Would you put the Xbox's quality over the PS2's quantity?

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for MicrosoftVP_Ted
MicrosoftVP_Ted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MicrosoftVP_Ted
Member since 2013 • 82 Posts
I like to envision the Xbox as the only quality entertainment interactive on the market the 6th generation of gaming consoles, and it is so. While not to far off from the PS2 library, would you agree that exclusives and shared with others, that the Xbox simply had more quality assured than the PS2? You can talk about quantity, however, tons of games in genres that the PS2 is not strong act are sub-par compared to the engaging experience on the Xbox other than japanese developed Action-Adventure and Role-playing titles, which at the time were all very similar and are not actually relevant.
wiicube64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wiicube64
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts

I personally can't. While the Xbox was a fine system, its few great exclusives can't match the PS2's HUGE list of amazing content. Also, I like RPGs so its easy to see why I would prefer the PS2.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

The XBOX had better graphics, no doubt about it, but the amount of quality games on the PS2 outnumber the amount on the original XBOX 5 to 1, if not 10 to 1. I love the original XBOX, but doesn't compete in quality, at least in terms of overall great games on each respective system.

MicrosoftVP_Ted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MicrosoftVP_Ted

I personally can't. While the Xbox was a fine system, its few great exclusives can't match the PS2's HUGE list of amazing content. Also, I like RPGs so its easy to see why I would prefer the PS2.

wiicube64
There are Rpgs on the Xbox, and few exclusives is a misinformation. I would suggest further research.
MicrosoftVP_Ted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MicrosoftVP_Ted

The XBOX had better graphics, no doubt about it, but the amount of quality games on the PS2 outnumber the amount on the original XBOX 5 to 1, if not 10 to 1. I love the original XBOX, but doesn't compete in quality, at least in terms of overall great games on each respective system.

Shenmue_Jehuty
With the PS2 having slightly over 1000 or so more games, I do not see how you get 10 to one when most of the PS2 games that aren't bad when you keep digging through the library are usually shared with something else. Unless I am reading the game lists wrong. I will say the PS2 did become quite a seller, the First Playstation proved to be quite beneficial, in that as well as no real competition and DVD at launch,
wiicube64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wiicube64
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts
[QUOTE="wiicube64"]

MicrosoftVP_Ted
There are Rpgs on the Xbox, and few exclusives is a misinformation. I would suggest further research.

There are RPGs on the Xbox but certainly not as many as there are on the PS2, especially when we're talking JRPGs. The only exclusives that ever interested me on the Xbox that come to mind immediately are Halo, Halo 2, Jet Set Radio 2, Voodoo Vince, Fable..and if I wanted to stretch it further I GUESS I could put KOTOR, and Morrowind. All I'm saying is that the system never interested me personally. The Gamecube and the PS2 both had better exclusive lineups for me.
MicrosoftVP_Ted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MicrosoftVP_Ted
[QUOTE="MicrosoftVP_Ted"][QUOTE="wiicube64"]

wiicube64

There are RPGs on the Xbox but certainly not as many as there are on the PS2, especially when we're talking JRPGs. The only exclusives that ever interested me on the Xbox that come to mind immediately are Halo, Halo 2, Jet Set Radio 2, Voodoo Vince, Fable..and if I wanted to stretch it further I GUESS I could put KOTOR, and Morrowind. All I'm saying is that the system never interested me personally. The Gamecube and the PS2 both had better exclusive lineups for me.

I would say they are pretty near eachother in the Rpgs department, PS2 lacks Wrpgs severely. Fable isn't really an exclusive.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="MicrosoftVP_Ted"][QUOTE="wiicube64"]

wiicube64

Much better RPGS on the XBox, IMO. Action RPGS are much more fun than the now cliched JRPG genre, and the XBox was full of them:

• Arx Fatalis
  • Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
  • Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • Fable
  • Jade Empire
  • Justice League: Heroes
  • Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
  • X-Men Legends
  • X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse

Between all those action-RPGs, and other awesome exclusives like Halo 1 & 2, Ninja Gaiden, MechAssault 1 & 2, and Crimson Skies; it was my console of choice during that generation after the Dreamcast fizzled out. The XBox Live was LEAGUES ahead of the competion in the online department. And on top of all of that, XBox usually always had the best version of multiplatform games.

