Your favorite CD-i games?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts
^Also for someone telling me I am ignoring the facts, you sure get your facts wrong, let's see if you will actually have a civilized debate this time. Of course, you didn't the last 100 times, and your fake claim to back-up your points also resulted into not reading. Btw, I usually post twice in a row like this for a reason, the reason is that it tests you to see if you will read the whole first post or skim it and see this post and then respond without reading any of the information in the first post or only a piece of it, and so far you hit that nail every single time.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#52 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Critical failure means no critics liked it, which they didn't.

And sales disaster = a MEASLY 570,000 units sold, and if that number is from 1991-1999 like you say, then that's even sadder. I didn't even realize it was a pathetic 9 year run and all they got was 570,000 :lol:

Are you sure it's me that's having problems with my comprehension?

Look, you like the CD-i, that much is clear. Which is fine. I like hair metal, and no one else does.

But you sitting here trying to claim it's some success is frankly just laughable.

And the fact that you went to this much length to try and prove it a success, when the rest of the gaming community already knows it's a failure, is like arguing with someone about the sky being blue. It's already been documented and proven. You're wrong before you even start your argument.

It does all this neat stuff, cool. It was the first to do this or that, cool. But it still failed.

570,000 is a miserable failure, by any means. Even the Virtual Boy sold more, for crying out loud.

Yo-SUP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Yo-SUP
Member since 2013 • 357 Posts
Since you guys keep evading points that are brought up, and Jak has yet to explain the Online portion I'll throw in my two cents and I think every one will agree with me. I consider all consoles with at least 10 great games (not ok, not passable, not meh) worth buying, Anytime I can have a pile of games in both hands is something quite a few consoles have failed to do for me. I think the CD-i is good but let me make this very very clear. It is a Terrible, abysmal, toilet wiping, abominable, insulting, lacking, poor, inexcusable bad gaming console. Reading the other thread by the TC, it may have been an important system for media and combining that with gaming, but it is a terrible, awful, you get the point game system. [Indent]The CD-I being discussed here by both sides as a game system make no sense to me. It was a Super Media System that did everything. It was made by Sony and Phillips, and its legacy helped those two make great products later on. When I think of the CD-I I play it for its few great games, its movies, its technology. It is a Super Media Player that was ok in the early 90's. But that's it, there is no comparing the CD-i to the SNES or the Saturn because it's not a game system. Even the wikipedia page on the CD-I says that as a games console it was seen as a commercial failure. This is because it was.

/End of thread /Cue applause (also why can't I indent paragraphs?)
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Jakandsigz

Critical failure means no critics liked it, which they didn't.

And sales disaster = a MEASLY 570,000 units sold, and if that number is from 1991-1999 like you say, then that's even sadder. I didn't even realize it was a pathetic 9 year run and all they got was 570,000 :lol:

Are you sure it's me that's having problems with my comprehension?

Look, you like the CD-i, that much is clear. Which is fine. I like hair metal, and no one else does.

But you sitting here trying to claim it's some success is frankly just laughable.

And the fact that you went to this much length to try and prove it a success, when the rest of the gaming community already knows it's a failure, is like arguing with someone about the sky being blue. It's already been documented and proven. You're wrong before you even start your argument.

It does all this neat stuff, cool. It was the first to do this or that, cool. But it still failed.

570,000 is a miserable failure, by any means. Even the Virtual Boy sold more, for crying out loud.

Emerald_Warrior
Again you have completely fled from your mistakes without at least acknowledging them, but at the same time your stubbornness to refuse to be wrong had me digging a bit deeper into the CD-i and I stumped across two interesting articles. One of them is this: {quote]Philips Media aims to dramatically increase the installed base of CD-i players in the US via a USDlr15 mil advertising campaign, reduced hardware prices and retail distribution which has almost doubled in the last 90 days. There are currently some 1 mil CD-i players installed globally.

and one of them is this:

Some 60k CD-I drives were sold in France by end-1994, with the global market reaching 700k-800k units. The report has advised the formulation of policy on digitalisation, production and distribution to encourage market growth.

