3DS Info Thread (e-Shop releases, Games, Pics and Vids!) *Last Updated: SEP 22

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Kirbside (314 posts) -

Wait I thought RE: R was survival horror :P

#102 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -

Wait I thought RE: R was survival horror :P

Kirbside

Allegedly it is. :P

Being broad with the genre headings allows for more space and info in the thread though, and it does loosely fit the description of action.

#103 Posted by pacific90 (644 posts) -

Looks like I might get my wish about Pokemon R/B/Y coming to the eshop.

According to the Nintendo 3ds blog, Pokemon Co. will announce something in December. And before then like October for Pokemon's birthday we could see a Pokemon game come to the eshop.

Me thinks trading with friends will occur using the infrared port, and also they will have it if you have R/B or B/Y or R/Y that you can trade on your own system.

Now, regarding adding a large inventory, that is tampering with the game which is not doable unless you re-made the game. Now, you can add stuff to the game using new Nintendo technology to update an old game like adding multiplayer using the VC menu because it's just enabling already built in features so that your 3DS re-enacts the original system. And let's not forget is why eshop games are so cheap because they are ports or cheaply made. A re-make is more costly because you re-"make". Versus taking some old and giving it to us with features that work around a system. Theoretically speaking, using the VC you could be able to trade with anyone online on R/B/Y because I think you can convert an internet wave into translating into the game boy link signal. But of course, it's a theory and has not been proven yet as no games using the infrared port have come out.

And on another side note, Pokemon and I are almost the same age and we share a birthday month.

#104 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

@pacific90

That would be good news, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they show. This year seems like it's been full of surprises, good and bad, I hope these are some good ones.

And I know it's a bit early to say this but I'll say it anyway, Happy Birthday! :D

My nephew's Birthday is also next month.

#105 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6005 posts) -
^ I just saw the commercial you put in your sig and I have to say it was very... distressing... Nothing new since Monday? I'm hearing rumors that 4 Swords is available on the US eShop. I can't check for myself, but you might want to take a look.
#106 Posted by Kirbside (314 posts) -
4 Swords is available, I've DLed it and already played some of it.
#107 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

@El_Zo1212o

Yeah it's a weird commercial, I like the full version in my sig better than the shortened ones I've seen on TV... but it's not for everyone, my sister hates the commercial. :lol:

It's been a little slow on news this week but that'll change tomorrow, when the e-Shop gets it's weekly releases.

@Kirbside

Yep, I downloaded it a few hours ago but I've only named my file so far... I'll start the adventure soon though. :P

I really didn't think they'd release it on the 28th outside of Japan, since it's only a day before the weekly thursday e-Shop update.

#108 Posted by Kirbside (314 posts) -

@JollyGreenOne

They did the same thing for the Ambassador games. Now I just want them to release the GBA games. I bought my system after price drop, so I have to wait till these games good public to get them.

#109 Posted by pacific90 (644 posts) -

funny commercial

#110 Posted by Epak_ (6764 posts) -

Nintendo has put some game trailers in the eShop from that Nintendo Conference. Is this old news? They're up in Europe at least.

#111 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated!~

This week's e-Shop update has been added to the original post

2 games added: CRUSH3D and Rayman: Origins

New video added to: Shinobi 3D (Japanese trailer)

What do you think of the e-Shop releases this week?

Feel free to comment about any of the games, impressions, screens and videos that you've seen in the thread! I'd be more than happy to add more information to any of these games if you know about something I overlooked, also feel free to point out broken images and links and I'll try to fix them if possible.

Know about an UNRELEASED retail game that I may have overlooked? I'd be happy to add it, if there is enough information or pics of it.

@pacific90

I'm glad ya like it.

@Epak_

I looked in the (US) e-Shop and they weren't there, but after looking around it seems they were supposed to be there, so I added them as part of the e-Shop releases anyway. Hopefully they'll get put up soon!

