Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#202 Thordain0011
Member since 2006 • 1416 Posts

Donte Stallworth hits and kills pedestrian Saturday morning

So sad.

wallymartin

Its awful to see stuff like this, at least Stallworth wasn't trying to run him down.

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 Ryder004
Member since 2007 • 4371 Posts

Donte Stallworth hits and kills pedestrian Saturday morning

So sad.

wallymartin

just hope stallworth wasnt under the influance. and yes it is sad

Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#204 Blazer88
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts
[QUOTE="Blazer88"]

Albert Haynesworth indicted on two traffic charges. The state of Tennessee has decided to fine him 100 million dollars for it............nah not really but wouldn't that be funny.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9326570/Haynesworth-indicted-on-two-traffic-charges?MSNHPHMA

kalabo10688

OMG,you just got the biggest contract for none QB and get into this already...just wow

It happened before the new contract. The legal system is slow and when your rich and famous you have far more pull to postpone these things, like till after the season is over.

mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#205 mvphalo8
Member since 2005 • 10748 Posts
Sad situation involving Stallworth and that pedestrian. :(
Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Blazer88

WR Joey Galloway has signed with Patriots. I would suspect he might be the one they might out in thier third string reciever spot rather than Greg Lewis who I think they aquired more for special teams. But it all remains to be seen.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/14/galloway-to-patriots/

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Ryder004

^^

hope he has a good year

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

I wonder who Holt will sign with. Philly?

Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Blazer88

Ngamer05

I think that's possible, any team that he thinks has a chance of going somewhere would seem to be an options as one the reeason he supposively wanted to leave the Rams is that he was tired of losing and didn't want to go through yet another attmpt pf a team rebuild.

favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#210 favre4thewin
Member since 2008 • 693 Posts

Ngamer05

If I had to guess I would say Minnesota, Carolina or Chicago and maybe the possibility of Tennessee, but that goes against their M.O.  Minnesota because they have money and would like a veteran WR after losing out on the bid for Housh.  Carolina because they could use a solid #2, there running game and Steve Smith would probably mean that Holt never sees a double team ever again.  Holt was born and went to college in NC.  It resemble the selection that Housh made to go back to the pacific northwest.  Chicago because they need WR's period and they have money.  

Carolina seems unlikely after having to reach an aggreement with both Peppers and Gross, but you never know they might be able to work something out.  Coming home and winning might be an enticing offer for 1 year.

mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 mvphalo8
Well before, T. Holt said he would like to play for Carolina because his brother was playing there, but then the team released him last year. :lol:
Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Blazer88

These teams could be lying but apparently the Panthers, Giants, Jets and Vikings aren't considering Holt, according to reports.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/14/not-much-buzz-for-former-rams-wr-holt/

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Ngamer05

These teams could be lying but apparently the Panthers, Giants, Jets and Vikings aren't considering Holt, according to reports.

Blazer88

Doesn't surprise me that Carolina has "said" they're not interested as they're VERY tight on payroll, especially with putting the franchise tag on Peppers.

favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 favre4thewin
[QUOTE="Blazer88"]

Ngamer05

Doesn't surprise me that Carolina has "said" they're not interested as they're VERY tight on payroll, especially with putting the franchise tag on Peppers.

The only one that supprises me is MN.  I would have thought after losing out on Housh that they would give Holt a try for a year or two.  Maybe they figure he's doesn't have anything left in the tank. 

The Panthers offseason is basically resigning Gross and tagging Peppers.  Their probably lucky they don't have a first rounder this year.

haloraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 haloraider
Member since 2006 • 3110 Posts

Raiders sign Jags OT Khalif Barnes.

Is he any good, Shiro?

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Ryder004

Raiders sign Jags OT Khalif Barnes.

Is he any good, Shiro?

haloraider

better than what the raiders currently have on both sides

Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Blazer88
[QUOTE="Blazer88"]

Ngamer05

Well I should rephrase what I said as it is not likely the teams in question are lying because there would be no point in do that.

As for Carolina's predicament with Peppers I am not sure what is going there but I would suspect there has been talks that maybe won't come to light until maybe the draft. But who knows maybe Carolina will just have to eat that high cost this year. I mean people want the guy but by franchising him Carolina made it just that much harder for him to be dealt.

favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 favre4thewin
[QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="Blazer88"]

Blazer88

Well I should rephrase what I said as it is not likely the teams in question are lying because there would be no point in do that.

