mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#101 mvphalo8
Member since 2005 • 10748 Posts
Yeah, wondering who the Pats on eyeing on next for their team?
Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#102 Blazer88
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts

Denver QB Jay Cutler is mad about a trade that was talked about but didn't happen and guess what? It had to do with Matt Cassel too.

"Tampa approached Denver to try to make a three-way trade that would have sent Cassel to the Broncos and quarterback Jay Cutler to the Buccaneers. The Broncos entertained the notion and pondered it but ultimately decided against it.

Also, the Lions approached the Broncos about a trade for Cutler, trying to dangle Cassel as bait. Once again, Denver debated the deal and opted against it apparently."

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/28/cutler-upset-over-potential-deals-to-detroit-tampa-bay/

In other news Cowboys fans your new backup for Tony Romo has arrived in the form of Jon Kitna QB formally from the Lions and we all know how ell they been doing huh? Ah well he is upgrade from Brad Johnson for sure. Terms of the deal are unknown right now.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/28/lions-deal-kitna-to-cowboys/

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Ryder004
Member since 2007 • 4371 Posts

^^

holly hell im glad that didnt happen. 

spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 spfx30
Member since 2005 • 9945 Posts

Geez, Denver is making a lot of decent deals. :shock:

Now, Lito is gone as well. I'll be amazed if the Eagles manage a winning record this upcoming season. :?

mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 mvphalo8

Now, Lito is gone as well. I'll be amazed if the Eagles manage a winning record this upcoming season. :?

spfx30
Did the Broncos sign one of the Eagles RB, Buckhalter or someone?
Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Blazer88
[QUOTE="spfx30"]

mvphalo8

They signed running backs Correll Buckhalter and J.J. Arrington

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/buckhalter-arrington-to-denver-dawkins-not-done/

spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 spfx30
[QUOTE="mvphalo8"][QUOTE="spfx30"]

Blazer88

They signed running backs Correll Buckhalter and J.J. Arrington

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/27/buckhalter-arrington-to-denver-dawkins-not-done/

Yep.

haloraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 haloraider
Member since 2006 • 3110 Posts
Apparently, Cutler is pissed at the Broncos for using him as trade bait, and wants to be traded. Too lazy to find a link, but interesting developments.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
Apparently, Cutler is pissed at the Broncos for using him as trade bait, and wants to be traded. Too lazy to find a link, but interesting developments.haloraider
LOL! This is hilarious.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#110 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
Glad to see the Giants overpaying for Canty.
Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Blazer88

Apparently, Cutler is pissed at the Broncos for using him as trade bait, and wants to be traded. Too lazy to find a link, but interesting developments.haloraider

Yeah I posted a link concerning that on Sat but there has been more said about since then.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9281992/Broncos-coach-finds-himself-at-odds-with-Cutler

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/01/cutlers-agent-says-qb-isnt-meeting-with-broncos-in-denver/

In other news...

Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall was arrested in Atlanta on Sunday on a disorderly conduct charge.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9283430/Broncos-WR-in-trouble-again?MSNHPHMA

Avatar image for thetombradyhate
thetombradyhate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#112 thetombradyhate
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Glad to see the Giants overpaying for Canty. Espurs117

No its dissapointng I wanted hm for the Pack. The Giants now have so much depth at the defensive line position. I bet their second string would be an average line in the NFL.  

Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Blazer88

The Redskins have cut defensive end Jason Taylor

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9284870/Redskins-release-veteran-DE-Jason-Taylor?MSNHPHMA

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Ryder004

Bucs signed derrick ward..........too lazy for link

i like this signing

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts

i like this signing

Ryder004

Sounds like a good move to me.

haloraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 haloraider
BTW, kudos to Blazer for posting all the links for us lazy bastards.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 wallymartin

BTW, kudos to Blazer for posting all the links for us lazy bastards.haloraider

Indeed.

mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 mvphalo8
Nice signing there by the Bucs to get Ward.
favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 favre4thewin
Member since 2008 • 693 Posts
[QUOTE="Ryder004"]

i like this signing

wallymartin

The moves all right.  At least with sharing time with Jacobs, he should have some miles left on his wheels.  He's an upgrade over  over who they have at HB.  The cadillac can't seem to stay out of the shop and Dunn, well he was great his first time around in TB, but he was past 30 last yr and played that way.

Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Blazer88

i like this signing

Ryder004

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9285778/Source:-Bucs,-ex-Giants-RB-Ward-agree-to-deal

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 wallymartin
[QUOTE="wallymartin"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

i like this signing

favre4thewin

The moves all right. At least with sharing time with Jacobs, he should have some miles left on his wheels. He's an upgrade over over who they have at HB. The cadillac can't seem to stay out of the shop and Dunn, well he was great his first time around in TB, but he was past 30 last yr and played that way.