Nowdays, all the 6th generation systems are so cheap, that's it's worth owning them all. Because they all have great exclusives and libraries of games.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

I like to envision the Xbox as the only quality entertainment interactive on the market the 6th generation of gaming consoles, and it is so. While not to far off from the PS2 library, would you agree that exclusives and shared with others, that the Xbox simply had more quality assured than the PS2? You can talk about quantity, however, tons of games in genres that the PS2 is not strong act are sub-par compared to the engaging experience on the Xbox other than japanese developed Action-Adventure and Role-playing titles, which at the time were all very similar and are not actually relevant.MicrosoftVP_Ted

Not really, no.

While the PS2 has plenty of crap on offer, the good stuff will still outnumber those on XBox simply because of larger quantities overall.

And even though i haven't checked, i'm sure the XBox has its fair share of crap too. Probably with a similar ratio to PS2 just involving smaller numbers.

I don't understand why such a fuss is made over exclusives, i don't miss what i can't have. And those which are exclusive usually have something similar on the other system anyway.

Where the XBox beat the PS2 was in the graphics department.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

MicrosoftVP_Ted

With the PS2 having slightly over 1000 or so more games, I do not see how you get 10 to one when most of the PS2 games that aren't bad when you keep digging through the library are usually shared with something else. Unless I am reading the game lists wrong. I will say the PS2 did become quite a seller, the First Playstation proved to be quite beneficial, in that as well as no real competition and DVD at launch,

I'm pretty sure you're the same guy who was banned about a month ago for making a similar argument (possibly Another48Hours) so I'm not going to get into with you. There are over 10,000 PS2 games released since it launched (look it up if you don't believe me), and even if you say only 500 are worth owning, it still dwarfs the XBOX in that department. I'm done with this thread now.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Emerald_Warrior

I'm pretty sure you're the same guy who was banned about a month ago for making a similar argument (possibly Another48Hours) so I'm not going to get into with you.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Isn't it sad that we have to screen like every new member to the Legacy Platforms forum now? 48 really screwed things up here.

MicrosoftVP_Ted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MicrosoftVP_Ted

[QUOTE="MicrosoftVP_Ted"]I like to envision the Xbox as the only quality entertainment interactive on the market the 6th generation of gaming consoles, and it is so. While not to far off from the PS2 library, would you agree that exclusives and shared with others, that the Xbox simply had more quality assured than the PS2? You can talk about quantity, however, tons of games in genres that the PS2 is not strong act are sub-par compared to the engaging experience on the Xbox other than japanese developed Action-Adventure and Role-playing titles, which at the time were all very similar and are not actually relevant.BarbaricAvatar

Not really, no.

While the PS2 has plenty of crap on offer, the good stuff will still outnumber those on XBox simply because of larger quantities overall.

And even though i haven't checked, i'm sure the XBox has its fair share of crap too. Probably with a similar ratio to PS2 just involving smaller numbers.

I don't understand why such a fuss is made over exclusives, i don't miss what i can't have. And those which are exclusive usually have something similar on the other system anyway.

Where the XBox beat the PS2 was in the graphics department.

That's not even close to how it works. Most of the PS2's highest rated games are chared witht he Xbox which usually runs better. Heck, the PS2's best selling game has more features (If I recall) and runs better, and looks better, and has a consistent frame rate.
MicrosoftVP_Ted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MicrosoftVP_Ted

[QUOTE="MicrosoftVP_Ted"][QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

I'm pretty sure you're the same guy who was banned about a month ago for making a similar argument (possibly Another48Hours) so I'm not going to get into with you. There are over 10,000 PS2 games released since it launched (look it up if you don't believe me), and even if you say only 500 are worth owning, it still dwarfs the XBOX in that department. I'm done with this thread now.

