3DS attachable 2nd circle pad confirmed!!

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OmegaAK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#151 OmegaAK47
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts

This makes me a bit upset at Nintendo, I am starting to rethink my decision to get a 3DS. I should have waited into a better version.

daiyume

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 daiyume
Member since 2011 • 324 Posts

If every game requires this thing, i will sell my 3DS, because this is a horrible horibble horibble way to treat your customers, Nintendo.

Mii_ller

The games aren't going to require it, but you can bet that it'd give you much more comfortable control options for various upcoming games with it because if it doesn't, Nintendo wouldn't go so far to include this option in the first place. I guess that counts as 'required'?

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#153 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

[QUOTE="Mii_ller"]

If every game requires this thing, i will sell my 3DS, because this is a horrible horibble horibble way to treat your customers, Nintendo.

daiyume

The games aren't going to require it, but you can bet that it'd give you much more comfortable control options for various upcoming games with it because if it doesn't, Nintendo wouldn't go so far to include this option in the first place. I guess that counts as 'required'?

Nope.

ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#154 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts
I understand why so many of us are really upset that this move, but really, if you did not see this coming you have NEVER owned a DS. It had what, 3 redesigns by the time the 3ds was shown? And I personally don't think it looks all that bad. if it is cheap enough, and by cheap I mean under 20 bucks, I will pick it up if only for MH, which is quickly becoming my favorite game line from capcom (RE5 did a lot of make me rethink the RE series's top spot status).
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#155 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
why would you be made that you got a 3DS? OH NO THERE'S AN OPTIONAL ANALOG STICK COMING OUT THAT DEVELOPERS WILL MAKE ABLE TO USE IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE IT! You guys sound so dumb. Like honestly it should be included with the original model, I don't really care, but really it just makes developers have another option, I do wish that it wasn't like a case and just a small attachment and wish it was lower in the bottom right corner and my buttons were above it, it doesn't make sense to have it right next to the buttons. Anyways it's an optional attachment, no sense in whining about it. It's like whining about Kinect and Move, or Whining about Wii motion plus and Classic controllers.
RACiEP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 RACiEP
Member since 2010 • 687 Posts
I understand why so many of us are really upset that this move, but really, if you did not see this coming you have NEVER owned a DS. It had what, 3 redesigns by the time the 3ds was shown? And I personally don't think it looks all that bad. if it is cheap enough, and by cheap I mean under 20 bucks, I will pick it up if only for MH, which is quickly becoming my favorite game line from capcom (RE5 did a lot of make me rethink the RE series's top spot status).ekalbtwin
Yes, but DS redesigns never involved adding or changing game inputs. Adding an entire new circle pad is kind of a big deal. Oh, and I think the attachment looks horribly ugly, but to each his own.
glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#157 glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]It wasn't necessarily addressed to you. It was addressed to the people who keep claiming it is a capcom product, and are likening it to the Guitar Grip controller for Guitar Hero On Tour. And I don't recall what your point was in the first place.SuperFlakeman

oh ok. Yeah the GH analogy is flawed, I've adjusted my point since then.

My point is that this new peripheral acts like an optional input method (and a grip), like the steering wheel accessory is for racing games, or how Wii's CC is not required to play games with, although many games support this secondary/optional controller like Brawl.

So, this will not be something that is incorporated in the upcoming 3DS redesign. It's just an accessory that some games besides MH, like say CoD, could use as an option for those who want it. Or possibly left handed mode on games such as Kid Icarus. But it will never be required to own it to play any 3DS game.

Edit: Also MH on 3DS apparently does not require this attachment to be playable.

As long as this last part is true I'm ok with it. If people want the option to play games like that, I don't have a problem with it, but if it's a change that renders our launch systems essentially obsolete, then we'd have every right in the world to be angry at Nintendo. Thankfully it seems they're not that stupid. I still like the 3DS, it just needs more games (coming I know) and I don't think it needs a second analog, but if others want a go at it then more power to them. As long as its optional I don't care..

