Any guess on what Nintendo's next system will be?

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

User Lists: 0

Poll Any guess on what Nintendo's next system will be? (25 votes)

"Switch 2" 60%
"Wii 3" 0%
"GameCube 2" 0%
Some other sort of handheld 4%
Some other sort of home console 12%
Some other sort of hybrid console 24%
Some sort of VR system 0%
Some completely other sort of system that was not listed 0%
Nintendo will not release another system 0%

Well, what do you think?

• 
MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

I imagine that we'll be seeing what Nintendo is planning for their new system come 2023. I could see them making a Switch 2, but with how poorly the Wii U was advertised, they may just go a whole new route with their newer system. If they made a new Switch, I doubt it would be called Switch 2. Maybe something like Super Switch Entertainment System. Lol.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

New Switch XL

I wouldn't expect anything crazy in terms of performance increase. I expect they will want to keep the existing Switch market for at least another 5 years.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4225 Posts

It’s going to be a brand new concept. But not Virtual Reality. Might have some VR aspects, however.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

@mycatismilk said:

I imagine that we'll be seeing what Nintendo is planning for their new system come 2023. I could see them making a Switch 2, but with how poorly the Wii U was advertised, they may just go a whole new route with their newer system. If they made a new Switch, I doubt it would be called Switch 2. Maybe something like Super Switch Entertainment System. Lol.

I actually kind of like that. Super Switch.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7271 Posts

I think Switch 2 or Super Switch makes the most practical sense, but Nintendo sometimes feels compelled to take the most practical idea and... not do that.

They will keep the hybrid console thing though, paired with some interesting but mostly unutilized gimic like HD rumble was. 4K buttons or something.

Rewgle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Rewgle
Member since 2022 • 409 Posts

I kind of wonder what they'll do. I hope they take the Switch concept and upgrade it quite a bit, but who knows.

I have a feeling it won't be called Switch 2. Maybe 2witch, or something.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

I just want Nintendo to have proper next-gen hardware with no cutting back either. At least be on par with Xbox Series S level.

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts

I doubt Switch 2 will happen, unless its more powerful than the Steam Deck, which it won't be unless its a long way down the road.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@davillain said:

I just want Nintendo to have proper next-gen hardware with no cutting back either. At least be on par with Xbox Series S level.

me too

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

I think it'll just be a refinement of the Switch, so I guess a Switch 2. Give it a redesign, nicer screen, more powerful internals etc.

Whatever it is, I just hope they continue with the hybrid model.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 osan0  Online
Member since 2004 • 17819 Posts

Always very hard to say with Nintendo. They are predictably unpredictable.

Logically they will make a switch 2 due to the success of the switch. Basically it would be the Nintendo Deck but with detachable controllers and maybe a bit smaller.

But then after the great success of the wii, Nintendo made the wiiu soo....

I don't see them making a traditional console either though as those kept selling badly for them after the Snes (the wii being the exception).

They are also very unlikely to reenter the hardware race in anyway as they dont want to support the cost of production on such machines. Making the console would be relatively straightforward. Supporting it properly would be a very different matter and far far bigger companies are struggling with that challenge.

The only way i could see them re-entering the hardware race (and this is highly highly unlikely) is if they decided to do something mad like work with Nvidia (probably) to make the first GPU that only does Path/Ray tracing. Very limited raster support. A lot more ray accelerators compared to Cuda cores (mostly there for denoising and UI element rendering and switch BC) and Tensor cores for DLSS. It would change the argument from "not as powerful as a PS5/XSX" to "yeah....but everything is fully path traced on this system...its not directly comparable". Move the goal posts a bit basically. Also think of all the raytraced remakes of games they could make. But as i say....that's basically fantasy stuff.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Strictly guessing.

They will keep the hybrid model.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

Powerglove 2

Avatar image for masterkiller103
Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Masterkiller103
Member since 2022 • 468 Posts

I can't guess anything with Nintendo, it's hard knowing thier next console, even more than Microsoft's gaming consoles honestly, But i feel like there gonna release some sort of new home console, i wish for that to happen though, like SNES, N64 were all awesome, hopefully not switch 2, I'm tired of it, they need to change the trend every once in while, hopefully they will be like they were in the 80's, Sony has been in the lead for very long, i wished for Nintendo to conquer gaming industry like the 80's but i get it, Times have changed.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts

A Switch 2 would probably make sense. I'm ok with whatever as long as the hardware can handle their own games (please don't make a main Zelda game dip under 30 fps again).

Personally I want a GameCube 2 the most, as in good graphics, good games and good controller. But I sadly think that part of Nintendo is dead.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@Litchie said:

A Switch 2 would probably make sense. I'm ok with whatever as long as the hardware can handle their own games (please don't make a main Zelda game dip under 30 fps again).

Personally I want a GameCube 2 the most, as in good graphics, good games and good controller. But I sadly think that part of Nintendo is dead.

I get the appeal of this (GC is up there with Switch as my fav Nintendo system), but I think I'd prefer the hybrid model again. It just gives you more options how to play... imo anyway.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Litchie

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Litchie said:

I get the appeal of this (GC is up there with Switch as my fav Nintendo system), but I think I'd prefer the hybrid model again. It just gives you more options how to play... imo anyway.

Yeah, and I get the appeal of a hybrid for that reason. But personally, I'm perfectly fine (more than fine actually) to only be able to play a Nintendo system at home if that means better graphics, games and controller.

If Nintendo then decided to make a handheld too, we'd be also be seeing more games from Nintendo again.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#19 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

Something like the Steam Deck would be my guess with 32GB Storage and DDR5 RAM 16GB. Maybe ditch Joycons but have it be backwards compatible with Switch accessories.

RetroXavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RetroXavier
Member since 2023 • 12 Posts

The Nintendold Deck. I'm sure more than one would buy it... lol

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

What do you guys think the possibility is they release an AR system? (Augmented Reality)

I was just thinking about this today. It seems like it would make sense.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4225 Posts

@Sam3231: I don’t think they’ll release an Augmented Reality system. But let me just say that….it would be ideal to release a system like that.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#23 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@Litchie: i want another hybrid love being able to play games while at the doctors office and such

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Litchie

@mariokart64fan said:

@Litchie: i want another hybrid love being able to play games while at the doctors office and such

I really don't get how being able to play at the doctors office and such is more important than better graphics, controller, etc. If playing outside the home is extemely important for you, so important you are willing to sacrifice a lot of quality, there are dedicated handhelds. 3DS or one of those Anbernics or something.

Butchcassidy79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 18

#25  Edited By Butchcassidy79
Member since 2005 • 296 Posts

The Nintendo Clip!

Might have:

- 256GB internal storage.

- 1080 HD screen - and 4K output.