The Future of The Pokemon Series

This topic is locked from further discussion.

demian742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 demian742
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

A new type, a new way of evolution, and new pokemon.All of this are included in the latest Pokemon games, X and Y.Will the future generations have new types? Will they add new ways of evolution? I have noticed that this time they added 70 new Pokemon.This, compared with the 151 original number of Pokemon, is a relatively small amount.Because old Pokemon still exist in the newest games, more and more room is used.My Question is: Will Nintendo and/or Game Freak reach a point where they won't be able to add new pokemon?

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Either that or each version will have a lot more different Pokémon in them then they do now. Each version would have 100 guys only in that one.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Considering new pokemon is a major selling point, I doubt they'll stop adding pokemon before the series is dead. New evolution methods and new Mega Evolutions for pokemon will definitely be introduced in the future. It may be a long while for a new type considering this is a first in 14 years. Pokemon X & Y take up 1.7 GB of space and the 3DS can handle up to 8GB game cards, thus the size of the game is not an issue.

The fact that Generation 6 introduced an all time low in new pokemon amount after Generation 5's all time high is pretty underwhelming. It could be their way of slowing down new pokemon quantity to have enough fresh designs for future games. It could also be their response to the complaints Black and White had for having too many "clones" and "useless" pokemon. Who knows? But it is safe to say that they will not stop creating new pokemon anytime soon.

demian742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 demian742
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@ANIMEguy10034: Thanks for aswering, but i am stil wondering if new ways of evolution will be added.A new evolution stone, maybe? What do you think?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#5 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Why would they stop? Mega Evolution is brand new; imagine all the possibilities and Pokemon they can give a Mega evo to. Plus, yes, I'm sure we'll get a new type, but not for a very long time. And I think that the lack of new Pokemon is due to exhaustion. Black and White were released two years before X and Y (something like that) and they had a metric shit ton of new monsters for gen five. I don't know about you, but thinking up ten original monsters that aren't shit is pretty difficult, for me, at least. Imagine having to come up with dozens of them every few years. Keep in mind they can't use anything even remotely derivative of fan art, either, since then all kinds of whacky law suits would occur about copyright infringement.

I think Nintendo should get some new artists for the series. A fresh mind can produce more monsters, after all. But yes, as long as the series remains a cash cow (and it is, no doubt) then they will keep making new ones.

Here's an idea, right now. Imagine if all (or certain) Pokemon could fuse with one another, similar to how Kyurem could fuse with Reshiram and Zekrom. Boom, something like that opens up a whole slew of new gameplay ideas and options.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ANIMEguy10034

@demian742 said:

@ANIMEguy10034: Thanks for aswering, but i am stil wondering if new ways of evolution will be added.A new evolution stone, maybe? What do you think?

I can definitely see that happening.
In X & Y, you had to turn your 3DS upside down to evolve Inkay into Malamar. I would not be surprised if we would have to blow into our mic to evolve one or two pokemon in the future. :P

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

demian742 marked this as the best answer

Considering new pokemon is a major selling point, I doubt they'll stop adding pokemon before the series is dead. New evolution methods and new Mega Evolutions for pokemon will definitely be introduced in the future. It may be a long while for a new type considering this is a first in 14 years. Pokemon X & Y take up 1.7 GB of space and the 3DS can handle up to 8GB game cards, thus the size of the game is not an issue.

The fact that Generation 6 introduced an all time low in new pokemon amount after Generation 5's all time high is pretty underwhelming. It could be their way of slowing down new pokemon quantity to have enough fresh designs for future games. It could also be their response to the complaints Black and White had for having too many "clones" and "useless" pokemon. Who knows? But it is safe to say that they will not stop creating new pokemon anytime soon.

The 3DS can only handle 8 GB? Are you talking about the actual games that you buy for the 3DS in the store?

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ANIMEguy10034

@hydralisk86: 3DS game cards can reach up to 8GB of data. Most games on the 3DS are less than 1 or 2GB, but there are some that surpass 3GB (Resident Evil Revelations).

Riku200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#9 Riku200
Member since 2009 • 361 Posts

I quite honestly don't know how long they can keep this up.I mean,generation after generation,it will get worse in time.We'e lost the count with all the new Pokemon and the new evolutions.Don't get me wrong.Pokemon is still a legend.But how long do you think they will be making games with new Pokemon for? How long do you think they can keep it up?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@Riku200 said:

I quite honestly don't know how long they can keep this up.I mean,generation after generation,it will get worse in time.We'e lost the count with all the new Pokemon and the new evolutions.Don't get me wrong.Pokemon is still a legend.But how long do you think they will be making games with new Pokemon for? How long do you think they can keep it up?

I do think Pokemon have been getting worse in design, but I think they actually did okay with X and Y this time. So I think if they can keep people employed to make decent Pokemon, they will just keep going.

Keep in mind that there are over 35,000 species of animal recorded on our planet (with a large amount yet to be discovered), so I'm sure designers can go for some time making up new creatures :)