Your favorite CD-i games?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts
It's quite the underrated system with tons of great games and other interactive software. Here are some of my favorites. To lazy to resize.           Chaos control was extremely impressive when it came out and the (cd-i version) game still holds up well today.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
My favorites are (in no order) Flashback Hotel Mario The Apprentice Burn:Cycle Thunder in Paradise Lemmings
commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
Sorry I had that other useless behemoth of failure: the amiga cd32
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jakandsigz
Sorry I had that other useless behemoth of failure: the amiga cd32evildead6789
If we want to be technical, the CD-I did not fail. The CD32 started out good, They could have kept that momentum by porting somemore games and getting some more exclusives. But the Cd32 is a 5th generation console so it's hard to compare, but here are 5 good CD32 games for you.      the CD32 also has tons of great games, but when you advertise mutliplats the few times you do actually advertise, and have a rocky road after a decent launch it's hard to get back up. They did try harder later but they should have did it earlier.
commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 commander
[QUOTE="evildead6789"]Sorry I had that other useless behemoth of failure: the amiga cd32Jakandsigz
If we want to be technical, the CD-I did not fail. The CD32 started out good, They could have kept that momentum by porting somemore games and getting some more exclusives. But the Cd32 is a 5th generation console so it's hard to compare, but here are 5 good CD32 games for you.      the CD32 also has tons of great games, but when you advertise mutliplats the few times you do actually advertise, and have a rocky road after a decent launch it's hard to get back up. They did try harder later but they should have did it earlier.

That console made me stop gaming, till halflife was released off course.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jakandsigz
[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="evildead6789"]Sorry I had that other useless behemoth of failure: the amiga cd32evildead6789

That console made me stop gaming, till halflife was released off course.

What the CD32? The main issue with it is that the few games that weren't slightly downgraded ports were terrible. There are a few gems, but to be honest, I think the hardware and controller itself kind of cause people to back away.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Wow, if you don't consider CD-i a failure of a console, then you must not consider ANY console a failure.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jakandsigz

Wow, if you don't consider CD-i a failure of a console, then you must not consider ANY console a failure.

Emerald_Warrior
How is the company making profit having a system out for around 7 years with around 300 titles with no losses a failure? THe only way you could say it failed, is that it was not the best selling system that generation. But I expected this from people with no experience from the system that use people like AGVN and more to get false ideas. In no category was the system a failure other than it not being a best selling console that generation. 7 or so years on the market with dozens of software, and a lot of nice CD-I only games and best versions of some multiplats. I can't see where the failure is coming from.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Jakandsigz

How is the company making profit having a system out for around 7 years with around 300 titles with no losses a failure? THe only way you could say it failed, is that it was not the best selling system that generation. But I expected this from people with no experience from the system that use people like AGVN and more to get false ideas. In no category was the system a failure other than it not being a best selling console that generation. 7 or so years on the market with dozens of software, and a lot of nice CD-I only games and best versions of some multiplats. I can't see where the failure is coming from.

It didn't even break the 1 million mark. It was a failure.

And that library you're boasting about was chock full of TERRIBLE edutainment, interactive movies, and crappy karaoke games. Our science class teacher in 6th grade loved to shove them down our throats. It can't even begin to stand side-by-side by the likes of it's contemporaries' libraries (Sega Genesis, SNES, TG-16, Neo-Geo, etc.).

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Emerald_Warrior

And that library you're boasting about was chock full of TERRIBLE edutainment, interactive movies, and crappy karaoke games.] Our science class teacher in 6th grade loved to shove them down our throats. It can't even begin to stand side-by-side by the likes of it's contemporaries' libraries (Sega Genesis, SNES, TG-16, Neo-Geo, etc.).

prove that it is chock full of edutainment. You are talking anecdotal experience based on a few titles=chock full? yes it can. It selling less than 1 million units as an expensive machine with then above average priced games makes perfect sense. Even if the system was popular it probably would have sold 4- million at most at that time. Again, profitable, tons of games (read games), 7 years. I don't see how it failed unless it failed the same way the TG-16 and Genesis you listed failed as in selling less than the gens winning console. I mean nothing against you, we cool but come on man :(
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] How is the company making profit having a system out for around 7 years with around 300 titles with no losses a failure? THe only way you could say it failed, is that it was not the best selling system that generation. But I expected this from people with no experience from the system that use people like AGVN and more to get false ideas. In no category was the system a failure other than it not being a best selling console that generation. 7 or so years on the market with dozens of software, and a lot of nice CD-I only games and best versions of some multiplats. I can't see where the failure is coming from. Jakandsigz

And that library you're boasting about was chock full of TERRIBLE edutainment, interactive movies, and crappy karaoke games.] Our science class teacher in 6th grade loved to shove them down our throats. It can't even begin to stand side-by-side by the likes of it's contemporaries' libraries (Sega Genesis, SNES, TG-16, Neo-Geo, etc.).

prove that it is chock full of edutainment. You are talking anecdotal experience based on a few titles=chock full? yes it can. It selling less than 1 million units as an expensive machine with then above average priced games makes perfect sense. Even if the system was popular it probably would have sold 4- million at most at that time. Again, profitable, tons of games (read games), 7 years. I don't see how it failed unless it failed the same way the TG-16 and Genesis you listed failed as in selling less than the gens winning console. I mean nothing against you, we cool but come on man :(

CD-i sold less than a million units. Geneiss and TG-16 sold much more, even if they weren't #1. They were in totally different leagues, that's how I can make that comparison.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jakandsigz

Emerald_Warrior

CD-i sold less than a million units. Geneiss and TG-16 sold much more, even if they weren't #1. They were in totally different leagues, that's how I can make that comparison.

Totally different leagues based on what? you running out of room man :) If you're basing it on sales, around 600,000>9 or 10 million is around an 8 or so million difference. 9 or 10 million compared to 40 million is a 30 or so million difference. So what you are telling me is that TG-16 ain't that much better than the CD-I as it was completely owned. That's how you can make that comparison?
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] prove that it is chock full of edutainment. You are talking anecdotal experience based on a few titles=chock full? yes it can. It selling less than 1 million units as an expensive machine with then above average priced games makes perfect sense. Even if the system was popular it probably would have sold 4- million at most at that time. Again, profitable, tons of games (read games), 7 years. I don't see how it failed unless it failed the same way the TG-16 and Genesis you listed failed as in selling less than the gens winning console. I mean nothing against you, we cool but come on man :(Jakandsigz

Totally different leagues based on what? you running out of room man :) If you're basing it on sales, around 600,000>9 or 10 million is around an 8 or so million difference. 9 or 10 million compared to 40 million is a 30 or so million difference. So what you are telling me is that TG-16 ain't that much better than the CD-I as it was completely owned. That's how you can make that comparison?

Also keep in mind that it made more money, and had more games in the U.S. and Europe than the TG16. I like the TG16, but if you're main reason for hating the CD-i is sales than why are you playing the TG16?
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Emerald_Warrior

Yeah, it's a freaking huge difference. If we were comparing something like GameCube vs. XBox, the difference is so small that you can say sales don't matter.

