Official Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Discussion and Info Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#551 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Why no 3DS version ??????Its3D
Black and White were on the DS. They don't want the generations to be split between two systems. If Black and White was on the 3DS Black and White 2 would've been on the 3DS.

Though 6th Generation is definitely going to be on the 3DS.

#552 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

So I finally made the time to beat Elesa. :P

Her gym is super simple, but still totally awesome. :D

#554 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4705 posts) -

So I finally made the time to beat Elesa. :P

Her gym is super simple, but still totally awesome. :D

Pixel-Perfect

[spoiler] "GIMME WHAT I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!" [/spoiler]

:P

#555 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22424 posts) -
apparently challenge mode in Black2 doesn't unlock until you beat the champion. So there's really no point to it unless you can find someone to give you the key when you start the game
#556 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4705 posts) -

apparently challenge mode in Black2 doesn't unlock until you beat the champion. So there's really no point to it unless you can find someone to give you the key when you start the gameShinobishyguy

Yep.

Fans: "GameFreak, give us difficulty levels!"

GameFreak: "You guys need both games to unlock it!"

It's all about the money! :cry:

EDIT: It would have been much better if both keys were unlockable in the same version. If one person out of a group of friends owns Black 2, it wouldn't be fair if everyone but him/her get to experience Challenge Mode from the start. What if you want to help a friend, but both of you own Black 2? How could you assist him/her?

#557 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

apparently challenge mode in Black2 doesn't unlock until you beat the champion. So there's really no point to it unless you can find someone to give you the key when you start the gameShinobishyguy

At least it'll be available during the post-game. Obviously, it's not as great as having it available throughout entire pre-E4 segment as well.

Having tougher trainers in the post-game is always a plus for grinding.

#558 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

Maybe I'm missing something here or haven't researched it enough, but is there any way to get challenge mode on White 2? I'd prefer white 2 for the exclusives and the fact I got White first, but assist mode sounds really lame...

#559 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -

Maybe I'm missing something here or haven't researched it enough, but is there any way to get challenge mode on White 2? I'd prefer white 2 for the exclusives and the fact I got White first, but assist mode sounds really lame...

Defy_The_Fallen
Do you have a friend who's getting black 2? I was planning on get white 2, but there's no way I need assist mode. I'll do the transfer thing you can do with a friend over wireless when we both finish the main game.
#560 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

[QUOTE="Defy_The_Fallen"]

YoshiYogurt

Do you have a friend who's getting black 2? I was planning on get white 2, but there's no way I need assist mode. I'll do the transfer thing you can do with a friend over wireless when we both finish the main game.

Oh right so that's how it works. If I remember by then I'll get in touch :)

#561 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="Defy_The_Fallen"]

Defy_The_Fallen

Oh right so that's how it works. If I remember by then I'll get in touch :)

Wait, I thought Key Link was local wireless only? :?

#562 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4705 posts) -

moltenix

It is. Well, Infrared to be exact (can you make it any worse, GameFreak?).

Hopefully they know eachother IRL.

#563 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4705 posts) -

Pokedex 3D Pro Promotional Video

[spoiler] RALTS HAS EYES?! [/spoiler]

I might consider buying it if it's cheap here. I wouldn't pay more than $10 to view pokemon in 3D.

#564 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Pokedex 3D Pro Promotional Video

[spoiler] RALTS HAS EYES?! [/spoiler]

I might consider buying it if it's cheap here. I wouldn't pay more than $10 to view pokemon in 3D.

ANIMEguy10034

That's more disturbing than when I found out Piloswine has eyes. :P

#565 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

ANIMEguy10034

We don't unfortunatley :lol:

Aah well, I'll see if my friends are buying Black or White and decide then :)

#566 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

@moltenixSeeing as your Avatar's Keldeo, you must know a bit about it right? :P

Firstly, do you have one? If you do I am the most jealous person in the world right now:o

If not, do you have any ideas as to when EU/US will be able to get it? I actually considering asking my parents to let us take a trip to japan so I could get Keldeo:|

#567 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4705 posts) -

We will get Keldeo and Meloetta by the end of the year, sometime near the release of Black 2 and White 2.

Genesect will be next year, whenever the 16th movie comes out.

#568 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

ANIMEguy10034

Haha yes, I know him IRL. I we'll be getting the new 5th gen pokemon as events, but I still need Deoxys, Celebi, Shaymin and jirachi. Hopefully there are more events. Why in the hell did they give us a mewtwo when it's easily available 4 games...
#569 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4705 posts) -

Especially Deoxys. Even though I have the one from 2008, it would be nice if we have another event. One that doesn't require you to go to a Gamestop store. :x

Anyway, I think I'm ready for Black 2 and White 2.

1024.jpg?md=1341453591000

Excuse the low quality -- I used the 3DS camera. :cry:

#570 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

Especially Deoxys. Even though I have the one from 2008, it would be nice if we have another event. One that doesn't require you to go to a Gamestop store. :x

ANIMEguy10034

Well... You've definitely caught them all...:|

Besides the final 3 of course :P

#571 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

ANIMEguy10034

Wow! :o

You make me look like a wannabe PokeFan in comparison. :P

Oh, and lol3DScamera. :lol:

#572 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -
Anybody know what the bottom screen is used for in the new games? Please not that C-Gear garbage. I want the watch or HG/SS menu back. The c-gear does nothing for me and the bottom screen wasted. At least give us an option to choose the menu or not.
#573 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4705 posts) -

It's C-Gear again. Same features as before, but with a different design.