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I understand why so many of us are really upset that this move, but really, if you did not see this coming you have NEVER owned a DS. It had what, 3 redesigns by the time the 3ds was shown?.ekalbtwin

Yeah, but none of those added anything like a second circle pad. That's like if the DSLite had added a second d-pad.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#159 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts

im kinda glad it wasnt in the original design. The 3ds as it is now would be pretty uncomfortable to use with a second analog stick, imo. I can barely use the control pad comfortably. Put in a second analog right underneath the buttons and i would hate it. Or put the buttons underneath the second analog, and i would hate it even more. As of now, is rumor saying it isnt necessary? because i'd rather not use it ever, unless a game really demands it (only game i can think of that i prefer withe a dual analog setup is nba 2k cause it acts as a shot stick that lets me choose directions of my shot)

bionicle_lover
I think it's likely they'll put the second pad over the buttons, like the Wii U controller. In fact didn't Nintendo say something about being able to use the 3DS as a controller? I think this would be perfect. It might make the design a little more bulky but that means there's room for a nice fat battery :D
Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#160 Nozizaki
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts

[QUOTE="Ghost120x"]

no more Nintendo consoles at launch.

Pixel-Perfect

Yeah, I got so burned. This is the first console I've ever bought at launch, and it'll probably be my last. :P

*sigh* Agreed. Now officially feel sad. :(

Avatar image for anothrgamer1234
anothrgamer1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 anothrgamer1234
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Call me a bit of an optimist here if you like, but I'm sure this won't be as bad as everyone's making it out to be. So it's not absolutely goregous- so what? I don't buy game systems based on their aesthetic appeal alone. All they need to do is bundle it with Monster Hunter 3G or something and it would sell just fine. In the meantime, we should all just calm down. It's not like Nintendo will go bankrupt because of this.
helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts
AWFUL! Is this an official nintendo product though? a 2nd analog stick on the 3ds doesn't seem right to me. im praying nintendo is not considering this.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
... I don't buy game systems based on their aesthetic appeal...anothrgamer1234
Thank you.
...Is this an official nintendo product...?helwa1988
Look at it for a few seconds and it's obvious it is first party.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#164 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

I just hope devs don't make it mandatory for future game and still have the option to play without it..

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#165 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

I just hope devs don't make it mandatory for future game and still have the option to play without it..

tocool340

this... give us both options then everyone will be happy :)

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

[QUOTE="tocool340"]

KBFloYd

I dunno, IMO another stick is a good thing. Makes games have more depth to them in terms of controls.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 tocool340
[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="tocool340"]

hydralisk86

I dunno, IMO another stick is a good thing. Makes games have more depth to them in terms of controls.

Looking at where its place, it seem like its gonna be as unorthodox as playing with the N64 controller. The second analog is too bunched up with the X, Y, B, and A buttons and that doesn't look like it will provide good gaming experience...
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
[QUOTE="hydralisk86"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]this... give us both options then everyone will be happy :)tocool340

Looking at where its place, it seem like its gonna be as unorthodox as playing with the N64 controller. The second analog is too bunched up with the X, Y, B, and A buttons and that doesn't look like it will provide good gaming experience...

this is a ridiculous argument- it's like saying that someone couldn't go from playing their PS3 to their 360 because a dual shock has the dpad above and the 380 control has the D pad below.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 tocool340
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="tocool340"][QUOTE="hydralisk86"] I dunno, IMO another stick is a good thing. Makes games have more depth to them in terms of controls.

this is a ridiculous argument- it's like saying that someone couldn't go from playing their PS3 to their 360 because a dual shock has the dpad above and the 380 control has the D pad below.

Still doesn't change the fact that it look like it may be a pain in the ass to use the analog extension and input buttons effectively. Well, perhaps devs can make it work, so I'm not gonna pass judgement so quickly....
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#170 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i never understood the 2nd analog stick in most games its only used to move the camera around
daveydark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 daveydark
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts

i will not buy the attachment. I will just wait til late next year when the next 3ds has a 2nd circle pad within its internal system.

Kirbside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Kirbside
Member since 2005 • 314 Posts

I think the attachment is fine, especially if it is at a low price, my concern is will I be able to reach the YX-BA buttons and not really a concern, but will it come in Aqua Blue :P. But I don't think this attachment will be necessary for every game in the future. If I recall with most DS games did not really utilized the touch screen as much as others, and weren't there games that used gyro scopelike feature, not sure if that was a feature for the DS or GBA. How many games used that feature? I think it was just that Kirby game, maybe another, so like wise not every game will utilize this second analog stick. Unless they were going to change the playing mechanics of the Pokemon series from hear on out, and that would likely create more headaches :P, I don't see that as a problem, more like an option for game makers if they so choose to use it or want to use it.