This topic is locked from further discussion.

jshah500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jshah500
Member since 2015 • 495 Posts

I just bought a 2ds...I was under the impression I can play games online (Pokemon, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart) with friends (they have 3ds's). I've been searching around for an hour but can't find an answer: how do I go about doing that? I created a Nintendo account in settings, is that all I have to do?

Is it like Xbox where you add friends? Sorry, I haven't owned anything Nintendo since the N64 so I am not familiar with their ecosystem. All help is appreciated.

jshah500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jshah500
Member since 2015 • 495 Posts

Bump

dcoutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 dcoutten
Member since 2015 • 547 Posts

I'm not sure if you having problems connecting to the internet or just do not know how to add and play with your friends. I'm assuming you can go on the internet and the settings are correct (make sure parent controls are off because I think they may try to turn automatically on).

To added friends you have to add their friend code AND they have to add yours. So click on the on the orange smiley face on your bottom screen to get to menu to add them (and perhaps get a friend code). After they add you back you will see them as your friend with their Mii pictured.

Now in individual games to play with each other it can be as simple as click play with friends option but like in pokemon x/y you have to turn on the internet in the PSS in the game even though your 2ds may already be connected to the internet.