for aren't coming out for a while.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'll get one sometime later on this year.

Avatar image for import_fighter1
import_fighter1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 import_fighter1
Member since 2003 • 1218 Posts

yes getting mine day 1.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I'm not going to get it at launch, but probably during the Holidays.
Kurezan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Kurezan
Member since 2008 • 1850 Posts

I am still contemplating on whether I should get it right away or wait a while.

Avatar image for JediMasterSamus
JediMasterSamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JediMasterSamus
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts

I'm probably going to get the 3DS eventually, just not anytime soon. Maybe later.

xXDante666Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xXDante666Xx
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts

I think the price is actually reasonable for a brand new, next-gen handheld. You can't compare the price of a brand new system to those that have been out for over half a decade.

Anyway, yes, I'm getting one.

Nubukon

This, already paid for it, now anxiously awaiting it.

scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts

yokofox33

Oh, you little CAGer :P $250 is a little steep. I'll wait for a discount/good bundle deal or I just won't get it... My DS Lite and other handheld will keep me occupied

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

I haev no intentions of getting one. My DS Lite will serve me well for many years.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
I have my pre-order set at GameSpot, all paid off. By the way, anyone planning on getting the 3DS but not pre-ordering isn't getting a 3DS, or atleast probably not. I've been through this a couple times but i'll say it again. There are 5 million 3DS units shipped worldwide. Half of that is being distributed in Japan alone. That leaves 2.5 million units left. 900 000 units are being shipped to Europe, 100 000 of that being shipped to the UK. Thats about all that i've heard, which means the rest of the world (everything except Japan and Europe) have to share 1.6 million 3DS units. It doesn't take a geologist to know thats a spanned out distributive area, it doesn't take a mathematician to know 1.6 million units for all the countries in the world (subtract Japan and Europe and all the countries that aren't dealing with Nintendo) isn't a lot, and it doesn't take a gaming/business analyst to tell you that the 3DS is gonna be in high demand.
coltsfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 coltsfan4ever
Member since 2006 • 2628 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Waiting for the 3DSLite later in the year that fixes all the glaring flaws of the 3DSdzimm

Anyway, Nintendo has already said there are no plans for a 3DS "Lite", which makes sense when you consider that the 3DS is the culmination of over 5-years of research and development of the DS platform.

I feel Nintendo only saying that so that more people will buy the 3DS right away instead of waiting. I guarantee Nintendo will tinker with the 3DS over the years and release a better version.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dzimm

I guarantee Nintendo will tinker with the 3DS over the years and release a better version.coltsfan4ever

Probably, but expect something along the lines of the 2nd gen Game Boy Advance SP with a slightly improved screen, or the DSi that added a camera, digital storefront, and some inconsequential changes under the hood and nothing else of note (and sold for a higher price). Anybody expecting a substantial upgrade like the DS to DS Lite is ultimately going to be disappointed.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts

[QUOTE="coltsfan4ever"]I guarantee Nintendo will tinker with the 3DS over the years and release a better version.dzimm

Probably, but expect something along the lines of the 2nd gen Game Boy Advance SP with a slightly improved screen, or the DSi that added a camera, digital storefront, and some inconsequential changes under the hood and nothing else of note (and sold for a higher price). Anybody expecting a substantial upgrade like the DS to DS Lite is ultimately going to be disappointed.

I'm hoping they won't make a 3DS Lite but if it does happen then they better include 3G. These days everything portable should have 3G. And if they can't promise it for free, they can atleast include a Sim Card slot so that people who are with a wireless network can access 3G on their plan. You can share your data plan over Smartphones, Laptops, Netbooks and Tablet PC's. This would just be adding another device. And isn't that what Sony is doing with the NGP?
Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts

Right now I'm not interested in the 3DS. I'm only playing portable games for train rides, the 3DS is definitely too much of an investment for something like that. I pre-ordered the Pokémon White DSi bundle, that should suffice for a few years.

Rennar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Rennar
Member since 2007 • 526 Posts

Getting it when it comes out, then trading it in when the one with a better battery life comes out

bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts

I really want to try it out so i will be getting it at launch even if there are only one or two games im interested in. THe thing is, as long as the 3DS is not broken in some way, i dont mind getting it early. It will be a long time before a price drop and even then, DS lite took 2 years to come out. IF THERE IS A 3DS LITE, i dont expect it anytime soon. Im not willing to throw away 2 perfectly good years waiting... especially when the good games will probably start to come out the first year and you KNOW those never get price drops. If i'm just gonna wait one year, i might as well enjoy it as long as i can before buying the newer version and play with it for two years.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dzimm

I'm hoping they won't make a 3DS Lite but if it does happen then they better include 3G.riariases

Nintendo has said they won't consider adding 3G until they can offer it for free as they don't want to force people to pay extra to use their consoles.

Cruel-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Cruel-Hippo
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Im definitely getting a 3DS on launch day along with a copy of super street fighter. I just wish March 27 would come earlier.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Waiting for the 3DSLite later in the year that fixes all the glaring flaws of the 3DSdzimm

I don't trust Nintendo on this as far as I can throw them.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dzimm

I don't trust Nintendo on this as far as I can throw them.Pixel-Perfect

Well, sure, you can be a pessimist, but as Iwata has pointed out, the 3DS is fully-loaded right from the start, so there's really no where else to take it. My gut tells me that the 3DS will be the most stable Nintendo handheld platform to date. In fact, I'll go ahead and predict that we won't see any notable updates for at least 3-years.

ovBlazeMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ovBlazeMaster
Member since 2009 • 71 Posts

Everytime I see a pic or read something bout it, makes me wishMarch 27th would hurry up and get here

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Im getting it, and at launch hopefully.