Which Sonic was your favorite?

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FaithfulBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FaithfulBro
Member since 2011 • 119 Posts

Mine is, and always will be, Sonic 3. A lot of people say Sonic 2 is the best, which I never really understood, but to each his own.

Thoughts?

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Sonic 2 is great too but Sonic 3&K was the overall better game. I don't know how many times I would replay and beat it over and over again. Plus playing as Knuckles was a lot of fun.

SpikeyAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SpikeyAss
Member since 2011 • 221 Posts

The original

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

The original, for me. I played it so much when I was younger, since that's what came with my Sega Genesis. And I don't really like the addition of Tails as a partner. When I play 2, 3, & Knuckles I play Sonic alone, everytime. Tails messes you up sometimes, granted it's not to often, but when it does happen it would make me mad to no end. Like planning on jumping on a bad guy to use him to jump onto a higher platform, but that little orange SOB hits him first and ruins it all.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Seabas989

The original, for me. I played it so much when I was younger, since that's what came with my Sega Genesis. And I don't really like the addition of Tails as a partner. When I play 2, 3, & Knuckles I play Sonic alone, everytime. Tails messes you up sometimes, granted it's not to often, but when it does happen it would make me mad to no end. Like planning on jumping on a bad guy to use him to jump onto a higher platform, but that little orange SOB hits him first and ruins it all.

Emerald_Warrior

Ever tried playing with someone else as Tails?

CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 CrimzonTide
Member since 2007 • 12187 Posts
2D: Sonic 2. 3D: Sonic Adventure 2. I love them both.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

If you mean was as in legacy then I guess Sonic 2, but I'd say Sonic Colors (wii) is actually my favorite in the series.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Sonic 3 & Knuckles is by far the best in the series.

The first game is amazing and very memorable. The second game makes necessary improvements and upgrades the graphics, but it's actually, imo, the worst of the genesis series.

Sonic3k is a huge game, bigger levels, faster, a good story (seriously), and I love the Blue Sphere stages.

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

Sonic 3 and Knuckles easily.

Unless you're talking about stand alone games then it would be Sonic 2. The reasons being that Sonic 3 is too easy and both, Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles, seem too short and lacking on their own, they just don't seem complete without the other.

yomanjdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#10 yomanjdf
Member since 2003 • 1166 Posts

2 was the best

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

Sonic 2

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

That is really tough, but I'd have to say Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast, closely followed by Sonic 3. I've always wanted to play Sonic CD, but have never got around to it; it looks freakin amazing!

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#13 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

Sonic 1

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
It's interesting to have to answer this question from the other perspective, as I made a similar thread over a week ago :). But now that I have also played Sonic 3 quite a fair bit, I would still say that 2 is my favourite overall (I have only played the original 3, but plan to play many more soon). I would say I enjoy 1 and 3 probably just as much, maybe even Sonic 3 a bit more, but 2 is my favourite as I grew up playing it (and Sonic 1) a LOT, but Sonic 2 was always my favourite. :) By the way, is there a difference between Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic 3 and Knuckles?
KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

By the way, is there a difference between Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic 3 and Knuckles?Ashley_wwe

If you connect Sonic 3 to Sonic & Knuckles it becomes 1 huge game, you start at the begging of Sonic 3 with your chosen character and play untill the end of Sonic & Knuckles. Also once you have collected the Chaos Emeralds you can start getting the Super Emeralds.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts

Sonic 2.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#17 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

Sonic CD, although Sonic 1 comes close.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#18 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

Sonic CD

Darkman2007

I am going to have to revisit this one pretty soon. I haven't played it in fifteen years but remember just loving the music and thinking the game was only OK. My favorites, personally, is Sonic 2 because of the spin dash and because of the longer levels vs Sonic the Hedgehog. I do like the special stages in the original better though.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#19 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
-Sonic 2 -Sonic Adventure
Fezzinator101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 Fezzinator101
Member since 2011 • 195 Posts

Sonic 2 its my second favorite game of all time.

ModeDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ModeDude
Member since 2009 • 1135 Posts
Sonic 3 & Knuckles, best made platformer in the series. I still don't understand how you people love Sonic CD.
SpikeyAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SpikeyAss
Member since 2011 • 221 Posts

Sonic 3 & Knuckles, best made platformer in the series. I still don't understand how you people love Sonic CD.ModeDude

"Sonic 3 and Knuckles, best made platformer in the series" - I completely disagree

"I still don't understand how you people love Sonic CD" - I completely agree

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#23 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Sonic and Knuckles, love Knuckles.
mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

Sonic 2. It came with my Genesis, and was the first game I owned. Never could beat it though.

darnimsexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 darnimsexy
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Sonic 2. I played that game so freaking much...

norm41x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 norm41x
Member since 2011 • 813 Posts

Sonic 2. I loved getting my bubbles stolen by tails while I'm drowning.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#27 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Sonic 2 because it has so many fond memories and introuduced Tails,the Spin Dash and Super Sonic plus Split Screen was fun.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ashley_wwe
If you connect Sonic 3 to Sonic & Knuckles it becomes 1 huge game, you start at the begging of Sonic 3 with your chosen character and play untill the end of Sonic & Knuckles. Also once you have collected the Chaos Emeralds you can start getting the Super Emeralds.KnightSkull
Ahh, I see, nice! I am assuming by special stages it means that they are all the same stage (the Sonic 3 special stages), but they are just put together, right? Something that confuses me though, Knuckles is at the end of many levels in Sonic 3 and jokes around with Sonic, so does that mean you play the levels differently or have different levels if you use Knuckles on Sonic 3? can you still use Tails on both seperately and together? I wonder if you can combine them on the Xbox 360 versions... :).
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Seabas989

[QUOTE="KnightSkull"]If you connect Sonic 3 to Sonic & Knuckles it becomes 1 huge game, you start at the begging of Sonic 3 with your chosen character and play untill the end of Sonic & Knuckles. Also once you have collected the Chaos Emeralds you can start getting the Super Emeralds.Ashley_wwe
Ahh, I see, nice! I am assuming by special stages it means that they are all the same stage (the Sonic 3 special stages), but they are just put together, right? Something that confuses me though, Knuckles is at the end of many levels in Sonic 3 and jokes around with Sonic, so does that mean you play the levels differently or have different levels if you use Knuckles on Sonic 3? can you still use Tails on both seperately and together? I wonder if you can combine them on the Xbox 360 versions... :).

Storywise, playing as Knuckles happens after playing as Sonic. In other words, if you play as Knuckles, it is close to a continuation of the game. So the Knuckles levels do not happen during the Sonic levels.

Gameplay wise, Knuckles goes through the same zones as Sonic except through a different path for most of them. It is not like playing as Tails which has the same exact levels and path as Sonic.

Bascially, a lot of replay value.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#30 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

Sonic 2 is my favorite. I found sonic 1 and 3 great, but I just like Sonic 2 more. Sonic1 is kinda slow and the lack of spindash can be a pain and sonic3 is too easy at times.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ashley_wwe
[QUOTE="Seabas989"]Storywise, playing as Knuckles happens after playing as Sonic. In other words, if you play as Knuckles, it is close to a continuation of the game. So the Knuckles levels do not happen during the Sonic levels. Gameplay wise, Knuckles goes through the same zones as Sonic except through a different path for most of them. It is not like playing as Tails which has the same exact levels and path as Sonic. Bascially, a lot of replay value.

Ahh, so you have to play as BOTH Sonic and Knuckles, but Sonic first? Either way, sounds cool. I'm going to have to download Sonic & Knuckles and CD on XBLA soon. Actually, hope CD has a set date (it is supposed to be coming out next month on XBLA). :)
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#32 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Equally speaking, my favorite Sonic games are 1, 2, 3, and Sonic and Knuckles. Modern Sonic games don't quite match up to those classics.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Seabas989

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]Storywise, playing as Knuckles happens after playing as Sonic. In other words, if you play as Knuckles, it is close to a continuation of the game. So the Knuckles levels do not happen during the Sonic levels. Gameplay wise, Knuckles goes through the same zones as Sonic except through a different path for most of them. It is not like playing as Tails which has the same exact levels and path as Sonic. Bascially, a lot of replay value.Ashley_wwe
Ahh, so you have to play as BOTH Sonic and Knuckles, but Sonic first? Either way, sounds cool. I'm going to have to download Sonic & Knuckles and CD on XBLA soon. Actually, hope CD has a set date (it is supposed to be coming out next month on XBLA). :)

Just one more thing. You don't have to play as Sonic first so you can tryout Knuckles first.