#112 Posted by pacific90 (644 posts) -

And thank you for the early b-day greeting. :)

Yes we will have to wait and see what happens in November and December.

#113 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
New information on Harvest moon 3DS, you can customize you character and your house. Also, a new game for the 3DS called Dragon Marked For Death don't know if you've posted it. http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/05/marvelous-has-another-online-game-for-nintendo-3ds-in-development/
#114 Posted by Kirbside (314 posts) -

Another game is King of Pirates byKeiji Inafune the trailer looks amazing. Below is the lin to a trailer for the game.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cobanermani456#p/u/0/NqbUvYZRQas

#115 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Minor Update~

Added 2 trailers: Bravely Default: FF (Dungeon & Bar Gameplay) and Shinobi 3D (''New Champion'' trailer)

~Other news~

Tetris Axis is now available at retail for $29.99, you can visit the Official website by clicking the picture below.

About Tetris Axis:

- Published by Nintendo and developed by Hudson Soft
- Over 20 Tetris game modes
- Featured Game Modes: Marathon, Computer Battle, Fever, and Survival Party Game Modes: Stage Racer Plus, Shadow Wide, Jigsaw, Tower Climber, Capture, Fit, Bombliss, Sprint, and Master Mode
- Augmented Reality Game Modes: AR Marathon and AR Climber
- Local Multiplayer Game Modes (2P–8P): VS Battle, VS Stage Racer, VS Shadow Wide, VS Capture, and Co‐op Tower Climber
- Download Play Game Modes (2P–8P): Marathon with Everyone, Fever with Everyone, and VS Battle
- Nintendo┬« Wi-Fi Connection Game Modes (2P–8P): 4 variants of World Battle
- Discover new Items for Fever using SpotPass

@ShuichiChamp24

I just saw the news about that new Harvest Moon today, I'll probably add it into the thread after HM: The Tale of Two Towns releases this month.

And Dragon Marked for Death sounds very interesting, but there isn't enough info, pictures or videos of it yet. I'll try to keep an eye on it though, hopefully they'll release more information soon. I haven't seen any topics about it yet, maybe you could make one so more people know about the title? :)

@Kirbside

I also saw that trailer today, and I agree it looks pretty awesome. I'll likely add it into the thread during the weekly e-Shop/DSi-ware update.

#116 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
I will try to do it later today after work if it hasn't been done. Also, Rune Factory 4 shall be great.
#117 Posted by Kirbside (314 posts) -

So how long after they are released are you going to remove games, when newer games are announced? Either way it doesn't matter just wondering for future use

#118 Posted by catfishmoon23 (5197 posts) -
#119 Posted by blackace (20031 posts) -

Did Nintendo release the other FREE Gameboy games for our 3DS? I've already downloaded the first 10 games, which is awesome, but now I'm interested in the other 10 games which was support to be out this month I thought.

#120 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated~
*I meant to make this post on the 6th but I got interrupted, so sorry for the late post*

This Week's e-Shop update has been added to the original post

Added 3DS Hardware details: Ice White 3DS color (Currently Japan only)

Added Game: King of Pirates

Added Hands-on Impressions: Super Mario 3D Land Hands-on from GameSpot (Oct 6) and Gamesradar (Oct 6)

Feel free to comment about any of the games, impressions, screens and videos that you've seen in the thread! I'd be more than happy to add more information to any of these games if you know about something I overlooked, also feel free to point out broken images and links and I'll try to fix them if possible.

Know about an UNRELEASED retail game that I may have overlooked? I'd be happy to add it, if there is enough information or pics of it.

~Other News~

Super Mario 3D Land now has it's own website: http://supermario3dland.nintendo.com/

Another Super Mario 3D Land Power-up Suit has been revealed, CLICK HERE if you want to check it out.

Resident Evil Revelations now has a US release date set for February 7th, and those who pre-order the game from GameStop will receive a Resident Evil Revelations-branded 3DS case with a design that changes in sunlight:

Level-5's is hosting an event called "Level-5 World" and a Press Conference called "Level-5 Vision" this month, October 15th to October 16th. There they will show new gameplay and trailers for games like Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney, Fantasy Life, Time Travelers, etc. If you'd like to watch it live the company will have a live stream of both events on it's website: http://www.level5-world.jp/event.html

@Kirbside

I'll probably remove a game the same week it releases, but I'll put most of it's information in ~Other News~ the week it comes out, like I did with Tetris Axis.

@catfishmoon23

Thank you for the heads up, I watched some videos of the PC version and there was a lot of tricky platforming in it, like cIassic games from years ago. I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.

#121 Posted by ChibiXRiku (213 posts) -
If I didn't hate shooting games I would so get that case.
#122 Posted by Flame3DS (61 posts) -

I have to see the case heads-up b4 I would purchase it.

#123 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
RE Revalations has two player co op and a street pass feature. It also comes in a 4GB 3DS cartridge, RE four was 3GB I think. Guild 01 also looks cool, from what I know it's four games in one.
#124 Posted by Kirbside (314 posts) -

Well it is thursday, and we all know what happens on a Wednsday.

Games: Catrap, Furry Legends, and 1001 BlockBusters

Videos: Furry Legends, 1001 BlockBuster, Shinobi, Ace Combat, Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, & Pac-Man Party 3D.

That appears to be it, as for the recent Arrivals section says.

#125 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated~

This week's e-Shop releases have been added to the original post

Added new video to: Nano Assault (Action Gameplay trailer)

Details added to: Resident Evil: Revelations

Feel free to comment about any of the games, information, pictures and videos that you've seen in the thread! I'd be more than happy to add more information to any of these games if you know about something I overlooked, also feel free to point out broken images and links and I'll try to fix them if possible.

~Other News~

Nano Assault now has a release date set for November 22nd and an Official website with new pictures and a brand new trailer! Click the link to check it out: http://www.nanoassaultgame.com/

There is a 3DS SpotPass Message from The Legend of Zelda's Producer, Eiji Aonuma currently being sent to 3DS owners about TLoZ: Four Swords. He also re-comfirms Skyward Sword's November 20th release date.

Double Dragon (Gameboy) will be coming to the e-Shop October 20th

Resident Evil: Revelations has a nice looking black box/cover in japan:

It seems that Super Mario 3D Land will have some orchestrated tracks: http://3dstribe.com/news/super-mario-3d-land-orchestral-music/

Sega has given it's action adventure music mash-up, Rhythm Theif, a new boxart:

Namco Bandai recently gave Tales of The Abyss a release date set for February 14th, 2012 in North America. Europe will be playing it November 25th of this year.

Square Enix's Heroes of Ruin will be adventuring to retail Spring 2012

@blackace - *Sorry for this late reply*

Nintendo hasn't put out the 10 free GBA games yet, but the original press release said that the games would be out before the end of the year. If I'm remembering correctly.

@ShuichiChamp24

That's great news about RE:R Online and Local co-op, I hope even more 3DS games have those options in the future. And I agree that Guild 01 sounds cool, but right now I'm not totally sure how likely it is that it'll be released outside of Japan. It's being made by Level-5 with other devlopers like Suda 51, right?

@Kirbside

All of those games have now been added to the main post with information and pics of each one. :D

#126 Posted by pacific90 (644 posts) -

A Pokemon RPG similar to XD and Colloseum is coming out sometime next year. Rumored to be announced in December:

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/pokemon-heading-to-the-3ds

There's even images.

#127 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -

A Pokemon RPG similar to XD and Colloseum is coming out sometime next year. Rumored to be announced in December:

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/pokemon-heading-to-the-3ds

There's even images.

pacific90

It's a fake.