As for Carolina's predicament with Peppers I am not sure what is going there but I would suspect there has been talks that maybe won't come to light until maybe the draft. But who knows maybe Carolina will just have to eat that high cost this year. I mean people want the guy but by franchising him Carolina made it just that much harder for him to be dealt.

Yeah but, if Carolina lets him become a free agent then they get nothing for him.  I think what they will want will be similar to what KC got for Jared Allen.  If I remember correctly it was a 1st and a 3rd.  I don't think its so much the $14M he is going to make this year as much as what the long term cost would be of his contract.  I would assume he would desire something similar to Haynesworths deal.

I know he had interest in playing for a 3-4 team.  I remember he mentioned a list of 4 teams, only naming Dallas, but that seems highly unlikely due to cap restraints and dallas trading its 1st and 3rd for Roy Williams.

Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Blazer88
[QUOTE="Blazer88"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="Blazer88"]

favre4thewin

Yeah but, if Carolina lets him become a free agent then they get nothing for him. I think what they will want will be similar to what KC got for Jared Allen. If I remember correctly it was a 1st and a 3rd. I don't think its so much the $14M he is going to make this year as much as what the long term cost would be of his contract. I would assume he would desire something similar to Haynesworths deal.

I know he had interest in playing for a 3-4 team. I remember he mentioned a list of 4 teams, only naming Dallas, but that seems highly unlikely due to cap restraints and dallas trading its 1st and 3rd for Roy Williams.

Yeah I know but unless you get a trade almost no team is ever going to give up 2 1st rounders,...ever. Also because they franchised him a team that is interested has to have enough room in thier cap to take over that contract. Those contracts are based on what the top 5 players for his position in league are making. Sometimes when a trade is made teams make agreement that the player most renegotiate which of course would make the cap hit better but in other cases, like with Matt Cassel to the Chiefs, they just took it as is.

Also does anyone know if Pepers actually signed the tender yet. Yes Carolina choose to put the tag on him but he also needs to sign it and I have never read that he had done that.

Update

I looked it up and as far as I can see he still has not signed it. Anyway here is a little info concerning his tag....

"The Panthers slapped the franchise tag on DE Julius Peppers, according to NFL Network. Peppers will now be offered a guaranteed one-year deal worth $16.683 million. He can still shop himself around to other teams, but if he signs with a club and the Panthers opt to not match, the club would receive two first-round picks from the new team as compensation. Peppers has made it clear that he does not want to continue his career with the Panthers, so he will likely try to work his way out of town via trade, assuming the Panthers receive an offer for him."

Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Blazer88

Broncos QB Jay Cutler is now officially asking to be traded.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3983805

haloraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 haloraider

Blazer88

hahahahaha, well played by both parties.

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Ngamer05

Blazer88

I don't blame him and if the Panther's payroll wasn't so tight I would LOVE to see him come to Charlotte, but that is VERY doubtful.

favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 favre4thewin
[QUOTE="favre4thewin"][QUOTE="Blazer88"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="Blazer88"]

Blazer88

Yeah but, if Carolina lets him become a free agent then they get nothing for him. I think what they will want will be similar to what KC got for Jared Allen. If I remember correctly it was a 1st and a 3rd. I don't think its so much the $14M he is going to make this year as much as what the long term cost would be of his contract. I would assume he would desire something similar to Haynesworths deal.

I know he had interest in playing for a 3-4 team. I remember he mentioned a list of 4 teams, only naming Dallas, but that seems highly unlikely due to cap restraints and dallas trading its 1st and 3rd for Roy Williams.

Yeah I know but unless you get a trade almost no team is ever going to give up 2 1st rounders,...ever. Also because they franchised him a team that is interested has to have enough room in thier cap to take over that contract. Those contracts are based on what the top 5 players for his position in league are making. Sometimes when a trade is made teams make agreement that the player most renegotiate which of course would make the cap hit better but in other cases, like with Matt Cassel to the Chiefs, they just took it as is.

Also does anyone know if Pepers actually signed the tender yet. Yes Carolina choose to put the tag on him but he also needs to sign it and I have never read that he had done that.

Update

I looked it up and as far as I can see he still has not signed it. Anyway here is a little info concerning his tag....

"The Panthers slapped the franchise tag on DE Julius Peppers, according to NFL Network. Peppers will now be offered a guaranteed one-year deal worth $16.683 million. He can still shop himself around to other teams, but if he signs with a club and the Panthers opt to not match, the club would receive two first-round picks from the new team as compensation. Peppers has made it clear that he does not want to continue his career with the Panthers, so he will likely try to work his way out of town via trade, assuming the Panthers receive an offer for him."

I know how the tag system works, what I was trying to say is if CAR doesn't slap him with the tag, he's a UFA and he doesn't want to be in CAR, then what do you got?  Nothing.  I would rather get a 2nd rounder for him than nothing at all.  Odds are if a team trades for him, they'll work out a long term deal on the eve of the trade.  I still wouldn't expect him to want anything less than what Haynesworth is getting paid.  I think you'll see the same kind of desire from both Merriman and Ware next offseason.

I am not exactly positive but I think that Peppers has until the season trading deadline (week 6) to sign the offer, maybe even later. I don't know why he would sit out the season, $16M is a lot of money for a years work.  

I don't know why all the CAR fans in this thread are down on Delhomme, he did suck it up in the playoff loss, but so did the whole team.  He's got at least a season or two left.  I don't see Cutler coming to Charolotte, I think issues resolved or not, he will be in Denver.  I would think that Denver would have to have a competent signal caller before they let him go, but weirder things have happened.

Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Blazer88
[QUOTE="Blazer88"][QUOTE="favre4thewin"][QUOTE="Blazer88"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="Blazer88"]

favre4thewin

Update

I know how the tag system works, what I was trying to say is if CAR doesn't slap him with the tag, he's a UFA and he doesn't want to be in CAR, then what do you got? Nothing. I would rather get a 2nd rounder for him than nothing at all. Odds are if a team trades for him, they'll work out a long term deal on the eve of the trade. I still wouldn't expect him to want anything less than what Haynesworth is getting paid. I think you'll see the same kind of desire from both Merriman and Ware next offseason.

I am not exactly positive but I think that Peppers has until the season trading deadline (week 6) to sign the offer, maybe even later. I don't know why he would sit out the season, $16M is a lot of money for a years work.

I don't know why all the CAR fans in this thread are down on Delhomme, he did suck it up in the playoff loss, but so did the whole team. He's got at least a season or two left. I don't see Cutler coming to Charolotte, I think issues resolved or not, he will be in Denver. I would think that Denver would have to have a competent signal caller before they let him go, but weirder things have happened.

I am sure he will traded too and though Ctler seems like s decent trade for a team that thinks they need a QB I am not Peppers will want to go there. We don't know the the other places he wanted to go of course except Dallas but I suspect they were all teams where he fely he had a chance of going all the way. I'm not sure anyone can Denver is one of those teams right now because of coaching change for one, and if the lose Cutler that also makes thier QB position an unlkown too.

AFC teams are probably ones like the Patriots, Colts, Steelers I would think.

favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 favre4thewin

Here's an article in which the writer talks about who "He" thinks the Donkeys should talk to: San Fran, Carolina, Chicago, Jets, Bucs and Lions.  I think both Peppers and Cutler will be negoitiaing until the draft.

If I were part of the Donkeys personnel staff, I would have to get a QB in the trade.  I wouldn't be crazy about drafting a guy in the 1st round and having him start.  That rarely works out.

Here's a deal that no one would see coming, Vince Young for Jay Cutler.  Vince Young gets a new home and fesh start with a great offensive minded coach.  Cutler can come back to where he played his college ball and the Titans get thier QB of the future.

JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#226 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

Romo for Cutler.

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Ryder004
[QUOTE="Blazer88"]

Ngamer05

I don't blame him and if the Panther's payroll wasn't so tight I would LOVE to see him come to Charlotte, but that is VERY doubtful.

dont be so sure about that. redskins were in just as of a tight payroll as panthers but the skins spent 150 million on 2 players(hall and fat albert).

if panthers were desperate enough then they would trade peppers for cutler....but i dont know if DE is a need for denver

but i also would like my team to get him......but man if we gave up a 1st and a 3rd for him than we wouldnt draft untill the 4th round........

haloraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 haloraider

Romo for Cutler.

JackBurton

I was thinking since McDaniels loves Cassel so much, Cassel for Cutler straight up.

mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 mvphalo8

Well then have been reports that the Patriots are close to receiving J.Peppers for certain draft picks, and then there are reports stating that those rumors are false.

So I don't know what to believe as of yet.

Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Blazer88

Well then have been reports that the Patriots are close to receiving J.Peppers for certain draft picks, and then there are reports stating that those rumors are false.

So I don't know what to believe as of yet.

mvphalo8

Well NFL Netwwork has reported it now and NFL.com has a write-up on it too. NE is apparrently giving up thier 2nd round pick that they recived from KC for the Cassel/Vrabel deal to Carolina for Julias Peppers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f48fa8&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

But since it hasn't actually happned it may be wrong. ESPN is saying that no talks have happened because they can't since Peppers has not signed the franchise tender yet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3988198

So I guess we will see how this pans out. We would if Peppers does sign the tender because Carolina has to submit that to the league. I would assume that if that does occur that something is definately happening, just a matter of with who.

JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 JackBurton
"Cassel for Peppers" sounds much better than "Cassel for a 2nd-rnd pick". It'd be a great move by the Patriots!
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Ngamer05

I'm totally down with trading Peppers (saves money, prevents either side from going through a holdout), but for just a 2nd rounder? I think that's low ball offer if you ask me. If anything, the Panthers SHOULD get atleast a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick (which the Patriots have). Now I know Peppers is also going to want an extension (if traded) so that also has to be taken into account, but if he is lenient in the contract negotiations then 1st and 2nd round picks would be a fair price.

So come on Fox and Hurney, lets get this done soon.

mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 mvphalo8

No team will give up their 1st and 2nd picks for Peppers.

Everything will now go back to the J.Alllen trade where it was a 1st and 3rd pick. That would be fine.

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Ryder004

I'm totally down with trading Peppers (saves money, prevents either side from going through a holdout), but for just a 2nd rounder? I think that's low ball offer if you ask me. If anything, the Panthers SHOULD get atleast a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick (which the Patriots have). Now I know Peppers is also going to want an extension (if traded) so that also has to be taken into account, but if he is lenient in the contract negotiations then 1st and 2nd round picks would be a fair price.

Ngamer05

1st and 2nd?? wow someone has a man crush.

no one will give you a 1st and 2nd, the best you can get is a 1st and a 3rd. DE's are THAT valuable. i dont even think cutler is worth that much

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Ngamer05
[QUOTE="Ngamer05"]

Ryder004

no one will give you a 1st and 2nd, the best you can get is a 1st and a 3rd. DE's are THAT valuable. i dont even think cutler is worth that much

Ha, you would know a little bit about that. :lol:

Anyway, I know it's a little extreme to be asking for 1st and 2nd round picks but imo Peppers is better than Allen. So with that in mind, perhaps asking for a 1st, 3rd and one more late round (5th or later) pick would be more reasonable.

Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Blazer88
[QUOTE="Ryder004"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"]

Ngamer05

Anyway, I know it's a little extreme to be asking for 1st and 2nd round picks but imo Peppers is better than Allen. So with that in mind, perhaps asking for a 1st, 3rd and one more late round (5th or later) pick would be more reasonable.

I see what you are saying but first I think you are underrating the 2nd round pick. It's the second pick of the second round. That is pretty good and many good players will be left. Second I think you are underestimating a teams need to do things in order to accomplish other things. I don;t know what Carolina cap status is exactly but everyone posting here seems to be saying they are not in good shape. Simply put they cannot afford to keep Peppers on the books especially since it seems he plans on not signing the tender and sitting out. Carolina would then effectivley be paying top dollar still for a player that they cannnot use. Third what if there were not many or even any other offers. Carolina may very well be in situation NE was in at the start of free agency in that that had franchise player that they needed to offload before they could do anything. So Carolina's hand may be tied as they do not seem to have the option to be very picky. If their cap situation that bad they are unable to make many moves as long as they Peppers there.

On another note I saw more on this on NFLN saying that Peppers would have to agree to pay cut to even make this deal possible because if NE signed him to a 2 year deal under the current contract he would by his second year be making more than Tom Brady which NE would not allow.

mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 mvphalo8

Of course, nobody can make more than T.Brady. :roll:

It's in the contracts.

favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 favre4thewin

It's in the contracts.

mvphalo8

The mans got 3 superbowl rings, 1 mvp, and a brazilian supermodel wife.  What else does he need to stroke his ego?  I really do hate that guy.  If I were Brady I would want the best LT possible and the best WR possible and wouldn't care if they made more than me.  I would all ready be a millionaire, the difference of a few million wouldn't matter.  But who needs good OL, its only the difference of picking up a safety blitz and sitting out the year.

Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Blazer88

[QUOTE="mvphalo8"]

It's in the contracts.

favre4thewin

The mans got 3 superbowl rings, 1 mvp, and a brazilian supermodel wife. What else does he need to stroke his ego? I really do hate that guy. If I were Brady I would want the best LT possible and the best WR possible and wouldn't care if they made more than me. I would all ready be a millionaire, the difference of a few million wouldn't matter. But who needs good OL, its only the difference of picking up a safety blitz and sitting out the year.

News flash, starting QB's on most teams make the most money. More so when that said QB is actually good and the team is built around him.

But this has nothing to do with Brady's so called ego, its just an internal Patriots thing is what the source speaking about it on NFL Network.

Anyways since there are conflicting reports on this I will just leave it at being just rumor right now. Peppers is good player, but it is a pretty big risk to bring him on too. So what happens happens I guess.

JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 JackBurton

"Franchise QBs" have always been the highest paid player on their team. How is this news and why hate on just Brady? I don't see anyone here (or elsewhere) whinning about Peyton's salary or Favre's. Why not?

Brady is far from the egomaniac or drama queen known as Favre, nor has he ever interfered with a teammate's contract negotiations/holdout. Oh, but lets all deify Favre and hate Brady. Riiiiiight! :evil:

Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Blazer88

"Franchise QBs" have always been the highest paid player on their team. How is this news and why hate on just Brady? I don't see anyone here (or elsewhere) whinning about Peyton's salary or Favre's. Why not?

Brady is far from the egomaniac or drama queen known as Favre, nor has he ever interfered with a teammate's contract negotiations/holdout. Oh, but lets all deify Favre and hate Brady. Riiiiiight! :evil:

JackBurton

It wasn't news I only said it because previous posters acted like it was crazy and unheard of even though it is standard practice. I also know Brady has little ego, if any and saying he does have a big one is just laughable.

Beyond that I won't get into these baby arguments. You can always tell a true lover of the game vs. a pretender. Sorry the guy had had success and your jealous.

Anyway according to Adam Schefter, there is a 99.9% that the Pepers trade won't happen.

However Peppers had apparently said that he likes the Patriots amking it the second tem of the 4 he has said he would like to go to.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f4e400&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 JackBurton
[QUOTE="JackBurton"]

Blazer88

It wasn't news I only said it because previous posters acted like it was crazy and unheard of even though it is standard practice. I also know Brady has little ego, if any and saying he does have a big one is just laughable.

Beyond that I won't get into these baby arguments. You can always tell a true lover of the game vs. a pretender. Sorry the guy had had success and your jealous. [...]

Just to be clear: I wasn't directing my comment at you... I'm a Brady fan, one of the few in this Union, and am really tired of all the "childish" hate directed at him. TB is the best QB in the NFL, period.

favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 favre4thewin

JackBurton

Your missing the point, its not that he's the highest paid player on the team; most QB's are.  Its if his contract explicatedly stated he must be the highest paid player on his team.  That would be pompous. 

Much of Favre's drama is induced from the media.  The guy would go and sit at his home in Mississippi and the media would talk about if he was going to retire every year.  It wasn't until last summer that he officially said so.  I do dislike how he came back, but it is what it is.  MJ did it 2x, the last time he was terrible.  Favre did rework his contract in his later years so that GB would have more money to work with. 

FYI, guys that make millions to play a kids game then threaten to sit out because they do not make enough money deserve to have someone say something.  Making 1st round pick money was hard; especially in GB where you can live like puff daddy off $100k.

I restate the point I was trying to make, it is Ludicrous to have your contract state that that you must be the highest paid player on the team, regardless if your position makes it that way or not.

