Which Sonic was your favorite?

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LPG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 LPG13
Member since 2011 • 141 Posts
yes, sonic 3, then sonic 1, then sonic and knuckles, then sonic 2...
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts

Sonic 2

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
Curious - how does Sonic & Knuckles fare as a standalone game?
LPG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 LPG13
Curious - how does Sonic & Knuckles fare as a standalone game?Ashley_wwe
i dont get what you mean. it is a standalone game with its own campaign.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#55 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="Ashley_wwe"]Curious - how does Sonic & Knuckles fare as a standalone game?LPG13

That's exactly what she's asking. How is Sonic & Knuckles alone? Not counting the plug-in feature.

It's a great 2D platformer, right up there with Sonic 1-3.

LPG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LPG13

[QUOTE="LPG13"][QUOTE="Ashley_wwe"]Curious - how does Sonic & Knuckles fare as a standalone game?Emerald_Warrior

That's exactly what she's asking. How is Sonic & Knuckles alone? Not counting the plug-in feature.

indeed, i loved sonic and knuckles a lot, but sonic 3 is my favourite, then comes the 1st one, and then the S&K. a lot of people name the 2nd as the best, but i didnt really like it that much... has anybody played the 3d blast one? i actually liked that one a lot... maybe cause it was 3d, and that was something new back then
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="LPG13"] i dont get what you mean. it is a standalone game with its own campaign.LPG13

indeed, i loved sonic and knuckles a lot, but sonic 3 is my favourite, then comes the 1st one, and then the S&K. a lot of people name the 2nd as the best, but i didnt really like it that much... has anybody played the 3d blast one? i actually liked that one a lot... maybe cause it was 3d, and that was something new back then

I'm not alone! I thought I was the only gamer out there that enjoys this game. I still think Sonic 1-3 & Knuckles are better games, though.

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

[QUOTE="LPG13"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Emerald_Warrior

I'm not alone! I thought I was the only gamer out there that enjoys this game. I still think Sonic 1-3 & Knuckles are better games, though.

I personally think Sonic 2 is the worst out of the 4 sonic games for the megadrive (not counting spinball)

AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts

[QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"][QUOTE="Seabas989"]

Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Sonic 2 is great too but Sonic 3&K was the overall better game. I don't know how many times I would replay and beat it over and over again. Plus playing as Knuckles was a lot of fun.

Heirren

Took the words out of my mouth. Sonic 3 & Knuckles was the best.

As a kid growing up around Mario and Sonic, Sonic 3 is the one that myself and all my sonic loving friends thought was lousy. I feel the same way today. The game just doesn't feel like Sonic. The flow of the game is different. I wouldn't be surprised if a different group of people worked on it--especially the art direction. Where the first two games really succeeded on shape and color theory, the third is just downright lousy.

Really? I loved Sonic 3, namely for the save system. At the time I could have sworn it was voodoo magic. The whole game felt very polished to me, maybe not as streamlined as the other games but I feel it was the best out of Sonic 1-3.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="AirGuitarist87"] Took the words out of my mouth. Sonic 3 & Knuckles was the best.AirGuitarist87

As a kid growing up around Mario and Sonic, Sonic 3 is the one that myself and all my sonic loving friends thought was lousy. I feel the same way today. The game just doesn't feel like Sonic. The flow of the game is different. I wouldn't be surprised if a different group of people worked on it--especially the art direction. Where the first two games really succeeded on shape and color theory, the third is just downright lousy.

Really? I loved Sonic 3, namely for the save system. At the time I could have sworn it was voodoo magic. The whole game felt very polished to me, maybe not as streamlined as the other games but I feel it was the best out of Sonic 1-3.