#128 Posted by AxMxH (62 posts) -

If I am not mistaken Even Monster Hunter games on PsP got no online mode , its just local wireless , people making servers with PC and going online with it , its not offical servers .
So its same with 3ds soon we will see people making hosting servers and likeing thier 3ds with pc and bam bam Dragons ^^, Peace !

#129 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated~

This week's e-Shop releases have been added to the original post

Added videos to: Super Mario 3D Land (Reveal trailer, Brand New Adventure trailer, New power-up and StreetPass features) and Bravely Defualt: Flying Fairy (Brief look at a town - Day and Night)

Added info to: Super Maio 3D Land (- Includes StreetPass support, which lets players exchange "Mystery Boxes" with each other)

Feel free to comment about any of the games, information, pictures and videos that you've seen in the thread! I'd be more than happy to add more information to any of these games if you know about something I overlooked, also feel free to point out broken images and links and I'll try to fix them if possible.

~Other news~

Spiderman: Edge of Time for 3DS finally has an official trailer and it looks quite nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUv-BurSQ_4

2 new pieces of concept art for Bravely Defualt were released reccently:

If you want to see the other piece of art just click the link: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/18/bravely-default-flying-fairy

The 3DS version of Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns now has a November 1st release date.

The developers of Heroes of Ruin have put out some great new 3D screenshots of the game: http://www.heroesofruin.com/news/poll9_results
to view the pictures in 3D, go to the link on your 3DS's browser and then tap on the one you want!

And lastly, here are the new 3DS trailers that came out of Level-5's event last week:

Fantasy Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGpqgjCN5uM

Time Travelers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO7ulqajzhM

Guild 01: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZykVVoM_YYE

Girls RGP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNmqMzmI4aY

#130 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
record 3D video for up to 10 minutes do interval recording and many other options allows for stop-motion animation Find Mii getting new map update firmware adds ability to transfer 3DS software to other 3DS units basic eShop improvements Mario Kart 7 installs a Mario Kart Channel get ghosts from other 3DS players via StreetPass select a person's data from the Mario Kart Channel and race them online 8 player online, 60 FPS community features added, allowing you to create your own community daily downloads for ghost data via SpotPass as well new samurai game announced Thruspace getting an eShop version Itsuno ma ni Koukan Nikki is a tool for exchanging photos and other things with other players, due out this Dec. for free Lost Heroes, an RPG featuring Gundam, Ultraman, Kamen Rider and more 3000 people will win one of those special Mario-themed 3DS' everyone that takes part in the campaign (???) gets 3D Classics: Kid Icarus for free 3D Classics: Kid Icarus will also eventually be offered as a paid download
#131 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
That's from the conference, MHTri G also has a G mission Jho and Jhen which looked awesome.. Im also pretty sure there were 5 hunters at a time too. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nintendo_direct/index.html#m10 Shows the trailers that were shown. If you look at MHTri G, it does show five hunters twice. One at 2:00 and again at around 2:20. More MHTriG, shows an HUDless top screen and what you can do to the bottom screen. Dont know If you already have it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqg0FuyBGYU
#132 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
3D Classics Kirby's Adventure. : one of the best games for the NES returns as part of the 3D Classics series. You see Dreamland for the first time come to life in stunning 3D graphics. Available from November 17, 2011 Pullblox : a unique blend of puzzle and platform elements, which blocks you need to move one step towards your goal form. There are over 250 levels to your brain and skill to the test set. You can also design your own puzzles and share with other players. Available from December 2011 Nintendo Mailbox: exchange messages with friends and pass through street Spot Pass. You can even create your own 3D photo and voice recordings along with their messages. Freely available from December 2011. Dillon's Western Rolling :role of a cowboy armadillo on your enemies. Strategy and action come together in a Wild West adventure like you never seen before. Comes in the first quarter of 2012 available. More. Information
#133 Posted by Kirbside (314 posts) -

Hey Jolly, don't forget that Heroes of Ruin has put out a new trailer. Also the new Thursday update. Though I did not look there seemed to be new screens and a new vid for Jaws: UP.

