Why on earth do so many people want MW3?

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr_Spotswood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mr_Spotswood
Member since 2005 • 2525 Posts

I'm sure it's been asking a million times, but why? The people buying act as if it's this insanely awesome game and that they haven't been playing it for five years already. It boggles my mind. Do people not know a rip off when they see one? If you've played one CoD, you've played them all. My head hurts.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Because it's fun and they will enjoy it.
Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Hate_Squad
Member since 2007 • 1357 Posts

cause for 80% of its buyers its one of the few games they know,they are not forum and videogame site visitors,they learn about games from advertisements and word of mouth.COD has made it into the mainstream so it has a huge playerbase

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

It's plain fun and enjoyable. I am not buying it but Black Ops on PC were great fun to play for an hour on and off. I didn't encouter that many asshats in BO either, almost less than other online games I've played of different genre.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

It's mainstream, it's fun, their friends will play it. That's your reason.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44612 Posts
If you've played one CoD, you've played them all.Mr_Spotswood
How so? Because I think they're quite different.
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr_Spotswood"]If you've played one CoD, you've played them all.lamprey263
How so? Because I think they're quite different.

That's true. It's more like, if you've played 3 CoD's, you've played them all.

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

Im with you. It really, really does boggle my mind. IS cod really that good? I mean was it ever that good? I don't know why or how people can be so obsessed with it. I dont know why they want another one each year.

To me Cod is just another game. I cant see anything special about it, it cant see any redeeming qualites for it. its like crack to some people. I have a few cod games in my collection & i cant find a reason to ever buy one again. I want to ask these people . . . . why do you need 15 copies of cod? Why, just why? If you have cod4 then you dont need MW3, so why not continue playing that instead.

I dont know. I just never want to see or hear Call a Duty ever again in my entire life. That thing is everywhere. I desperately try to avoid anything cod related at all costs. Unless, of course, its this thread LOL.

Why not spend your money on the other superior games this holiday season?

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Epic campaign full of thrills. New survival Mode. And an in-depth addictive online component with a whopping 16 maps.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

I'm sure it's been asking a million times, but why? The people buying act as if it's this insanely awesome game and that they haven't been playing it for five years already. It boggles my mind. Do people not know a rip off when they see one? If you've played one CoD, you've played them all. My head hurts.

Mr_Spotswood

CoD adds more changes to every new game than most franchises out there do. Haters gonna hate though. And it's hard not to, its sales are amazing, its review scores are some of the higest, and it has a massive, loyal fanbase.

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

I am sure it has been asked a million times before but why do people on System Wars not let people enjoy the games that they like and get mad if they like something different. Some people like COD, Consoles, Kinect, Move, and PC.

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

It's like a drug. no matter how hard it is to quit (BF3), people just need their fix.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Because their taste is different from yours, yet it doesn't mean their taste is wrong. Nor is yours.
KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

Because they are fun, intense and easy to play. The entertaining and cheesy SP campaigns and fantastic MP modes are also pretty appealing.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Its all about name recognition.
dan757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dan757
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I'm ready and waiting to hit the shops today and get my copy. Fantastic game, great action, graphics and amazing to play on-line. I love modern warfare 2 and can't wait for 3..
nismo8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nismo8000
Member since 2007 • 1000 Posts

Mr_Spotswood
You could ask this about literally every ever made. "Why do people want cataclysm? Its just wrath of the Mich king with five new levels." "Why do people want Mario wii? Its just Mario world with 3d graphics." Why do people want bf3? Its just bfbc2 with jets." See what I did there?
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#19 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Because of marketing.

maaatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 maaatter
Member since 2011 • 42 Posts
Because people enjoy playing it.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44318 Posts
Well speaking for myself I'm getting it because it's an insanely awesome game. Personally I don't see how it gets criticised for being the same as I think things get changed up and added to it pretty nicely. The story carries on like any other sequel so I'm really looking forward to the campaign. Online is fantastic fun and very addictive and I'm looking forward to playing in all the different locales. I get tons of value and enjoyment from these games so I don't feel like I'm getting ripped off at all. Less then 5 1/2 hours until I get my copy, can't wait. :D
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts
Well speaking for myself I'm getting it because it's an insanely awesome game. Personally I don't see how it gets criticised for being the same as I think things get changed up and added to it pretty nicely. The story carries on like any other sequel so I'm really looking forward to the campaign. Online is fantastic fun and very addictive and I'm looking forward to playing in all the different locales. I get tons of value and enjoyment from these games so I don't feel like I'm getting ripped off at all. Less then 5 1/2 hours until I get my copy, can't wait. :DArchangel3371
Oh you eager bastard, you picking it up at midnight?
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Archangel3371
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]Well speaking for myself I'm getting it because it's an insanely awesome game. Personally I don't see how it gets criticised for being the same as I think things get changed up and added to it pretty nicely. The story carries on like any other sequel so I'm really looking forward to the campaign. Online is fantastic fun and very addictive and I'm looking forward to playing in all the different locales. I get tons of value and enjoyment from these games so I don't feel like I'm getting ripped off at all. Less then 5 1/2 hours until I get my copy, can't wait. :DSteelAttack

