Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By VacoGamespot
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

5. Animal Crossing: City Folk

If I'm being honest, this kinda hurt to put City Folk on the bottom of the list, with it being my first animal crossing game, I have a soft spot for it, but I'm being realistic, it's not the best game in the series by a long shot. City Folk seemed to have promised a bustling city with villagers galore, but what we got was barren and an attempt to get animal crossing fans to play the Wii.

4. Animal Crossing: Wild World

Don't get me wrong, wild world was great, it got you out of that weird little 4 house town square and out into the fields like the rest of your villagers. It also got rid of that ugly viking hat. It may have been where most of the Animal crossing community started out, but it just doesn't hold up as well as other old entries in the series. Though the move away from the acre movement was a must that was well delivered in Wild World.

3. Animal Crossing

The original... Many newer fans might avoid this game because of it's age, but trust me, it's holds up shockingly well. with the free movement that got lost due to hardware limitations in later entries, it makes it feel so free, though the acre movement system wasn't fantastic, which isn't going to be easily defended seeing as this was released on the same console as ToZ Wind Waker and Twilight princess. Though the benefit of the doubt in mind, this game was absolutely fantastic and I'd go as far as to say revolutionary.

2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf

New Leaf. what can I say. It was a perfect (and still is) showcase of what the series is about, it took everything fans loved about the series and cranked it up to eleven. It took the series creativity to a whole new level, with the introduction of you becoming the mayor, there are so many more things to customise, even creating the town flag and greatly improving on the town theme system. It added fun and exciting new characters with even more of their own little quirks, and it gave us the modern day mascot, Isabelle. It really popularised the series with the simple but effective advertisements and was a breath of fresh air for older fans after the last game being city folk.

1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons

New Horizons is the latest entry and a perfect amalgamation of everything fans loved about the series. including Isabelle. With being on the switch, it was able to break the glass roof of previous hardware limitations and bring back the free movement system, now without the acres. The graphics are blissful and aesthetically pleasing to they eye in every way shape or form. The deserted island aspect let you customise everything from the exact positioning of your neighbour;s homes and even a new and improved way to position your furniture, though you can still do it the old fashioned way. Tom Nook is back with more expensive debts then in previous entries though menial labour proves to be surprisingly enjoyable. You can also choose your hemisphere fore more accurate seasons. If I were to go over every new feature then this post would be far too long, but trust me, it has some amazing new features.

Thank you for reading or at the very least skimming through, remember this is all my opinion, though I also conducted a poll and received an overwhelming number of responses and they happened to align with this list. Have a good day, stay safe and remember to wash your hands!

kalbairav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By kalbairav
Member since 2023 • 2 Posts

#1 Animal Crossing (2002) My favorite of all time because of the great gameplay and dialogue and it just seems to fit me very well.

#2 Animal Crossing City Folk (2008) An upgraded version of wild world which reinstated the holidays but still has great characters and better graphics.

#3 Animal Crossing New Leaf (2012) I don't play it much but it is a huge upgrade from the normal villager concept and now you can customize your town.

#4 Animal Crossing New Horizons (2020) it's okay but it feels incomplete with new updates coming out and knowing that one day https://vlc.onl/ Nintendo will no longer support it makes it low.

#5 Animal Crossing Wild World (2005) The graphics are not the best, there are no traditional holidays (Thanksgiving, Toy Day, Halloween). it feels weird to control. I nearly forgot it existed.

Make your list below. I want to know your thoughts!