#134 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated~

This week's e-Shop releases have been added to the original post.

I've also put box art at the top of each game banner, for the games that had them.

I've added all the new Mario Kart 7 details and videos from Nintendo's recent conference, and incase anyone missed that event or want to see all the information from that event in one place, I made a thread for it a few days ago: Nintendo Direct Conference Thread

The original post now has more details about the November Firmware update (It links to the thread mentioned above) and future e-Shop updates.

New Details and a new 6 minute Gameplay Walkthrough have been added to the Heroes of Ruin section.

A new trailer has been added to the Jaws Ultimate Predator section (The Terror Resurfaces trailer).

And Shinobi 3D has a new 12 minute gameplay video from NY Comic-Con.

What does everyone think of all this new box art?

~Other News~

Sega confirmes the release dates for 4 of their 3DS games:

Shinobi 3D

NA: Nov. 15th
EU: Nov. 11th

Sonic Generations (3DS)

NA: Nov. 22nd
EU: Nov. 25th

CRUSH 3D

NA: Jan. 10th
EU: Jan. 13th

Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games

NA: Feb. 14th
EU: Feb. 10th

Namco Bandai are having talks with Level-5 about publishing their games in other regions.

Capcom recently put out some pretty cool art for Monster Hunter Tri G:

More MH3G art can be found there >>: http://www.4gamer.net/games/140/G014005/20111028027/

And some new screenshots were released of the 3DS and Wii versions of Jaws Ultimate Predator (3DS Pics show the bottom and top screens): http://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/sets/72157627991923440/

@ShuichiChamp24

Thanks for posting all those details, I made a thread with all that information from Nintendo's presentation since most of it wouldn't fit here.

Here's a link to check it out: Nintendo Direct Conference Thread

@Kirbside

That's great news! I added that video to the Heroes of Ruin section, and there are also some new details about the game there, just click the "NEW DETAILS" link.

I also found that new Jaws trailer and it's been added.

#135 Posted by Nightowl99 (756 posts) -

I was just wondering, is the E-Shop getting any RPG's in any time soon? I've only seen a couple and they didn't look like they'd be much good except for the two Zelda games they have, but they really don't count as an RPG and I got them already. It seems like it's mostly just old platformers, puzzle, and casino games.

#136 Posted by butsnake1314 (59 posts) -

wow so many great 3ds games coming out in 2012 except super mario land 3d and mario kart7 which are coming out 2011.its so cool how now they added community games like they could customize what iteams you could use.they should let people create there own maps like in team fortress2 where the tf2 community makes there own maps and they are very nice maps in the game.

#137 Posted by butsnake1314 (59 posts) -

wow so many great 3ds games coming out in 2012 except super mario land 3d and mario kart7 which are coming out 2011.its so cool how now they added community games like they could customize what iteams you could use.they should let people create there own maps like in team fortress2 where the tf2 community makes there own maps and they are very nice maps in the game.

#138 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

@Nightowl99

A game that comes to mind right now is "Dillon's Rolling Western", which looks to combine tower defence and actionRPG nicely.

Gameplay trailer >: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZuG62jLRXk

It's set to release on the e-Shop in north america and europe early next year.

And there's also a new e-Shop game that was just announced a few weeks ago called "Nimble Sakura Warrior", it looks like an action adventure with RPG elements.

Gameplay trailer >: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LalsCUx1vis

The only release date this game has right now is 2012 in Japan, but it seems like a game that will come to other regions.

@butsnake1314

I agree, I think there's a lot to look forward too. It's going to be a busy time for 3DS this holiday and next year.

#139 Posted by Nightowl99 (756 posts) -

@Nightowl99

A game that comes to mind right now is "Dillon's Rolling Western", which looks to combine tower defence and actionRPG nicely.

