Official Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Discussion and Info Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

You couldn't have picked a better distraction. :P How far are you?

ANIMEguy10034

Satorl Marsh. I was supposed to return back to the ruins to proceed with the story, but I'm currently distracted by the sidequests. :P
...and I'm also level grinding. I like having everyone in my party at the same level. C'mon Sharla, level up already! :x

Everyone seems to be getting side tracked by the side quests except me. I'm only doing side quests as an afterthought.

#302 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

You couldn't have picked a better distraction. :P How far are you?

Pixel-Perfect

Satorl Marsh. I was supposed to return back to the ruins to proceed with the story, but I'm currently distracted by the sidequests. :P
...and I'm also level grinding. I like having everyone in my party at the same level. C'mon Sharla, level up already! :x

Everyone seems to be getting side tracked by the side quests except me. I'm only doing side quests as an afterthought.

Look on the bright side, at least you're not being sidetracked from the entire game like me! :P

Btw, are there any "Galvantula-like creatures" in Xenoblade? I've seen the Arachno Queen, is there anything else like that?

#303 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

moltenix

Look on the bright side, at least you're not being sidetracked from the entire game like me! :P

Btw, are there any "Galvantula-like creatures" in Xenoblade? I've seen the Arachno Queen, is there anything else like that?

I haven't really noticed any spiders... I think the only insects I've run into were worms.

#304 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

moltenix

Don't go to Daksha Shrine in Bionis' Leg. I followed a path full of arachnos and came across something unpleasant. Something called a Clifftop Bayern. :?

Btw, would you guys like to have more side quests in Pokemon games? The amount in Xenoblade is pretty overwhelming (over 400?!). I wouldn't mind having some in Pokemon. Maybe less fetch quests and more side story quests. Towns like Village Bridge and Lacunosa could have benefited from side quests; they're so bland and forgettable. :P

#305 Posted by engineer4prez (128 posts) -

I'm getting the one with the black pokemon on the front. It seems they reversed the mascots, because pokemon white had the black poke, and pokemon black had the white poke, but it looks like pokemon black is the one with the black hybrid poke now. That cover is cooler so yeah, pokemon black 2.

#306 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Btw, would you guys like to have more side quests in Pokemon games? The amount in Xenoblade is pretty overwhelming (over 400?!). I wouldn't mind having some in Pokemon. Maybe less fetch quests and more side story quests. Towns like Village Bridge and Lacunosa could have benefited from side quests; they're so bland and forgettable. :P

ANIMEguy10034

As long as they were quality sidequests with a story and interesting objectives then of course. :) I would hate to see stuff like "Go catch 5 Ratattas" or, God forbid, "Bring me six heart scales." Even that could work in some cases though, it would have been nice if we could have gotten some sort of reward for catching Feebas, for example.

#307 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

Dream Revive Sprite.png

Nothing that has not been shown already was revealed during this week's Pokemon Smash. Fortunately, next week will focus on Pokéwood and will include some gameplay footage! :D

I just hope it's not as underwhelming as last week's gameplay footage. 15 seconds of Sacred Beast Tornadus flying in Dream Radar and Meloetta battling. How exciting. :roll:

4 more weeks until the Japanese release! :D

#308 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

Dream Revive Sprite.png

Nothing that has not been shown already was revealed during this week's Pokemon Smash. Fortunately, next week will focus on Pokéwood and will include some gameplay footage! :D

I just hope it's not as underwhelming as last week's gameplay footage. 15 seconds of Sacred Beast Tornadus flying in Dream Radar and Meloetta battling. How exciting. :roll:

ANIMEguy10034

I can't wait! Even though we won't be playing it, at least we'll know everything about it. Then i'll know which version to get. :P

#309 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

Dream Revive Sprite.png

moltenix

I can't wait! Even though we won't be playing it, at least we'll know everything about it. Then i'll know which version to get. :P

Speak for yourself. :P

#310 Posted by Yangire (8794 posts) -

lYX3U.png

Only a few in Gamespot are apart of the elite B2/W2 importers.