But in this case, we're talking a MASSIVE difference. This isn't a matter of opinion thing. This is a clear cut, by the numbers (which numbers don't lie), case of the CD-i clearly being the stomped and the public clearly not liking it.

And yes, even the TG-16, which was clearly in a distant 3rd place in the console race of that generation, STILL far outsold the CD-i.

In other words, A FAILURE.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 commander

What the CD32? The main issue with it is that the few games that weren't slightly downgraded ports were terrible. There are a few gems, but to be honest, I think the hardware and controller itself kind of cause people to back away.Emerald_Warrior

The hardware was top notch, I mean a 32 bit system with a cd drive.

Amiga cd 32 was like the symbol of the downfall of commodore. It failed to innovate , just like any commodore aga games, i'm sure you'll find some gems but this system wasn't even an improvement over the snes.

The saturn outmatched the snes but the playstation and especially windows 95 took it even way further with 3d games. The people backed away because it was a crap system, commodore was lagging behind with their games and sega, sony, nintendo and microsoft simply crushed them.

A shame because I was a real commodore fan, I was a commodore fan because it was ahead of it's time with the commodore 64 and amiga computers. It's also the reason why i bought the amiga cd32. I thought that was going to be the success, with the new cd tech and 32 bit. Luckily I could sell it right before the whole thing blew up.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jakandsigz

Yeah, it's a freaking huge difference. If we were comparing something like GameCube vs. XBox, the difference is so small that you can say sales don't matter.

But in this case, we're talking a MASSIVE difference. This isn't a matter of opinion thing. This is a clear cut, by the numbers (which numbers don't lie), case of the CD-i clearly being the stomped and the public clearly not liking it.

And yes, even the TG-16, which was clearly in a distant 3rd place in the console race of that generation, STILL far outsold the CD-i.

In other words, A FAILURE.

Emerald_Warrior
So the TG16 is a failure got it. The Neo-Geo, sold less than the CD-I , so it was a failure, had the worst games, and everyone hated it. There you have it, Emerald_Warrior, Such bad games on such a failure of a system that was clearly "stomped" with such bad games like Metal Slug, Samurai Showdown, and KOF. My my, your logic doesn't work now does it? Funny thing about that though, the Neo Geo and the CD-I had a similar idea. An expensive system that tried to gather multiple markets. Neo Geo was aiming at arcade enthusiasts and people who wanted powerful hardware, CD-I aiming for the business, the gamers that could afford it, and the video market. All of which for both were not the mainstream gaming market. Even if both were in magazines, the most they both probably would have sold is 4 million at most maybe. This adds that systems like the Neo Geo, that sold less, and at higher price of system and games (later on the CD-i got some nice drops in price) SNK was slowly losing money, SNK did go bankrupt, SNK did get back in through playmore. CD-I made money, and was fine. Had a lot of software. The only systems that had more were the SNES and Genesis (unless you include PC engine, but we are talking the TG16.) Again I understand all the unwarranted hate the CD-I get for no real reason randomly with such terrible youtube and other bad media like game websites not knowing what they are talking about. But that does not mean to jump on their wagon of ignorant though. All your reasons so far have made no sense in term of claiming it as a failure. Only way it failed was it sold less than the SNES like every other console that was not the SNES. The logic you have used can be applied to the Dreamcast as well. See? It's not working real well is it? hahaha.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]What the CD32? The main issue with it is that the few games that weren't slightly downgraded ports were terrible. There are a few gems, but to be honest, I think the hardware and controller itself kind of cause people to back away.evildead6789

The hardware was top notch, I mean a 32 bit system with a cd drive.

Amiga cd 32 was like the symbol of the downfall of commodore. It failed to innovate , just like any commodore aga games, i'm sure you'll find some gems but this system wasn't even an improvement over the snes.

The saturn outmatched the snes but the playstation and especially windows 95 took it even way further with 3d games. The people backed away because it was a crap system, commodore was lagging behind with their games and sega, sony, nintendo and microsoft simply crushed them.

A shame because I was a real commodore fan, I was a commodore fan because it was ahead of it's time with the commodore 64 and amiga computers. It's also the reason why i bought the amiga cd32. I thought that was going to be the success, with the new cd tech and 32 bit. Luckily I could sell it right before the whole thing blew up.

it was inevitable. Commodore though they were invincible at that point. They barely supported the CD32 and other devices as it was and it ended up biting them. Not much from commodore or Amiga since that netbook 3 years ago.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Emerald_Warrior

The Neo Geo didn't do well in the home console market. That's true. It was too damn expensive, that's why.

But in the arcade market, the Neo Geo was a top dog.

I can't believe I keep having to argue these points with you. It's a pretty damn well known fact the CD-i was a failure. It's infamous.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

The Neo Geo didn't do well in the home console market. That's true. It was too damn expensive, that's why.

I can't believe I keep having to argue these points with you. It's a pretty damn well known fact the CD-i was a failure. It's infamous.

Emerald_Warrior

This is all I can think about when it comes to the CD-i. This is its legacy.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jakandsigz

Emerald_Warrior
It's infamous for 3 games (hotel mario is widely considered at least decent now.) and tons of misinformation. The funny thing is, this was a thing that happened with the Jaguar and 3DO as well, and yet the 3DO is considered a great system to collect for with great games, yet people can't look past the misinformation for the CD-I? it was not a failure, you have yet to prove it in anyway. The only argument you had was sales, which the Neo Geo sold less. neo-Geo was also not that big of a deal because they went BANKRUPT. The Cd-i was also an expensive system (for awhile) targeting the business, the gamers, the animators. But only those in such groups that would buy it. Yet it made a profit, sold more than Neo Geo, and lasted 7 years on the market with no losses, no bankruptcys and no company buyouts or fusions.Last I checked Phillips is still a big time company. How was it a failure? Show me, that's all I ask, please. If it's there please show me I would like to know what I am missing here. Or are you going to admit you know nothing about it and just never though of looking at its software i'll take either one because you seem so sure and you failed in your last attempts so far.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Emerald_Warrior

I already have made my points.

Crappy library chock full of edutainment, interactive movies, and karaoke. And I pointed out that low sales and being infamous support that. If those aren't good enough for you, then that's your problem and you have a skewed view of what makes a console a failure.

Heck, I'm not even the one here that has to prove my side. It's pretty well known that the console was a failure. You're the odd one out here that has to prove his uphill claim that it somehow succeeded in any way comprhendible. It wasn't even a great edutainment device, the PC and even the Leapster consoles do a better job at that.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

the system definitely isn't underrated. of all the systems I own it has the worst quality/quantity ratio

still some good games are burn cycle, lost eden(better than 3do version) and lords of the rising sun. still it's a good niche system with many exclusives and games that were very unique such as marco polo and it has great fmv games if you like them

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bultje112

Jakandsigz

what the hell are you talking about, philips lost over 1 billion dollars on the cdi project, it is seen as the biggest failure the company ever had.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jakandsigz

bultje112

what the hell are you talking about, philips lost over 1 billion dollars on the cdi project, it is seen as the biggest failure the company ever had.

Link?
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jakandsigz

Crappy library chock full of edutainment, interactive movies, and karaoke. And I pointed out that low sales and being infamous support that. If those aren't good enough for you, then that's your problem and you have a skewed view of what makes a console a failure.