You do know that the 10,000 includes outer-language names, bundles, and some other things right? Realistically, yes the PS2 has over 2,000 or so games, and I never denied that it had the bigger library. I am asking if you would put the Xbox quality over the Xboxes quality, and I was addressing your 10-1 which makes no logical sense when a large portion of PS2 games formed from a random list will likely be shared on the Xbox. So thank you for answering the thread, your answer is no.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

I'm pretty sure you're the same guy who was banned about a month ago for making a similar argument (possibly Another48Hours) so I'm not going to get into with you.

Emerald_Warrior

Isn't it sad that we have to screen like every new member to the Legacy Platforms forum now? 48 really screwed things up here.

It really is :/. I remember when Legacy Forum was relatively troll free and we all just discussed our love of gaming without idiots making ridiculous claims, arguments and the like. I wish GS could do more to just find out who Another48Hours is and ban his IP so we can all carry on again. He's probably some pathetic loser who rides his bike to the library for the soul purpose of creating troll accounts here in order to make himself feel less like a pathetic loser . . .

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
What are you talking about bro? Ps2 had both quality and quantity... Its for a reason why PS2 still sells as we speak ...
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

[QUOTE="MicrosoftVP_Ted"] With the PS2 having slightly over 1000 or so more games, I do not see how you get 10 to one when most of the PS2 games that aren't bad when you keep digging through the library are usually shared with something else. Unless I am reading the game lists wrong. I will say the PS2 did become quite a seller, the First Playstation proved to be quite beneficial, in that as well as no real competition and DVD at launch,MicrosoftVP_Ted

You do know that the 10,000 includes outer-language names, bundles, and some other things right? Realistically, yes the PS2 has over 2,000 or so games, and I never denied that it had the bigger library. I am asking if you would put the Xbox quality over the Xboxes quality, and I was addressing your 10-1 which makes no logical sense when a large portion of PS2 games formed from a random list will likely be shared on the Xbox. So thank you for answering the thread, your answer is no.

Have your fun while it lasts, I just reported you :)

MicrosoftVP_Ted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MicrosoftVP_Ted

[QUOTE="MicrosoftVP_Ted"][QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

Shenmue_Jehuty

Have your fun while it lasts, I just reported you :)

You reported me for having an opinion?
MicrosoftVP_Ted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MicrosoftVP_Ted
What are you talking about bro? Ps2 had both quality and quantity... Its for a reason why PS2 still sells as we speak ...AzatiS
I wouldn't use a sell argument, but I will say that the PS2 was discontinued unless you know something I don't? I don't mind you liking the PS2 btw, I think the vibe of this thread got disrupted by Shenmue,
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#19 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

You're assuming that other people think Xbox has the "quality". I don't buy that assumption whatsoever. For me, PS2 is better both quantity and quality-wise.

Also, you don't get to decide what was relevant, and the JRPGs and action-adventure titles on the PS2 were not all similar, certainly not any more similar than any other genre.

MicrosoftVP_Ted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MicrosoftVP_Ted

You're assuming that other people think Xbox has the "quality". I don't buy that assumption whatsoever. For me, PS2 is better both quantity and quality-wise.

