Official Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Discussion and Info Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

The Japanese Nintendo Channel uploaded a new B2W2 trailer.

It includes new footage of the games, a hint on Akuroma's identity, and Sacred Beast Tornadus being captured in Dream Radar and sent to the DS games.

ANIMEguy10034

I wonder what those medals are for?

#352 Posted by CloLuna (3 posts) -
I'm pretty excited about this game. Since people go to the pokewood place to watch movies i'm kinda guessing the more popular get then like people would start recognizing u as like a famous actor. but then again, people could play this game and never even go to pokewood. hmmm......of course though my main hope is that we can explore the ice areas and the shadow triad will finally be revealed(its not like we dont know who they r er anything*cough cough* cilan chili cress* cough)
#353 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

its not like we dont know who they r er anything*cough cough* cilan chili cress* coughCloLuna

That... would be a very interesting plot twist. :shock:

#354 Posted by moltenix (2483 posts) -

Is it just me or is this going to be one of the best games i'll be getting later this year? :P

I know it's Pokemon so it's automatically super awesome but there doesn't seem to be much else i'm looking forward to this year. This and Assassin's Creed 3 are the only games i'm super hyped about right now.

#355 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

It better be. It has to keep me busy until the Fall/Holiday season. :P

I'm somewhat more excited about how Pokemon would be like on the 3DS.

EDIT: I just realized that the English version will be released during the Fall. My wallet is crying. :cry:

#356 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
Count me in. I'm getting White 2.
#357 Posted by moltenix (2483 posts) -

It better be. It has to keep me busy until the Fall/Holiday season. :P

I'm somewhat more excited about how Pokemon would be like on the 3DS.

EDIT: I just realized that the English version will be released during the Fall. My wallet is crying. :cry:

ANIMEguy10034

Are you getting a Wii U or something?

My wallet is so much happier compared to last year. Heck, i'm still waiting on price drops on some of my lower priority items from last year's wishlist.

#358 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

My wallet is so much happier compared to last year. Heck, i'm still waiting on price drops on some of my lower priority items from last year's wishlist.

moltenix

I'm thinking about it. If I do, I will force myself to buy Batman, Pikmin 3, and Assassin's Creed 3.
I also want to buy Castlevania, Paper Mario, and Luigi's Mansion.

:cry:

#359 Posted by moltenix (2483 posts) -

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

ANIMEguy10034

I'm thinking about it. If I do, I will force myself to buy Batman, Pikmin 3, and Assassin's Creed 3.
I also want to buy Castlevania, Paper Mario, and Luigi's Mansion.

Well, I can see that taking a bite out of your wallet. :P

I ended up picking up my 3DS last year right after E3. Why? Kuz they made games like SM3DL, MK7 and RE:R seem so awesome during E3.

What did I end up playing before the big price cut? Just Ocarina of Time; beat it within a week and 3DS proceeded to collect dust until Starfox which also didn't last too long. Fast forward to holiday season and recent months where some retailers had sales where you could get 3DS' for as low as $120. The worst part is that I haven't even touched the Ambassador games. Some are just downright bad while others are too clunky to play. Actually, I haven't touched my 3DS since April and it'll probably stay that way until Paper Mario or Luigi's Mansion come out.

Anyway, i'm not getting my hands on a Wii U anytime soon after what happened with 3DS. Besides, my PS3 is more than sufficient for enjoying games like Batman and AssCreed. I actually just picked up Arkham City the other day for $20. :P

#360 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

Yeah, reason why I'm hesitant on buying a Wii U near launch. :P

If only my PC was powerful enough to play multiplats... :(

#361 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Rumor alert: According to Serebii, Keldeo may be getting a new form.

#362 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

Gen V: The Alternate Forme Generation. :P

#363 Posted by Blabadon (25728 posts) -

GUYS I FOUND MY FIRST SHINY POKEMON EVER!

A Rattata. On Route 1. At the beginning of LeafGreen. With absolutely nothing in my backpack.

#364 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

GUYS I FOUND MY FIRST SHINY POKEMON EVER!

A Rattata. On Route 1. At the beginning of LeafGreen. With absolutely nothing in my backpack.