I really miss the Poketch. It was really useful. Or that button that allowed auto-run in HG/SS.

#574 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -

It's C-Gear again. Same features as before, but with a different design.

I really miss the Poketch. It was really useful. Or that button that allowed auto-run in HG/SS.

ANIMEguy10034
Oh god... I hate that POS, as you can tell. Only 1/3 of your market is Japan, Nintendo. The rest of us live in places where people generally don't even play Pokemon. The upstars of the pokecenter was fine for battles with my friends... waste of a bottom screen...
#575 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

Just to change the topic to Black and White 1 for a second, has the Darkrai event worked for anyone? My game isn't picking anything up on mystery gift.

#576 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4705 posts) -

The Darkrai event ended last month. :(

#577 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

The Darkrai event ended last month. :(

ANIMEguy10034

Yeah sorry I cleared this up on another site, I misread the date on the pokemon site and thought it said July 10th :(

#578 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Sigh... I'm super broke and I think I might have to do the responsible thing and put Black 2 on eBay. :cry:

#579 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

Sigh... I'm super broke and I think I might have to do the responsible thing and put Black 2 on eBay. :cry:

Pixel-Perfect

:cry:

I know how hard it is to part with a pokémon game, my poor emerald :( (although I lost it, I didn't sell it :P)

#580 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4705 posts) -

Pixel-Perfect

What's more important than your Japanese version of Black 2?! D:
Rent? Food?? You somehow found the English version 3 months early and you must buy it??? Think about the Challenge Key! :cry:

-----

In other news:

Ghost-type Pokemon have the creepiest Japanese pokedex entries

[spoiler]

Banette: A discarded stuffed animal became a grudge-filled Pokemon. It is searching for the child who discarded it.

Drifloon: It's said to be a guidepost for souls. Children who've owned a Drifloon vanish without warning.

[/spoiler]

and the new key item, Shining Charm shiningcharm.png, increases the chances of encountering a shiny pokemon by... 300%! :D
Unfortunately, a 300% increase is still extremely low. From 1 in 8192 encounters to 1 in 2371 encounters.
At least it's something. :P Don't you agree, Captain Falcon?

Capt.Falcon: HYES!

And now here's Ollie Williams with the Unova forecast. Ollie?

1024.jpg?md=1341732532000

Thanks, Ollie. :)

It's 3:30am, I have nothing to do, and I need some sleep. @__@

#581 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

ANIMEguy10034

What's more important than your Japanese version of Black 2?! D:
Rent? Food?? You somehow found the English version 3 months early and you must buy it??? Think about the Challenge Key! :cry:

C-car repairs!! :cry:

Anyways, yeah, I'm so happy you get something for completing the dex now! That's always been one of my pet peeves with the games, you go through all that work for a pat on the back from Oak and bragging rights.

I've been playing Rotation battles online. It's so fun! And I'm really good at it! :P

#582 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4705 posts) -

I've been playing Rotation battles online. It's so fun! And I'm really good at it! :P

Pixel-Perfect

They really are! I remember getting addicted to them when I started using Choice items. :P

It's a shame that Rotation and Triple battles weren't taken to their full potential in BW1. Cress, Chili, and Cilan would have been perfect candidates for a Triple/Rotation Gym Battle, just like how Tate and Liza were the first and only Double Battle Gym Leaders.

#583 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

Not sure if this has been asked in the past thirty pages but does anyone know if since this was in development after the 3DS had launched if it will play in an appropriate resolution on the 3DS or if it will be stretched liked all the other DS games?

#584 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

Not sure if this has been asked in the past thirty pages but does anyone know if since this was in development after the 3DS had launched if it will play in an appropriate resolution on the 3DS or if it will be stretched liked all the other DS games?

Euaggelistes

I can only assume it would be stretched, otherwise it would cause some problems for the original DS's. It must have been in developement after or shortly before because the 3DS only came out a week after the first two titles.

#585 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

ANIMEguy10034

and the new key item, Shining Charm shiningcharm.png, increases the chances of encountering a shiny pokemon by... 300%! :D
Unfortunately, a 300% increase is still extremely low. From 1 in 8192 encounters to 1 in 2371 encounters.
At least it's something. :P Don't you agree, Captain Falcon?

Capt.Falcon: HYES!

Must... have... Shining charm!!!:o I got lucky once and got a shiny Vibrava and Bagon within the space of 2 hours. :)

#586 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4705 posts) -

Euaggelistes

I would also assume that it would be stretched.

#587 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4705 posts) -

Must... have... Shining charm!!!:o I got lucky once and got a shiny Vibrava and Bagon within the space of 2 hours. :)

Defy_The_Fallen

2 Hours?! :shock:

My luckiest shiny was hatching an adamant female Piplup a week before my birthday. It turned a year old on the 5th... they grow up so fast. :cry:

#588 Posted by LightningFlamez (17 posts) -

Anyone know how long the storyline is?

