Nintendo Worse Than Previously Thought? Franchises Moving?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@iandizion713 posted some numbers which are terrifying for Nintendo and it's fans.

Wii U was released Nov-Dec 2012

Dec 2012 - 3.06 million units sold

Dec 2013 - 5.86 million units sold

Dec 2014 - 9.20 million units sold

Now let's take a closer look at these stats....

2012 - The Wii U launches and optimism is at an all time high. Third party wasn't going to make much for it but Nintendo after coming off the horrible end of the Wii (2008-2012) learns it needs software.

3.06 million sold

2013 - Rough first year, store promotions do what they can but the Wii U is shown to be a flawed system. Console went the longest period in time with no games, set a world record. Nintendo says everything will change the next year when it's Kart and Smash games come out. Nintendo pleads for people to buy for the future.

2.8 million sold

2014 - Here's where it gets bad. The two largest games the console will ever see barely moves the needle from the year before with absolutely nothing on the console.

3.34 million sold

That's not a mistake. Nintendo released their killer games in 2014, they don't have anything better than these two (Kart and Smash) and they only sold half a million more than the year before with no games. That's horrible, that's past horrible. This is Nintendo's worst nightmare.

What does it mean moving forward?

Zelda is delayed, now is it delayed for the Wii U or is it delayed for the next console? We've seen Nintendo do this before.

The Gamecube almost put Nintendo into bankruptcy and there came a point when they weren't going to waste any more software on it. Super Paper Mario was set to be released on the Gamecube and it was held and tweaked to be a Wii game instead. Could Zelda face the same fate?

Also now that DeNA is calling a lot of the shots for Nintendo do we see a Metroid or Kid Icarus game on a smartphone instead of a console for the sole reason because they'll sell?

Nintendo literally has nothing down the pipeline to sell the Wii U now. It's best efforts were in 2014 and it fell flat, changes are coming and people could see their favorite franchises on yet to be announced hardware or even their smartphone because of it.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I think the delay of Zelda WiiU is the greatest news ever. Now Nintendo can focus on other franchises as well as put more time into making Zelda WiiU a better game. Especially with the news that Zelda WiiU will NOT be shown at E3 (which I think is GREAT) the focus can be on other titles.

Nintendo HAD Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem which COULD have been a HUGE title but it seems like they abandoned that.

I GUESS Pokken Tournament has the potential to be great but from what they shown on gameplay for it, it needs to definitely have more depth into the gameplay because it looked WAAYYYY too simplified (but it's still early so hopefully they (Namco Bandai) add more depth to it).

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#3 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

I doubt some people on here had an "all-time high" optimism when the system launched. I also doubt that the GCN ever threatened Nintendo seriously, never mind bankruptcy. I also notice that when Nintendo release for phones/devices, the scrutiny they received is disproportionate to other companies that did the same - no one gave a crap. This tells me that Nintendo is held to a higher standard than others, and that they earned this standard by making decisions in the past that may have looked strange, but in the long term helped their brand. Nintendo are always thinking long-term, not short term like Sony or MS. The reason for this is because they can afford it.

Ryno1179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ryno1179
Member since 2015 • 187 Posts

@nini200 said:

I think the delay of Zelda WiiU is the greatest news ever. Now Nintendo can focus on other franchises as well as put more time into making Zelda WiiU a better game. Especially with the news that Zelda WiiU will NOT be shown at E3 (which I think is GREAT) the focus can be on other titles.

Nintendo HAD Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem which COULD have been a HUGE title but it seems like they abandoned that.

I GUESS Pokken Tournament has the potential to be great but from what they shown on gameplay for it, it needs to definitely have more depth into the gameplay because it looked WAAYYYY too simplified (but it's still early so hopefully they (Namco Bandai) add more depth to it).