It was more visually impressive than the first two.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Ashley_wwe
Still can't wait to play S&K :). It's actually interesting to see that people LOVE Sonic 3 & Knuckles but not Sonic & Knuckles on its' own so much :). Sonic 3 is a great game, but it still feels a little weird at times. I think it's because of the pacing, or something... can't quite put my finger on it. It's something to do with the first few levels.
LPG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LPG13
[QUOTE="Ashley_wwe"]Still can't wait to play S&K :). It's actually interesting to see that people LOVE Sonic 3 & Knuckles but not Sonic & Knuckles on its' own so much :). Sonic 3 is a great game, but it still feels a little weird at times. I think it's because of the pacing, or something... can't quite put my finger on it. It's something to do with the first few levels.

wait, wait, wait there boy... Sonic 3 AND Knuckles? WHAT THE F**K is that? i played Sonic 3 and then i played another game called Sonic & Knuckles (which was similar to Sonic 3 graphically) but i never played a game called Sonic 3 & Knuckles. are you sure thats not a mod or a hack rom?
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Sonic 2 was my favorite.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 silent_bomber
Member since 2009 • 767 Posts

Sonic 3 and Knuckles happens when you join Sonic 3 to Sonic and Knuckles and play the whole thing through from start to finish. When you play the game like this it is altered so that the two games merge with each other, with the end of Sonic 3 being removed and instead having a transition to Sonic and Knuckles' first level in its place, and the Sonic and Knuckles levels having full save game capability (as well as some other changes throughout the game such as music and sound effect differences, and all the bonus stages being available in all the levels)

it is the true "Sonic 3" as essentially what happened, due to time constraits, ROM prices, and possibly the fact that Sega had nothing lined up to compete against Nintendo in the Fall, was that Sega split Sonic 3 into two separate halves to sell it as two separate games, the first half became "Sonic 3" and the second half became "Sonic and Knuckles" when joined together they are the complete, original game as it was initially intended to be.

LPG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 LPG13

Sonic 3 and Knuckles happens when you join Sonic 3 to Sonic and Knuckles and play the whole thing through from start to finish. When you play the game like this it is altered so that the two games merge with each other, with the end of Sonic 3 being removed and instead having a transition to Sonic and Knuckles' first level in its place, and the Sonic and Knuckles levels having full save game capability (as well as some other changes throughout the game such as music and sound effect differences, and all the bonus stages being available in all the levels)

it is the true "Sonic 3" as essentially what happened, due to time constraits, ROM prices, and possibly the fact that Sega had nothing lined up to compete against Nintendo in the Fall, was that Sega split Sonic 3 into two separate halves to sell it as two separate games, the first half became "Sonic 3" and the second half became "Sonic and Knuckles" when joined together they are the complete, original game as it was initially intended to be.

Domino_slayer
i did not know that, great info! thanks!
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Ashley_wwe
Heh yeah, that's it! :P so that's why I have Sonic & Knuckles AND Sonic 3 & Knuckles to look forward to in the near future when I get around to them on XBLA! :D I didn't know that though, the final boss fight of Sonic 3 is cut out if merged together? but it was quite fun (if really hard during my first playthrough, which meant I kept having to save after every hit) :(
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#67 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

Heh yeah, that's it! :P so that's why I have Sonic & Knuckles AND Sonic 3 & Knuckles to look forward to in the near future when I get around to them on XBLA! :D I didn't know that though, the final boss fight of Sonic 3 is cut out if merged together? but it was quite fun (if really hard during my first playthrough, which meant I kept having to save after every hit) :(Ashley_wwe

meh , I would generally avoid playing old games via XBLA/PSN due to the HD issues

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Ashley_wwe"]Heh yeah, that's it! :P so that's why I have Sonic & Knuckles AND Sonic 3 & Knuckles to look forward to in the near future when I get around to them on XBLA! :D I didn't know that though, the final boss fight of Sonic 3 is cut out if merged together? but it was quite fun (if really hard during my first playthrough, which meant I kept having to save after every hit) :(Darkman2007

meh , I would generally avoid playing old games via XBLA/PSN due to the HD issues

What issues? They play fine.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

[QUOTE="Ashley_wwe"]Heh yeah, that's it! :P so that's why I have Sonic & Knuckles AND Sonic 3 & Knuckles to look forward to in the near future when I get around to them on XBLA! :D I didn't know that though, the final boss fight of Sonic 3 is cut out if merged together? but it was quite fun (if really hard during my first playthrough, which meant I kept having to save after every hit) :(Emerald_Warrior

