Why on earth do so many people want MW3?

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

[QUOTE="doubalfa"]I'll give you and try to give you an unbiased answer, the Call of Duty series (since the first Modern Warfare) has increased popularity for various reasons in which are, fast paced gameplay, rewards for everything, you kill x ammount of enemies in a row, you get killstreaks, you kill a guy, a bunch of XP for doing stuff like headshots etc., rank up and you unlock new perks/weapons, do some rando mstuff and you get a challenge which might unlock attachments, emblems or just XP, so if you play Call of Duty for 1 hour you're bounded to progress in mroe than one front all the time! obviously people like their rewards and fell that they're doing great and moving up everytime they do something....and there is also the gameplay which is simple enough to learn to play it fairly quick.irishdude199210

Obviously a hugely biased opinion.

Everything he said was true, and it was neither negative or positive. Seems pretty unbiased to me.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#52 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I picked up the game this morning on my way to work and can't wait to play it. I'm pretty sure the multiplayer will be a cut-and-paste of the multiplayer from Black Ops and MW2, but I'm mostly looking forward to the campaign, concluding the story of Soap, Price, and seeing what becomes of the Russian offensive worldwide.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#53 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Its the only franchise that I play if i'm totaly bored...(mine situation).

Getting it tomorrow :D

Avatar image for irishdude199210
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 irishdude199210
Member since 2010 • 2517 Posts

[QUOTE="irishdude199210"]

[QUOTE="doubalfa"]I'll give you and try to give you an unbiased answer, the Call of Duty series (since the first Modern Warfare) has increased popularity for various reasons in which are, fast paced gameplay, rewards for everything, you kill x ammount of enemies in a row, you get killstreaks, you kill a guy, a bunch of XP for doing stuff like headshots etc., rank up and you unlock new perks/weapons, do some rando mstuff and you get a challenge which might unlock attachments, emblems or just XP, so if you play Call of Duty for 1 hour you're bounded to progress in mroe than one front all the time! obviously people like their rewards and fell that they're doing great and moving up everytime they do something....and there is also the gameplay which is simple enough to learn to play it fairly quick.meetroid8

Everything he said was true, and it was neither negative or positive. Seems pretty unbiased to me.

Actually he failed to mention the negatives at all, and there are of course negatives, all games have negatives. Plus take away anything related to multiplayer and you'll quickly see his message is almost blank.

Seems pretty damn biased to me.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#55 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Epic campaign full of thrills. New survival Mode. And an in-depth addictive online component with a whopping 16 maps.

StealthMonkey4

Incorrect. Multiplayer is broken. Plain and simple. I don't find enjoyment in going into any multiplayer match, in any map, and having to deal with campers all the time. It isn't like the old days, where you actually roam around the map, finding people, and shooting them down. On top of that, the multiplayer community is freaking horrendous. I was talking to a fan, who told me that he didn't care if he lost or not, he just wanted to have fun. In one game, he lost a lot, which was OK to him. Then he was bombarded with messages from people saying that he has no skill and shouldn't even be playing a COD game. When I heard that story, I'm thinking "Really?" Remidns me of the Halo community, with these ridiculous players thinking they are God or some crap. In other words, COD-multiplayer fanatics take it WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. It's just a videogame. Who cares if you win or lose? I don't and people really need to stop thinking that COD is godly. Such horses***! I got woken up to people messaging me, asking me if I got "the greatest shooter on Earth." Really? COD MW3, from what I've played, has a better campaign than BF3 did and I'm looking forward to checking out Spec Ops and Survival mode, but it's certainly not the greatest shooter of all time nor will it get Game Of The Year. Sorry, you COD addicts, but the truth hurts.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#56 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The same reason everyone wanted a Wii. Everyone else had one.
ElectricEchoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ElectricEchoes
Member since 2010 • 204 Posts

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="irishdude199210"]

irishdude199210

Actually he failed to mention the negatives at all, and there are of course negatives, all games have negatives. Plus take away anything related to multiplayer and you'll quickly see his message is almost blank.

Seems pretty damn biased to me.

He answering why so many people want MW3. It seems to me he was speaking objectively about the game rather than subjectively. And I don't see why you would point out negative aspects of the game for the reasoning of why people want it.
Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

I'm sure it's been asking a million times, but why? The people buying act as if it's this insanely awesome game and that they haven't been playing it for five years already. It boggles my mind. Do people not know a rip off when they see one? If you've played one CoD, you've played them all. My head hurts.