Heck, I'm not even the one here that has to prove my side. It's pretty well known that the console was a failure. You're the odd one out here that has to prove his uphill claim that it somehow succeeded in any way comprhendible. It wasn't even a great edutainment device, the PC and even the Leapster consoles do a better job at that.

Emerald_Warrior
Your points were mainly it sold less. Basically making other systems you don't blindly hate suck in return backfiring on you. You have yet to prove the claim of chock full of edutainment. Should not be that hard to throw a list around with the internet what's taking you so long? you made the claim where are these edutainment games that took up the whole library? You have a skewed view of what makes a console a failure. It sold less yet made money, Tg16 sold more lost more money than the CD-I, and the Cd-I had made profits with the exceptions of some rough edges. The Genesis tehcnically, also lost more money and coast Sega a fortune (if we include the add-ons.) SNK sold less and lost more as well and went Bankrupt Sega never got out of the whole they dug, Nec was not coming back after their massive losses, and yet the Cd-I is a failure and you have yet to make a point. All you said was that: 1. it sold less 2.It's chock full of edutainment to the brim which you have yet to prove. 3. Then you just say you made your points when you really have not made any, and your first point backfired. Still waiting, it shouldn't takes you this long if it's as common as you keep claiming over and over again.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Emerald_Warrior

Jakandsigz

Your points were mainly it sold less. Basically making other systems you don't blindly hate suck in return backfiring on you. You have yet to prove the claim of chock full of edutainment. Should not be that hard to throw a list around with the internet what's taking you so long? you made the claim where are these edutainment games that took up the whole library? You have a skewed view of what makes a console a failure. It sold less yet made money, Tg16 sold more lost more money than the CD-I, and the Cd-I had made profits with the exceptions of some rough edges. The Genesis tehcnically, also lost more money and coast Sega a fortune (if we include the add-ons.) SNK sold less and lost more as well and went Bankrupt Sega never got out of the whole they dug, Nec was not coming back after their massive losses, and yet the Cd-I is a failure and you have yet to make a point. All you said was that: 1. it sold less 2.It's chock full of edutainment to the brim which you have yet to prove. 3. Then you just say you made your points when you really have not made any, and your first point backfired. Still waiting, it shouldn't takes you this long if it's as common as you keep claiming over and over again.

:roll:

Right, because the mighty CD-i was a powerhouse in console gaming that's still talked about to this day and beloved by legions of fans...

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jakandsigz

Emerald_Warrior

:roll:

Right, because the mighty CD-i was a powerhouse in console gaming that's still talked about to this day and beloved by legions of fans...

Considering there are more Cd-I fansites out there than the TG16, the Neogeo, and many others yeah. But You don't do any reasearch you just won't admit you are wrong. You act like you know what you are talking about based on nothing. But fine continue to act the way you usually do as I present a list of some of the many games you will be missing, and one wild card at the bottom:
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Emerald_Warrior

Considering there are more Cd-I fansites out there than the TG16, the Neogeo, and many others yeah.Jakandsigz

Complete B.S.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 commander

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] Considering there are more Cd-I fansites out there than the TG16, the Neogeo, and many others yeah.Emerald_Warrior

Complete B.S.

indeed, the neo geo was in a lot of arcade halls

they even remade it

wood610.jpg

Not to mention the neo geo was way too expensive for john doe, it's also the reason you found it in the arcade's

philips cd-i was more like a gimmick

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] Considering there are more Cd-I fansites out there than the TG16, the Neogeo, and many others yeah.Emerald_Warrior

Complete B.S.

Yep, even a site with all the old magazines or at least most of them http://www.philipscdi.com/press.htm and fans having servers up for online gaming and other goodies. But hey, you8 know nothing at all so if you want to have a list war with me I'll end up winning let's go you do the first move. Should we start with Neo Geo or TG16?
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] Considering there are more Cd-I fansites out there than the TG16, the Neogeo, and many others yeah.evildead6789

Complete B.S.

indeed, the neo geo was in a lot of arcade halls

they even remade it

wood610.jpg

Not to mention the neo geo was way too expensive for john doe, it's also the reason you found it in the arcade's

philips cd-i was more like a gimmick

Cd-i was in a lot more place in comparison. I like how you are just assuming no one cares about the CD-i with fans still hosting servers and support for the online and a whole site filled with older magazines. Tons of looking into hardware and history, tons of fan review sites, and a lot of fan made games coming in. Btw, the CD-I was also expesnive at first and like the Neo Geo, but a bit earlier, had its price lowered. no excuses.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] Considering there are more Cd-I fansites out there than the TG16, the Neogeo, and many others yeah.Jakandsigz

Complete B.S.

Yep, even a site with all the old magazines or at least most of them http://www.philipscdi.com/press.htm and fans having servers up for online gaming and other goodies. But hey, you8 know nothing at all so if you want to have a list war with me I'll end up winning let's go you do the first move. Should we start with Neo Geo or TG16?

And what does any of that have to do with the price of tea in China? A list war of what? Does any of that have to do with the fact that the CD-i failed, miserably? Does any of that have to do with the fact that it's CONSTANTLY cited as one of the worst consoles ever? Does any of that have to do with the fact that it's nothing more than a side-note in the history of Nintendo (which it's more famous for being, than it is for any of it's games)? Or that it couldn't even sell 1 million units?

Keep saying I don't know what I'm talking about. It's really helping your case here, while you continue to prove what a massive success the CD-i is...oh wait, you didn't.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jakandsigz

Complete B.S.

Emerald_Warrior

And what does any of that have to do with the price of tea in China? A list war of what? Does any of that have to do with the fact that the CD-i failed, miserably? Does any of that have to do with the fact that it's CONSTANTLY cited as one of the worst consoles ever? Does any of that have to do with the fact that it's nothing more than a side-note in the history of Nintendo? Or that it couldn't even sell 1 million units?

Keep saying I don't know what I'm talking about. It's really helping your case here, while you continue to prove what a massive success the CD-i is...oh wait, you didn't.