Oh hell yeah. :P
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts
[QUOTE="SteelAttack"][QUOTE="Archangel3371"]Well speaking for myself I'm getting it because it's an insanely awesome game. Personally I don't see how it gets criticised for being the same as I think things get changed up and added to it pretty nicely. The story carries on like any other sequel so I'm really looking forward to the campaign. Online is fantastic fun and very addictive and I'm looking forward to playing in all the different locales. I get tons of value and enjoyment from these games so I don't feel like I'm getting ripped off at all. Less then 5 1/2 hours until I get my copy, can't wait. :DArchangel3371

Good, good. I know how much you love the franchise so have a great one tonight, man.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Archangel3371
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"][QUOTE="SteelAttack"]Oh you eager bastard, you picking it up at midnight?SteelAttack

Good, good. I know how much you love the franchise so have a great one tonight, man.

Thanks man.
TransFishers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TransFishers
Member since 2011 • 263 Posts
Newflash, not everyone has the same taste and preferences in games. ;)
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#27 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
because the words "call of duty" make young boys squeal with delight.
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

The same reason people go out and buy Madden every year. They like it.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I'd say mainly because it's a mainstream game that many people are able to play due to it being rather easy (I like MW2, but have to admit it's perhaps the easiest game to level up during online play).

I know a lot of people aren't hardcore gamers and usually don't follow many releases. They usually get it by word of mouth that comes from other casual gamers. COD has perfected the art of advertising to the casual gamer.

Granted, I don't see why anyone would rather get MW3 the same week that Skyrim comes out, but that's just my opinion.

At the end of the day I have no room to say anything since I end up getting Madden every year. It's the same deal as they're both franchises that continue to be fun, and games really come down to how fun they are.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

People are insane, that is why. Let me ask you, do you know the definition of insanity? Insanity is... doing the same ******* thing over and over again, expecting **** to change. That. Is. Crazy.

yomanjdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#31 yomanjdf
Member since 2003 • 1166 Posts

mE!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

cause for 80% of its buyers its one of the few games they know,they are not forum and videogame site visitors,they learn about games from advertisements and word of mouth.COD has made it into the mainstream so it has a huge playerbase

Hate_Squad

Yeah exactly. Everybody gets caught up in the hype and buys it because they feel like they'll miss out on something... I haven't bought a COD game since Modern Warfare, and have no interest in starting again (unless it's a bargain).

keech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 keech
Member since 2003 • 1451 Posts

Granted, I don't see why anyone would rather get MW3 the same week that Skyrim comes out, but that's just my opinion.blueboxdoctor

I agree. A new Elder Scrolls game doesn't come around but once or twice a hardware generation. At one point in time that was the case for CoD as well, but no longer.

The biggest problem for me with CoD isn't that they are BAD games. It's that I just don't care about them when they release a slightly altered iteration every single year and full price. If they spaced out the releases more, in turn giving more time to add new features and letting the gaming community actually WANT a new CoD, then maybe I could justify coughing up $60 on it. But as it sits I would much rather buy Skyrim, Assassins Creed: Revelations, and Skyward Sword.

As it is now I don't think even the people buying MW3 actually want it. Think about it, if MW3 wasn't coming out till November of 2012 all the CoD nuts would still be happily playing Black Ops until November of 2012. As it sits I think it's more people are being beat over the head with the releases. They feel they HAVE to buy it because everyone else will be jumping over to MW3. So if they want to keep playing CoD, they have to buy the new game.

Oiler1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Oiler1
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

It is human nature to do irrational things that are fun. The smartest thing to do is to buy these video games after some time when they are half price or less.

The people who camp out for hours at Best Buy so they can get the games early really have no lives.

DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DeX2010
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts
COD4 was great, then it was all down from there imo
ExESGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ExESGO
Member since 2010 • 1895 Posts
Its easy to pick up/simple , not strenuous like say Battlefield (I like BF over CoD btw). This has been further proven (to me) by the last trailer, the Vet and the Noob.
TJORLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TJORLY
Member since 2008 • 3298 Posts

They want it because they want the same experience as COD4, but are too stupid to replay it instead.

Either that or some people just like throwing $60 away for no reason every year (something that Madden and FIFA also prove.)

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
I honestly don't know. I am guessing people get caught up in the hype and since all of their friends are getting it, so should they.
Avatar image for irishdude199210
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 irishdude199210
Member since 2010 • 2517 Posts

TC,

People buy Assassins creed, sports, and uncharted games each year too. They're all basically the same each year.I only have one COD and I'm not a fanboy, but I don't see why you choose to pick on it overothers.

Geosisnl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Geosisnl
Member since 2009 • 143 Posts

Brainwash, pure and simple. That's the whole point of spamming advertisements, and CoD is quite good at that. I'm sure most of the people barely think about it and just go into buy-mode without giving it a fair thought.

Hanbark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Hanbark
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
What makes battlefield 3 so much different than its predecessors? nothing that whats, just graphics.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
because the words "call of duty" make young boys squeal with delight.Allicrombie
No love for females?
nismo8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nismo8000
What makes battlefield 3 so much different than its predecessors? nothing that whats, just graphics.Hanbark
jets! and prone! they're so innovative. sniper rifle SKS's. terrible hit detection. unlimited sprint. bullet drop on sniper rifles and no bullet drop on assault rifles andsubmachine guns. anemic machine guns. it takes less rounds from a pistol to take someone down than a m249 lol. static spawn points that are easily camped. it sucks because i really wanted to like this game, but alas it looks like i'll be getting MW3 to fill my FPS void afterall
rastotm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rastotm
Member since 2011 • 1380 Posts

Because the CoD franchise is the only shooter they ever tried and succeeded in.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Some of my friends are skipping their classes today so that they can play MW3. Not even I'm that bad with the games I really want. It's nothing more than a rehash of MW2, which was also nothing more than a rehash of MW1.

Lost-Memory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Lost-Memory
Member since 2009 • 1556 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr_Spotswood"]

StealthMonkey4

CoD adds more changes to every new game than most franchises out there do. Haters gonna hate though. And it's hard not to, its sales are amazing, its review scores are some of the higest, and it has a massive, loyal fanbase.

DUDE. have you SEEN BF3 compared to Bad Company 2 ? They've added WAY MORE than i've seen in ANY sequel CoD game.
nismo8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nismo8000
[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

[QUOTE="Mr_Spotswood"]

Lost-Memory

DUDE. have you SEEN BF3 compared to Bad Company 2 ? They've added WAY MORE than i've seen in ANY sequel CoD game.

oh yeah? like what? excluding graphical updates. Don't say they added a new engine either, because that would be graphical in nature. what did they add gameplay wise?
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#48 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
I'll give you and try to give you an unbiased answer, the Call of Duty series (since the first Modern Warfare) has increased popularity for various reasons in which are, fast paced gameplay, rewards for everything, you kill x ammount of enemies in a row, you get killstreaks, you kill a guy, a bunch of XP for doing stuff like headshots etc., rank up and you unlock new perks/weapons, do some rando mstuff and you get a challenge which might unlock attachments, emblems or just XP, so if you play Call of Duty for 1 hour you're bounded to progress in mroe than one front all the time! obviously people like their rewards and fell that they're doing great and moving up everytime they do something....and there is also the gameplay which is simple enough to learn to play it fairly quick.
kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

Because it's fun.

I play games because they're fun.

Seems like a simple decision to me.

Avatar image for irishdude199210
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 irishdude199210
Member since 2010 • 2517 Posts

I'll give you and try to give you an unbiased answer, the Call of Duty series (since the first Modern Warfare) has increased popularity for various reasons in which are, fast paced gameplay, rewards for everything, you kill x ammount of enemies in a row, you get killstreaks, you kill a guy, a bunch of XP for doing stuff like headshots etc., rank up and you unlock new perks/weapons, do some rando mstuff and you get a challenge which might unlock attachments, emblems or just XP, so if you play Call of Duty for 1 hour you're bounded to progress in mroe than one front all the time! obviously people like their rewards and fell that they're doing great and moving up everytime they do something....and there is also the gameplay which is simple enough to learn to play it fairly quick.doubalfa

Obviously a hugely biased opinion.