Mr_Spotswood

by that logic, why do people watch movies? If you've seen one, you've seen them all. It is an awesome game, best in it's genre and no, Modern Warfare 3 just came out so nobody has been playing it for the past 5 years. and yes, people do usually know a rip-off when they see one, and Call of Duty is not a rip-off.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

It's the cool game to buy, and has been for awhile... I really don't care, people can play whatever they feel like, but it does get annoying hearing about it all the time...

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

its just simple run and gun stuff. Nothing really too complicated. It can be kinda intense. But if you've played one COD you've played them all. At least in the past few years.

TransFishers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TransFishers
Member since 2011 • 263 Posts

Brainwash, pure and simple. That's the whole point of spamming advertisements, and CoD is quite good at that. I'm sure most of the people barely think about it and just go into buy-mode without giving it a fair thought.

Geosisnl
If only we could all be as enlightened as you.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
lol idk, but today i had a funny moment, these dudes were talking about if they had it yet and blah blah Xbox. That yahtzee video popped into my head "console peasants bow before your PC Gamer Gods" :lol: There are only like a handful of games worth playing in the next year or so IMO and MW isn't one of them..............i saw a sign at school that said they have fighting games in the lounge every Tues. and Thurs. but just thinking about what kind of lame console talk could be going on has kept me from attending. If i wanted to drop $60 on a game it would be BF3.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#63 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
It's like a drug for videogamers.
nismo8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 nismo8000
Member since 2007 • 1000 Posts
lol idk, but today i had a funny moment, these dudes were talking about if they had it yet and blah blah Xbox. That yahtzee video popped into my head "console peasants bow before your PC Gamer Gods" :lol: There are only like a handful of games worth playing in the next year or so IMO and MW isn't one of them..............i saw a sign at school that said they have fighting games in the lounge every Tues. and Thurs. but just thinking about what kind of lame console talk could be going on has kept me from attending. If i wanted to drop $60 on a game it would be BF3.X360PS3AMD05
Wow. You are the worst. And I'm not even talking about the mw3/bf3 debate. I'm talking about the arrogance. Whew.
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 irishdude199210

It's like a drug for videogamers. Elann2008

The kind of drug you're talking about is bad for you. Same for most people that play COD, they turn into zombies that follow the pack.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]It's like a drug for videogamers. irishdude199210

The kind of drug you're talking about is bad for you. Same for most people that play COD, they turn into zombies that follow the pack.

Ironically there will be a zombie mode for MW3.

irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 irishdude199210

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]It's like a drug for videogamers. Heirren

Ironically there will be a zombie mode for MW3.

No surprise there, it was in the last 3.

I'm not against COD at all, I played black ops alot. But most people only play it because 'everyone else is'. That annoys me.

SleepArrest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SleepArrest
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Because it's cool and popular.

Bros.

irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 irishdude199210

Bros.

SleepArrest

If jumping off a cliff became popular would you do it?

Most teenagers do whatever others teenagers do, COD is what teengers play. Hence it's popularity TC.

SleepArrest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 SleepArrest
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="SleepArrest"]

Bros.

irishdude199210

Most teenagers do whatever others teenagers do, COD is what teengers play. Hence it's popularity TC.

I haven't heard that phrase since I was in middle school. GameSpot needs a sarcasm html.
irishdude199210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 irishdude199210

[QUOTE="SleepArrest"]

Bros.

SleepArrest

I haven't heard that phrase since I was in middle school. GameSpot needs a sarcasm html.

Ah, sarcasm, the lowest form of wit.

cort12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 cort12
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
I rented it from Redbox, beat it, played a few round of multiplayer, a few spec ops missions and was done with it. I planned on buying it next month, but the MP just really turned me away. The maps all just seemed to small and had way too many choke points. Maybe I will get it if I can get it for a good price, but definitely not for $60. As for everyone who hates CoD, I sympathize with your complaints. However, complaining won't do anything. The majority of CoD's players are strictly casual gamers, and will continue to buy it until Activision stops making them. Hence why they shatter sales records year after year.
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

They want it for the same reason 5 million people subscribe to Ray William Johnson on YouTube. Interesting that YouTube's most viral videos are either related to Modern Warfare or RWJ. Mainly, it's a popularity thing. People do it because they think it is hip to be with the in-crowd and be like everyone else.

mafiadon112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 mafiadon112
Member since 2009 • 112 Posts

These is one of these games, where you don't have to think.