Gameplay trailer >: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZuG62jLRXk

It's set to release on the e-Shop in north america and europe early next year.

And there's also a new e-Shop game that was just announced a few weeks ago called "Nimble Sakura Warrior", it looks like an action adventure with RPG elements.

Gameplay trailer >: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LalsCUx1vis

The only release date this game has right now is 2012 in Japan, but it seems like a game that will come to other regions.

@butsnake1314

I agree, I think there's a lot to look forward too. It's going to be a busy time for 3DS this holiday and next year.

JollyGreenOne

Meh. they didn't look all that great either. *sighs*, Guess I'll just have to wait for Paper Mario or Tales of the Abyss. I'm hoping they come out with a new Final Fantasy that's story based, but I haven't heard anything but rumors about that. It's been kind of a slow year for JRPG'S.

#140 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
Got this from a friend. It's part of the November update, with Super Mario 3D Land. And here is what other user found in some Japanese blog. http://ameblo.jp/watamario/entry-11065591385.html ・「プレイ中のソフトに参加する」というボタンが下画面の上部に表示されている ・左右どちらか押しっぱなしで高速スクロール ・オンラインになっている人が自動的に前の方(自分のMii側)に来る - "Join the playing software" button in the bottom screen - Quick scrolling through friend list when long pressing Left or Right (analog or digital) - Friends that online will move to the front of queue automatically
#141 Posted by pacific90 (644 posts) -

Lol so my list of games in order of likeness

1) Heroes of Ruin (DLC, online co-op, voice chat, 80,000 items, Diablo style freeworld, map randomization)

The game that will never get old

2) Super Mario 3D Land

3) Animal Crossing 3DS (another never-ending game)

4) Mario Kart 7

5) Luigi's Mansion 2

6) Paper Mario 3D

7) Monster Tri G

#142 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated~

I've added new screenshots, details and a new video to Beyond The Labyrinth's section.

I also added some new pictures to Nano Assault's section.

~Other News~

Legend of Zelda producer, Eiji Aonuma, has confirmed a new 3DS Zelda is in development:

"We are already preparing a new game, a game in the series for the Nintendo 3DS, but don't think that it is a direct sequel to the Zelda titles released on DS. We are talking about a new game, but it takes much of what has been done on previous consoles."

They were also thinking about remaking Majora's Mask but decided to start developing an original Zelda for 3DS:

"It's something I'm asked about often and I assure you that it is something I've spoken to Miyamoto about. But recently we released The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D as a remake. We are considering the idea, but it didn't seem right to launch a remake one after another, so the next Zelda game on 3DS will be original."

Read the full story there >: http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1211631p1.html

In Japan Beyond The Labyrinth will be getting 2 special editions, one of the "Special versions" includes a Beyond the Labyrinth 2012 AR Calendar which is compatible with the game's AR functionality, this version will also include an original Beyond the Labyrinth cleaning cloth as a bonus. The 2nd special edition is a Complete Set that includes a 25 track soundtrack from composer Motoi Sakuraba and also includes a cleaning cloth and a poster. (The cleaning cloth will likely be use to clean the drool from your mouth after getting a look at the game in person. :P)

Amazon Germany is giving out a Mario Kart 7 "3DS case/holder" when you pre-order the game:

A recent Nintendo Power magazine has confirmed that Sonic Generations 3DS will have some levels based on the Sonic Colors stages called "Tropical Resort".

QubicGames has started development on a WiFi-enabled sequel to their DsiWare game AiRace, this one will be an e-Shop title called AiRace: SPE3D and include online multiplayer. They're aiming for a late 2012 release.