Only a true diehard Nintendo fan would spin the Zelda delay as good news. Nintendo now has absolutely nothing coming out this year to look forward to except maybe Star Fox. Yoshi will end up ok and Splatoon being a team based shooter with no way to communicate is a joke but I'm guessing you think that is good news as well.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Numbers look solid to me being from a two year period and a full year of barely no games at that. I predict Nintendo will have a big year this year. Lets aim for that 20 million mark. First we will past Xbox One this year, then we will pass PS4 in 2016. Nintendo should have never trusted 3rd party, but fans begged them to. Im sure Nintendo will not make this mistake again. Thank goodness Nintendo built the Wii U with smarts, every time one is sold they make a profit. You can almost buy a Wii U and a 3DS for the price of a PS4.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nini200

@ryno1179 said:

@nini200 said:

Only a true diehard Nintendo fan would spin the Zelda delay as good news. Nintendo now has absolutely nothing coming out this year to look forward to except maybe Star Fox. Yoshi will end up ok and Splatoon being a team based shooter with no way to communicate is a joke but I'm guessing you think that is good news as well.

You must be new here and must not know me very well huh?

I'm glad Zelda got delayed because too many have been coming out recently whether remake or not. I want OTHER games, not more Zelda right now. I'm tired of Zelda at the moment.

Also you nor anybody else really knows what all Nintendo has planned for this year besides Nintendo so I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy whatever else they show at E3 this year because it WON'T be Zelda :D

Ryno1179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ryno1179

@nini200: I guess but the Zelda game was the only game I was truly looking forward to on the Wiiu. It's one of my favorite series. Unless they announce a new Metroid I really can't think of anything that would have me excited. Maybe an online Pokemon for the Wiiu but knowing Nintendo and online they would find some way to screw that game up too.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nini200

@ryno1179 said:

@nini200: I guess but the Zelda game was the only game I was truly looking forward to on the Wiiu. It's one of my favorite series. Unless they announce a new Metroid I really can't think of anything that would have me excited. Maybe an online Pokemon for the Wiiu but knowing Nintendo and online they would find some way to screw that game up too.

See that's where Nintendo fans got it messed up, you =/= Majority. Sure Zelda is YOUR favorite franchise and that's fine, lots of people like Zelda but the point is Nintendo has a bunch of other franchises that NEED to be revived ESPECIALLY since there is virtually no 3rd party anymore. You are NOT the main focus at Nintendo regardless of how much you think they care about you, they don't. All that matters is that $$$.

Find a way to screw the game up too? What are you talking about? If you are a real Zelda fan, you should have expected this to be delayed just like a bunch of other Zelda titles were. Nothing was screwed up. Don't be that guy. Just because Zelda is delayed, it's not the end of the world.

Ryno1179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ryno1179

@nini200 said:

@ryno1179 said:

See that's where Nintendo fans got it messed up, you =/= Majority. Sure Zelda is YOUR favorite franchise and that's fine, lots of people like Zelda but the point is Nintendo has a bunch of other franchises that NEED to be revived ESPECIALLY since there is virtually no 3rd party anymore. You are NOT the main focus at Nintendo regardless of how much you think they care about you, they don't. All that matters is that $$$.

Find a way to screw the game up too? What are you talking about? If you are a real Zelda fan, you should have expected this to be delayed just like a bunch of other Zelda titles were. Nothing was screwed up. Don't be that guy. Just because Zelda is delayed, it's not the end of the world.

I'm not talking about screwing up Zelda, I'm sure it will turn out fine. I'm talking about Nintendo and their online. The latest screw up being no voice chat in Splatoon. Their online policy's are the absolute worse in the Industry. Every time I think Nintendo is taking a step forward in the right direction it feels like they take two steps back. This is just my opinion.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nini200

@ryno1179 said:

@nini200 said:

@ryno1179 said:

I'm not talking about screwing up Zelda, I'm sure it will turn out fine. I'm talking about Nintendo and their online. The latest screw up being no voice chat in Splatoon. Their online policy's are the absolute worse in the Industry. Every time I think Nintendo is taking a step forward in the right direction it feels like they take two steps back. This is just my opinion.

Yeah I agree with you there. They do screw up when it comes to online. There still is no simple messaging system on a console that has a freaking tablet for a primary controller...

Yeah at least you realize that it is your opinion.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iandizion713

@nini200: I agree, Zelda always gets delayed like this, its time to focus on some other great games. I cant wait for another coop Kirby game.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@ryno1179: Xenoblade Chronicles X ?