There are lots of reason I can dislike Brady, Belichick, and the Pats organization.  Just my personal opinion.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
Brady>>Favre. F*** them both though.
Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Ryder004
[QUOTE="Ryder004"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"]

Ngamer05

god u suck at making jokes.... i bet i can predict your next thing you will say "whos joking"?

anyways, peppers may be better than allen but it would be by a hair and having that little margin doesnt make up a whole round earlier pick......like i said DE's dont have that much value. 1st and 2nd would be something you give up to get Fitzgerald or Tom Brady(b4 injury) but not peppers

haloraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 haloraider

1st and 2nd would be something you give up to get Fitzgerald or Tom Brady(b4 injury) but not peppers

Ryder004

I think it'd take a LOT more than that to get either of those two players.

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Ngamer05

However Peppers had apparently said that he likes the Patriots amking it the second tem of the 4 he has said he would like to go to.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f4e400&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Blazer88

I'm just speculating here, but I think the other two teams are Philly and Arizona. Peppers has said that it's not just teams that carry the 3-4 defense that he has interest in, but also ones that are known for their defense (like Philly).

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Ryder004
[QUOTE="Blazer88"]

Ngamer05

I'm just speculating here, but I think the other two teams are Philly and Arizona. Peppers has said that it's not just teams that carry the 3-4 defense that he has interest in, but also ones that are known for their defense (like Philly).

Boldin for Peppers

Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Blazer88

So here is the thing. After thinking and hearing more people talk on this whole Peppers to the Patriots thing I think it is unlikely to happen. I mean I would be ok if it did but there is just too many other varibles.

First I do think that talks between the Pats and Peppers agent have at least occured to some degree. Because Pppers has not signed the franchise tender that is what canlegally be done, Carolina themself cannot openly discuss such things, they may have actually talked to NE but as those article state they would have to deny it either way.

NE has quite few people on thier contract year such Wilfork, Mankins, Seymour and if they plan on keeping at least two of these guys they will need to pay them.

Bringing in Peppers certainly would not help that situation who although he seems to want to go to a good team I think he definately still wants to get paid doing it meaning he won't come on the cheap.

Peppers is good player, a great player even but he also doesn't see to fit the mold the Patriots as so far in this current era go for.

He is risky....this because he has not played in 3-4 so there is no sure thing in exactly how good he would be. Though years back Belichick is quted as saying he likes Peppers and he thinks he could do it.

He has been problematic. He sat out before because he was unhappy with his contract I have read. He also put in less effort while playing also because he was unhappy. That doesn't exactly make him Pats material, at least at this stage.

Generally that Pats are conservative on going for people and look for bang for the buck blue collar players.

The Panthers might be looking for more than just a second round pick. This is probably true and if anything it was probably them who had leaked out the deal as it was with the Patriots when I think about it now as maybe they are hoping others will offer more. The problem there is that Peppers has to agree with the trade I think and it doesn't much matter what Carolina wants since he seems like a guy who would choose to sit out the year if he doesn't get his way.

Bottom line is that yes I do think the Pats are interested but it is pretty complex situation and do not think NE is will ing to offer up more and are not probably willing to break thier bank either. I think the way they see it that if they do get Pepper its a win situation and they do not get him it it also a win situation as they have between rounds 1-3 four draft picks right now, 1 in first, 3 in second and 1 in thierd with a high chance they will be getting at least another third as compensary pick for Asante Samuel, giving them 5 picks.

There is speculation they might be trying to get Jason Taylor as well because he would be cheaper. Already knows the 3-4 and has produced consistantly, last year notwithstanding because he was injured. That by the way was the first time he missed a game in like 8 years so he is also durable. Another reason why that would be a better risk is because they would be able to keep thier draft picks.

Finally as for other team speculation, who knows. I ge tthe feeling there are team out there that have more to offer and in all likelyhood, assuming Peppers wants to go there he will end up wherever there is.

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Ngamer05
[QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="Blazer88"]

Ryder004

Boldin for Peppers

I was thinking that too, but I just don't see Fox and Hurney being interested in acquiring a big time wide receiver opposite Steve Smith. Don't get me wrong, I would be totally into the idea of possibly having Smith on one side and Boldin on the other. However the Panthers still have Muhammad, who is getting up there in age (I know) and also is not on the same level as Boldin is.

Bottomline, while I would love to have Boldin opposite Smith, I just don't see that happening atleast not in a trade involving Peppers (hopefully I'm wrong).