What makes a game not worth $60 to you?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jugman720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Jugman720
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
If it has 'Call of duty' and a number greater than 1 in the title, or it is being sold for 60 dollars under and circumstances.
Avatar image for Apathetic_Prick
Apathetic_Prick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Apathetic_Prick
Member since 2003 • 4789 Posts

Short length, mediocre gameplay and story being the greatest focus will immediately throw a game off of my radar - the latter point is regardless of price point, btw.

If a current game is less than 10 hours long, its not worth it. If the multiplayer component requires a separate online pass, it's not worth it. If buying a separate online pass is neede to get full enjoyment from the product, $60 is too much.

If it's a matter of style over substance - again, $60 is too much. If a sequel is sold as the last in the series and ends with a cliff-hanger, sixty goddamned dollars is too goddamned much.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#53 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

The worst thing is when a game is overly scripted. If I'm paying 60 dollars the game should let me play it. Movies only cost $20

Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

The worst thing is when a game is overly scripted. If I'm paying 60 dollars the game should let me play it. Movies only cost $20

Pikminmaniac

You're totally right. Max Payne 3 is over-priced.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

I'm reading $60 as "full price" because of our higher priced games in AU. But I suppose for me, the main thing would be how many hours I actually get out of the game. Though of course, I'm not going too spend to many hours on a game that isn't really that fun to play.

The next thing whould probably be the overall experience. I can spend a few hours less on a game that I really enjoyed, or a few hours more on a game that I didn't like as much. Either way, those are probably the 2 main things for me. So if I don't feel as though I've gotten my hours wort out of the game, as well as actually not enjoying the game itself, then it's not going to be worth it.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
I say, if a game isn't a solid 30 hours of fun, it's not worth it. I figure if I spend about 1 dollar per 30 minutes of fun, that's pretty good.
Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

I've never paid $60 for a game, and I never will.

When Mass Effect 2 was $60 for the PS3, I bought it for $10 on Steam.

Unfortunately, the idiots of society will pay whatever they're told to pay by websites and ad hype, and defend their right to be ripped off until their dying breath . . . which is why devs/publishers will continue to raise prices.