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

Yes the U is a failure, I will enjoy X, devils 3rd, starfox maybe, and zelda and thats it. Who says Dena is calling the shots? We will see franchises on smartphones but it will be tailored to those type of games and we will still get dedicated console games of same franchises.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 outworld222  Online
Member since 2004 • 4223 Posts

I think that 2014 was the better year Nintendo had. Right?? Somebody's trying to rewrite history. But whatever. Let's just discuss this. You think name brands are gonna move to the tbd consoles, just because Nintendo partnered with DENA?? You're all over the place on this one JaysonGuy. I don't even know what you're trying to say. So.... For instance Nintendo's franchises move to x-box?? I don't see that happening if you ask me.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#15  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

It's bad, for sure, but I wouldn't write Zelda off as a possible NX game just yet. We don't even know when NX is going to release or any details on what it is outside of being a dedicated gaming system. One of the reasons Twilight Princess was able to be ported to the Wii so easily was because Wii was little more than an overclocked Gamecube with some more RAM. If Nintendo is going to do something about their 3rd party situation, surely they'll go with a completely new CPU architecture. This would make Zelda very troublesome to port. The possibility is there, but I don't think the likelihood is very high.

Nintendo is eager to move on to their next big thing, but they know that they've made a train wreck with the Wii U. They have to stick around, try to clean it up, and at least attempt to make the impression that they're going to do right by the customers who already bought the platform. I don't expect Nintendo to pull a Saturn. The earliest we'll get new hardware is 2017. Nintendo knows their 3rd party support is crap and that they have to carry the Wii U on their own. If they have any sense, they'll have games in the works that we're not aware of.

Those sales numbers are abysmal. If the Wii U doesn't knock Nintendo into action, nothing will.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
Member since 2014 • 322 Posts

They're not moving to mobile. They're using mobile as an additional source of revenue -- they're not going to move franchises over, but they're also not going to ignore the mobile market.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

To quote the great Dennis Green: "They [Nintendo] are who I thought they were," and frankly, they are where I thought they would be as far as the Wii U is concerned. Just because people got way too excited about a Nintendo system getting Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty HD, and Batman doesn't mean that the system itself was destined to be a major success. The numbers don't lie; the system has been a disaster when it comes to established a target audience, and when the very name of the platform symbolizes both inclusiveness (Wii) AND exclusiveness (U), the results we see now should have been expected by more people. Zelda could have came out 2 years ago, and the situation wouldn't be much better today. The Wii U's fate was cemented in the brainstorming phase.

What does it mean about Nintendo's future? Not much, really. The company has gone from the GameCube (previously, Nintendo's worst selling system) to the DS and Wii (the company's two greatest successes) to the 3DS and Wii U (both big steps backwards, with the latter poised to take the "worst selling system" title from the GCN). Nintendo has been too shaky lately to say that it will be heading in one direction or another. That's why I think it's best to just sit on the fence and wait to see what actually materializes. I find myself even taken Iwata's and Miyamoto's comments with a grain of salt these days, as even they seem unsure of themselves and what it is they like to do these days. Just hope for the best while preparing for... otherwise. :P

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

The GameCube almost put Nintendo into bankruptcy? Lmao do some research.

Nintendo was posting profits almost every quarter during the GC generation.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Lol @gamecube almost put Nintendo in bankruptcy Nintendo made profit every year except 2012 lol

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@nini200 said:

As it stand rights now, quite a few big name first party games are available for the Wii U and none have put this console on the map. I'm sure everyone here has read about the rumored SMG 3 for the Wii U this year. That was the latest rumor I read yesterday. Realistically speaking, what could release that will work wonders for this console? Absolutely nothing will accomplish that goal.

Nintendo will continue with the off the wall decisions leaving us to shake our heads.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nini200

@Solaryellow said:

@nini200 said:

As it stand rights now, quite a few big name first party games are available for the Wii U and none have put this console on the map. I'm sure everyone here has read about the rumored SMG 3 for the Wii U this year. That was the latest rumor I read yesterday. Realistically speaking, what could release that will work wonders for this console? Absolutely nothing will accomplish that goal.

Nintendo will continue with the off the wall decisions leaving us to shake our heads.