What issues? They play fine.

they play fine, but I find they look worse through HDMI than through RGB in most cases. reason being is that HDMI is too sharp and in most cases, shows every little pixle, which isnt a good thing. whats worse is that some games Ive seen , play in a box due to resolution issues. its a good option if you can't access the original , thats true, but since I do have several ways to play those games, the HD rereleases tend to be downgrades
Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts
Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ashley_wwe
meh , I would generally avoid playing old games via XBLA/PSN due to the HD issuesDarkman2007
At the moment I don't have an HDTV but either way I think that they look okay :). I would like to eventually get the originals (as I used to with Sonic 1 and 2), but at the moment my only consoles are PS1, Wii, PSP, PS2, PS3 (although that's my brothers) and an Xbox 360... and PC, of course. I would like to own a Sega Mega Drive again at some point, but I am happy with getting them on XBLA, they also have multiplayer and achievements (and the ability to save anywhere) :).
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]meh , I would generally avoid playing old games via XBLA/PSN due to the HD issuesAshley_wwe
At the moment I don't have an HDTV but either way I think that they look okay :). I would like to eventually get the originals (as I used to with Sonic 1 and 2), but at the moment my only consoles are PS1, Wii, PSP, PS2, PS3 (although that's my brothers) and an Xbox 360... and PC, of course. I would like to own a Sega Mega Drive again at some point, but I am happy with getting them on XBLA, they also have multiplayer and achievements (and the ability to save anywhere) :).

just get Sonic Jam , Sonic 1/2/3/Knuckles with extras
LPG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 LPG13
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]meh , I would generally avoid playing old games via XBLA/PSN due to the HD issuesAshley_wwe

i still have all my consoles but i dont have any sega genesis joypad, the ones i had broke up, and i think i lost the AV connector too, otherwise i would still be rocking the megadrive every once in a while.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Ashley_wwe"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"]meh , I would generally avoid playing old games via XBLA/PSN due to the HD issuesDarkman2007

Forget Sonic Jam. Get Sonic Mega Collection Plus. It has Sonic 1-3 and Knuckles plus the extras, just like Sonic Jam, but it also has Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Spinball, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, and a handful of Game Gear Sonic titles all on one disc, for under $10. Plus there's other unlockable games like Comix Zone. It's on PS2, XBox, and Gamecube but the Gamecube version is missing the Game Gear games.

LPG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LPG13

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Ashley_wwe"] At the moment I don't have an HDTV but either way I think that they look okay :). I would like to eventually get the originals (as I used to with Sonic 1 and 2), but at the moment my only consoles are PS1, Wii, PSP, PS2, PS3 (although that's my brothers) and an Xbox 360... and PC, of course. I would like to own a Sega Mega Drive again at some point, but I am happy with getting them on XBLA, they also have multiplayer and achievements (and the ability to save anywhere) :).Emerald_Warrior

Forget Sonic Jam. Get Sonic Mega Collection Plus. It has Sonic 1-3 and Knuckles plus the extras, just like Sonic Jam, but it also has Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Spinball, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, and a handful of Game Gear Sonic titles all on one disc, for under $10. Plus there's other unlockable games like Comix Zone. It's on PS2, XBox, and Gamecube but the Gamecube version is missing the Game Gear games.

i agree, specially cause Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is f*cking awesome!
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Ashley_wwe"] At the moment I don't have an HDTV but either way I think that they look okay :). I would like to eventually get the originals (as I used to with Sonic 1 and 2), but at the moment my only consoles are PS1, Wii, PSP, PS2, PS3 (although that's my brothers) and an Xbox 360... and PC, of course. I would like to own a Sega Mega Drive again at some point, but I am happy with getting them on XBLA, they also have multiplayer and achievements (and the ability to save anywhere) :).Emerald_Warrior

actually, thats true, the Mega Collection Plus is a good choice, though you do miss out on the spindash in Sonic 1 , as minor a point as it is. I still use Sonic Jam despite a copy of the Mega Collection in the house, but thats probably just because its instinctive to play a Sonic game on a Sega system , and Sonic Jam is the best Sonic collection on a Sega system. kinda had the same feeling with Daytona, I got the PS3 version , but for some odd reason I had a feeling I was supposed to hold a Sega controller.
SpikeyAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SpikeyAss
Member since 2011 • 221 Posts

Emerald_Warrior

Forget Sonic Mega Collection Plus. Get Sonic Jam.