It's a fact you have yet to prove with one link of a reliable source. You keep backfiring your own arguments, there you go with selling less than a million again, Neo Geo is garbage. Gaps between the Dreamcast and the PS2 was even larger and there was more market, most be an even worse failure. Want to know why it was a success? Profitable, greenbook CD-I format was standar for a around decade before DVD from 1990 to 1999. 35+ CD-i players all in different shapes and sizes. it was an open format, you could make a CD-I system with no issues, it was like android, everything that worked on one, for the most part with exception worked on another. 2. These companies all made CD-I systems: 1. Phillips 2. Sony 3. LG 4. Goldstar 5. DVS 6. Memorex 7. Grundig 8. Bang & Olufsen 9. Kyocera 10. NBS 11. Highscreen 12. Magnavox The sales of the Cd-I only technically apply to Phiilips, there are millions of CD-I systems since it was open, how much each of those sold is a mystery. 3. The fact the system eventually did support DVD with some models, which Phillips would not be bothered if there was no interest. 4. The first console with a full online system, even with gold club to donwload demos and view certain thing on CD-online/Web-i. Including E-mail and browsing. 5. The phillips basic CD-I models alone lasted until around 98 hardware wise, The CD-I format did not die until 2000. Around near a decade. 6. CD-I format had tons of Video CD and Photo CD support that worked on all systems and like CD's you would but in the store for artists like say, Micheal Jackson, there would a times be CD-I versions (which means it's not a thing added to the library) compatible with the many different CD-I devices. 7. The first console to have a cross location online gaming system. 8. DVC cart for enhancing the graphics of even later CD-I systems to give each model additional visual and often sound performance. A lot of CD-I models can use this. 9. Portable CD-I players for on the Go. Even hybrid of TV and portable (sony had ones of these.) 10. Again unlike regular CD's which usually require it to work on specific supported players, all types of CD-I machines can play CD-I discs, this means all for the most part, of the CD-i library can work on all CD-I systems. 11. Since the majority of the CD-I official CD-I licensed library actually contains more traditional and interactive games then edutainment, The licensed library contains around 200+ titles. 12.Due to the way Cd-I systems are designed the same way kind of like android phones running the same OS. with some exception, most software for Cd-i machines do not have "technical requirements" like say, PC CD's or DVDs. Instead, they will automatically downgrade or upgrade the technical areas depending on the low or high specs of the CD-I device. If it wasn't a success, this would not make any sense now would it? You're turn. It was a standard, not a full standard, but it had a pretty big chunk of pie. As an organized format, it was pretty much the standard. Sony would use similar technology in its Playstation, but have its own take on it that would be different, and would use the closed CD-Rom format instead of an open one. Dares i say the PSX would not even exist.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jakandsigz
^But you know, when you no nothing about something and continue to say you do and have yet to show anything it really helps your case Emerald_warrior.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] Yep, even a site with all the old magazines or at least most of them http://www.philipscdi.com/press.htm and fans having servers up for online gaming and other goodies. But hey, you8 know nothing at all so if you want to have a list war with me I'll end up winning let's go you do the first move. Should we start with Neo Geo or TG16? Jakandsigz

And what does any of that have to do with the price of tea in China? A list war of what? Does any of that have to do with the fact that the CD-i failed, miserably? Does any of that have to do with the fact that it's CONSTANTLY cited as one of the worst consoles ever? Does any of that have to do with the fact that it's nothing more than a side-note in the history of Nintendo? Or that it couldn't even sell 1 million units?

It's a fact you have yet to prove with one link of a reliable source. You keep backfiring your own arguments, there you go with selling less than a million again, Neo Geo is garbage. Gaps between the Dreamcast and the PS2 was even larger and there was more market, most be an even worse failure. Want to know why it was a success? Profitable, greenbook CD-I format was standar for a around decade before DVD from 1990 to 1999. 35+ CD-i players all in different shapes and sizes. it was an open format, you could make a CD-I system with no issues, it was like android, everything that worked on one, for the most part with exception worked on another. 2. These companies all made CD-I systems: 1. Phillips 2. Sony 3. LG 4. Goldstar 5. DVS 6. Memorex 7. Grundig 8. Bang & Olufsen 9. Kyocera 10. NBS 11. Highscreen 12. Magnavox The sales of the Cd-I only technically apply to Phiilips, there are millions of CD-I systems since it was open, how much each of those sold is a mystery. 3. The fact the system eventually did support DVD with some models, which Phillips would not be bothered if there was no interest. 4. The first console with a full online system, even with gold club to donwload demos and view certain thing on CD-online/Web-i. Including E-mail and browsing. 5. The phillips basic CD-I models alone lasted until around 98 hardware wise, The CD-I format did not die until 2000. Around near a decade. 6. CD-I format had tons of Video CD and Photo CD support that worked on all systems and like CD's you would but in the store for artists like say, Micheal Jackson, there would a times be CD-I versions (which means it's not a thing added to the library) compatible with the many different CD-I devices. 7. The first console to have a cross location online gaming system. 8. DVC cart for enhancing the graphics of even later CD-I systems to give each model additional visual and often sound performance. A lot of CD-I models can use this. 9. Portable CD-I players for on the Go. Even hybrid of TV and portable (sony had ones of these.) 10. Again unlike regular CD's which usually require it to work on specific supported players, all types of CD-I machines can play CD-I discs, this means all for the most part, of the CD-i library can work on all CD-I systems. 11. Since the majority of the CD-I official CD-I licensed library actually contains more traditional and interactive games then edutainment, The licensed library contains around 200+ titles. 12.Due to the way Cd-I systems are designed the same way kind of like android phones running the same OS. with some exception, most software for Cd-i machines do not have "technical requirements" like say, PC CD's or DVDs. Instead, they will automatically downgrade or upgrade the technical areas depending on the low or high specs of the CD-I device. If it wasn't a success, this would not make any sense now would it? You're turn. It was a standard, not a full standard, but it had a pretty big chunk of pie. As an organized format, it was pretty much the standard. Sony would use similar technology in its Playstation, but have its own take on it that would be different, and would use the closed CD-Rom format instead of an open one. Dares i say the PSX would not even exist.

Yeah, that's all interesting and all, but again, despite all those fancy facts, it barely sold over a half a million units. That's an abysmal failure no matter how technogical it may have been at the time. How is that even debatable?

And I thought I already took care of the Neo Geo thing. AES, aka home unit, failure due to the price; MVS, aka arcade unit, big success.

And regarding the PSX vs. CD-i comparison you made: You realize that it's other way around, right? CD-i would not exist if not for the PlayStation. The only reason the CD-i exists is because Nintendo broke it's deal with Sony to make a CD add-on for the SNES, and made a deal with Phillips to do the same thing (which that deal also fell through). So yeah, that doesn't work either. But then, I don't know anything, isn't that right?

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

lets bomb me some dodongos

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jakandsigz

Emerald_Warrior

Yeah, that's all interesting and all, but again, despite all those fancy facts, it barely sold over a half a million units. That's an abysmal failure no matter how technogical it may have been at the time. How is that even debatable?

And I thought I already took care of the Neo Geo thing. AES, aka home unit, failure due to the price; MVS, aka arcade unit, big success.

And regarding the PSX vs. CD-i comparison you made: You realize that it's other way around, right? CD-i would not exist if not for the PlayStation. The only reason the CD-i exists is because Nintendo broke it's deal with Sony to make a CD add-on for the SNES, and made a deal with Phillips to do the same thing (which that deal also fell through). So yeah, that doesn't work either. But then, I don't know anything, isn't that right?

I see you never read the "fancy facts" because only a couple CD-I models compromise those sales. Clearly with all those manufacts, they must have sold quite a bit as well and saw some interest. I like how you fail to see that, you are now pretty much crying because you have nothing left whatsoever. You say it sold that much yet won't even think about the fact there are dozens of CD-I systems other than the 3 or 4 that comprise the sales on your favorite wikipedia page. but i would not expect you to do that. You can't be wrong, you can't, it's not possible. :roll: Let me show you everything wrong with your post AGAIN BELOW. As for your CD-I PSX thing, you are really just down for the count. You are now comparing the "Play Station" to the "Playstation" which are not even the same thing. Nice work, you fail-ed miserably. But the best part about that is you are completely wrong.