^ Prime example of the type of fan I was mentioning

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Solaryellow

@nini200 said:

@Solaryellow said:

Man up and tell all of us here what Nintendo can release to breathe life into this system? What franchises need revival that could get the job done? The icons of Nintendo's first party couldn't do it. What will? If you don't know, say it but don't make a blanket statement. Yoshi wont do it. Star Fox wont do it. Splatoon wont do it. Gamers are too jaded when it comes to this company and how it screwed up this console.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nini200

@Solaryellow said:

@nini200 said:

@Solaryellow said:

Man up and tell all of us here what Nintendo can release to breathe life into this system? What franchises need revival that could get the job done? The icons of Nintendo's first party couldn't do it. What will? If you don't know, say it but don't make a blanket statement. Yoshi wont do it. Star Fox wont do it. Splatoon wont do it. Gamers are too jaded when it comes to this company and how it screwed up this console.

^ Exhibit B of the type of fan I was mentioning. Now he feels the need to try to put other franchises down because his favorite one got delayed. Keep it coming

Ryno1179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ryno1179

@nini200 said:

@Solaryellow said:

@nini200 said:

@Solaryellow said:

^ Exhibit B of the type of fan I was mentioning. Now he feels the need to try to put other franchises down because his favorite one got delayed. Keep it coming

He's not putting anything down, he is just stating that as of right now there is not a single Nintendo title that is going to make people go out and buy a Wiiu. That is the reality of the situation, Mario Kart is the biggest title that caters to the fans and the casuals and it failed to push systems. Most people only buy one system a generation, with the Wiiu only costing $50 less then an Xbox One and $100 less then a PS4 but those consoles offer so much more then the Wiiu what do you think they are more inclined to buy? Nintendo should drop the price to around $200 and maybe they will start selling but until then I don't see them moving at all.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nini200

@ryno1179 said:

@nini200 said:

@Solaryellow said:

@nini200 said:

@Solaryellow said:

He's not putting anything down, he is just stating that as of right now there is not a single Nintendo title that is going to make people go out and buy a Wiiu. That is the reality of the situation, Mario Kart is the biggest title that caters to the fans and the casuals and it failed to push systems. Most people only buy one system a generation, with the Wiiu only costing $50 less then an Xbox One and $100 less then a PS4 but those consoles offer so much more then the Wiiu what do you think they are more inclined to buy? Nintendo should drop the price to around $200 and maybe they will start selling but until then I don't see them moving at all.

And there was a need for him to post common sense why? And he was trying to belittle me by saying Man Up. There's nothing here to man up about. Yeah Zelda's a big title but let it rest for a minute. We've already talked about this Ryno. There's no need for us to debate it further.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Solaryellow

@nini200 said:

@Solaryellow said:

You made the claim other franchises need revival before Zelda. Is there a reason you're hesitant and wont reveal which ones? You made the claim. I didn't. If the BIGGEST names Nintendo has to offer did not help this system, what will? There must be a reason you wont answer.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nini200

@Solaryellow said:

@nini200 said:

@Solaryellow said:

You made the claim other franchises need revival before Zelda. Is there a reason you're hesitant and wont reveal which ones? You made the claim. I didn't. If the BIGGEST names Nintendo has to offer did not help this system, what will? There must be a reason you wont answer.

Nope no reason at all. You've already shown that you won't listen and will only try to find ways to put them down anyway so I'm not going to waste my time debating something like this with you. : )

My original debate was with Ryno and we've already come to a conclusion. Have a good one

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Solaryellow

@nini200 said:

@ryno1179 said:

And there was a need for him to post common sense why? And he was trying to belittle me by saying Man Up. There's nothing here to man up about. Yeah Zelda's a big title but let it rest for a minute. We've already talked about this Ryno. There's no need for us to debate it further.

You started by ridiculing someone's opinion on Zelda yet you somehow think your opinion on other franchises (needing revival) deserves more merit. Just like you told him, you too are not the main focus at Nintendo. The company seems lost and without focus and direction.

If you had an answer to the question posed to you, you'd say it. Take off those rose colored glasses because any way you paint it, the Wii U is still in big trouble. Nearly all of the aces have been used and it is still in very poor shape. The competition is doing so well with what little has been made available thus far because they understand the situation much better than our friends in Kyoto.

The excuses are something I am sick and tired of hearing. When the console went into a sales slump after release we were told by the apologists that things would greatly improve when game X was released. We kept hearing the very same thing when each big named game was being released: Pikmin, SMW3D, DK, MK8, SB, Bayonetta, Kirby, etc.., Eventually there comes a time when reality needs to be accepted.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nini200

@Solaryellow said:

@nini200 said:

@ryno1179 said:

You started by ridiculing someone's opinion on Zelda yet you somehow think your opinion on other franchises (needing revival) deserves more merit. Just like you told him, you too are not the main focus at Nintendo. The company seems lost and without focus and direction.

If you had an answer to the question posed to you, you'd say it. Take off those rose colored glasses because any way you paint it, the Wii U is still in big trouble. Nearly all of the aces have been used and it is still in very poor shape. The competition is doing so well with what little has been made available thus far because they understand the situation much better than our friends in Kyoto.

Why are you mad? Me and Ryno already talked and debated and came to an understanding. You're trying to instigate something that's already been resolved. Bye

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Solaryellow

@nini200 said:

Why are you mad? Me and Ryno already talked and debated and came to an understanding. You're trying to instigate something that's already been resolved. Bye

You are unable to defend your position. You believe other franchises should be addressed because you think it will matter more so than another Zelda but none will have the desired effect needed.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@nini200:

@nini200 said:

@ryno1179 said:

You'd better hope they announce a new Metroid, F-Zero, KId Icarus, Fire Emblem, and Ice Climbers this E3, or else that statement makes no sense. People are mad cuz nothing is actually announced, and now Zelda is delayed. The only other games coming out supposedly this year are Xenoblade, Splatoon, Yoshi's Wooly World, and Star Fox. Though I don't believe Star Fox actually will, a game with no gameplay footage doesn't seem likely for this year. I bet it'll get pushed back too. Whatever happened to SMT X FE and Devil's Third? Hardly any info, no release dates.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nini200

@jcrame10 said:

@nini200:

You'd better hope they announce a new Metroid, F-Zero, KId Icarus, Fire Emblem, and Ice Climbers this E3, or else that statement makes no sense. People are mad cuz nothing is actually announced, and now Zelda is delayed. The only other games coming out supposedly this year are Xenoblade, Splatoon, Yoshi's Wooly World, and Star Fox. Though I don't believe Star Fox actually will, a game with no gameplay footage doesn't seem likely for this year. I bet it'll get pushed back too. Whatever happened to SMT X FE and Devil's Third? Hardly any info, no release dates.

Are those game you just mentioned nothing?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By iandizion713

@jcrame10: Nintendo could announce 5 new IPs and 10 great new games for 2015 and people would still hate. You would hear the same thing everyday, why no more CoD, why no GTA, why no Madden, why no MGS, why no FF, why no Street Fighter. Some people are never satisfied with Nintendo games, they just want to hate on Nintendo. I could care less for another Zelda game right now, we already have a bunch this gen.

Funny thing is, i dont even want those 3rd party games, if i did, i would play them on my PC like i already do.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@jcrame10: Nintendo could announce 5 new IPs and 10 great new games for 2015 and people would still hate. You would hear the same thing everyday, why no more CoD, why no GTA, why no Madden, why no MGS, why no FF, why no Street Fighter. Some people are never satisfied with Nintendo games, they just want to hate on Nintendo. I could care less for another Zelda game right now, we already have a bunch this gen.

Funny thing is, i dont even want those 3rd party games, if i did, i would play them on my PC like i already do.

While I thank you for bringing up the numbers on how badly Nintendo is failing you're not facing reality.

People want third party games, they want them on consoles. Nintendo screwed themselves out of third party support. Third parties were ready to work with this this generation but Nintendo decided it was more important to go in their own direction, down.

People are hating Nintendo because they're not delivering quality software for their hardware. A freaking world record, longest period of time with no games for a console. That's just bad business, no wonder people are angry at Nintendo.

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 697 Posts

I have a horrible theory that I hope isn't true.