Sonic Jam doesn't contain emulated versions of the games like every other Sonic/Mega Drive compilation and PSN/XBLA release. It actually utilizes the Saturn's hardware, and in the process, actually makes many improvements to the games unlike all of the directly emulated versions.

You can spin dash in the original Sonic, the graphics have been improved, the sound quality has been improved (being on a CD)...Isn't that enough already? There's multiple difficulty levels as well - a much better alternative for people who are having trouble and are having to save in the menu every 5 seconds. I usually play on an easier difficulty level my self in order to make Sonic 2's bonus stages a lot easier. I always like to play with Tails, but he's a pain in the ass when it comes to the bonus stages normally.

There are many, many other minor improvements they made to the games as well. Heck, in the original Sonic, when Sonic halts to a stop when running, he leaves behind skid marks just like in the later games. And this has actually always been within the game's original ROM, but never implemented in the game. Sonic Jam is the only compilation/release to ever feature this! As minor as that is, it still goes to show that they actually improved upon everything they could with Sonic Jam, where as of the later directly emulated versions make no improvements to the game. They're actually worser versions due to looking slightly worse; Sonic Mega Collection Plus has resolution issues and the PSN/XBLA are all in HD. Even if they only look slightly worse, the point still stands.

Sonic Mega Collection Plus is still great, but definitely not as good if you're just wanting to play Sonic 1-3 and Sonic and Knuckles. The PS2 version also has some emulation issues like delayed sound effects and the music volume being incorrect in the game too; Sonic Team weren't experienced with the PS2 at the time and it's also a difficult console to develop games for, thus the result of the emulation issues.

I have the original Sonic Mega Collection on the Gamecube and you have to unlock a lot of the games. It's an annoying inclusion and I just ended up using an Action Replay to unlock them all. For example, if you want to play as Knuckles in Sonic 2, you must first play Sonic 2 and Sonic Spinball 20 times each. I don't know if this is the same with Sonic Mega Collection Plus? I've got a sealed copy of it on the PS2...And I don't wanna open it :P

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Darkman2007

I don't know about the visuals being better in Sonic Jam , the picture quality is better (even between an RGB MD and and RGB SAT) , but I would have thought its most likely just the Saturn having a better video output.

though youre right about the emulation thing, Sonic Jam is one of the few compilations that isnt emulated, and you get the 3D world which is neat.

though the primary reason I play it, is because its an improvement over the original, while still being on a Sega system :P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts
Sonic 2
SpikeyAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 SpikeyAss

I don't know about the visuals being better in Sonic Jam , the picture quality is better (even between an RGB MD and and RGB SAT) , but I would have thought its most likely just the Saturn having a better video output.

though youre right about the emulation thing, Sonic Jam is one of the few compilations that isnt emulated, and you get the 3D world which is neat.

though the primary reason I play it, is because its an improvement over the original, while still being on a Sega system :P

Darkman2007

Ahh, that would explain why the games look better then.

While the 3D world is pretty neat, the missions are a complete waste of time. The museums (or whatever you wanna call them) are the main attraction of the world for me.

And yeah, it does feel right to be playing it on a Sega system! :)

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

SpikeyAss

Ahh, that would explain why the games look better then.

While the 3D world is pretty neat, the missions are a complete waste of time. The museums (or whatever you wanna call them) are the main attraction of the world for me.