GreySeal9
I actually meant it to be saying "If you think the Xbox has quality over the PS2's quality" but I can only do so much with the title. I explain it a bit in the OP. Also at that time no other system had Final Fantasy, so your choice makes sense. I do always wonder how X would look with less jaggy Xbox hardware and less music compression.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
Though the Xbox has some great exclusives, most of the game that interest me were ported to the PC, so for that reason alone I choose the PS2 if we don't count the PC into the equation then it becomes a bit harder as I prefer WRPGs over JRPGs
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#22 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
I wouldn't put the XBOX's quality over PS2's quantity because it doesn't outweigh the quantity/quality of the PS2's library. Not to say the XBOX's library is poor, it's pretty great. Just depends on the genres you're looking for. But for the best experience, just get both.
MicrosoftVP_Ted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MicrosoftVP_Ted
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]I wouldn't put the XBOX's quality over PS2's quantity because it doesn't outweigh the quantity/quality of the PS2's library. Not to say the XBOX's library is poor, it's pretty great. Just depends on the genres you're looking for. But for the best experience, just get both.

I don't particularly think either console is really lacking in genres other than opposing Rpg departments don't you think? II do agree both is exponentially the best way. If you can find an Xbox for cheap online which is hard to do, PS2's seem cheaper.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]I wouldn't put the XBOX's quality over PS2's quantity because it doesn't outweigh the quantity/quality of the PS2's library. Not to say the XBOX's library is poor, it's pretty great. Just depends on the genres you're looking for. But for the best experience, just get both.MicrosoftVP_Ted
I don't particularly think either console is really lacking in genres other than opposing Rpg departments don't you think? II do agree both is exponentially the best way. If you can find an Xbox for cheap online which is hard to do, PS2's seem cheaper.

not that I care for the genre, but the Xbox isn't famous for its platformers

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]I wouldn't put the XBOX's quality over PS2's quantity because it doesn't outweigh the quantity/quality of the PS2's library. Not to say the XBOX's library is poor, it's pretty great. Just depends on the genres you're looking for. But for the best experience, just get both.

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

Personally, I think Xbox is the worst of the three by far. Don't get me wrong, it has good games, I just prefer the libraries of either the PS2 or Gamecube.

I should point out, however, that Xbox introduced one of my favorite game series: Ninja Gaiden. (It dubuted on the NES technically, but the Xbox rebooted it with a completely new style) I never played the Xbox version though. I only played Sigma on PS3. Mainly because I never had an Xbox. I now have a 360, and I have played some Xbox games with it's BC. But last Gen Xbox was the only way to play Ninja Gaiden. I never realised just how awesome that game is until this gen, lol.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#27 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

I like to envision the Xbox as the only quality entertainment interactive on the market the 6th generation of gaming consoles, and it is so. While not to far off from the PS2 library, would you agree that exclusives and shared with others, that the Xbox simply had more quality assured than the PS2? You can talk about quantity, however, tons of games in genres that the PS2 is not strong act are sub-par compared to the engaging experience on the Xbox other than japanese developed Action-Adventure and Role-playing titles, which at the time were all very similar and are not actually relevant.MicrosoftVP_Ted
I'd have to disagree. Like most others, I'd have to say the PS2 was superior to the Xbox in both quality and quantity. The only other console back then that came close to the PS2 in quality was the Dreamcast before its demise.

And for your information, action-adventures and RPG's on the PS2 were extremely diverse and two of the best-selling genres at the time, so they were very "relevant" at the time.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the Xbox back then, and it was probably my second most used console of that generation, after the PS2. But the thing is that I most often used the Xbox as a media player, while most of the games I played on it were often just better-looking multi-plats also available on the PS2.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#28 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I might, because XBox did have some very good games.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#29 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

I like my Xbox over the PS2. Mostly, I just like the controller better to be honest and that is a huge thing for me. Sound is about the same and graphics are better on Xbox but I don't really care about graphics aside from how they affect gameplay. The controller is a much bigger difference. We can argue all day about more games, percentage of good games vs. bad and all that but as far as I'm concerned, either of these systems has enough great games to last me a decade so I'm not too worried about it.