Here's some Monster Hunter Tri G art:

More there >: http://www.4gamer.net/games/140/G014005/20111031052/

And for those that bought Pyramids, the developers have put some free levels for the game on their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/EnjoyGaming
(Just scan those QR Codes using the game)

Super Mario 3D Land is out now in Japan, and the game had a small firmware update within (Not the full one coming later this month) that makes modifications to the console's ability to play "certain carts", in addition to that it also updated the 3DS' friend list with a button which will now allow you to join a friend's game in progress. It also tweaked the 3DS' friend list so that any of your friends that are/were online will move to the head of your list.

@ShuichiChamp24

Thanks, I almost missed that news. :)

#143 Posted by mikeyMKII (754 posts) -

Smart move on the Zelda situation. Looking forward to hear more about the new title.

#144 Posted by Nightowl99 (756 posts) -

Friggin sweet!!! Not only are we getting Majora's Mask, but an original game as well. I can deal with that. The only question is, how long will we have to wait? The good games are taking forever to come out.

#145 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4667 posts) -

Oh White Lagiacrus, I want to hunt you so bad. @___@

MH3G-Lagiacrus Subspecies.png

Give me your carves.

#146 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6005 posts) -
JGO strikes again! Not only are we getting a new, original Zelda, but it looks like their dispensing with the ridiculous transportation nonsense from the DS games.
#147 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/11/gaze_at_this_beautiful_limited_edition_zelda_3ds_console My oh my, I want it.
#148 Posted by ii20JcM05ii (394 posts) -

Mario 3D Land NYC Time Square EARLY Launch Event THIS SATERDAY! "Time Square will be turned into the Mushroom Kingdom"!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=287935177897069

#149 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated~

I also added a minor battle mode detail to Mario Kart 7's section. (I'll add more MK7 Battle Mode info after SM3DL launches)

Harvest Moon: TToTT and Cave Story 3D are out now, that means their sections have been removed from the main posts, but all their info is below.

~Other News~

The rumor mill has been strong this month, with the most recent rumor being that Nintendo is going to unlock more of the 3DS' CPU (Central Processing Unit), making it more powerful than it is currently. This extra power would be coming from what has previously been relegated to the frontend of the system, but now developers will be able to use it for about 25% more power.

And GoNintendo was recently contacted by their "Inside source" with more details (but this is still all rumor for now):

• Firmware update with Super Mario 3D Land unlocks this extra power for devs
  • Devs won't get access to the RAM reserved for the OS
  • Only allowed to use the other core in a partial fashion
  • If you (a developer) use that option, it has some detrimental impact on the wireless options

This isn't too crazy for a rumor as sony did something very similar with their PSP system.

North American copies of Super Mario 3D Land come with a minor firmware update (the same one that Japan got early this month) that makes modifications to the console's ability to play "certain carts", in addition to that it also updated the 3DS' friend list with a button which will now allow you to join a friend's game in progress. It also tweaks the 3DS' friend list so that friends that are online move to the front of your list.

Here is a picture of the Tanooki Keychain that you get for pre-ordering SM3DL from GameStop:

(I originally thought it was going to be a little plastic figurine, but it look like it's made out of metal.)

Here are two Super Mario 3D Land North American Commercials:
#1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC5r0OlSXcI

#2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Z7g2xasl4
(I love the World 1-1 remix song that they're playing in the background.)

Super Mario 3D Land releases very soon, and to go along with that here is it's "Launch Trailer":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBcyhoy0LZ0
(Mario's moves are looking as smooth as ever.)

"Super Mario 3D Land will have a NYC Time Square EARLY Launch Event this saturday, and Time Square will be turned into the Mushroom Kingdom!"

We hope you join us in celebrating his newest adventure by attending the launch at Military Island in Times Square (Broadway and 7th Avenue between 43rd and 44th Streets)!

Watch as our Founder, Jordan White, embarrass himself in public while he wears the now infamous Tanooki suit! We raffle off various Mario-themed prizes by a recreation of the Select a Chest Mini-Game from Super Mario Brother 3 for all who purchase the game! Be on your toes, the contest and prizes are NOT at all what they seem!