The Bucs released Dunn.

Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Blazer88

Mayocks current Top 5 prospects for each position.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80dff358&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 favre4thewin
[QUOTE="favre4thewin"][QUOTE="wallymartin"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

i like this signing

wallymartin

The moves all right. At least with sharing time with Jacobs, he should have some miles left on his wheels. He's an upgrade over over who they have at HB. The cadillac can't seem to stay out of the shop and Dunn, well he was great his first time around in TB, but he was past 30 last yr and played that way.

The Bucs released Dunn.

Yeah, I knew they did, I guess I didn't write it that way though.  They got rid of a lot of the older guys.  I was a little suprised at Galloway, but when your age starts to equal the size of your contract your probalby going to take a hike.

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

^^

Ryder004

If Cutler was actually being shopped around, you wouldn't be interested? YIKES :?

spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 spfx30

[QUOTE="haloraider"]BTW, kudos to Blazer for posting all the links for us lazy bastards.wallymartin

Indeed.

Yes, I forward my thanks to you as well, Blazer. Good work! :)

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Bobbles
[QUOTE="Ryder004"]

^^

Ngamer05

If Cutler was actually being shopped around, you wouldn't be interested? YIKES :?

Ryder has a boner for that waste Freeman from KSU.
Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Ryder004
[QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

^^

Bobbles

ok im going to clarify this all. i WANTED Freeman BEFORE we RESIGNED Luke McCown.

and i didnt want cutler because he would cost a 1st and a 3rd. We still need a DT and since we traded away for Winslow we dont have 2nd round pick. If we got cutler that means we wouldnt draft untill the 4th round and that means we dont get a good DT.

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Ryder004
[QUOTE="wallymartin"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

i like this signing

favre4thewin

The moves all right.  At least with sharing time with Jacobs, he should have some miles left on his wheels.  He's an upgrade over  over who they have at HB.  The cadillac can't seem to stay out of the shop and Dunn, well he was great his first time around in TB, but he was past 30 last yr and played that way.

First of all he is 28 which isnt really that old. Second of all he was always a backup so he never really got beatup that much. Third of all he isnt better than Earnest Graham which is our starter. 

favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 favre4thewin
[QUOTE="favre4thewin"][QUOTE="wallymartin"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

i like this signing

Ryder004

First of all he is 28 which isnt really that old. Second of all he was always a backup so he never really got beatup that much. Third of all he isnt better than Earnest Graham which is our starter. 

Dunn is 34, not 28. Ward split time, and started a number of games this year.  He was a planned part of the offense regardless of whether Jacobs was hurt or not.  I guess if you didn't notice a number of teams have game plans that use multiple backs.  Better or not than Graham, he plays the same position on the same team and makes more money than him now.  My hunch is for a 4 year deal worth $17M, with $9M guaranteed ($6m next year) the coach probably intends on starting him.  Could graham beat him out, possibly if he stays healthy.  Is it likely, I doubt it, you usaully don't pay big money like that and keep a guy on the bench.

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 wallymartin
I'm sure he was refering to Ward being 28.
Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Ryder004
[QUOTE="Ryder004"][QUOTE="favre4thewin"][QUOTE="wallymartin"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

i like this signing

favre4thewin

Dunn is 34, not 28. Ward split time, and started a number of games this year.  He was a planned part of the offense regardless of whether Jacobs was hurt or not.  I guess if you didn't notice a number of teams have game plans that use multiple backs.  Better or not than Graham, he plays the same position on the same team and makes more money than him now.  My hunch is for a 4 year deal worth $17M, with $9M guaranteed ($6m next year) the coach probably intends on starting him.  Could graham beat him out, possibly if he stays healthy.  Is it likely, I doubt it, you usaully don't pay big money like that and keep a guy on the bench.

i was refering to Ward. and and Graham dont have to beat anybody out, he is our starter. Only reason we gave Ward that contract is because we are 60 million under cap which means the NFL requires us to spend approx 35 million

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Espurs117
[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

^^

Ryder004

ok im going to clarify this all. i WANTED Freeman BEFORE we RESIGNED Luke McCown.

and i didnt want cutler because he would cost a 1st and a 3rd. We still need a DT and since we traded away for Winslow we dont have 2nd round pick. If we got cutler that means we wouldnt draft untill the 4th round and that means we dont get a good DT.

So you have a boner for Luke McCown? :lol:

favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 favre4thewin
[QUOTE="favre4thewin"][QUOTE="Ryder004"][QUOTE="favre4thewin"][QUOTE="wallymartin"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

i like this signing

Ryder004

i was refering to Ward. and and Graham dont have to beat anybody out, he is our starter. Only reason we gave Ward that contract is because we are 60 million under cap which means the NFL requires us to spend approx 35 million

I am refering to Dunn being over 30 in my original passage, it even states that.  Trust me, Graham has to retain his starting role, at the very least he has to stay healthy, which he didn't do last year.  Odds are, it probably doesn't matter who starts bc/ they ll split time anyways.  Think about what you are saying though, who brins in a guy to solely be a back up then pays them more than there starter, bc/ they have to make the low end of the cap?  The would reach the low end by the time they set their roster for the start of pre season.