And yeah, it does feel right to be playing it on a Sega system! :)

yeah , Ive noticed it on the Columns arcade collection , it has Columns 1 , which is a bit sharper than the original, the MD's picture quality isn't half bad though , for a 1988 console (going by the original JPN release) the 3D world is nice to see , but yes it does get boring rather quickly.
LordDarkrai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 LordDarkrai
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
My favorite Sonic game is Sonic the Hedgehog 2 which is one of my favorite games of all time.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Emerald_Warrior

SpikeyAss

Forget Sonic Mega Collection Plus. Get Sonic Jam.

Sonic Jam doesn't contain emulated versions of the games like every other Sonic/Mega Drive compilation and PSN/XBLA release. It actually utilizes the Saturn's hardware, and in the process, actually makes many improvements to the games unlike all of the directly emulated versions.

You can spin dash in the original Sonic, the graphics have been improved, the sound quality has been improved (being on a CD)...Isn't that enough already? There's multiple difficulty levels as well - a much better alternative for people who are having trouble and are having to save in the menu every 5 seconds. I usually play on an easier difficulty level my self in order to make Sonic 2's bonus stages a lot easier. I always like to play with Tails, but he's a pain in the ass when it comes to the bonus stages normally.

There are many, many other minor improvements they made to the games as well. Heck, in the original Sonic, when Sonic halts to a stop when running, he leaves behind skid marks just like in the later games. And this has actually always been within the game's original ROM, but never implemented in the game. Sonic Jam is the only compilation/release to ever feature this! As minor as that is, it still goes to show that they actually improved upon everything they could with Sonic Jam, where as of the later directly emulated versions make no improvements to the game. They're actually worser versions due to looking slightly worse; Sonic Mega Collection Plus has resolution issues and the PSN/XBLA are all in HD. Even if they only look slightly worse, the point still stands.

Sonic Mega Collection Plus is still great, but definitely not as good if you're just wanting to play Sonic 1-3 and Sonic and Knuckles. The PS2 version also has some emulation issues like delayed sound effects and the music volume being incorrect in the game too; Sonic Team weren't experienced with the PS2 at the time and it's also a difficult console to develop games for, thus the result of the emulation issues.

I have the original Sonic Mega Collection on the Gamecube and you have to unlock a lot of the games. It's an annoying inclusion and I just ended up using an Action Replay to unlock them all. For example, if you want to play as Knuckles in Sonic 2, you must first play Sonic 2 and Sonic Spinball 20 times each. I don't know if this is the same with Sonic Mega Collection Plus? I've got a sealed copy of it on the PS2...And I don't wanna open it :P

I never have actually played Sonic Jam, so I'm sure a you're right about the improvements. However, I do own Sonic Mega Collection Plus on PS2 and I own the original Sega Genesis cartridges of Sonic 1-3 and Sonic & Knuckles. And I have never noticed any emulation issues on Sonic Mega Collection Plus. They sound and look just the same on PS2. If there are indeed differences, they have to be very minor; I played a whole lot of Sonic the Hedgehog in the 90s and know the game very well

SpikeyAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 SpikeyAss

I never have actually played Sonic Jam, so I'm sure a you're right about the improvements. However, I do own Sonic Mega Collection Plus on PS2 and I own the original Sega Genesis cartridges of Sonic 1-3 and Sonic & Knuckles. And I have never noticed any emulation issues on Sonic Mega Collection Plus. They sound and look just the same on PS2. If there are indeed differences, they have to be very minor; I played a whole lot of Sonic the Hedgehog in the 90s and know the game very well

Emerald_Warrior

I've not played SMCP my self for a very long time, but I have read several reviews that say the PS2 version has emulation issues. Even Sonic Wikia mentions it. Perhaps they're a rare occurence and you've just not encountered any. Or maybe you've got a greatest hits version of the game which Sonic Team fixed the issues with? Who knows.

Eitherway, on SMCP, the games all run in 640 x 480...Sonic Team were so lazy.