Nintendo will also be inviting people to play inside Mario's 3D world with life size warp pipes, trampoline coin jumps and a flag pole finale! Also included will be a performance from a mass group of Nintendo characters at the start of the event, a set of exclusive Tanooki ears and tails rewarded to fans onsite throughout the event (available while supplies last), a "Mushroom Kingdom" Pizza truck nearby offering free mushroom pizza slices to the first 1,000 consumers onsite that tweet using the #SuperMario3D hashtag.

Plus other surprises we can't even talk about!

Additionally, in advance of its official Nov. 13 release date, Nintendo is rewarding its biggest fans in attendance with an exclusive limited early sale of the game at Toys "R" Us located in Times Square on Nov. 12.

StreetPass_NYC

(Thanks for the heads up, @ii20JcM05ii)

In part of a gamesradar interview with Skyward Sword Producer Eiji Aonuma he talks about how Miyamoto still wants to make a 3D version of TLoZ: A Link to the Past: "Well actually, even Mr. Miyamoto himself has been talking recently about going back to the 2D Zelda games," he said, "in particular the ones that were designed with multiple levels to the world like A Link to the Past, and taking those 2D graphics and recreating them in 3D so that you could get a sense for the depth of those worlds. That's something that might be interesting to do, so I would say there might be a possibility of something like that in the future." - Eiji Aonuma

Europe is getting a limited edition Zelda 3DS that comes out November 25th and includes a copy of OoT 3D:

(Thanks for the heads up, @ShuichiChamp24)

And as a bonus (just because it's awesome) here is TLoZ: Skyward Sword's North American Commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_j-5Um_Ha8
(It's great to see that Nintendo is making good ads)

The first footage of 3D CIassics: Kirby's Adventure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UubgXLPllYA

Japanese Commercial for Sonic Generations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7D4nmR8ty8

~Now At Retail~

Harvest Moon 3D: The Tale of Two Towns

INFO:

- Brand new cast of characters with a few exceptions: Pierre, Nathan, Alisa, the Harvest Goddess, Dirk and the Ucho brothers all return from the DS Harvest Moon games
- You can choose between two villages, Konohana (Japanese-$tyle, specialized in crops) and Bluebell (European-$tyle, specialized in animals)
- You can move to the other village at the end of each season
- New animals like Alpacas and Honey Bees
- A pet owl that can also help you fly
- Utilize a waterwheel that can help make pickled cabbages and turnips
- Brand new way of triggering heart events, related to a new courtship ritual - asking out on a date
- There is a new quest system
- Plant Crops under the Goddess' Spring for your friends to harvest and sell over Wifi
- utilizes the system's Street Pass function to let players trade items
- The graphics for the 3DS version have been redone to take advantage of the 3DS' higher resolution and expanded color palette
- The game's graphics have a papercraft effect to it
- You can also jump now

PICS:

More Pics

VIDS:

Gameplay trailer

Cave Story 3D

INFO:

- Cave Story 3D is a combination of high-speed shooting action scenes with heavy emphasis on platforming, exploration, light puzzle solving as well as a deep story driven adventure
- Danny Baranowsky apparently doing some of the music in Cave Story 3D. Notable for his work on Super Meat Boy
- Wind Fortress is likely to be in the game
- Cave Story controls: X/B to jump, Y/A to shoot
- brand new 3D environments and character models
- 2D sprite mode will replace those 3D character models with sprites from the original game created by Daisuke Amaya for the PC in 2004

PICS:

More Pics

VIDS:

(Youtube) Missile Mayhem - Gameplay trailer
(Youtube)(Off-screen) NISA Press Event Gameplay Footage
(Youtube) Teaser trailer

#150 Posted by Nightowl99 (756 posts) -

Cave Story doesn't look too bad. Kind of reminds me of Little Big Planet from the way it looks. Might be worth a try, but I'll wait and see what kind of reviews it gets first.