The PlayStation made its debut at the Consumer Electronics Show in June 1991 when Sony revealed its console, a Super Famicom with a built-in CD-ROM drive

Hmmmm

However, a day after the announcement at CES, Nintendo announced that it would be breaking its partnership with Sony, opting to go with Philips instead but using the same technology.

Hmmmmmmmmmm\

Work on the CD-i began in 1984 and it was first publicly announced in 1986. The first Philips CD-i player, released in 1991 and initially priced around USD $700

And you lost. Please continue, I think i am teaching you many things. Here's a 1990 advertisement:  Yep, what a failure it was...not. Other than sales, which the Neo Geo, Genesis, and TG16 also failed to beat the SNES as well. Does your foot taste good? you keep putting it in your mouth. Also, i notice that you also like to shove it up your anus as well.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jakandsigz
^ Also know, you don't no anything. Be sure to read everything in the above post this time Mr. Emerald_Warrior.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Emerald_Warrior

The "Play Station" led to the "PlayStation", how is that a miserable fail? If Nintendo never cut it's deal with Sony to make the "Play Station", the "PlayStation" would have never existed. They directly connect to each other, they aren't totally different things.

Anyways, I give up.

You can live you're fantasy land where CD-i is the greatest thing ever and stood neck-and-neck with the Sega Genesis and SNES.

Me on the other hand, I'll believe that when me crap turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbert.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvtj94znGV1qkoakl.jpg

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jakandsigz

The "Play Station" led to the "PlayStation", how is that a miserable fail? If Nintendo never cut it's deal with Sony to make the "Play Station", the "PlayStation" would have never existed. They directly connect to each other, they aren't totally different things.

Anyways, I give up.

You can live you're fantasy land where CD-i is the greatest thing ever and stood neck-and-neck with the Sega Genesis and SNES.

Me on the other hand, I'll believe that when me crap turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbert.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvtj94znGV1qkoakl.jpg

Emerald_Warrior
You are a piece of shit. I never even said that anywhere, I knew at some point you were going to be proven wrong and then do this tactic, I just though it only would have been the SNES. This is about the CD-I being a failure, don't even change it. You also did nto read, i want you to read your failure right here:
PSX vs. CD-i comparison you made: You realize that it's other way around, right? CD-i would not exist if not for the PlayStation. The only reason the CD-i exists is because Nintendo broke it's deal with Sony to make a CD add-on for the SNESEmerald_Warrior

Work on the CD-i began in 1984 and it was first publicly announced in 1986. The first Philips CD-i player, released in 1991 and initially priced around USD $700

And then you do the same thing again now. I swear, this si why such conversation about gaming history don't exist in legacy platforms and now I know why, people like you. You have a closed-mind and you refuse to be proven wrong, you have yet to prove anything. but why do you keep ignoring your mistakes Emerald_warrior? Why won't you stop being a clown and stop with tis "lol trash because I said so" talk when facts are put right in front of you? Explain the above part where you clearly have yoour history wrong? You going to run off now when you are completely wrong about everything and change words around so you can feel better? Why do you even post in any thread then about any kind of opinion, when you keep doing all the stuff I have just shown above? How about you get an education about this stuff Emerald_warrior. What are you giving up on? Yourself? Lol seriously? Let's start one step at a time, why are you ignoring your mistakes and pretending they did not happen and then changing words around? Why won't you admit you got your history of the CD-i wrong when i just showed you it was wrong? you can redeem yourself at anytime by having a real discussion instead of your continuous ignorant stance on thinking you're right about anything, it's mind-boggling how someone like you that clearly IS NOT stupid makes himself look this idiotic.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jakandsigz
Btw, just wanted to show you in one post basically the incredibly despicable thing you did instead of trying to have a decent discussion in one post. At least the top one. Part 1.

Jakandsigz
How is the company making profit having a system out for around 7 years with around 300 titles with no losses a failure? The only way you could say it failed, is that it was not the best selling system that generation. But I expected this from people with no experience from the system that use people like AGVN and more to get false ideas. In no category was the system a failure other than it not being a best selling console that generation. 7 or so years on the market with dozens of software, and a lot of nice CD-I only games and best versions of some multiplats. I can't see where the failure is coming from.

=

Anyways, I give up.

Me on the other hand, I'll believe that when me crap turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbertEmerald_Warrior

This one is the biggest because it basically tells everyone what kind of person you are resulting to one of if not the most awful thing to do in a discussion. Especially when you kept putting your foot in your mouth and ignoring all facts presented the entire time. Part 2: This was posted on page 2, where you pretty much put out the fact you were not reading anything that was being posted except maybe a few sentences. You ignored all facts posted on the first page.

Emerald_Warrior
Here is another post where you did that just as badly in the bold text:

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] Yep, even a site with all the old magazines or at least most of them http://www.philipscdi.com/press.htm and fans having servers up for online gaming and other goodies. But hey, you8 know nothing at all so if you want to have a list war with me I'll end up winning let's go you do the first move. Should we start with Neo Geo or TG16? Emerald_Warrior

It's pretty terrible what childish lengths you will go to for no real reason. Part 3: The response to the above post pointing out your mistakes and your lack of actual knowledge of gaming history: [QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] I see you never read the "fancy facts" because only a couple CD-I models compromise those sales. Clearly with all those manufacts, they must have sold quite a bit as well and saw some interest. I like how you fail to see that, you are now pretty much crying because you have nothing left whatsoever. You say it sold that much yet won't even think about the fact there are dozens of CD-I systems other than the 3 or 4 that comprise the sales on your favorite wikipedia page. but i would not expect you to do that. You can't be wrong, you can't, it's not possible. :roll: Let me show you everything wrong with your post AGAIN BELOW. As for your CD-I PSX thing, you are really just down for the count. You are now comparing the "Play Station" to the "Playstation" which are not even the same thing. Nice work, you fail-ed miserably. But the best part about that is you are completely wrong.

The PlayStation made its debut at the Consumer Electronics Show in June 1991 when Sony revealed its console, a Super Famicom with a built-in CD-ROM drive

Hmmmm

However, a day after the announcement at CES, Nintendo announced that it would be breaking its partnership with Sony, opting to go with Philips instead but using the same technology.

Hmmmmmmmmmm\

And you lost. Please continue, I think i am teaching you many things. Here's a 1990 advertisement:  Yep, what a failure it was...not. Other than sales, which the Neo Geo, Genesis, and TG16 also failed to beat the SNES as well. Does your foot taste good? you keep putting it in your mouth. Also, i notice that you also like to shove it up your anus as well.

But you completely ignored this. I believe this is what broke your last straw in terms of your "lalalala" attitude, and made you post your little change of topic pretending this conversation was about something completely different. Don't forget the many minor mistakes and bad deed you did, most notably the backfires about CD-I sales equaling a failure and your ignoring all the systems that would fall into the same category using your flawed logic. Maybe one day people will have fine discussions. I have to say you got me angry enough to call you a piece of shit, which is pretty impressive for a stubborn troll. I usually don;t get that mad, but you're kind of personality is very very annoying, enraging, and just plain nonsense. The fact you act this way just shows me that you are most likely and awful person at heart regardless if you show it outside the screen or not or you are having sadistic fun. I will declare this V-E_W day or "Victory over Emerald_Warrior day" as that is exactly what happened almost every single post which was completely ignored and then the discussion just died with that last childish post you made. I'm going to have to hold onto the Sega history thread now I was going to post, thanks for showing me what kind of people are here who would just ignore all of the facts of Segas history anyway.
Yo-SUP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Yo-SUP
Member since 2013 • 357 Posts

Jakandsigz

So you're saying that the Cd-I beat the Dreamcast??? I can't find this info anywhere. Source pwease. 

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Emerald_Warrior

Dude, I'm not changing anything. TO BE CLEAR: The CD-i is a failure, said so from the beginning, still say so, never didn't say so. It's a complete, absolute, without a shadow of a doubt on God's green earth, one of the most infamous, hated, and looked down upon, monumentul failures in the history of all gaming.

I didn't think I really had to prove this point since it was so incredibly established.

But since you want to argue inane points, I'll back-up my claims.

You want links, fine, here you go:

Wikipedia:

The CD-i was met with overwhelmingly negative reviews that criticized its price, graphics, games and controls. In fact, the CD-i's various controllers were ranked the fifth worst video game controller by IGN editor Craig Harris.[6]PC World (magazine) ranked it as fourth on their list of The 10 Worst Video Game Systems of All Time.[7] Gamepro.com also listed the game as number four on their list of The 10 Worst-Selling Consoles of All Time.[8] In 2008, CNET also listed the system on its list of The worst game console(s) ever.[9] In 2007, GameTrailers ranked the Philips CD-i as the fourth worst console of all time in its Top 10 Worst Console lineup.[10]

Games that were most heavily criticized include Hotel Mario, Link: The Faces of Evil, Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon and Zelda's Adventure. EGM's Seanbaby rated The Wand of Gamelon as one of the worst games of all time.

Sales From Wikipedia:

- And that's ALL models, not your B.S. claim that it only tracks one model.

And again, you keep claiming that TG-16 and Neo Geo are on the same ball park. No freaking way.

Wikipedia TG-16 sales:

10 Million

And I keep clarifying over and over again, the Neo Geo MVS was a top dog in the arcade scene. Regardless, this discussion isn't about Neo Geo, it's about the CD-i being a complete pile of dung.

You are also completely full of crap about it beating the Dreamcast:

10.6 Million

There are also not more fans or fansites for CD-i than there are TG-16 or Neo-Geo sites. That's another pile of o crap you're heaping on the pile.

How about this Game Trailers video counting down the worst consoles of all-time:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/g08xm5/gt-countdown-top-ten-worst-consoles

If then you're argument is that mainstream sites are biased, here's an independent game site's review of the system:

http://videogamecritic.com/cdiinfo.htm

The combination of both critical panning, low sales, and bad-word of mouth combine to make it an undeniable failure of a system.

And all this claiming that this is me not knowing what I'm talking about is a bunch of B.S. Most people here know me and know I'm very into the history of classic gaming, and I know you know the same. We both know I'm not some noob talking out my ass.

The CD-i was a monumental failure that is constantly pointed to as one of the worst gaming has had to offer.

You, and you alone are the only person that thinks the CD-i is somehow a success in any way imaginable.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bultje112

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] How is the company making profit having a system out for around 7 years with around 300 titles with no losses a failure? THe only way you could say it failed, is that it was not the best selling system that generation. But I expected this from people with no experience from the system that use people like AGVN and more to get false ideas. In no category was the system a failure other than it not being a best selling console that generation. 7 or so years on the market with dozens of software, and a lot of nice CD-I only games and best versions of some multiplats. I can't see where the failure is coming from. Jakandsigz

Link?

http://retrovideogamesystems.com/philipsmagnavox-cdi-interactive-player/

http://www.allgame.com/platform.php?id=34

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jakandsigz
I see you pushed stuff aside again, but if you are even going to claim to back up your claims, please respond to the following individually as i address your post
Dude, I'm not changing anything. TO BE CLEAR: The CD-i is a failure, said so from the beginning, still say so, never didn't say so. It's a complete, absolute, without a shadow of a doubt on God's green earth, one of the most infamous, hated, and looked down upon, monumentul failures in the history of all gaming.Emerald_Warrior
You still have yet to prove how it was a failure. [QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]And that's ALL models, not your B.S. claim that it only tracks one model. And again, you keep claiming that TG-16 and Neo Geo are on the same ball park. No freaking way.

No where does your link include all models. in fact, it's clear wikipedias random page has other websites with the same number, because if you actually click on the source it's just taking a random websites word for it,. And yet, it still does not say it's all of them. However, some site do have it being discontinued in 1998. but those were the models that made up the original that the 570,000 is referring to. Because the 670 came out in may 1999 because I had brought it at launch since by laser was acting up with my other one. Since your own sources state 1998, it should be clear there is an issue somewhere isn't there? Please feel free not to notice this as you usually do.
TG16 10 million, And I keep clarifying over and over again, the Neo Geo MVS Emerald_Warrior
No it was not top dog in the arcade seen. it had a few hit games, most of its games aren't that easy to get a copy of and SNK went bankrupt. There most profitable hardware yet was the NGP and NGPC. It also doesn't matter, stop trying to run from the fact you sales logic fails here. Doesn't matter is Tg10 sold 10 million, it still sold a whole league less, and they dropped support real quickly and lost tons and tons of money. The Neo Geo also sold less than the CD-I and actually was cheaper than the Cd-I when it came out for awhile. There is no excuse you can use for this, none.
You are also completely full of crap about it beating the Dreamcast:Emerald_Warrior
I never said it did. You actually showed me again what you will change to try to make yourself look good. What you clearly did was misinterpret the above post and then though you would use it as ownage when he/she above actually was talking about full fledged online gaming. Unless you can find a post that shows i said this.
There are also not more fans or fansites for CD-i than there are TG-16 or Neo-Geo sites. That's another pile of o crap you're heaping on the pile.Emerald_Warrior
I see you are using the "cry about it until they give up" strategy. Sorry, i offered you a list war. Will you start with Tg16 or Neo Geo first? Btw, nice back up for this lol.
How about this Game Trailers video counting down the worst consoles of all-timeEmerald_Warrior
That's nice, i see you don't remember the wikis and public hate for the 3DO, TG16, jaguar, and for a short time the Saturn. You know, being into "history" and all as you claim.
The combination of both critical panning, low sales, and bad-word of mouth combine to make it an undeniable failure of a system.Emerald_Warrior
Failure you say with no real proof. Remember, you did go on a troll run about sales, now you are backing off from that partially and just saying it just to say it at this point. Maybe you don't know the actual definition of failure? Fun fact:

Green Book is the informal name of the Compact Disc Interactive Full Functional Specification, as laid down by Philips, Sony and Microware. It is named after the green cover of the book, and it is in line with the other CD-systems which also bear their own "color"-identification (such as red for CD-Audio, yellow for CD-ROM and white for Video-CD). It was the standard for VCD, Photo CD's and other types of format until 1993, when white book was created for more powerful VCD technology using code from green book. by 1996 White book became the VCD standard and CD-roms had a large lead. By 1998 the Greenbook standard was losing popularity and only Phillips and a few partners went out to get content n the disc format.

But it was a failure. BTW, I wonder why Phillips did what this article says at the bottom right, and for dual-layer DVD no less:
And all this claiming that this is me not knowing what I'm talking about is a bunch of B.S. Most people here know me and know I'm very into the history of classic gamingEmerald_Warrior
Except this is factually wrong because your SNES to CD-I connection which I proved wrong and you completely pushed aside among a few others things I showed like online, shows you could give to craps about gaming history unless you can be Mr. always right bigshot.
You, and you alone are the only person that thinks the CD-i is somehow a success in any way imaginableEmerald_Warrior
Nope. still waiting for those TG16 and Neo Geo fansites. I already have all my links on standby anytime now. I've already done this, please feel free to try and fail. Oh btw, I am still waiting for that proof of the CD-I and the SNES CD thing being related apology after your own source even proved for me that they has nothing to do with each other Mr. I like gaming history. I THINK the main issue here is you actually made yourself forget what the point of this was about and actually believe I think the CD-I is one of the greatest consoles of all time. That's the problem, you think I am looking at the CD-i as a full fledged gaming console. It has good games, it set a standard format for years, it introduced the playstation, and started online gaming correctly for the first time. but go back to the first page when you first crashed the thread for a second, notice in my response post when you names a list of system only one system was bolded.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] How is the company making profit having a system out for around 7 years with around 300 titles with no losses a failure? THe only way you could say it failed, is that it was not the best selling system that generation. But I expected this from people with no experience from the system that use people like AGVN and more to get false ideas. In no category was the system a failure other than it not being a best selling console that generation. 7 or so years on the market with dozens of software, and a lot of nice CD-I only games and best versions of some multiplats. I can't see where the failure is coming from. bultje112

Link?

Interesting how both your links had the Phiilps discontinuing in 1996 when it did not get discontinued untill 1998 as i had already pointed out, Interesting how one of your links talkes about a modem not for the CD-I, and yet I showed that it had online gaming and a webrowser. Interesting that it only included the models that the system became infamous for and now the many others that were made. Interesting how neither talks about Greenbook and how it was successful for nearly a decade. I will say you were right about reports from certain media that it lost tons of money, yet, that ended up being false as shown. But that discontinuation in 1998 and the "reports" in 1996 were only for specific models. The 670 was released in may 1999.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jakandsigz
I see you pushed stuff aside again, but if you are even going to claim to back up your claims, please respond to the following individually as i address your post
Dude, I'm not changing anything. TO BE CLEAR: The CD-i is a failure, said so from the beginning, still say so, never didn't say so. It's a complete, absolute, without a shadow of a doubt on God's green earth, one of the most infamous, hated, and looked down upon, monumentul failures in the history of all gaming.Emerald_Warrior
You still have yet to prove how it was a failure. [QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]And that's ALL models, not your B.S. claim that it only tracks one model. And again, you keep claiming that TG-16 and Neo Geo are on the same ball park. No freaking way.

No where does your link include all models. in fact, it's clear wikipedias random page has other websites with the same number, because if you actually click on the source it's just taking a random websites word for it,. And yet, it still does not say it's all of them. However, some site do have it being discontinued in 1998. but those were the models that made up the original that the 570,000 is referring to. Because the 670 came out in may 1999 because I had brought it at launch since by laser was acting up with my other one. Since your own sources state 1998, it should be clear there is an issue somewhere isn't there? Please feel free not to notice this as you usually do.
TG16 10 million, And I keep clarifying over and over again, the Neo Geo MVS Emerald_Warrior
No it was not top dog in the arcade seen. it had a few hit games, most of its games aren't that easy to get a copy of and SNK went bankrupt. There most profitable hardware yet was the NGP and NGPC. It also doesn't matter, stop trying to run from the fact you sales logic fails here. Doesn't matter is Tg10 sold 10 million, it still sold a whole league less, and they dropped support real quickly and lost tons and tons of money. The Neo Geo also sold less than the CD-I and actually was cheaper than the Cd-I when it came out for awhile. There is no excuse you can use for this, none.
You are also completely full of crap about it beating the Dreamcast:Emerald_Warrior
I never said it did. You actually showed me again what you will change to try to make yourself look good. What you clearly did was misinterpret the above post and then though you would use it as ownage when he/she above actually was talking about full fledged online gaming. Unless you can find a post that shows i said this.
There are also not more fans or fansites for CD-i than there are TG-16 or Neo-Geo sites. That's another pile of o crap you're heaping on the pile.Emerald_Warrior
I see you are using the "cry about it until they give up" strategy. Sorry, i offered you a list war. Will you start with Tg16 or Neo Geo first? Btw, nice back up for this lol.
How about this Game Trailers video counting down the worst consoles of all-timeEmerald_Warrior
That's nice, i see you don't remember the wikis and public hate for the 3DO, TG16, jaguar, and for a short time the Saturn. You know, being into "history" and all as you claim.
The combination of both critical panning, low sales, and bad-word of mouth combine to make it an undeniable failure of a system.Emerald_Warrior
Failure you say with no real proof. Remember, you did go on a troll run about sales, now you are backing off from that partially and just saying it just to say it at this point. Maybe you don't know the actual definition of failure? Fun fact:

Green Book is the informal name of the Compact Disc Interactive Full Functional Specification, as laid down by Philips, Sony and Microware. It is named after the green cover of the book, and it is in line with the other CD-systems which also bear their own "color"-identification (such as red for CD-Audio, yellow for CD-ROM and white for Video-CD). It was the standard for VCD, Photo CD's and other types of format until 1993, when white book was created for more powerful VCD technology using code from green book. by 1996 White book became the VCD standard and CD-roms had a large lead. By 1998 the Greenbook standard was losing popularity and only Phillips and a few partners went out to get content n the disc format.

But it was a failure. BTW, I wonder why Phillips did what this article says at the bottom right, and for dual-layer DVD no less:
And all this claiming that this is me not knowing what I'm talking about is a bunch of B.S. Most people here know me and know I'm very into the history of classic gamingEmerald_Warrior
Except this is factually wrong because your SNES to CD-I connection which I proved wrong and you completely pushed aside among a few others things I showed like online, shows you could give to craps about gaming history unless you can be Mr. always right bigshot.
You, and you alone are the only person that thinks the CD-i is somehow a success in any way imaginableEmerald_Warrior
Nope. still waiting for those TG16 and Neo Geo fansites. I already have all my links on standby anytime now. I've already done this, please feel free to try and fail. Oh btw, I am still waiting for that proof of the CD-I and the SNES CD thing being related apology after your own source even proved for me that they has nothing to do with each other Mr. I like gaming history. I THINK the main issue here is you actually made yourself forget what the point of this was about and actually believe I think the CD-I is one of the greatest consoles of all time. That's the problem, you think I am looking at the CD-i as a full fledged gaming console. It has good games, it set a standard format for years, it introduced the playstation, and started online gaming correctly for the first time. but go back to the first page when you first crashed the thread for a second, notice in my response post when you names a list of system only one system was bolded.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jakandsigz
Now before people start thinking random things like Emerald_warrior because people like things that they don't let me make something real clear. I like the CD-i (oh no someone likes something that I don't like and I won't bother to do research for why!), but it seems, at least with 2-3 people in the thread that they are not looking at why i like the system and instead are assuming, even though it was never said earlier, that i am putting it up with high fledged gaming consoles. Here's the thing, the CD-i is an impressive ahead of its format, and the CD-I devices are all very innovative and great. There are also a ton of good games, it gave birth to the Playstation and multimedia gaming in general influencing devices like 3DO and so on. in fact, the multimedia of consoles today owes a lot to the CD-I. it also was the first to do console online gaming right. Some discs (which are hard to find) even showing they worked with Microsoft at some points. the first cross-country online game on consoles as well, which was impressive for a system that wasn't made to run 3D like games well. It's success spawned the White Book standard and the DVD standard as well. But that's jsut the ting people are not getting. The CD-i was an important console for the industry of the media, and gaming in terms of media, with some great titles to show for it, but that's it. Do I place the CD-i in my top 10 system of all time? No. maybe top 15. Yes, it had great games, but i see the CD-i as the standard setting box,. it came to move progress forward and that's it. it served no other possible purpose. Back then, it was well worth it to spend tons of money on CD-I players. Now, not so much. I mean around $150 or lower depending on the model (I may be willing to pay $200 if I find the built into TV model) is all I would pay today for it. I brought a basic model for $30 a couple years back that I would have paid $500 for when it was relevant. But i would gladly spend $300 on a 3DO or PSX Net yaroozie on Amazon or Ebay. What people don't seem to understand is the CD-i is for better or worse the most important piece of software for modern gaming. All the companies that made their own CD-i's saw this importance. There are people who do think the CD-i is the best system of all time, but for different reasons. The Cd-i machines were for those who to be honest with a few exceptions, in the younger audience market, it was for maturer gamers and people interested in having a multi-media device. it had software in it's 200+ library that catered to almost everyone wile something like the SNES and Genesis only really catered to one specific group. With that said, I do not put the CD-i over the Genesis and SNES of the generation as a certain subject changer would like you to believe. maybe in importance but that is about it. Not all important things deserve to be the number one most popular thing making hundreds of billions, although the CD-i did not do to shabby itself. BUT of 4th generation systems it was the system that basically shaped the current industry in terms of the format used to play games, the spawning of certain systems, and how they are designed. That's all it is to me though, and important piece of history that shaped the industry, and some fun titles to boot. But, it was no genesis or Snes, at least in terms of gaming. Other ways, yes, but gaming? not really.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"] Link?Jakandsigz

Interesting how both your links had the Phiilps discontinuing in 1996 when it did not get discontinued untill 1998 as i had already pointed out, Interesting how one of your links talkes about a modem not for the CD-I, and yet I showed that it had online gaming and a webrowser. Interesting that it only included the models that the system became infamous for and now the many others that were made. Interesting how neither talks about Greenbook and how it was successful for nearly a decade. I will say you were right about reports from certain media that it lost tons of money, yet, that ended up being false as shown. But that discontinuation in 1998 and the "reports" in 1996 were only for specific models. The 670 was released in may 1999.

And none of that changes the fact that it was an abysmal failure both critically and sales-wise. Instead of trying to accuse of us of ignoring all these facts about the CD-i that has nothing to do with the price of tea in china; why are YOU ignoring the FACT that it was a critical and sales disaster?

And NOBODY thinks the CD-i is the best console ever. That is the most ridiculous claim you've made here yet. Except for maybe you, and if you do I seriously question your taste in video games.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="bultje112"]

Emerald_Warrior

And none of that changes the fact that it was an abysmal failure both critically and sales-wise. Instead of trying to accuse of us of ignoring all these facts about the CD-i that has nothing to do with the price of tea in china; why are YOU ignoring the FACT that it was a critical and sales disaster?

And NOBODY thinks the CD-i is the best console ever. That is the most ridiculous claim you've made here yet. Except for maybe you, and if you do I seriously question your taste in video games.

it's very sad you did not read one thing, and you continue to make yourself look like a idiot over and over and over again. You clearly don't know what critically means which is quite odd and concerning since that is known by people with a 4th grade education. this also applies to sales disaster, in order for something to be a sales disaster, they would have had to have such poor sales and profits, that they would have had to back out,. instead there are CD-i players being INTRODUCED in 1999 from a system that came out in 1991!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why are you so dumb that you can't comprehend the fact that if what anything you have yet to prove is true, then it would not have been around for nearly 10 years, ti wouldn't have had its own standard format of CD, and it would not have had multiple companies making their OWN!!!!!!!!! How can you be this closed minded. bigoted, and freaking idiotic????

except maybe you

The thing about you is you don't read peoples post, you jsn't make up your own words over and over again and completely push the facts to the site. I even had a post telling it was not even in my top 10 systems, which you ignored. In fact, all you did was just ignore almost every post, and completely ignore all your failures You have been since the beginning, been disrespectful during this :debate' of which I put in quotes because you spend the entire time trying to push your view onto me, and then changing words around to try to look like I said something I did not. I believe you still have yet to address these Mr. i think i know everything:
And regarding the PSX vs. CD-i comparison you made: You realize that it's other way around, right? CD-i would not exist if not for the PlayStation. Emerald_Warrior
"You are also completely full of crap about it beating the Dreamcast:Emerald_Warrior
Please explain to me, especially the first which i proved you wrong and you ignored, and the 2nd because you never actually looked and read anything that was being presented to you, why you have yet to address these? It seems that at this point you are trying you very hardest to push your lack of knowledge to the side, and try to replace them with the same posts with no real back-up again and again to save face. People know you around here? I doubt that, maybe NOW they do seeing as how you are a closed minded-rose tinted troll. Explain the three points above. If you are so into history, how come the first quote was proven wrong, and that your own wikipedia source for it sucking (with tons of missing info) also had it existing when the NES came out? How come, you aren't reading whole posts in the debate? What is the point of you trying to prove you are not a closed-minded idiot that pretend he is into gaming history if one person posting one thing somehow got you to believe that I was saying it beat than the Dreamcast? I never said that. The person who said it was talking about online, which btw, if you are interested in gaming history how come you keep ignoring the online facts as well? And how may I ask, you make the third claim with no back-up whatsoever and I even let you have the first move/ how come you keep pushing that out of the way eh? The issue here is that any sane adult who would like to have a direct debate with you can't because you have the brain of a child you will not stop these disrespectful methods until you are considered right. You believe if you do it enough times people will believe what you say without you having to prove anything or read anything, it's sad. Your own closed-minded ego is what derailed the thread in the first place oddly enough. If you want to actually have a discussion with some one, which could also be informative, how about addressing each point like you have not done this whole thread) be respectful, stop with your "lalalala" and actually read each side. i read all your badly written posts, and it seems from all of them you have no interest in learning anything about "history" and instead are just here to tolllalalalala this thread until I give up which just shows me once again you are a child. So are you for the last time, actually going to try this time? Or will you continue to show your lack of knowledge to feed that big head of yours?