Even worse, for us Europeans anyway, the PAL version doesn't support 60hz.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Darkman2007

SpikeyAss

I've not played SMCP my self for a very long time, but I have read several reviews that say the PS2 version has emulation issues. Even Sonic Wikia mentions it. Perhaps they're a rare occurence and you've just not encountered any. Or maybe you've got a greatest hits version of the game which Sonic Team fixed the issues with? Who knows.

Eitherway, on SMCP, the games all run in 640 x 480...Sonic Team were so lazy.

Even worse, for us Europeans anyway, the PAL version doesn't support 60hz.

I have both of them (or to be precise, I have Sonic Jam , while my brother owns the Mega Collection Plus) , and frankly , yes, the Mega Collection is an emulation , didn't notice any huge issues, but the Sonic Jam versions are the ones I play for the improvements and the other reasons mentioned above.

you sure about the 640X480 thing? it was years since I played the collection so I can't remember 100% (and sadly my brother lost the disc)

if they did it might end up looking odd.

SpikeyAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 SpikeyAss

I have both of them (or to be precise, I have Sonic Jam , while my brother owns the Mega Collection Plus) , and frankly , yes, the Mega Collection is an emulation , didn't notice any huge issues, but the Sonic Jam versions are the ones I play for the improvements and the other reasons mentioned above.

you sure about the 640X480 thing? it was years since I played the collection so I can't remember 100% (and sadly my brother lost the disc)

Darkman2007

Yeah. I'm 100% sure, even googled it quick.

Sega were probably too lazy to add an option to increase the resolution.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

SpikeyAss

Yeah. I'm 100% sure, even googled it quick.

Sega were probably too lazy to add an option to increase the resolution.

thats actually a higher res than the original , so they did raise it, though that might cause some odd graphical issues such as character sizes changing.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Ashley_wwe
I have heard about all of these versions, but I am happy to download them off of XBLA for the time being :). I will eventually get the Sonic Collection though (there is one on 360), but it is seen as a different game (achievements-wise and stuff), so it's all good. I am happy downloading them for now, and getting the collections at a later time. I could be wrong but I don't think the collections have online, so there's a reason to own both. There is also a disc with Crazy Taxi, something else (I think) and Sonic Adventure for the 360 as well, so that's how I am going to get Adventure, but I'm going to download Sonic & Knuckles. :) There are soo many versions of Sonic games in existence lol :P.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Sonic 2. I never owned3 or knuckles, so I just played this game into the dirt. To be truthful, the BEST sonic game is Sonic CD, but my favorite will always be 2.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

My fave was 1 but I think 2 is best.

Superzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#91 Superzone
Member since 2004 • 3733 Posts
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is my all time favorite Sonic game, and it likely will never be matched. Probably cracks my top 10 favorite games ever.
Avatar image for FamousVampire68
FamousVampire68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 FamousVampire68
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Sonic 3 for me
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#93 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

Sonic 2 for me. The level design and variety was amazing.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#94 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast is the absolute best Sonic game. I love the sense of adventure that game has with the adventure fields. I wish Sonic Team would be brave enough to try adventure fields in a Sonic game again.

Avatar image for CrazyRacerXtrem
CrazyRacerXtrem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 CrazyRacerXtrem
Member since 2011 • 27 Posts
SONIC SHADOW ZONE
mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

Sega Genesis was my first home console and Sonic 2 was my first game, so that one.

calebcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 calebcop
Member since 2009 • 889 Posts

Mine is, and always will be, Sonic 3. A lot of people say Sonic 2 is the best, which I never really understood, but to each his own.

Thoughts?

FaithfulBro
Agreed. I grew up with S3, wouldn't have it any other way.
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#98 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

Mine is, and always will be, Sonic 3. A lot of people say Sonic 2 is the best, which I never really understood, but to each his own.

Thoughts?

FaithfulBro

Sonic 3 and Sonic Adventure were my favorites.

ContraQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ContraQueen
Member since 2009 • 2460 Posts

Definitely Sonic 2, hands down!

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
I prefer the original because the others are a little too fast and furious for me, I'm not much of a Sonic fan though. I did enjoy Sonic Adventure a lot but it came with my Dreamcast. DK Country FTW