Official Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Discussion and Info Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Also is there anything about the Starters, I couldn't see anything but I'm hoping for either new ones or the Kanto or Hoenn starters, don't want the Unova ones again though.spike6958
Nothing yet, but the chances of using Oshawott, Snivy, and Tepig again are really high.

I hope you can travel to other regions other than Unova.

SavageKantus

I hope so too. I have a feeling that the map will expand westward. The entire Northeastern side of Unova is completely frozen so B/W2 needs a new Pokemon League, a place to migrate pokemon, a new forest, and a new 1st, 2nd, and 7th gym. The 1st and 2nd gym could be Water and Poison, but the Gym order has not been confirmed yet.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
Any chance that we'll get new pokemon sprites ANIME?
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ANIMEguy10034

Any chance that we'll get new pokemon sprites ANIME?TriniPlayer

New sprites have not been confirmed yet, but the ones shown in the scan look identical to the ones from B/W.

Black and White:

SerperiorRioluPsyduckMareepEeveeLaprasArcanineTyranitarWeavileMetagross

Compared to the small battle pics in the second scan.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Poke-fans: do the pokemon survey on pokemon.com and get your voice heard.
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 TriniPlayer

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"]Any chance that we'll get new pokemon sprites ANIME?ANIMEguy10034

New sprites have not been confirmed yet, but the ones shown in the scan look identical to the ones from B/W.

Black and White:

SerperiorRioluPsyduckMareepEeveeLaprasArcanineTyranitarWeavileMetagross

Compared to the small battle pics in the second scan.

Hmmm you think we will have a chance of getting new sprites atleast for some pokes? I was really hoping for different sprites for the starters especially Serperior but I guess that went down the drain already

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TriniPlayer
Poke-fans: do the pokemon survey on pokemon.com and get your voice heard.Rod90
What's is it about exactly?
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
@ celebrities are meant to get the attention of the younger fanbase with how they dress and not to mention and like i said the mc from black/white looked like a tool it doesn't make it right i disliked the guy so much i haven't even been able to beat my copy of white and thats been the only pokemon game i haven't beaten and its all because how the MC looks
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ANIMEguy10034

Hmmm you think we will have a chance of getting new sprites atleast for some pokes? I was really hoping for different sprites for the starters especially Serperior but I guess that went down the drain already

TriniPlayer

It's possible. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum had new sprites. Maybe BW2's sprites have new animations?

I hope the back sprites are less pixely, but making a new batch of back sprites for 649 pokemon + 649 shiny pokemon + a bunch of forms and gender differences is more work than zooming in 200% to make them look bigger.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ANIMEguy10034

@ celebrities are meant to get the attention of the younger fanbase with how they dress and not to mention and like i said the mc from black/white looked like a tool it doesn't make it right i disliked the guy so much i haven't even been able to beat my copy of white and thats been the only pokemon game i haven't beaten and its all because how the MC lookselbert_b_23

Then play as the girl? :P

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 elbert_b_23

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]@ celebrities are meant to get the attention of the younger fanbase with how they dress and not to mention and like i said the mc from black/white looked like a tool it doesn't make it right i disliked the guy so much i haven't even been able to beat my copy of white and thats been the only pokemon game i haven't beaten and its all because how the MC looksANIMEguy10034

Then play as the girl? :P

i would have but then i'll have to delete everything and i will lose my legendares and even some are rare ones and i don't want to lose them
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TriniPlayer

@ celebrities are meant to get the attention of the younger fanbase with how they dress and not to mention and like i said the mc from black/white looked like a tool it doesn't make it right i disliked the guy so much i haven't even been able to beat my copy of white and thats been the only pokemon game i haven't beaten and its all because how the MC lookselbert_b_23

Celebrities itself wasn't really the point I was trying to make though,I was only using it as an example of Jay Z and Kanye West because of the way they have their pants tucked in their shoes also as a form of style.

As for the male character I've got a question for you,how exactly would you dress the original male protaganists if he were in his late teens? Understand I'm not coming at you I'm just trying to understand your views abit more

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TriniPlayer

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"]

ANIMEguy10034

It's possible. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum had new sprites. Maybe BW2's sprites have new animations?

I hope the back sprites are less pixely, but making a new batch of back sprites for 649 pokemon + 649 shiny pokemon + a bunch of forms and gender differences is more work than zooming in 200% to make them look bigger.

Good point,it really makes you wonder how would they take advantage of the 3DS hardware when it comes to the sprites,battling and just the whole in-game world to be precise
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Rod90
[QUOTE="Rod90"]Poke-fans: do the pokemon survey on pokemon.com and get your voice heard.TriniPlayer
What's is it about exactly?