And Sonic CD is great too. Granted I would still put Sonic 2 and Sonic 3&K's aherad of it though.

R_FGamerChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R_FGamerChris
Member since 2011 • 3948 Posts
Sonic 1 for me - yes Sonic 2 is great but i just loved number 1 so much more
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ashley_wwe
[QUOTE="Seabas989"]Just one more thing. You don't have to play as Sonic first so you can tryout Knuckles first. And Sonic CD is great too. Granted I would still put Sonic 2 and Sonic 3&K's aherad of it though.

Oh, I've already played Sonic 3 a few weeks ago, great game :). So yeah, I would be playing as Knuckles first. I'm going to have to look up to see if the XBLA version can be combined with Sonic 3 on the 360, because I would play it both ways. Just to make sure, if you play Sonic and Knuckles alone, it is the last level after taking out the boss on Sonic 3 on it's own, right? and you instantly go for the new emeralds? :)
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Seabas989

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]Just one more thing. You don't have to play as Sonic first so you can tryout Knuckles first. And Sonic CD is great too. Granted I would still put Sonic 2 and Sonic 3&K's aherad of it though.Ashley_wwe
Oh, I've already played Sonic 3 a few weeks ago, great game :). So yeah, I would be playing as Knuckles first. I'm going to have to look up to see if the XBLA version can be combined with Sonic 3 on the 360, because I would play it both ways. Just to make sure, if you play Sonic and Knuckles alone, it is the last level after taking out the boss on Sonic 3 on it's own, right? and you instantly go for the new emeralds? :)

Yeah after the last level of Sonic 3, which includes the bosses you go to the first level of Sonic and Knuckles and start to get the other emeralds.

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts
Sonic 3 + Knuckles still stands to this day as the best game in the series imo
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ashley_wwe
Yeah after the last level of Sonic 3, which includes the bosses you go to the first level of Sonic and Knuckles and start to get the other emeralds.Seabas989
Gotcha :). It also seems like Sonic 3 + Knuckles might be harder, because if I have read correctly, you have to get the Sonic 3 Chaos Emeralds first, before you even start to get the Knuckles ones.
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

2D: Sonic 3

3D: Sonic Adventure

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#40 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Can't say how many hours I spent in that game.
AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts

Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Sonic 2 is great too but Sonic 3&K was the overall better game. I don't know how many times I would replay and beat it over and over again. Plus playing as Knuckles was a lot of fun.

Seabas989
Took the words out of my mouth. Sonic 3 & Knuckles was the best.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

AirGuitarist87

As a kid growing up around Mario and Sonic, Sonic 3 is the one that myself and all my sonic loving friends thought was lousy. I feel the same way today. The game just doesn't feel like Sonic. The flow of the game is different. I wouldn't be surprised if a different group of people worked on it--especially the art direction. Where the first two games really succeeded on shape and color theory, the third is just downright lousy.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#43 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts
Sonic 3 and Knuckles of the Genesis/Mega Drive games.
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Seabas989

[QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"][QUOTE="Seabas989"]

Heirren

As a kid growing up around Mario and Sonic, Sonic 3 is the one that myself and all my sonic loving friends thought was lousy. I feel the same way today. The game just doesn't feel like Sonic. The flow of the game is different. I wouldn't be surprised if a different group of people worked on it--especially the art direction. Where the first two games really succeeded on shape and color theory, the third is just downright lousy.

Sonic 3 alone or Sonic 3 and Knuckles?