CPX7700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 CPX7700
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Anything the Xbox had over the PS2 was better on the PC anyway. Halo 1, 2, Half-Life 2, most of them were more fun on the PC. The PS2 had more actual exclusives like Gran Turismo 3/4, Ratchet and Clank, the Katamari games, Ico, and many others. It's one of the few consoles that are worth owning for a serious PC gamer like me.
Avatar image for CaptainGamespot
CaptainGamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CaptainGamespot
Member since 2013 • 616 Posts

f*** no, I would never do that. I bought an xbox, loved it, supported it, bought xbox live, bought every AAA title, even some AA titles. 

Can't top the ps2 library though, can't even touch it. Sony had soo many exclusive 1st party games and 3rd party games to ignore.

ps2 had too much high ranking quality games and obviously quantity of games. ps2 was a beast. 

it's not a quality vs. quanity equation, as ps2 had both titles.

MicrosoftVP_Ted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MicrosoftVP_Ted

[QUOTE="MicrosoftVP_Ted"]I like to envision the Xbox as the only quality entertainment interactive on the market the 6th generation of gaming consoles, and it is so. While not to far off from the PS2 library, would you agree that exclusives and shared with others, that the Xbox simply had more quality assured than the PS2? You can talk about quantity, however, tons of games in genres that the PS2 is not strong act are sub-par compared to the engaging experience on the Xbox other than japanese developed Action-Adventure and Role-playing titles, which at the time were all very similar and are not actually relevant.CaptainGamespot

f*** no, I would never do that. I bought an xbox, loved it, supported it, bought xbox live, bought every AAA title, even some AA titles. 

Can't top the ps2 library though, can't even touch it. Sony had soo many exclusive 1st party games and 3rd party games to ignore.

ps2 had too much high ranking quality games and obviously quantity of games. ps2 was a beast. 

it's not a quality vs. quanity equation, as ps2 had both titles.

I would disagree with a large first-party, that didn't really happen until this gen. Also, the thread title is a bit misleading I meant if you think the Xbox had quality would you put it over the PS2, there was just not enough space. Here is random comparison using Gamespot Comparison: PS2:775 A, AA, and AAA+ games. More than that under 5.0 Xbox:462 A, AA, and AAA+ games. Less than that under 5.0 Gamecube:256 A, AA, and AAA+ games. More than that under 5.0 Dreamcast::135 A, AA, and AAA+ games. More than that under 5.0
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dudersaper
Yeah but gamespots scores won't make people magically put the XBOX's quality over the others, It's a useless argument. And the PS2 had plenty of first party support during both the PS1 and PS2 eras, dunno where you get the idea it only got large support this gen.
Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts

[QUOTE="wiicube64"][QUOTE="MicrosoftVP_Ted"] There are Rpgs on the Xbox, and few exclusives is a misinformation. I would suggest further research.Emerald_Warrior

Much better RPGS on the XBox, IMO. Action RPGS are much more fun than the now cliched JRPG genre, and the XBox was full of them:

• Arx Fatalis
  • Fable
  • Jade Empire
  • X-Men Legends

Between all those action-RPGs, and other awesome exclusives like Halo 1 & 2, Ninja Gaiden, MechAssault 1 & 2, and Crimson Skies; it was my console of choice during that generation after the Dreamcast fizzled out. The XBox Live was LEAGUES ahead of the competion in the online department. And on top of all of that, XBox usually always had the best version of multiplatform games.

Nowdays, all the 6th generation systems are so cheap, that's it's worth owning them all. Because they all have great exclusives and libraries of games.

FINALLY someone mentioned Mechassault! Those games are the reason along with JSRF that I just recently purchased an xbox.
MicrosoftVP_Ted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MicrosoftVP_Ted
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]Yeah but gamespots scores won't make people magically put the XBOX's quality over the others, It's a useless argument. And the PS2 had plenty of first party support during both the PS1 and PS2 eras, dunno where you get the idea it only got large support this gen.

I don't know what you read, my list clearly shows the PS2 has more A+ games on gamespot, the only point I was proving is that the Xbox had more over all others except the PS2, but was the only one with less games rated under 5.0. I am not sure how you got I put the Xbox's quality over all the others.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="wiicube64"] There are RPGs on the Xbox but certainly not as many as there are on the PS2, especially when we're talking JRPGs. The only exclusives that ever interested me on the Xbox that come to mind immediately are Halo, Halo 2, Jet Set Radio 2, Voodoo Vince, Fable..and if I wanted to stretch it further I GUESS I could put KOTOR, and Morrowind. All I'm saying is that the system never interested me personally. The Gamecube and the PS2 both had better exclusive lineups for me.Kaszilla

• Arx Fatalis
  • Fable
  • Jade Empire
  • X-Men Legends

FINALLY someone mentioned Mechassault! Those games are the reason along with JSRF that I just recently purchased an xbox.

Oh yeah, some of the best games on the XBox.

The reason I purchased my XBox was Morrowind, by far. The game was absolutely stunning in all areas when it came out. And to a lesser degree, Halo also made me purchase it because it was a social event amongst me and my friends.

All the exlusives after that (such as MechAssault) I discovered.

Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kaszilla
Anything the Xbox had over the PS2 was better on the PC anyway. Halo 1, 2, Half-Life 2, most of them were more fun on the PC. The PS2 had more actual exclusives like Gran Turismo 3/4, Ratchet and Clank, the Katamari games, Ico, and many others. It's one of the few consoles that are worth owning for a serious PC gamer like me.CPX7700
OMG the xbox actually has exclusives, why does everyone think it only has PC ports? I guess I'm one of the few that actually bought its great exclusives..
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dudersaper

the only point I was proving is that the Xbox had more over all others except the PS2, but was the only one with less games rated under 5.0.MicrosoftVP_Ted
That's exactly what I read, and it was exactly what I was replying to.

I'm just saying that the point you're trying to prove won't really make anybody re-think their opinions. Because it's obvious the PS2 is gonna have more games under 5.0 when it has much more games. The chances for below average games are higher the more games you have in a library. And still, that means little to nothing as long as the good games are good.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable FBPhotoZoom  CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it  CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable FBPhotoZoom  CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it
MicrosoftVP_Ted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MicrosoftVP_Ted

[QUOTE="MicrosoftVP_Ted"] the only point I was proving is that the Xbox had more over all others except the PS2, but was the only one with less games rated under 5.0.Dudersaper

I'm just saying that the point you're trying to prove won't really make anybody re-think their opinions. Because it's obvious the PS2 is gonna have more games under 5.0 when it has much more games. The chances for below average games are higher the more games you have in a library. And still, that means little to nothing as long as the good games are good.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable FBPhotoZoom  CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it  CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable FBPhotoZoom  CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Yeah, but then why does the Gamecube have half the Xbox library but the Xbox has more games but still has less 5.0 under games? But you are right, I enjoy some 5.0 games myself, which usually involve shooting games, not including TPS or FPS of course. I know I am not changing anyones minds, like my legendary 2600, the PS2 has been around for 3 generations and putting out games left and right, I can't deattache people from it, I am just saying people should give it a chance, stop ignoring it, and stop thinking the only game it has is Halo, with proof that it has more than Halo.
Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kaszilla
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]

[QUOTE="MicrosoftVP_Ted"] the only point I was proving is that the Xbox had more over all others except the PS2, but was the only one with less games rated under 5.0.MicrosoftVP_Ted

Yeah, but then why does the Gamecube have half the Xbox library but the Xbox has more games but still has less 5.0 under games? But you are right, I enjoy some 5.0 games myself, which usually involve shooting games, not including TPS or FPS of course. I know I am not changing anyones minds, like my legendary 2600, the PS2 has been around for 3 generations and putting out games left and right, I can't deattache people from it, I am just saying people should give it a chance, stop ignoring it, and stop thinking the only game it has is Halo, with proof that it has more than Halo.

I never even played halo on the xbox and I still love it.
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dudersaper
Oh I definetly agree with you there, I think both the XBOX and PS2 are amazing consoles and both deserve the attention. And yes, I've found myself enjoying plenty of games that were poorly rated by Gamespot (or other sites), so I just use reviews to get a look at the gameplay, hear what they say, but still give it a chance if it interests me enough despite it getting a poor rating (if the case)
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

Ps2 just had amazing games. Lots of amazing games. 

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I wouldn't, but I had a damn fine time LANing my Xbox's throughout my house to play HALO/Splinter Cell etc. I still own Steel Battalion. Dug every single exclusive I could get my hands on.

That said, I can't say those experiences could top the PS2's quantity or quality I got last gen. Even Sony's 1st party was amazing last gen from God of War to ICO to Jak to Sly Cooper to Champions of Norrath 1/2 to ATV offroad to Ratchet to Gran Turismo 3/4 to Primal to Mr. Mosquito to Ape Escape to Dark Cloud 1/2 to Rogue Galaxy to Shadow of the Colossus to Tourist Trophy to SOCOM to War of the Monsters to Singstar to MLB the Show to Twisted Metal Black and many more I'm just forgetting...it was a fantastic ride.

I'm being unfair to the 3rd party exclusives as well. From Tekken to DMC to Onimusha to Ace Combat to Final Fantasy to Castlevania : Lament of Innocence to Metal Gear Solid 3 to Okami to Maximo...it was amazing.

NodakJo2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 NodakJo2010
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

[QUOTE="wiicube64"]

MicrosoftVP_Ted

Your system war tactics can't fool me! :cool:

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

[QUOTE="wiicube64"][QUOTE="MicrosoftVP_Ted"] There are Rpgs on the Xbox, and few exclusives is a misinformation. I would suggest further research.Emerald_Warrior

• Arx Fatalis
  • Fable
  • Jade Empire
  • X-Men Legends

i dont think a lot of those are exclusives. you can find a couple of those on the ps2.

also gotta say, ps2 is not all about quantity...there was a lot of quality there.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

All I'm gonna say is PS2 >>> Xbox.

beatrev791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 beatrev791
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Not anymore, I couldn't even really tell the difference now a days. I'd rather have a ton of cheap titles to play so there's more variety and won't get bored as easily
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#48 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

• Arx Fatalis
  • Champions of Norrath
  • Fable
  • Jade Empire
  • X-Men Legends

PS2 was the king of the Action RPG genre:

• Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance I & II
  • Chaos Legion
  • Dark Cloud 1 & 2
  • Drakengard 1 & 2
  • Dual Hearts
  • Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel
  • .Hack series
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • Kingdom Hearts I & II
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
  • King's Field IV
  • Odin Sphere
  • Orphen: Scion of Sorcery
  • Phantasy Star Universe
  • Radiata Stories
  • Rogue Galaxy
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 1 & 2
  • Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  • Steambot Chronicles
  • Summoner
  • Tales of Destiny 1 & 2
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Tales of Rebirth
  • Tales of Legendia
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • X-Men Legends I & II
  • Ys I & II: Eternal Story
  • Ys III: Wanderers from Ys
  • Ys IV: Mask of the Sun
  • Ys V: Kefin, The Lost City of Sand
  • Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

So yeah, I'd say the PS2 was superior to the Xbox when it came to nearly all sub-genres of RPG, whether action RPG, turn-based RPG, tactical RPG, etc. The only type of RPG the Xbox may have had an upper hand in was the "Computer RPG" (i.e. "Western RPG" as it known today).

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Emerald_Warrior

^ Touche.

But all those games put together still don't come close to Morrowind.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

^ Touche.

But all those games put together still don't come close to Morrowind.

Emerald_Warrior

Odin Sphere alone >>> Morrowind. And you know what I think about Morrowind. :P