About everything actually, videogames, the TV show, the trading card game and how long have you been with pokemon.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ANIMEguy10034

Good point,it really makes you wonder how would they take advantage of the 3DS hardware when it comes to the sprites,battling and just the whole in-game world to be preciseTriniPlayer

*imagines what Black and White would have looked like on the 3DS*

*imagines AR pokemon battles*

*looks at my copy of Black*

6th Gen better blow our minds whenever it comes out.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts
I was really starting to get bored with the Pokemon games as it just got too tedious to just battle and battle and battle all the time to level up your Pokemon. Now they've ramped the story up by a factor of 10, overhauled the graphics, music, and the Pokemon themselves are truly unique compared to all the past Pokemon. The game reminds me more of the anime the way the characters interact now. Even the beginning cinematic had me wondering for a few seconds if I had bought another game until I saw the Pokemon on screen. Now it looks like they are gonna ramp it up even more. I'm so siked up for black and white 2!!!
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#66 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Hope all this "new" stuff means the game will feel and play like a new Pokemon game as well. Liking the new girl, wish the same can be said for the new guy.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

The new guy looks ridiculous. :|

Sepewrath

lol the girl looks far more ridiculous than the guy.

Oh yeah? Well your opinion is wrong.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]N-No way! Nobody says that about the new girl! :shock:

She's SO cute! *obsesses*ANIMEguy10034

Ehhh... Okay, the girl looks pretty adorable, but the guy is a fashion disaster. Why wear shorts with spandex if you could wear pants, jeans, or sweats? The amount of extra work he has to do putting on those spandex irritates me. And his hair... He needs a haircut or a new hat. :|

Agreed completely.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Rod90

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

The new guy looks ridiculous. :|

Pixel-Perfect

lol the girl looks far more ridiculous than the guy.

The female trainer from B/W 1 had the best design.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"] lol the girl looks far more ridiculous than the guy.Rod90

The female trainer from B/W 1 had the best design.

I think I'm liking the new one a little better actually but I was definitely obsessing over "Hilda's" design too.

Freeglader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#71 Freeglader
Member since 2006 • 408 Posts

Ok, this all looks pretty good. The only thing stopping me though, is that I have literally 99% of the pokedex on my black game, with the obvious exception of things like mew and deoxys, which I haven't managed to get yet.

It's too much hassle to transfer them all over...

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Philokalia
Member since 2012 • 2910 Posts

im kind of reminded of Pokemon Gold and Silver, not sure why.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 elbert_b_23

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]@ celebrities are meant to get the attention of the younger fanbase with how they dress and not to mention and like i said the mc from black/white looked like a tool it doesn't make it right i disliked the guy so much i haven't even been able to beat my copy of white and thats been the only pokemon game i haven't beaten and its all because how the MC looksTriniPlayer

Celebrities itself wasn't really the point I was trying to make though,I was only using it as an example of Jay Z and Kanye West because of the way they have their pants tucked in their shoes also as a form of style.

As for the male character I've got a question for you,how exactly would you dress the original male protaganists if he were in his late teens? Understand I'm not coming at you I'm just trying to understand your views abit more

kids nowdays have no sense of style nowdays and at this point i would like a choice of changing the clothes that a MC can ware and they don't have to be a lot of choices but then again i never liked the MC choices for male characters but at least most were stupid funny and over reacting of teens from that current time period.
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#74 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Well guys, I think Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott are pretty much confirmed for the Starters, as they are right up front by the trainers on the pre-order posters. Oh well, I'm a bit disappointed, but I guess we're not force to use the starters. Either way I'll be picking which ever version of the game has Lapras and Arcanine...and if they are on separate versions GameFreak will burn :twisted:.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
AWESOME!!! :O
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#76 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I would still like more info on the game... I love Pokemon but this is looking to be more of a glorified expansion pack than anything... there has to be big changes to sell me on it.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ANIMEguy10034

I would still like more info on the game... I love Pokemon but this is looking to be more of a glorified expansion pack than anything... there has to be big changes to sell me on it.

turtlethetaffer

More info might be shown during Pokemon Smash on Sunday.

I don't know about you, but having a new cast, a new story, some new gym leaders, and new areas because the ENTIREeastern side of Unova is under a giant glacier are pretty big changes. It's more than what we would have gotten if they made Pokemon Gray, the director's cut of Black and White.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

This is a huge change compared to if they just released Grey version! Considering the fact that a lot of us were only expecting Grey version rather some a sequel, I don't know what people were expecting from this really.

Either way, us hardcore Poke'Fans will be picking this up without question (you all know who you are ;)).

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ANIMEguy10034

Either way, us hardcore Poke'Fans will be picking this up without question (you all know who you are ;)).

moltenix

And they're one of the most awesome people I know. ;)

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#80 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

New Gameplay Trailer!

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 - First Trailer SerebiiSPP 303 views 26 minutes ago The first trailer for Pokémon Black 2 & White 2

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#81 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Is that a tree head tomboy?:lol: The main girl character doesn't look bad through.

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 sonictrainer

lol

Whoa, dog

That explains everything.

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts
I'm no liking the new characters so far. Heck! they look almost the same. It seems that for the male protagonists they just used the original Black and White character and just changed his clothes and the hair.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ANIMEguy10034

New Gameplay Trailer!