#589 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

Just have to put this out there, just listening to the soundtrack on youtube makes me so happy. I think this could easily be the best pokémon game ever created, I'm so pumped up for this right now! Words on the internet can't describe it! Maybe this describes my excitement when listening to the soundtrack...

Also, do you re-visit other regions? There's a lot of tracks like 'Sinnoh Lake' and 'Rustboro City' on the soundtrack, I doubt this is true though. I just don't see how they'd be implemented any other way...

#590 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4705 posts) -

LightningFlamez

Around 20 - 30 hours. Depends on how you play the game (casually or speedrun) and whether or not you were given the Challenge difficulty key. For the Challenge difficulty key, you will need someone who has beaten Black 2 to give it to you. It must be done via infrared (no wi-fi).
Also, do you re-visit other regions? There's a lot of tracks like 'Sinnoh Lake' and 'Rustboro City' on the soundtrack, I doubt this is true though. I just don't see how they'd be implemented any other way...Defy_The_Fallen
[spoiler] Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf can be caught in the games. I have no idea why there's a techno remix for Rustboro City. It could be one of those unused tracks.

GameFreak pretty much went all-out with the music. Just hear the quality difference between BW1's Title Music and BW2's Title Music. :D [/spoiler]

#591 Posted by trugs26 (5296 posts) -

Hi guys. Just a question about the challenge/assist mode:

Since Black 2 gets the challenge mode to give on completion of the game (using IR), and White 2 gets the assist mode to give, does that mean;
1. You can get both assist and challenge mode on one cart, assuming that you have 2 friends with both versions, and both friends complete the game and give it to you.
2. Or, if you have Black 2, you can only be given assist mode from a completed White 2 version. And vice versa
3. Or, if you have Black 2, you can only be given challenge mode from a completed Black 2 version. And vice versa.
4. Or, upon finishing the game, you get the allocated version (Assist for W2, Challenge for B2), and you have the ability to give it away to a friend as well. And if this is the case, does this follow any of the restrictions of points 2 or 3?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

#592 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

Hi guys. Just a question about the challenge/assist mode:

Since Black 2 gets the challenge mode to give on completion of the game (using IR), and White 2 gets the assist mode to give, does that mean;
1. You can get both assist and challenge mode on one cart, assuming that you have 2 friends with both versions, and both friends complete the game and give it to you.
2. Or, if you have Black 2, you can only be given assist mode from a completed White 2 version. And vice versa
3. Or, if you have Black 2, you can only be given challenge mode from a completed Black 2 version. And vice versa.
4. Or, upon finishing the game, you get the allocated version (Assist for W2, Challenge for B2), and you have the ability to give it away to a friend as well. And if this is the case, does this follow any of the restrictions of points 2 or 3?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

trugs26

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but:

When you beat the Champion, you unlock either Challenge/Assist key for your current save game.

Once you've unlocked the key, you can activate it for your game to use it during post-E4 gameplay. You can also "share" it with your friends regardless of which version they have or where they are in the game. e.g. You could share with someone the Challenge key in either Black or White 2 so that they could play through the main story in Challenge mode.

#593 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -
God, I love the Sinnoh Lake track and anything to do with the Lake trio. This is likely my favorite track from Gen 4. http://youtu.be/AABuX4UDrN0 SO relaxing
#594 Posted by LightningFlamez (17 posts) -

Wow. They should just give the challenge assist from the beginning.:cry:

#595 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

[QUOTE="LightningFlamez"]

ANIMEguy10034

Around 20 - 30 hours. Depends on how you play the game (casually or speedrun) and whether or not you were given the Challenge difficulty key. For the Challenge difficulty key, you will need someone who has beaten Black 2 to give it to you. It must be done via infrared (no wi-fi).
Also, do you re-visit other regions? There's a lot of tracks like 'Sinnoh Lake' and 'Rustboro City' on the soundtrack, I doubt this is true though. I just don't see how they'd be implemented any other way...Defy_The_Fallen
[spoiler] Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf can be caught in the games. I have no idea why there's a techno remix for Rustboro City. It could be one of those unused tracks.

GameFreak pretty much went all-out with the music. Just hear the quality difference between BW1's Title Music and BW2's Title Music. :D [/spoiler]

But Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf have there own soundtrack?

They really did, all the music is insanely good. I think the music is an important part of any pokémon game, and they've totally nailed it! :D

#596 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4705 posts) -

But Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf have there own soundtrack?

They really did, all the music is insanely good. I think the music is an important part of any pokémon game, and they've totally nailed it! :D

Defy_The_Fallen

Yes and indeed. :)

#597 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

Genesect has officially been revealed

Genesect

He will be given out in August through B2 and W2

#598 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

sonictrainer

But that would mean only the japanese would get him though right? We'll still have to wait...

#599 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Genesect

sonictrainer

I still hate that thing. :(

#600 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

[QUOTE="sonictrainer"]

Genesect

Pixel-Perfect