And most notably this: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=IqMaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=Ii0EAAAAIBAJ&pg=6614,7897814&dq=philips+cd-i+1+million&hl=en Both the top and bottom are consistent. This was in 1994, when the CD-i strategy was changed up. So i think it is expected that it did a bit over 1 million. It sometimes does good to dig in old archives, of course, most are greedy and expect you to pay for decades old articles, but I should probably get these links to the internet databases to change the CD-i figures.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Emerald_Warrior

Tell me, how could there be 1 million CD-i players out there, when only 570,000 sold?

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Jakandsigz

Tell me, how could there be 1 million CD-i players out there, when only 570,000 sold?

Emerald_Warrior
You are arguing with actual reports now? You do realist that the number you posted doesn't come from anywhere right? Even the Wikipedia source is someone just bring up that number. I have found articles for 800,000, 100,000 in the UK only, 50,000 and 60,000 for france, and yet 570,00 is nowhere to be found. it's one of the many issues on the fan forums as well. But now you are beating and just saying accurate sources, two no less which are complete consistent and back in time, are wrong. yet there is no place where your number actually exist. n ot to mention, it was only a few Phillips systems and I believe it was only in the U.S. anyway. There are sites suggesting more as well, but I am not paying $2.95 per every one article screw that. It make sense to, Business Wire had them projecting 850,00 due to all the manufactures jumping and making systems and the tons of support at the time. So i guess I should trust you over relaible news sources Mr. I am into gaming history.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Jakandsigz

You are arguing with actual reports now? You do realist that the number you posted doesn't come from anywhere right? Even the Wikipedia source is someone just bring up that number. I have found articles for 800,000, 100,000 in the UK only, 50,000 and 60,000 for france, and yet 570,00 is nowhere to be found. it's one of the many issues on the fan forums as well. But now you are beating and just saying accurate sources, two no less which are complete consistent and back in time, are wrong. yet there is no place where your number actually exist. n ot to mention, it was only a few Phillips systems and I believe it was only in the U.S. anyway. There are sites suggesting more as well, but I am not paying $2.95 per every one article screw that. It make sense to, Business Wire had them projecting 850,00 due to all the manufactures jumping and making systems and the tons of support at the time. So i guess I should trust you over relaible news sources Mr. I am into gaming history.

Why don't you think it exists? And what makes you think Wikipedia just pulled the number from "some guy"? It says GamePro.com.

I don't think you're getting it. I'm not ignoring you're facts above for the hell of it, I'm not replying to them because of none of that crap about what CD-i does, what it did first, how significant the tech is matters in the least when talking about it failing or not.

2 things matter here:

ABYSMAL SALES AND CRITICAL PANNING!

That's what I've said from the beginning, and that's what I continue to say. You keep calling me stubborn for reititerating that, but facts are facts. And no matter how many figures and reports you pull out, it doesn't change that it failed, terribly, horribly, miserably, abysmally F-A-I-L-E-D. Like I said, even the Virtual Boy sold more.

If the only thing that mattered about consoles was technological achievement and being the first at doing things, then the Atari Jaguar should've been the top console that generation, it wasn't. And no matter how much you tout the piece of plastic crap that is the CD-i as the next big thing in the 90s, the rest of the world disagreed with you and the numbers prove it.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Emerald_Warrior

Why don't you think it exists? And what makes you think Wikipedia just pulled the number from "some guy"? It says GamePro.com.

I don't think you're getting it. I'm not ignoring you're facts above for the hell of it, I'm not replying to them because of none of that crap about what CD-i does, what it did first, how significant the tech is matters in the least when talking about it failing or not.

2 things matter here:

ABYSMAL SALES AND CRITICAL PANNING!

That's what I've said from the beginning, and that's what I continue to say. You keep calling me stubborn for reititerating that, but facts are facts. And no matter how many figures and reports you pull out, it doesn't change that it failed, terribly, horribly, miserably, abysmally F-A-I-L-E-D. Like I said, even the Virtual Boy sold more.

If the only thing that mattered about consoles was technological achievement and being the first at doing things, then the Atari Jaguar should've been the top console that generation, it wasn't. And no matter how much you tout the piece of plastic crap that is the CD-i as the next big thing in the 90s, the rest of the world disagreed with you and the numbers prove it.

Gamepro.com pulled it out their as with no link to any article that shows the number. I posted 2 official documents showing it sold 1 million in 1994, so know, you refuse to learn anything about how wrong you were. The things you are not replying to are mistakes and you know that's what I am calling you out on. Such like saying the CD-I would not exist without Nintendo or the "Play Station" lol. Why do you keep running from those 5 big mistakes historian? It's not me that doesn't get it, it's you. I now have disprove your under 1 million theory and you are now officially freaking out. Heaven for bit if I find an article where they sold more than 1 million you might have a heart attack. I also never said the CD-I was a top console, I even have a different thread made from that, which you ignored. Damn it must be hard on you, getting owned like this every 3 seconds. No interest in gaming history whatsoever. Hey look another article in the same year saying the CD-i sold one million: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=fvAjAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MO0DAAAAIBAJ&pg=6925,7664744&dq=philips+cd-i+owners+worldwide&hl=en Oh, but that's not all, I have tons of articles spitting out praise for the system and tons reporting on it, would you like to see those to or will you commit suicide :lol: So that's 3 now? Royale Gazette had an article to that i am not paying for, and the search isn't working for some reason so it was almost 4 for a second there. Seriously, bottom line, what point are you trying to prove? It's a failure? You still have not done that. Your first argument was sales, that backfired, you then spat nonsense of it being full of edutainment, you showed me nothing, I explained that I don't think the CD-i is a great games console, you make up a post where I put it in the same line as the SNES, you keep using the 5700,00 measly argument to get out of your mistakes, I post 3 articles showing 1 million world wide, what do you even have left? You lost, move on bro. As a system it was not a failure. you could say it did not do to hot in the gaming seen (at the start of the thread i clearly highlighted only the TG16 being worse.) but to say the system was a failure overall is laughable. Prove it, give me facts, stop ignoring and backpedaling. You want to prove its a failure> Post something that show it was a failure. Don't post articles from Wikipedia as a way to show me it was, and then in this post criticize Wikipedia as a source! :lol: that just makes you look worse than you already are. speaking of articlesI can give you a tons of article praising the CD-i and supporting it. The "hate" for the CD-I did not happen till around year and year after it was discontinued by disinformation and people like the AVGN. Period, want to see them let me know, you have nothing left already. After you recover from the near heart attack of the CD-I selling 1 million+ units. :)
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Emerald_Warrior

Okay then, you and "The Royal Gazette", are absolutely right. Me, Wikipedia, GamePro, and like every other gaming list ever on the worst consoles in history are all wrong. The CD-i was a smashing success. Argument over.

Yo-SUP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Yo-SUP

Okay then, you and "The Royal Gazette", are absolutely right. Me, Wikipedia, GamePro, and like every other gaming list ever on the worst consoles in history are all wrong. The CD-i was a smashing success. Argument over.

Emerald_Warrior
None of those links were the Golden Gazette and were news paper articles bro. I think again, you guys are looking it as a game console when it was not a game console. So of course it failed as a games console.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Jakandsigz

Emerald_Warrior
Wikipedia uses a gamepro link :lol: but also showed you were wrong about Philips Cd-i history by having it being announced and released around 1986 at the same time! (And you criticized wikipedia likke one post ago:lol:) BTW, I said the goldengazeette didn't work, so you literally did not read, go kill yourself you failure. Sorry, you should be banned reported. No one can be this stupid and disrespectful. Here are those 3 links again showing one million for your crying ass (interesting, not one is goldengazette): http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=fvAjAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MO0DAAAAIBAJ&pg=6925,7664744&dq=philips+cd-i+owners+worldwide&hl=en http://www.telecompaper.com/news/philips-aims-to-increase-cdi-installed-base--39393 http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=IqMaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=Ii0EAAAAIBAJ&pg=6614,7897814&dq=philips+cd-i+1+million&hl=en (factually new articles with linked sources and not people talking out there ass? But of course you would ignore these like your various last mistakes like the CD-I existing because of Nintendo and the Play Station :lol think you are the system of failure here) Thanks for not reading one thing and trying to act like you are always right and failing this whoile thread, i suggest you leave this part of the site since ypu have proven you give no craps about gaming history and no craps about learning about older systems. A liar and a person who is dishonest and changes words, makes post without reading whole articles so that people would be misinformed, despicable. I have no more business with you. (Inb4 "lalalalal I make no mistakes, lalalalal, I did not read I am going to post something unrelated, lalalalal i like gaming history people know me, alalalla, some facts that are wrong, lalallalaal, pushing my mistakes to the side" your trolling isn't really good though, it's more disrespectful, childish and irritating more than naything, no use even trying with you anymore.)
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Emerald_Warrior

Dude, I said I concede and you win, just because I'm sick of arguing such a ridiculous thing. And you comeback with insults and name calling, then have the nerve to say I'm the disrespectful liar.

Go get help.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Jakandsigz

Dude, I said I concede and you win, just because I'm sick of arguing such a ridiculous thing. And you comeback with insults and name calling, then have the nerve to say I'm the disrespectful liar.

Go get help.

Emerald_Warrior
No, you are a liar and disrespectful anyone who can read will agree with you anyone if they read the whole argument. You are a sad person. It is you that needs help. Where is that post where I said It beat the DC again? You made it up. Where did I say that the CD-I is the best console? You mad it up. Why won't you admit you know nothing about gaming history including even the SNES CD itself;f which apparently is one of your favorite systems? Because your childish. The end period, prove me wrong, all your posts are quoted word twisting liar. Try editing, the edit date will show up. If you want I could post all of them in one page in parts for you to read, but then again, you would probably make a post after claiming I claimed I brought England or something of your usual nature. Like I said all of them are quoted you screwed up a lot, an embarrassment. At this point I think you are just trying to satisfy your ego by repeating the same sentence over and over.\ i hear it was a bit hotter in hell this weekend, you might like it there.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Emerald_Warrior

Again, you win. The CD-i was awesome, it was a big success that everyone loved, and I'm completely wrong. I'm the only one that hates the CD-i and I only hate it because I want to troll you to ruin your life and tarnish the good name of CD-i.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

Yo-SUP

None of those links were the Golden Gazette and were news paper articles bro. I think again, you guys are looking it as a game console when it was not a game console. So of course it failed as a games console.

it also failed terribly as media device. Look I'm from the netherlands, where philips is a big company and cdi actually sold quite well. it is well known and documented here how much cdi failed. it caused many people to get fired and it costs tjem over a billion dollars.

Yo-SUP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Yo-SUP

[QUOTE="Yo-SUP"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

bultje112

it also failed terribly as media device. Look I'm from the netherlands, where philips is a big company and cdi actually sold quite well. it is well known and documented here how much cdi failed. it caused many people to get fired and it costs tjem over a billion dollars.

I'm not talking about CD-I hardware like you 3 are. I'm talking about the actual CD-I. The media itself, as in, the disc. Kind to think of it, os9 2.4 did well enough to be spread on other machines to. I could give you my uncle's shit for the machines. Smelly :)

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Jakandsigz

Again, you win. The CD-i was awesome, it was a big success that everyone loved, and I'm completely wrong. I'm the only one that hates the CD-i and I only hate it because I want to troll you to ruin your life and tarnish the good name of CD-i.

Emerald_Warrior
I never said any of those things, please keep lying, keep making yourself look like an idiot. over and over again. Why you are lying you should be looking up facts about the things you don't know (lol at Philips releasing the CD-I because of Nintendo) You sure like to lie and make up history a lot. I beat your measly 570,000, I beat your lack of gaming knowledge, I showed you don't read full posts, and now all you have left is filthy lies. When did I say the CD-i was a big success and everyone loved it filth?
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Yo-SUP"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

bultje112

Your definition of fail is just as odd as Emerald_warriors but at least you seem a bit more honest with your post. The median did die off, Phillips supported it ling after it was obeselte which is why they lost tons of money. At first, the CD-I had done really well. It spawned the Video CD, the tech experience that led to the Playstation, and the first online gaming console that also worked with Microsoft. In 1993, Video CD or the Whitebook Cd format had already become a fast growing standard that surpassed the Cd-i format by 1995 way ahead, cutting it growth, Phillips ketp the thing alive since the install base would not budge, but that;s when it stopped making a profit. Overall, the format made more money than it lost, so its not like the thing made them go negative 1 billion which is why i said they did not really lose that much overall. Here

A lot of 'Video CDs' were created in this Green book (CD-i) standard. These Video CDs are not according to the White Book standard which became THE Video CD standard.

CD-I made it to a million in 1994, if it cut there, you wouldn't even be mentioning the loses.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Emerald_Warrior

Jakandsigz

I never said any of those things, please keep lying, keep making yourself look like an idiot. over and over again. Why you are lying you should be looking up facts about the things you don't know (lol at Philips releasing the CD-I because of Nintendo) You sure like to lie and make up history a lot. I beat your measly 570,000, I beat your lack of gaming knowledge, I showed you don't read full posts, and now all you have left is filthy lies. When did I say the CD-i was a big success and everyone loved it filth?

How do you see what I wrote, and then what you wrote, and continue to act like I'm the jerk here, seriously? I'm not the one throwing personal insults and name calling out there.

If you didn't say it was ever a success, then what was that entire tirade you went on to prove that it wasn't a failure? If something isn't a failure, that leaves one other option.

AND I SAID YOU WIN, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Emerald_Warrior

How do you see what I wrote, and then what you wrote, and continue to act like I'm the jerk here, seriously? I'm not the one throwing personal insults and name calling out there.

If you didn't say it was ever a success, then what was that entire tirade you went on to prove that it wasn't a failure? If something isn't a failure, that leaves one other option.

AND I SAID YOU WIN, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!

Really now? You have been making stuff up, making up history lessons, and basically lyings this while thread and trolling. I already have a post right here that has a list of some of your bigger jackass posts: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29434131/your-favorite-cd-i-games?page=2 You kept saying the system was a failure overall, I provided numerous post and sources showing it was not. Your whole argument at the beginning was based on thinking for no reason, even after I showed otherwise numerous times, that I put the thing on a pedestal that stood up to the SNES ertc, and then kept talking about sales. It was a success for what it did, as I posted many times before. Its sales mean nothing and its games mean nothing, the CD-i players introduced the CD-I disc, and spawned thing that many people like such as DVD and the damned Playstation. Stop narrowing your view of what success is. It's clear you are saying I win over and over because you are running out of room very fast. You were saying it was a failure based on a assumption that was already proven wrong, sales (ignoring pricing), and making your definition of success narrowed to "it must 40 million units world wide" and "It was hated for its games. The latter is completely dumb to rate the system overall, I would not have mentioned all those things I did if you were not clearly looking at it the wrong way. Thank you for playing. Now, i will conduct an informative post on the Online with CD-i.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#71 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Emerald_Warrior

lol

Stop feeding this weirdo, Emerald. These threads in which Another48Hours argues a ridiculous point and gets all aggressive and butthurt when people don't agree with him are beginning to feel like deja vu.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 GreySeal9

Jakandsigz

Filth? Man, you take this sh!t seriously. lol.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Jakandsigz

GreySeal9

lol

Stop feeding this weirdo, Emerald. These threads in which Another48Hours argues a ridiculous point and gets all aggressive and butthurt when people don't agree with him are beginning to feel like deja vu.

I think you may need to read the whole threa,d the link i posted above your post, and hist first responses in the thread. if you did you would not be talking about "not agreeing" But hey, I figured his continuous efforts to ignore all the mistakes and misinformation he made to just keep saying "lala' would effect you small minded people. I hope someone will eventually read the whole thing and see that I was the victim. but i will sit here and wait for you to do the same thing and call it a day.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

Jakandsigz

lol

I think you may need to read the whole threa,d the link i posted above your post, and hist first responses in the thread. if you did you would not be talking about "not agreeing" But hey, I figured his continuous efforts to ignore all the mistakes and misinformation he made to just keep saying "lala' would effect you small minded people. I hope someone will eventually read the whole thing and see that I was the victim. but i will sit here and wait for you to do the same thing and call it a day.

"Victim." :lol:

You poor baby. Do you need a hug?

Yo-SUP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Yo-SUP

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

lol

GreySeal9

:lol:
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

lol

GreySeal9

Exactly what were you trying to accomplish with that statement? All you did was prove me right of you not even going to attempt to read this short 4 page thread so I guess we are done here.