Maybe it will be the last Wii U exclusive with NX released shortly after. This year has Xenoblade Chronicles X and Star Fox and Nintendo will act like they didn't throw the system away. Maybe Zelda will be out in September or October with a November NX.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By iandizion713

@Jaysonguy: What can i say, people are just haters. They will never be happy with Nintendo.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jcrame10

@nini200: only 4 games, maybe 4 games. and you're happy? while everything else has had many games already this year and its only april

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nini200

@jcrame10 said:

@nini200: only 4 games, maybe 4 games. and you're happy? while everything else has had many games already this year and its only april

You didn't answer the question. Are the games you just mentioned nothing? And nobody said I was happy about the current state of WiiU, where'd you get that from? I'm in no way defending the lack of games on WiiU

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jcrame10

@nini200: no they're not nothing, but that's not really the point. they could all be amazing, but thats still only 4 games for the whole year. i dont see your point, seems like you're trying to justify nintendo sucking.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nini200

@jcrame10 said:

@nini200: no they're not nothing, but that's not really the point. they could all be amazing, but thats still only 4 games for the whole year. i dont see your point, seems like you're trying to justify nintendo sucking.

Nobody's trying to justify Nintendo sucking. My point is that Zelda being delayed does not mean that there is all of a sudden nothing else coming out this year when there are other titles coming out. There has been too much Zelda lately, other titles need to be focused on now. That is my point.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By iandizion713

@jcrame10: How many games do you want Nintendo to create? Maybe 5 games every month? Name a company who creates more games then Nintendo.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jcrame10

@nini200: there's only 4 games coming out. Off the top of my head i can name for PS4: Witcher 3, Bloodborne, The Order 1886, No Man's Sky, Until Dawn, Rainbow Six Siege, Evolve, Dying Light, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Life is Strange, Until Dawn, Rainbow Six Siege, Metal Gear Solid V

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jcrame10

@iandizion713: even breaking those 4 games down i honestly dont care.

Yoshi's Wooly World: I just can't justify spending $60 + tax on a 2D sidescroller.

Splatoon: Seemed kind of cool but turned off by the seemingly lack of game modes and now no voice chat. As a fan of TLoU multiplayer, communication in tactical, team-based shooters is essential to victory. Definitely going to rent this one before I would ever consider buying.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: eh we will see. Maybe it'll be cool, maybe it wont

Star Fox: this game is not coming out this year I swear, and even if it does, and it's just the same Star Fox 64 rail shooter, I won't care. I want it to be exploration, adventure and hand-to-hand combat based as well as arwing combat, kind of like classic Star Fox meets Star Fox Adventures and Zelda

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By nini200

@jcrame10 said:

@nini200: there's only 4 games coming out. Off the top of my head i can name for PS4: Witcher 3, Bloodborne, The Order 1886, No Man's Sky, Until Dawn, Rainbow Six Siege, Evolve, Dying Light, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Life is Strange, Until Dawn, Rainbow Six Siege, Metal Gear Solid V

Ok but are we in SW or are we on the Nintendo board? So lets talk Nintendo games. It seems like you are immediately dismissing the fact that other games are in fact coming out just because Zelda isn't. Does the delay of Zelda make it to where all other Nintendo games don't count? Basically in your mind, is Zelda the only Nintendo game?

@iandizion713 said:

@jcrame10: How many games do you want Nintendo to create? Maybe 5 games every month? Name a company who creates more games then Nintendo.

I don't think these Zelda fans understand this. I guess if they aren't making Zelda, they may as well not make anything according to how some of these people are acting about this. Nintendo has a bunch of other games that they should bring back. Zelda is not the only franchise that Nintendo has.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jcrame10

@nini200: they're NOT doing anything else. 4 games. announced. thats it. why are you talking about franchises that dont even have games out.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By iandizion713

@nini200: I agree on both your points. I enjoy how Nintendo paces out their game releases and i cant wait for E3 to see what all is coming in 2015.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jcrame10

@iandizion713: yeah it wouldnt be bad if other publishers and developers were filling in the gap

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nini200

@jcrame10 said:

@nini200: they're NOT doing anything else. 4 games. announced. thats it. why are you talking about franchises that dont even have games out.

They're not doing anything else that we know of. None of us know what they are doing so that's a blind assumption. And it's besides my point. The point I made was that there has been too much Zelda lately. Other games should get the focus now.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nini200

@iandizion713 said:

@nini200: I agree on both your points. I enjoy how Nintendo paces out their game releases and i cant wait for E3 to see what all is coming in 2015.

Agreed. E3 is going to be very interesting this year because Nintendo will have to show some other games

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jcrame10

@nini200: you're crazy if you think they're going to suddenly announce a bunch of games at E3 for the first time, and then release them later in the summer or fall. it doesnt work that way