Blabadon

If it makes you feel any better, I once ran into a shiny Abra, one of my favorite Pokemon, and you can imagine how that ended. :(

#365 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

If it makes you feel any better, I once ran into a shiny Abra, one of my favorite Pokemon, and you can imagine how that ended. :(

Pixel-Perfect

Ouch. :shock:

My first shiny was Gastrodon, in Diamond. It took me a year to realize that it was shiny. :x

Spr 4d 423E.pngSpr 4d 423E s.png

And I hatched a shiny Adamant Piplup 2 days before my brithday last year. It was the best random birthday present I've ever gotten. :')

#366 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

ANIMEguy10034

Ouch. :shock:

My first shiny was Gastrodon, in Diamond. It took me a year to realize that it was shiny. :x

Spr 4d 423E.pngSpr 4d 423E s.png

And I hatched a shiny Adamant Piplup 2 days before my brithday last year. It was the best random birthday present I've ever gotten. :')

I think I got my shiny Darumaka on my birthday. It's almost like they know. :P

#367 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

Pixel-Perfect

T'is true. Was that the birthday with the Empoleon cake? :P

#368 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

ANIMEguy10034

T'is true. Was that the birthday with the Empoleon cake? :P

Hmm... I don't remember. :P

ANYWAYS

Please direct your attention to this man. OwO

Glorious.

#369 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNig5qbXs1AAQVdcnymRF

...he's amazing!!! :shock:

#370 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNig5qbXs1AAQVdcnymRF

...he's amazing!!! :shock:

ANIMEguy10034

I-I KNOW! :shock:

#371 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Meet Keldeo's resolution form.

CoroCoro+July+2012+cover+Keldeo+Resoluti

#372 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

Does Genesect have an alternate form as well? :roll:

#373 Posted by moltenix (2483 posts) -

I can barely see him, there's too much color and stuff going on in that picture. :P

LOL, maybe every single Pokemon should have an alternate forme. :lol:

#374 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

Is there a EU or US release date? When you search 'Black 2' or 'White 2' in the search, it says 'release date: December 31st 2012', and when you click on the games listing it goes back to TBA?

#375 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

ANYWAYS

Please direct your attention to this man. OwO

Glorious.

Pixel-Perfect

Or this guy. This guy is too awesome :3

#376 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -
Haven't had the time to check on the games as much as I'd like, but is there any news of a Battle Frontier in black/white 2? I'm thinking about really going all out in white 2 when I get it, like I did in pearl. Finish the pokedex(again) and make a competitive team of my favorite pokemon. The battle frontier adds so much game play to the series and is something I'd really like.
#377 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

Is there a EU or US release date? When you search 'Black 2' or 'White 2' in the search, it says 'release date: December 31st 2012', and when you click on the games listing it goes back to TBA?

Defy_The_Fallen

Fall 2012

Source

#378 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

Haven't had the time to check on the games as much as I'd like, but is there any news of a Battle Frontier in black/white 2? I'm thinking about really going all out in white 2 when I get it, like I did in pearl. Finish the pokedex(again) and make a competitive team of my favorite pokemon. The battle frontier adds so much game play to the series and is something I'd really like.YoshiYogurt

Nothing yet. I'm hoping for a Battle Frontier-type expansion to the Battle Subway.

#379 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]Haven't had the time to check on the games as much as I'd like, but is there any news of a Battle Frontier in black/white 2? I'm thinking about really going all out in white 2 when I get it, like I did in pearl. Finish the pokedex(again) and make a competitive team of my favorite pokemon. The battle frontier adds so much game play to the series and is something I'd really like.ANIMEguy10034

Nothing yet. I'm hoping for a Battle Frontier-type expansion to the Battle Subway.

You know what? I completely forgot about the battle subway. I never even went in their even once to try it! Anyways, an expansion would be nice too.
#380 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -
New Info From Coro Coro Magazine July 2012
  • -Elesa's new artwork is shown, where she has dyed her hair black and wears a different costume
  • -Elesa's new gym resembles a fashion show
  • -Elesa will use a Flaaffy in BW2
  • -The old Team Plasma will run into the new Team Plasma (the Plasma members from the animated trailer)
  • -the Buneary and Magby lines will be exclusive to Black 2
  • -the Skitty and Elekid lines will be exclusive to White 2
  • -Black Kyurem has Zekrom's ability, Teravolt, while White Kyurem has Reshiram's ability, Turboblaze
  • -Poke Transfer returns so that you can import your Pokemon from Generation IV games
  • -Keldeo can change to its Resolution Forme when you take it to a forest outside Sangi Town, a new location in BW2. You will need Virizion, Cobalion, and Terrakion present in order to change it. It is implied that Keldeo will need to know Sacred Sword first.
  • -A special Piplup will be given away over Wi-Fi to BW2 players from July 20th to August 9th. It will have the exclusive move "Sing".
  • -If you take Meloetta to the cafe in Castelia City, you can get a special Fes Mission (Fes Missions are like the Entralink missions in BW).
  • -Black 2 has a cave location with water while White 2 has a cave location with lava
  • -Black City and White Forest are back, though their designs look different
  • -A new item, Reflecting Mirror, can change Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus to their Sacred Beast formes.
  • -Tornadus' SB Forme's ability is Regenerator
  • -Thundurus' SB Forme's ability is Volt Absorb
  • -Landorus' SB Forme's ability is Intimidate
  • -Porygon can be caught in Pokemon Dream Radar
  • -You can also obtain items in Pokemon Dream Radar, such as Thunderstone, and transfer them over to BW2
#381 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

New Info From Coro Coro Magazine July 2012

sonictrainer

Thanks for the update! I take it that special piplup will only be available to Japan? Unless it's released in the future for Europe and US.

#382 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

It's disappointing that Fes Missions do not support online, but local multiplayer is a thing in Japan so I should have expected it.

I hope the new Black City and White Forest are more useful. And if they are, they better not disappear if I take a long break from Pokemon. :x

You will receive a special Fes Mission in Castelia City if you show a person Meloetta. This mission, A Great Berry Search Adventure, has you search for Berries in Unova. It lasts 3 minutes.

Serebii

BERRY PLANTATIONS IN UNOVA CONFIRMED?!?!?! :shock:

#383 Posted by metroidfood (11173 posts) -

It's disappointing that Fes Missions do not support online, but local multiplayer is a thing in Japan so I should have expected it.

I hope the new Black City and White Forest are more useful. And if they are, they better not disappear if I take a long break from Pokemon. :x

[quote="Serebii"]

You will receive a special Fes Mission in Castelia City if you show a person Meloetta. This mission, A Great Berry Search Adventure, has you search for Berries in Unova. It lasts 3 minutes.

ANIMEguy10034

BERRY PLANTATIONS IN UNOVA CONFIRMED?!?!?! :shock:

They could at least give us the berry pots from HG/SS back.

#384 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

Higher resolution pics are up.

Keldeo Resolution Forme

#385 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

Pokemon finally gets an achievement system. :shock:

There are over 200 medals to collect, for achieving various bits of the game, and you can decorate your Trainer Card with them. These medals also give you a title given by someone. The medals are unlocked through a variety of things such as catching Pokémon, having a certain amount of battles and so on.

Serebii

medal1.png

#386 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

~Latest Screenshots~

Keldeo:

keldeosangi.pngkeldeo7.png

Version Differences:

blackcity.pngwhiteforest.png

watercave.pngmagmacave.png

Join Avenue:

join8.pngjoin7.pngjoin9.png

Fes Missions: Hunting for an Audino

audinohunt.pngfesplayer.png

Sacred Beast Forme Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus in battle:

tornadus3.pngthundurus2.pnglandorus2.png

The last one is so epic... :shock:

Pokemon Dream Radar:

thundurus.jpgporygon.jpg

And a comparison between the old C-Gear and the new C-Gear:

Pokémon  - Prepaid NintendoCardsPokémon Black 2 & White 2

I absolutely love Keldeo's Resolution Forme. Looks much more confident and stronger. :P

#387 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

I think i'll be going for White 2, seeing as I got White first time and that lava cave looks so awesome :3

#388 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -

Pokemon finally gets an achievement system. :shock:

[quote="Serebii"]

There are over 200 medals to collect, for achieving various bits of the game, and you can decorate your Trainer Card with them. These medals also give you a title given by someone. The medals are unlocked through a variety of things such as catching Pokémon, having a certain amount of battles and so on.

ANIMEguy10034

medal1.png

This looks very nice to me. Something to keep me going and playing. Black and white bored me to be honest.
#389 Posted by moltenix (2483 posts) -

*looks at above images*

GOTY confirmed! :D

Aww man, i'm not sure which version to get. They both look so cool. It also looks like they'll be a bit more replay value this time around.

#390 Posted by moltenix (2483 posts) -

I noticed IGN gave Pokemon Conquest a 9. I haven't bothered keeping track of this game; anyone know what it's like? Anyone getting it?

#391 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

I noticed IGN gave Pokemon Conquest a 9. I haven't bothered keeping track of this game; anyone know what it's like? Anyone getting it?

moltenix

Nintendo Power gave it a 9.
Destructoid gave it a 8.
EGM gave it a 8.

Lookin' good. :o
I'll wait for more reviews. I don't usually buy spin-off games, but this one may be the exception.

I think most people have not been keeping track of this game. There's barely any hype and it's coming out in 2 days. I blame B2W2 for hogging the spotlight. :P

#392 Posted by moltenix (2483 posts) -

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

ANIMEguy10034

Nintendo Power gave it a 9.
Destructoid gave it a 8.
EGM gave it a 8.

Lookin' good. :o
I'll wait for more reviews. I don't usually buy spin-off games, but this one may be the exception.

I think most people have not been keeping track of this game. There's barely any hype and it's coming out in 2 days. I blame B2W2 for hogging the spotlight. :P

Well, people don't usually hype the spinoff games anyway. :P

Nice user icon ya got there, you have good tastes. :cool:

#393 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

I'm going to drop by my local walmart and see if I can pick it up at midnight. :) I haven't bought a spin off since Snap.

#394 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

moltenix

Likewise. ;)

moltenix and ANIMEguy used Swagger!

tumblr_m06vx8gMPC1rpy5dvo1_500.jpg

#395 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

I haven't bought a spin off since Snap.

Pixel-Perfect

13 years?! :shock:

I haven't bought a spin-off since Ranger. In fact, Pokemon Ranger was the first Pokemon game I bought. I played Crystal and Colosseum before it, but I didn't really like it. It wasn't until Diamond that I became an addict. :P

#396 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

ANIMEguy10034

Likewise. ;)

moltenix and ANIMEguy used Swagger!

Pixel-Perfect used... uh... well it's not like I'm jealous, I-I mean if that's what you're implying.

#397 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

Pixel-Perfect used... uh... well it's not like I'm jealous, I-I mean if that's what you're implying.

Pixel-Perfect

Jealous? Pfft. How can someone so awesome be jealous of us? :P

1024.jpg?md=1339831694000

fail attempt on putting sunglasses...

#398 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

ANIMEguy10034

Jealous? Pfft. How can someone so awesome be jealous of us? :P

1024.jpg?md=1339831694000

fail attempt on putting sunglasses...

Not at all. :shock:

That's just about the coolest response I've ever gotten. :P

Also I'm assuming you did your own banner, it looks really nice! Especially since you're so new to gimp! :D

#399 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4678 posts) -

Not at all. :shock:

That's just about the coolest response I've ever gotten. :P

Also I'm assuming you did your own banner, it looks really nice! Especially since you're so new to gimp! :D

Pixel-Perfect

oh-stop-it-you_large.jpg

Thanks! :D I'm learning new stuff as I play around with it. I might redo the Elesa one next, or make a banner for another Pokemon. Or maybe Shulk from Xenoblade... Hmm... I haven't decided yet. :P

#400 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

All of the Gym Leaders have been revealed!

[spoiler] Homika, (New Water Type Gym Leader), Cheren, Elesa, Skyla, Clay, Drayden and Burgh. [/spoiler]