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 - First Trailer SerebiiSPP 303 views 26 minutes ago The first trailer for Pokémon Black 2 & White 2

sonictrainer

Thanks for the heads up! *updating op*

Edit: Original Post updated. html errors are preventing me from adding some color or font size changes.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Cool trailer.

I wonder which starter I'll be picking this time! I likely won't pick Oshawott again since I picked it for White. Actually, depending on what old Pokemon are in the wild, I think I might not even use my starter for long. I know I did that for platinum where most of my ingame team were from older generations; I did use Empoleon though. I do love the Unova Pokemon, but if some of my old favorites can be caught in the wild, I don't think I can resist. :P

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ANIMEguy10034

I might pick Oshawott again. Water types are my absolute favorite and I can't say no to this face:

:P

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#87 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Cool trailer.

I wonder which starter I'll be picking this time! I likely won't pick Oshawott again since I picked it for White. Actually, depending on what old Pokemon are in the wild, I think I might not even use my starter for long. I know I did that for platinum where most of my ingame team were from older generations; I did use Empoleon though. I do love the Unova Pokemon, but if some of my old favorites can be caught in the wild, I don't think I can resist. :P

moltenix

I know which Starter I'm choosing for one version. In Black I chose Oshawott, in White I chose Snivy. So in one version I'm choosing Tepig but for the Other I would have to choose a duplicate.

It was weird that I chose Oshawott because I never chose a Water Pokemon as a Starter I always chose Fire or Grass starters.

Gen 1 (Charmander) Once I chose Bulbasaur and it was too easy
Gen 2 (Chikorita) When I chose Cyndaquil the game was too easy
Gen 3 I never played it so I don't know who I would've chosen
Gen 4 (Chimchar)
Gen 5 (Snivy and Oshawott)

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Pixel-Perfect

I dunno what I want to pick... I've picked Oshawott twice now, maybe I'll just go for a third... and a fourth when I get the American version.:shock:

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Pixel-Perfect

It was weird that I chose Oshawott because I never chose a Water Pokemon as a Starter I always chose Fire or Grass starters.

Gen 1 (Charmander) Once I chose Bulbasaur and it was too easy
Gen 2 (Chikorita) When I chose Cyndaquil the game was too easy
Gen 3 I never played it so I don't know who I would've chosen
Gen 4 (Chimchar)
Gen 5 (Snivy and Oshawott)

Nintendo_Ownes7

Same here, I always pick fire or grass but my list is reversed from yours. :P

Gen 1 Bulbasaur

Gen 2 Cyndaquil

Gen 3 Torchic

Gen 4 Turtwig

Gen 5 Oshawott

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Rod90

I dunno what I want to pick... I've picked Oshawott twice now, maybe I'll just go for a third... and a fourth when I get the American version.:shock:

Pixel-Perfect
Why don't you just wait for the american version??
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#91 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I heard a rumor today, and the more I look at the main characters the more I think there may be some truth to it, though I doubt it. I heard that the main characters of Black 2 and White 2 are actually younger versions of the main characters from Black & White and that some kinda crazy time paradox is happening in Unova in this game, which is also part of the reason the region is frozen. Again this is just a rumor, and probably holds no truth at all, but still I thought it would be interesting to share with you guys.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

I heard a rumor today, and the more I look at the main characters the more I think there may be some truth to it, though I doubt it. I heard that the main characters of Black 2 and White 2 are actually younger versions of the main characters from Black & White and that some kinda crazy time paradox is happening in Unova in this game, which is also part of the reason the region is frozen. Again this is just a rumor, and probably holds no truth at all, but still I thought it would be interesting to share with you guys.

spike6958
Time travel is more of Dialga's territory. I don't really see that happening here
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ANIMEguy10034

I think our new protagonists have swim suits under their clothes. It would make sense if there's a lot of diving and swimming in Black 2 and White 2. :o

Why don't you just wait for the american version??Rod90
She's too hardcore to pass up the Japanese version. :P

spike6958

Ehh... I don't know. :? Sounds too complicated.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 TriniPlayer
So will team plasma keep their positions as the villians or will we have new villians in the game? (I didn't watch the trailer btw since I wanted to avoid any further possible spoilers)
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ANIMEguy10034

So will team plasma keep their positions as the villians or will we have new villians in the game? (I didn't watch the trailer btw since I wanted to avoid any further possible spoilers)TriniPlayer

We don't know yet, but something in the trailer could answer your question. We don't know who they are and if they serve a purpose in the story.

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 sonictrainer

EDIT:

Ninja'd

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ANIMEguy10034

High resolution artworks of the protagonists, rival and Akuroma.

For the art nerds out there. :)

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 sonictrainer

Starters, Psyduck, Azurill, Mareep, and Buneary

New Artwork

AND

Video of the first area of the game

Pokemon Smash Live 4-15-12 (Pokemon B/W 2 Gameplay Footage and Trailer Revealed!

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Pixel-Perfect

High resolution artworks of the protagonists, rival and Akuroma.

For the art nerds out there. :)

ANIMEguy10034

I-It's beatiful. :shock: