Ubisoft's We Dare - An erotic party game for the Wii.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

Ubisoft has made an erotic party game for the Wii called We Dare. This game looks laughably bad. Some of the links at the end are mildly NSFW. Will this be a hit at your next swinger party?:P

#2 Posted by RK-Mara (11488 posts) -
I want my two minutes back.
#3 Posted by starwarsjunky (24740 posts) -
words....do not describe....the terror....
#4 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -
i never saw the benefits of the wiimote jacket until now.
#5 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

They're trying to connect to the adult-wii owner market? /gasp The things the people in that vid are doing are completely irrelevant to what you see in the "game." Who the hell wants to put their mouth up against a ****-shaped remote control. And who knows where that thing's been. Dear gawd. Thanks for creating a better image of video gaming for us all. Just...when Ubisoft has out trust back with DRM-free AC:Brotherhood.

#6 Posted by gbrading (8057 posts) -

The trailer is absolutely creepy. All of the actors look really uncomfortable with what they're doing. Still, this in the world in which Wii Party exists (which features a game where you have to hide the Wiimote in a room somewhere and try and find it), so anything is possible.

#7 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

:P Sounds like things are about to get risque in all those Wii playing retirement homes Nintendo brags about.

#8 Posted by SteelAttack (10520 posts) -
Well, I guess that'll put that motion plus add-on to good use (more lenght).
#9 Posted by 190586385885857957282413308806 (13084 posts) -
I thought I slept until April 1st. wow i hope Ubisoft's testers get diseases from licking the remotes like that.
#10 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

This picture was already creepy. It just got creepier.:P

#11 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27849 posts) -
You know. I really want to know what's going on in Ubisoft's collective minds at times. This is one of them.
#12 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

You know. I really want to know what's going on in Ubisoft's collective minds at times. This is one of them.Yagr_Zero

You just reminded me of their awful Battle Tagpresentation from last year's E3.

#13 Posted by gbrading (8057 posts) -

[QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"]You know. I really want to know what's going on in Ubisoft's collective minds at times. This is one of them.rragnaar

15 Minutes of James Cameron! :cry: *mortal fear*

#14 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

[QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"]You know. I really want to know what's going on in Ubisoft's collective minds at times. This is one of them.gbrading

:lol:... I'd forgotten about that!
#15 Posted by gbrading (8057 posts) -

:lol:... I'd forgotten about that!rragnaar

I wish I could forget... :(

#16 Posted by metroidprime55 (17657 posts) -

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

[QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"]You know. I really want to know what's going on in Ubisoft's collective minds at times. This is one of them.gbrading

Innergy!

#17 Posted by Allicrombie (25359 posts) -
wonder how much those people in the commercial got paid.
#18 Posted by Morphic (4345 posts) -

I bet on the back of the box is a warning that says "Warning: Product may cause your wife to have sex with another man."

#19 Posted by c_rakestraw (14762 posts) -

[QUOTE="gbrading"]

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

metroidprime55

Innergy!

This qoute chain pretty much sums up Ubisoft, I think: an endless series of strange decisions and embarrassing moments.

#20 Posted by CD-i_ownz (494 posts) -

The hell....

#21 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]

[QUOTE="gbrading"]

c_rake

Innergy!

This qoute chain pretty much sums up Ubisoft, I think: an endless series of strange decisions and embarrassing moments.

That line made me think of Konami's conference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6OCnvvkSLM

#22 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

[QUOTE="c_rake"]

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]

Innergy!

CarnageHeart

You will be sucked!
#23 Posted by AzelKosMos (34194 posts) -

Well that was.....different.

#24 Posted by c_rakestraw (14762 posts) -

CarnageHeart

Wow. That was terrible. And here I thought those Ubisoft conferences were bad...

#25 Posted by metroidprime55 (17657 posts) -

[QUOTE="c_rake"]

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]

Innergy!

CarnageHeart

Konami won't be around much longer after that.

#26 Posted by _Dez_ (2398 posts) -

CarnageHeart

Love that conference, so embarrasingly hilarious. They need to give me whatever they were taking.

Oh, and We Dare looks pretty awful, too.