Either way if you asked me back in the 90s I would say Sonic 2. However, slowly Sonic 3 and Knuckles grew on me to the point where I enjoyed it. Sonic 1 is good but it hasn't aged as well as the sequels and felt short. Sonic 2 is a great game too but I honestly think that some zones were lousy and I thought Tails was useless. It did introduce the spin dash so that's always a plus. At least with Sonic 3, you can actually fly with Tails.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ashley_wwe
[QUOTE="Seabas989"]Sonic 3 alone or Sonic 3 and Knuckles? Either way if you asked me back in the 90s I would say Sonic 2. However, slowly Sonic 3 and Knuckles grew on me to the point where I enjoyed it. Sonic 1 is good but it hasn't aged as well as the sequels and felt short. Sonic 2 is a great game too but I honestly think that some zones were lousy and I thought Tails was useless. It did introduce the spin dash so that's always a plus. At least with Sonic 3, you can actually fly with Tails.

I too felt that Sonic 3 was a bit weird at first... but it was around the time that I got to the Carnival Night Zone where my thoughts of the game changed drastically. I am slowly beginning to appreciate the first levels a bit more (especially the second one that's got water) and the garden one after that. I think it was because the music sounds exactly the same up to the point of Carnival Night Zone, so the enjoyment of a Sonic game didn't really poke through until that moment. But if you ignore the music on the first few levels, they're pretty awesome. Although that first level isn't very interesting to me still, it's just average. But the more I play it over the months/years I'm sure I'll begin to love it as much as the others which I first played back in the early 90's! it's getting there already. Lol it already kind of feels nostalgic to hear Casino Night Zone and Ice Cap Zone songs :P. As for Sonic 1, always a decent game to me, but I don't think it's quite as good as the second one. My problem with the first one is some of the later levels. As soon as you hit the Labyrinth zone, I feel as though it's not as good as the first 3 areas (Green Hill... or is that Sonic 2 name? I always forget... and the Marble one and the Spring Yard Zone). Maybe it is just because I never was able to complete it back in the day due to the Labyrinth being SO hard. I actually found the space one after it really quite easy, to be honest!! and then the final boss fight isn't anything memorable to be honest. So yeah, of the 3 games I've played so far, it goes like this: Sonic 1 - I prefer the first half of the game Sonic 2 - love all of the game Sonic 3 - I prefer the last half of the game :P
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"] Took the words out of my mouth. Sonic 3 & Knuckles was the best.Seabas989

Sonic 3 alone or Sonic 3 and Knuckles?

Either way if you asked me back in the 90s I would say Sonic 2. However, slowly Sonic 3 and Knuckles grew on me to the point where I enjoyed it. Sonic 1 is good but it hasn't aged as well as the sequels and felt short. Sonic 2 is a great game too but I honestly think that some zones were lousy and I thought Tails was useless. It did introduce the spin dash so that's always a plus. At least with Sonic 3, you can actually fly with Tails.

Just Sonic 3 in general. Sonic 1&2 had a very distinct feeling about them. The artists had very specific colors/shapes in mind in giving the game its unique look. Not only that, but the level design was just better, or perhaps I should put it this way; based off the structure of Sonic one, sonic 2 elaborated on it, and sonic 3 ventured too far from what made sonic, well, sonic.(too many sonics, i know:)) Also, the visuals of Sonic 3 are just a muddy mess, imo.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 silent_bomber
Member since 2009 • 767 Posts

Sonic 3 and Knuckles for me by a country mile.

I've never been keen on Sonic 2, it simplified and deviated from the original formula too much, I'm glad Sonic Team went back to their roots with Sonic 3 and included all the things which made the original game so great (and hey, they kept a few Sonic 2-style levels here and there to keep fans happy)

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Absolutely, hands-down "Sonic Spinball".

:)

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#49 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Sonic 2 was absolutely the best one. THey just got everything right with it.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ashley_wwe
Sonic 2 was absolutely the best one. THey just got everything right with it.BuryMe
I agree :). Sonic 2 was near perfection. I love pretty much all of the levels, although I did feel that a third Metropolis was unnessassary (spelling), and it kind of made the levels drag on a little too much. I also found the Sky Chase level a bit dull, to be honest. It felt pointless and out of place, personally. :)