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Ryder004
[QUOTE="Ryder004"][QUOTE="favre4thewin"][QUOTE="Ryder004"][QUOTE="favre4thewin"][QUOTE="wallymartin"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

i like this signing

favre4thewin

I am refering to Dunn being over 30 in my original passage, it even states that.  Trust me, Graham has to retain his starting role, at the very least he has to stay healthy, which he didn't do last year.  Odds are, it probably doesn't matter who starts bc/ they ll split time anyways.  Think about what you are saying though, who brins in a guy to solely be a back up then pays them more than there starter, bc/ they have to make the low end of the cap?  The would reach the low end by the time they set their roster for the start of pre season.

spending over 35 mil is harder that it sounds

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Ryder004
[QUOTE="Ryder004"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="Ngamer05"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

^^

Espurs117

So you have a boner for Luke McCown? :lol:

uhh sure

favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 favre4thewin
[QUOTE="favre4thewin"][QUOTE="Ryder004"][QUOTE="favre4thewin"][QUOTE="Ryder004"][QUOTE="favre4thewin"][QUOTE="wallymartin"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

i like this signing

Ryder004

spending over 35 mil is harder that it sounds

Only if you don't have $35M to spend.  Its easy, look at Al Davis.  Nonetheless, my point being, the Buc's intention of using Ward in a more prominent role.  Beleiving he won't beat out Graham is fine, or that Graham is a better player as well, but sitting there and saying the only reason the Bucs gave him money is to reach the minimal cap amount is ridiculous.  Why would Ward go to a team that wouldn't work him into the game plan or have no need?  Why would a team blow money on a guy you don't plan to use.  Ward could just stay in NY and be a part of the offense and try to win a championship then.  TB could just give Graham a bonus for the 10 games he played in last year.  I would imagine Graham or any other back on the TB roster who beats out a guy who makes more then him is going to turn around the next year and say wheres my $.

Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Blazer88

Kurt Warner to stay in Arizonia.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2924

haloraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 haloraider
Looks like the Niners got used, hahaha.
Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Blazer88

Ray Lewis to stay in Baltimore.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9292672/Lewis,-Ravens-reach-terms-on-multiyear-deal?MSNHPHMA

JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#140 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

Broncos, QB Simms agree to contract terms

haloraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 haloraider

Broncos, QB Simms agree to contract terms

JackBurton

Ah, yes, Chris Simms. Haven't heard much of him since he BURST HIS ORGAN for his team. Insurance in case Cutler leaves, probably.

Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Blazer88

There was another post about the Cowboys looking to trade Roy Williams but that has not happened and they have now in fact cut him

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9296178/Report:-Cowboys-cut-Pro-Bowl-safety-Williams

JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#143 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

There was another post about the Cowboys looking to trade Roy Williams but that has not happened and they have now in fact cut himLINK

Blazer88

OMFG!!! Quick, someone punch me in the face so I'll know this isn't a dream! I am so frackin' happy!!!

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Espurs117
[QUOTE="Blazer88"]

There was another post about the Cowboys looking to trade Roy Williams but that has not happened and they have now in fact cut himLINK

JackBurton

OMFG!!! Quick, someone punch me in the face so I'll know this isn't a dream! I am so frackin' happy!!!

lmao. I told you they would cut him. 

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Bobbles
[QUOTE="Blazer88"]

JackBurton

LMAO! The GOAT got cut? This is blasphemy!
Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Ryder004
i got a feeling saints are all over roy williams
mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 mvphalo8

Some news surronding the Bengals:

WR L.Coles signs a 4yr deal with the team, and J.T O'Sullivan is close to signing with the team as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=rotowire-averanuesolesgreesoo&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bengals-osullivan&prov=ap&type=lgns

Lions sign a couple of NFC South FA's: DT Grady Jackson and CB P. Buchannon

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-lions-moves&prov=ap&type=lgns

Bucs resign some of the players including, Philips, etc.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-buccaneers-signings&prov=ap&type=lgns

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#148 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts

i got a feeling saints are all over roy williamsRyder004

No way.  They don't need another run stopping safety.  If they're going to sign a safety it'll be Sharper.

haloraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 haloraider
[QUOTE="JackBurton"][QUOTE="Blazer88"]

Bobbles

LMAO! The GOAT got cut? This is blasphemy!

First TO, now the GOAT? You guys are done for sure, yo.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Bobbles
For real man, Cowboys will be 2-14(Bucs and Panthers=wins) next year.