#27 Posted by Gammit10 (2287 posts) -
Day one purchase for me and my harem.
#28 Posted by Katsumic (253 posts) -

I'm sorry, but that game idea needs to go into the trash bin. I guess it has its niche, but yikes..

#29 Posted by Archangel3371 (15952 posts) -
I'm surprised Nintendo would actually allow something like this on their system. Personally I think it's great that something like this is coming out as it further removes gaming as just a 'kids hobby'.
#30 Posted by UpInFlames (13279 posts) -

Taken from YouTube comments:

Wow, not only is this the worst idea for a video game ever, but the characters portrayed are the kind of people who cut me off in their BMW, because they're talking on their iPhone and are not actually paying attention to the world around them, and I spend the rest of the day fantasizing about them dying in a fire.

:lol:

#31 Posted by Treflis (11656 posts) -
Can't be worse then Wii sport...
#32 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

Wow, not only is this the worst idea for a video game ever, but the characters portrayed are the kind of people who cut me off in their BMW, because they're talking on their iPhone and are not actually paying attention to the world around them, and I spend the rest of the day fantasizing about them dying in a fire.

UpInFlames

That is pretty fantastic!

#33 Posted by Flame_Blade88 (39348 posts) -
Just picture one lonely guy playing it by himself, just spanking himself on the couch :lol:
#34 Posted by DigitalExile (16049 posts) -

That was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul, Ubisoft.

#35 Posted by wwefanforlife (3248 posts) -

I'm quite surprised the PEGI rating board who rate our games have rated it as 12 I'm guessing Ubisoft want young people to do these erotic moves with the Wii controller or Playstation Move controller. It makes me think if Jack Thompson is going to complain about We Dare. Ubisoft should stop making these terrible party games and make a Rayman game.

#36 Posted by andalore (2644 posts) -

GOTY Material here, although I doubt that GOTY would mean Game of the Year in this case...

#37 Posted by ExoticAnimal (39796 posts) -

Do the two girls come with the game? O_o

#38 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

lol is this thing promoting swinging? wtf?

#39 Posted by StealthMonkey4 (7041 posts) -

That looked absolutely terrible...

OT: How does the video have 578 likes, 1338 dislikes, and had 1152 comments, but only 325 views?

#40 Posted by ChiliDragon (8444 posts) -
wonder how much those people in the commercial got paid.Allicrombie
Nowhere near close enough.
#41 Posted by Maroxad (8512 posts) -

Ubisoft do wierd and sometimes questionable stuff all the time. This game is both wierd and questionable. I must say, the motion controls have opened up a lot of new opportunities I must say, an example of a good implementation is Wii Sports, bad or wierd implementations include this.

To be fair to them however, other developers have done a lot worse. But I will leave it at that.

#42 Posted by X360PS3AMD05 (36298 posts) -
Sex sells .................except it's a kid console and this is video games where you already have people claiming it's the devil, nice job of bringing more negative attention.
#43 Posted by Everiez (1946 posts) -

I can't stop imagining how was Ubisoft brainstorming session for this game like. Either it was plain awkward or everyone giggling nonstop thinking what kind of gameplay they should put in this game.

#44 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

rragnaar

That is pretty fantastic!

ROFL. So true... at least for me because I live in Los Angeles, Cali. No, I don't drive a BMW. I drive a Honda Accord 2009 2dr. :P And I don't cut people off!

#45 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
Let me ask you guys this: What if Jade Raymond replaced one of those girls? What then, huh? :P
#46 Posted by inoperativeRS (8844 posts) -

Extreeeeme.

Edit: This is the best thing ever.

#47 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

:evil: The prudes at Ubisoft have stating that We Dare isn't getting a US release, so only Europeans will be able to play a game which tells them to slide their wiimote into their pants.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1152175p1.html

#48 Posted by juradai (2783 posts) -

Wait... Does this replace two girls and a cup with two girls and a wii remote?

#49 Posted by OtManisHere (18 posts) -
This is almost as embarrasing as Nicholas Cage's performance in The Wickerman
#50 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18778 posts) -

Wii Douche Party™