HMV > Playasia for importing new games.

#311 Posted by Blabadon (26150 posts) -

lYX3U.png

Only a few in Gamespot are apart of the elite B2/W2 importers.

HMV > Playasia for importing new games.

Yangire
I want to import it, but I'd rather save my money for a game whose language I understand. :P Lucky people who understand Japanese.
#312 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

Homika is the Poison Type Gym Leader of Takiwaki City and gives away the Toxic Badge.

She is the second Gym Leader after Cheren.

#313 Posted by CloLuna (3 posts) -
I hope we can explore the ice regions of the new Unova. I wanna know what happened to it >.
#314 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

The Japanese release is less than a month away.

Do you think Gamefreak has anything up its sleeves or do you think we've heard all the important stuff?

#315 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

The Japanese release is less than a month away.

Do you think Gamefreak has anything up its sleeves or do you think we've heard all the important stuff?

Pixel-Perfect

The lack of new info makes me concerned. I hope they have more stuff to show in the next couple of weeks.

#316 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

A part of me wants them to talk about it at E3. I don't think they usually talk about Pokemon much at E3 but one can dream right! :D

I really hope they add lotsa cool features though. I know it'll be a sequel and everything but I don't want the only big difference being the story whereas the main game is still mostly like a "Gray Version" would have been.

#317 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -
#318 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

OMG, N is back! :D

#319 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

OMG, N is back! :D

moltenix

[spoiler]

And Skyla! :D

Fuuro, I cannot tell what your new outfit is, or if you are even wearing a new one >:  but at least she is confirmed~<3 I am still unsure if it is safe to assume all of the gym leaders will be returning, but I am sure we will see all of them at the tournament thingy. Hopefully.

[/spoiler]

#320 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Skyla's cool, so I'm glad to see her back. :P

Black and White actually had some of the lamest Gym leaders ever, with some notable exceptions. The Elite Four is pretty much the best though. :D

#321 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

Cress, Chili, Cilan, Lenora, and Burgh were boring. I'm glad the first 2 gym leaders are being replaced.

#322 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4125 posts) -
Is the music going to be the same as Black/White? Half the fun of a new Pokemon game is hearing new awesome music, but seeing as it's in the same area I'm not really sure.
#323 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Is the music going to be the same as Black/White? Half the fun of a new Pokemon game is hearing new awesome music, but seeing as it's in the same area I'm not really sure. Toxic-Seahorse

I'm wondering about that too. I'd be surprised if we didn't get some new tracks though.

#324 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Cress, Chili, Cilan, Lenora, and Burgh were boring. I'm glad the first 2 gym leaders are being replaced.

ANIMEguy10034

I like the trio for the most part. I don't care for Burgh, Lenora, or Tex at all though, and while I see what they were going for that beard on Drayden is just too much. Iris is cute but she doesn't strike me as much of a gym leader...

#325 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

Is the music going to be the same as Black/White? Half the fun of a new Pokemon game is hearing new awesome music, but seeing as it's in the same area I'm not really sure. Toxic-Seahorse

According to what they have shown on video, it will be a combination of remixed music, new music, and old BW music.

#326 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

Music-wise, I wouldn't mind some remixes of some BW songs plus some new stuff. Even if they do reuse some tracks, that's fine since I happen to love the music in the original BW.

As for gym leaders, I wish they were more challenging. I know it's a Pokemon game and everything but we only battle them once and most of the time, you can just plow right through them. Do gym leaders normally have max IVs or EVs?

#327 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

I like the trio for the most part. I don't care for Burgh, Lenora, or Tex at all though, and while I see what they were going for that beard on Drayden is just too much. Iris is cute but she doesn't strike me as much of a gym leader...

Pixel-Perfect

Drayden's beard is a mystery... but he looks pretty badass. :P

I have a feeling Iris will take over the Opelucid Gym in B2W2.

and who's Tex? O__o

#328 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

ANIMEguy10034

Drayden's beard is a mystery... but he looks pretty badass. :P

I have a feeling Iris will take over the Opelucid Gym in B2W2.

and who's Tex? O__o

185px-Black_White_Clay.png

#329 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

As for gym leaders, I wish they were more challenging. I know it's a Pokemon game and everything but we only battle them once and most of the time, you can just plow right through them.

moltenix

I thought the gym leaders were alright... I actually lost to Te... fine, Clay. :P

#330 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

Pixel-Perfect

I thought his name was Clay. :shock:

#331 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

ANIMEguy10034

It's an affectionate nickname.

#332 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Pixel-Perfect

Doesn't look much like a Tex to me. :P

But hey, what to do I know! :cool:

#333 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

I lost to Lenora twice. She kept getting critical hits and her Watchog has Hypnosis. :x

#334 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

moltenix

Google image it. :P

#335 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Pixel-Perfect

Really? D:

Well, I don't think he looks much like a Clay either. :P

They really do come up with some silly names sometimes.

#336 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Pixel-Perfect

Google image it. :P

Ah, I see where ur coming from. :P

Better name than Clay I guess. ;)

#337 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

They really do come up with some silly names sometimes.

moltenix

Agreed. :P

But hey, for a Ground Type leader, at least it fits the theme.

#338 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

*searches*
Hmm... Maybe if Clay was thinner... :P

#339 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

*searches*
Hmm... Maybe if Clay was thinner... :P

ANIMEguy10034

Fine, nit pick my nicknames, see if I care. I don't care.

:cry:

#340 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

Pixel-Perfect

tumblr_lxus0jf6vv1r5hs0s.gif

:P

#341 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

ANIMEguy10034

tumblr_lxus0jf6vv1r5hs0s.gif

:P

lol that was convenient. :P

#342 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

Pokemon Smash just aired. Some Pokewood stuff.

You basically pick a Pokewood scenario, pick the pokemon you want to choose to star in the film (it could be your own or rented), battle behind a green screen (the battle has to follow the script), and then watch the final product and the audience will judge it.

It does not replace the musical. Both facilities are present in the games.

Gameplay Video: I NEED TO LEARN JAPANESE

#343 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Sounds like a forgettable diversion I'll try once.

#344 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

Pixel-Perfect

I agree. I hope some scenarios are much longer than the one shown in the video. I was like, "That's it?", when the credits were shown. I'd give it 2 out of 5 Ewok Hugs.

#345 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

Pokemon Smash just aired. Some Pokewood stuff.

You basically pick a Pokewood scenario, pick the pokemon you want to choose to star in the film (it could be your own or rented), battle behind a green screen (the battle has to follow the script), and then watch the final product and the audience will judge it.

It does not replace the musical. Both facilities are present in the games.

Gameplay Video: I NEED TO LEARN JAPANESE

ANIMEguy10034

Nooo, that awful place is still there?! :|

Oh well, at least Pokewood sounds oh so slightly more interesting.

Edit: Just watched the video. That's it?! Looked like some glorified Pokemon battle to me? :?

Where's da fire, guns and explosions?! :D

#346 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

ANIMEguy10034

I agree. I hope some scenarios are much longer than the one shown in the video. I was like, "That's it?", when the credits were shown. I'd give it 2 out of 5 Ewok Hugs.

1/5 Chocobo Bites for me. :(

The way they're talking about Pokewood like it's a big thing makes me think maybe they're out of interesting reveals after all. I guess I'm going to have to wait for gen 6 to get my Pokemon hype high.

#347 Posted by sman3579 (21173 posts) -
I'm so ready for this game! I'll probably get Pokemon White 2
#348 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

I'm so ready for this game! I'll probably get Pokemon White 2sman3579

I-It's you!

#349 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

After being bummed out by Wii U at the press conference, at least I have Pokemon BW2 to look forward to this year! :D

It seems my wallet isn't hurting all that much compared to last year's E3.

#350 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

The Japanese Nintendo Channel uploaded a new B2W2 trailer.

It includes new footage of the games, a hint on Akuroma's identity, and Sacred Beast Tornadus being captured in Dream Radar and sent to the DS games.